Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sad day in a Happy place EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sad day in a Happy place EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sad day in a Happy place EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sad day in a Happy place EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sad day in a Happy place EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sad day in a Happy place EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sad day in a Happy place EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sad day in a Happy place EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sad day in a Happy place EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sad day in a Happy place

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

Sad day in a Happy place Empty
PostSubject: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 am

It was a beautiful day in Endymion, the sky was blue, the birds were singing, people were laughing. Nearby the bench where Misha sat, some children laughed and played. They were just outside the concert hall in the Susie Q district, a Megatron overhead played the latest Katty Kurei video as advertisement for the upcoming concert. Although the day was nearly perfect, Misha sat on a bench eating a sweet roll with a few tears rolling down their cheeks.

Misha spent months mentally preparing themselves to be around a large crowd. Training by going to larger and larger events. But when they finally got the courage to try and buy a ticket to the Kurei concert, the kiosk was all sold out. All that time preparing and Misha just barely ran out of time. So all that excitement Misha felt when they were finally ready was smashed to ground.

So Misha did what they always did when hit by an emotional brick, endulged in some sweets. They sat and watched the people being people. Going about their days, not a care in the world. Never really knowing what goes on around them.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 5:22 pm

He felt truly, absolutely drained in a way he hadn't in a long time. He wasn't sure what he was doing out right now, honestly, let alone here of all places. His internal voice had come to rise again, but he was done with it right now - he smothered it and strangled it until it was too weak to spit those poisonous words of ruin again.
Cecil absolutely refused to listen to them.

He gave no mind to it as he eventually gave up on going anywhere for now and sat himself down on one of the benches. It came to his awareness that there was someone adjacent, but it registered little until his eye caught the glint of the wet trickles running down their face.
At that point, it choked him too much to consider ignoring them.
The listless expression was washed away for a facsimile of one more lively, one at least enough to fool those unfamiliar with him. He took off his headphones, cut the music, and looked over to the girl adjacent with a sympathetic smile. "Hey. What's up?"
Back to top Go down
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 am

Misha was startled that a strange man had suddenly sat next to them. Misha's posture stiffened as they prepared themselves for whatever came next. Misha thought this might happen since they dressed more like a girl today. Misha had on a white button up shirt, red skirt with black leggings and of course their signature green hoodie. They wanted to look nice for what should have been a grandiose day. But dressed as such they knew someone might try and approached them.

Misha was hypersensitive to the man's every movement, and wouldn't dare to look over at him for fear of starting an encounter. *I don't have enough hit points to handle this encounter* Misha fretted in their mind. *I don't think he even noticed you yet. You're getting better at hiding in plain sight.* Orochi says proudly. Misha wasn't sure how to feel about that compliment. On one hand maybe they can sneak away but on the other... I mean they did dress up and Misha thought they were pretty handsome.

When the man spoke Misha scooched farther away out of reflex, not hearing their words at first. It takes a second but when it finally gets through, Misha reaches up and clears their face. "Umm.... I-Its... Nothing." Misha stammers. They turn their face away and continue "This bun is just that good." Unfortunately Misha's voice cracked as they stumble with the lie.  They force out a front, trying to seem okay, but it misses the mark due their inability to stop their tears . The previous event left Misha emotionally weakened, and Misha knew at some point that damage will turn to numbness. Today she actually looked forward to that void.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 10:36 am

Cecil resisted the urge to flinch as Misha shuffled away, painted smile dipping slightly. It wavered again as the girl wiped at her face and tried to pretend there was no issue to be had, despite the streaming tears and shaking voice.
She was fooling nobody.
"If it was nothing, you wouldn't be crying over it." He shrugs, tugging his lips back up half an inch. "None of the food places around here are that great anyway unless you're after seriously fatty junk food. Don't get me wrong, that's nice sometimes...but I don't think a bun fits the bill. Not nearly enough grease."

He doesn't push further, simply trying to appear non-judgmental. He knew, of course, that they didn't have to divulge anything...but he knew something was bothering them, and right now he was loath to let that be.
Back to top Go down
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 am

Misha, still stiff, slowly turns towards the Man. They eye him up and down, *He didn't seem threatening, and l feel like he means well* Misha thought. They looked him in the eyes and decided to confess to this man, maybe telling someone would make them feel better. "Well....its trivial, really. I just wasn't able to get any tickets to the Katty Kurei concert." Misha blushes at how childish they sounded. "Mr.Kiosk said it was all sold out." Misha sniffled back some tears as they explain how hard they were working in order to get to go to this concerts. Saying their frustration out loud was a bit relieving and the more they spoke the more relaxed they got.

After finishing her explanation, Misha lets out a deep sigh "I just feel so defeated. All that hope just smashed like always." Misha wipes away their last tear. Ranting like that made Misha feel much better and they were no longer as timid as they were. "I'm Misha, by the way. Whats your name?" Misha extends their hand, offering it to man.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 3:27 am

Cecil's not sure what to make of the way he's looked over, but he manages to avoid indicating any discomfort he feels over the action.
A hint of relief passes over him as Misha opts to confide in him, and he keeps his expression steady as she gives the basic summary. The lack of tickets would have already been explanation enough...but before he can say anything, he finds himself subjected to the whole story of how she'd worked up to this point to be able to attend.
It was a tale he felt he could understand, right down to the comment that closed it, and he felt a little pit in his chest. His expression froze for a moment, a little too stiff to be quite right.

