Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) Empty
PostSubject: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 pm

With Gabe sending a simple text message to Cecil for the sake of inviting him to fish, Gabe wasn't sure what to expect from the day. Would cecil even show up?

"I Wonder..."

Gabe had a pair of fishing boots and a small overcoat on. He also had some bait and a spare fishing rod.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Fishing, huh...?
...memories of a dog, a boy rather defensive of the water dwelling wildlife, and a rather disappointed man flashed through his mind.
Yeah...that hadn't gone so well before now...but the fishing itself wasn't really the point in this case, was it?
It might be nice.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Cecil turned up in most of his usual attire, his earphones left to hang around his neck as he approached, alongside a pendant featuring two dragons twining around a sword with a (fake) ruby embedded in the hilt.
He smiled a little as he spotted Gabe, giving a little wave. "Hey there."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Hearing Cecil's voice, Gabe waved back to him. "Welcome, young Cecil. Today I wanted to go fishing and it seemed like the perfect time to invite you to one of m,y favorite past times. After we catch something, or with the hope that we catch something, I had every intention of starting a small fire here to eat it. I mean, there was a reason why I picked this particular spot. " Gabe would say this as he nodded his head and checked the gear that he had on him.  Looking back over to Cecil again, he ended up asking about the thing that he had on him.

"What is that you got there? Some kind of necklace or something?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 am

'Young' Cecil? That was a new one. Honestly, he had no idea where it came from - Gabriel didn't seem that much older than him to get away with saying things like that.
...it wasn't anything worth making a fuss over, though. Just...something that struck him as a little curious, really.
Cecil's face settled into a relaxed expression as Gabe ran through things. "Sounds good. Be nice to have some fresh fish...that'll be a new one." He glances away, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Juuuust hope you're better at this than I am...it didn't exactly go the best last time I went fishing."

"Huh?" Cecil looked curiously back to Gabe, before looking down, grasping the pendant in one hand. "Yeah...it..." He swallows. "...it was a gift."
He lets the pendant go, allowing it to settle again, and looks back up to Gabe as if nothing was wrong. "So...how do we do this?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 am

"That's a pretty nice gift, the person who gave it to you must be an important person in your life. Well, that's just an assumption off my end, but I would like to think that those kinds of gifts are really interesting to have when it comes to using them as novelty reminders of the people you formed relationships with. I don't have too many of those, so seeing one like that always brings a smile to my face."

Walking over to the other rod, Gabe would pick it up and hand it over to Cecil.

The first thing that we are going to do is attach the bait to the hooks. In the canister over to the left of the rock formation with the sticks that we are going to use to cook the fish, there should be some worms in there. "Gabe then smiled at Cecil. "Have you ever handled worms before?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 am

Cecil nods. He tries to speak a moment, but the words hitch in his throat again. They don't want to come out, refuse to be spoken, and it feels different them normal. So he turns them over and over in his head, until something that works comes out. "...no, you're right. They w- are. It's a little thing really, but...I wouldn't give it up for anything." He wouldn't quite call it a novelty...but it was a reminder.

Shaking his head clear, he takes the rod. "I...can't say I have, honestly. Didn't really handle live bait the couple of times I've done this."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 2:07 am

"Well, that's very nice to hear that Cecil, I hope you continue to cherish that gift of yours."

Moving along, Gabe would walk over to the container that had the live bait inside. Assuming that Cecil didn't really want to handle the worms or wasn't confident in giving it a shot, Gabe took it upon himself to give Cecil a little demonstration. The cooler itself exuding cold brisk air from the time that Gabe opened the top lid.

"Any hotter, the worms might turn to mush, did you know that?"

After game opened the lid, he grabbed the soil on the floor and pushed his hands through with them as he took the worm out the cooler.

"Just a way to mask the human scent, the fish won't bite if they smell us per say. On top of that, you need to cut the worm in half. Worms wiggle quite violently and can intimidate the trout in these parts."

After cutting the the worm in half, Gabe slid the worm on the hook.