As he took Misha's hand, he let his smile take a controlled fall into an expression more neutral, smile no longer fitting his face. "I'm Cecil."
He lets a long breath out, shaking his head as he releases her hand. "As for what you said...I don't think it's so unimportant. Might sound like it to someone else who wouldn't have the same problem, but this is...kind of a big deal for you, isn't it? It was a goal you were working to. It was all supposed to pay off then." In a strange moment, he found himself envying Misha for managing that. Not only did she have that goal, she would have reached it if not for a lack of tickets. And even then..."You've still got next time, though. Lutein isn't my personal taste...but she is popular enough to have regular concerts. If you looked online, it probably won't be long till the next one...order in advance too so you don't have to worry about coming here to this again."
Back to top Go down
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 12:57 am

Cecil's frozen face was a bit off putting but Misha decided to ignore it. As Cecil spoke Misha felt their sadness was away. He seemed to imply he had the same problem as them, but perhaps this wasn't the time to talk about that. Cecil seemed to appreciate their struggle, this made Misha feel incredibly understood. This guy sure did know how to talk, maybe Misha could learn a thing or two from him.

Misha felt much better and this guy, Cecil, was very nice. Misha knew there was always next time but they were looking forward to this time. "The next concerts a whole month away, what if I lose my nerve by then..." Misha looked  around at all the people going about their day around them. "I wish I were normal like everyone else." Misha's expression was clearly depressed. Misha pulled up their hood back over their head, their face hiding behind their bangs.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 2:17 am

As Misha withdrew and hid herself away, he frowned. "You'll be alright. Just keep working at it until then." He shrugs, and laughs quietly. "Even if you do...there's the next time, isn't there? And the one after that. You did it once. You can do it again."
Back to top Go down
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 4:33 pm

"The Endless cycle of Trail and Failure." Misha laughed a little as far away memories returned to them, recollection of the days that followed her escape from the Organization. All the fear preventing them from trying anything at all, the fear that grew from countless failures in their life. Misha remember the promise they made to Orochi in those early days of freedom. The promise to never again live their life in blind repetition, or to believe that they would always fail if they were alone. They might have never have succeeded at much, but they succeeded at escaping! And today they came very close at succeeding at this endeavor!

"Thats Right!" Misha shouted as they stood up, bring their fist to their heart. "I made a promise to never give up! A promise to a dear friend that can not be broken!" Misha proudly exclaimed, their eyes looked towards the sky as they focused on the warmth emanating from the blades on their back.

Misha spun around to face Cecil, their face the picture of pure resolve. "Thank you, Mr. Cecil! You reminded me of something important, something I almost lost as my mind was overcome by darkness!" Misha spoke with their hands as much as their voice, arms moving along with their words like like a stage actor, or a video game character. Misha bowed in gratitude. "I'll give my promise to you to! I promise I'll never give up! I'll break this Endless Cycle and live my life as free as I can! As long as there is a next time, I'll never stop fighting!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Cecil watched the display with utter bewilderment. He had intended to cheer them up yes, and the way Misha had retreated into herself bothered him in a somewhat familiar way. But...for her to suddenly 180 into a dramatic display of determination straight out of a stage production?
Uhh...alright, then...? She seemed better at least.

"It's, um...no, ay, ah, problem. I'm...glad you're doing better now?"
Back to top Go down
OhNoItsZach

OhNoItsZach

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 am

Misha blushed and sat back down. "O-oh, excuse my outburst. I get a little overly excited sometimes." Misha chuckled nervously as they rubbed the back of their head. Though this stranger came out of no where, his kind words snapped Misha out of their slump. Misha's mind can be a terrible thing but today Cecil came to the rescue and for that Misha was truly grateful. "But Thank you. Really!" Misha eyes were bright with genuine admiration, they could never approach a crying stranger the way Cecil did.

The two continued to talk before going their separate ways. Misha gave Cecil their contact info in case he ever wanted to hang out again.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm

The thanks is enough to make Cecil feel awkward, smiling nervously and half shrugging as he looks away. The look in her eyes is one Cecil just can't bring himself to feel he's earned, a sheer and honest admiration that feels wasted on him. "It's nothing...just...something anyone would do."
It wasn't. He knew that much. Just the fact nobody before him had done it before he had managed to guilt himself into trying to improve the situation was enough to prove that. But still...it didn't feel deserved.

He wasn't sure how to hold the conversation from there. It felt awkward and stilted from there, but Misha seemed happy. He looked at the new contact in his phone, not quite sure what had happened, before firing off a message to Misha a couple of minutes after to make sure the number was right. That...and he'd forgotten to provide his own number at the time.

It felt strange, but...at least he'd helped, today. That much felt good. That much, he'd managed.

--> [EXIT]
Back to top Go down
virtual_feel

virtual_feel

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Cecilof the Death Arcana and Misha of the Death Arcana have established a Social Link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad day in a Happy place   Sad day in a Happy place Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad day in a Happy place
Page 1 of 1