"Something like that..see?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 am

"You...seriously have to have these things cooled to avoid them turning to mush?" Cecil looked questioningly at the squirming cooler, his gaze asking of the worms just how on earth mushing in hot environments was supposed to be a survival trait.

After Gabe demonstrated the proper handling of the worms, Cecil nodded and dug through the soil for his own, noting the feel in his hand as he found on. It was curious, to be certain. He could see why it might bother some people.
He cut the worm in half, and careful not to lose his grip, he slipped it onto the hook.

"Like that?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 1:48 pm

"Very good, you just might be a natural at this. I'm sure that you already know how to cast a line if you been fishing before, no? Maybe you weren't too experienced with live bait, but you do know how to set urself up for a good toss, no?"

Casting the line out with the focus being on his dominant hand's arm and wrist, Gabe's like would reach quite a distance as it bobbed in the water.

"More or less, the part that everyone seems to hate about fishing is the waiting game. However. it does leave us alot to talk. So what's been on your mind as of late?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 3:04 pm

"A...natural...? I, um, uh, don't think it's warranted? I cut up a worm and put it on a hook. That doesn't seem like it's anything difficult." Cecil cast his line out into the water, his falling short of Gabe's. "Wouldn't say a good toss, either. That would suggest more success than I actually had..." He chuckles awkwardly.

He listens, and soon, Cecil finds himself deep in his mind, contemplating just what's churning about in his mind. Demons and friendships, dreams he's yet to glimpse, a spectre of his mind intent on informing him of all his failures...like the ways he screwed up with his own sister.
"...more than I can count, let alone really talk about. Feels like everything's coming up out of nowhere all at once, changing things with every minute that passes by. All the good things, the bad...it's all coming out in force together."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 am

"Coming up out of nowhere huh? Unfortunately, that's kind of how life is, things can and will come at you when you least expect it. However, the way that it is handled depends entirely on the person it happens to. As a matter of fact, I would expect life to be a whole lot like fishing. "

Gabe would say this as he adjusted himself and looked out towards the river.

"A really good catch comes with patience. as well as knowing what it is when you feel that tug, and rolling it on home. Once you miss that opportunity, it swims away until a new one comes along. Or something like that..."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 9:52 pm

"...that feels a little simplistic, though." Sure, he was probably stretching the metaphor, but..."As much as that holds, it takes that only one things happening in any moment. They might come one after the other, but never at the same time."
How did he take this further? "You're less on the river with a line like this and more on a boat in the middle of the sea. You've got all sorts swimming by to catch in your net, along with all sorts that'll tangle in it and damage the net. The sea throws you about, you're trying to keep things steady while pulling in your haul, and there's just so many factors to manage..."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 2:55 am

"If it all comes at the same time, I guess it's unrealistic to give every single thing the proper attention that it deserves. You might be unable to due to being overwhelmed. In that case, what you should do is prioritize them and tackle the top thing off the list. Learning how to prioritize to consider what is more important than other is also important. "

In the comment of the sea, Gabe would chuckle a bit.

"If you ever get shaken up to the point of being thrown overboard, the best thing to do is to have a lifejacket on you before you enter the boat in the first place. I mean, especially if you can't swim. As for the net, well..... it's all apart of the risk of what you are trying to catch, from a trout and a sword fish, to a shark and a whale. It comes with the territory.....somewhat."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 2:38 pm

...heh. Alright...he had a point on that one. Trying to do everything was going to ruin him. But...what was most important, here...?
Hmm. "So how do you learn to start telling just what's the most important? How do you learn to prioritise these things?" Cecil's fingers drummed on the line as he waited. "It's well enough to say you need to learn...but that's hard to do when you don't know where to start."

Cecil sighs. "Guess I need to know what a lifejacket looks like in this case too..." He shrugs. "Got a point though...there are costs and stuff to these things. Though...I have to admit, I can't imagine trying to catch a whale in a net. That's one hell of a boat, and one hell of a net to be able to handle that."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 4:18 am

"How do you know if something is more important than the other? Well, that's actually a question for you, not me. The purpose of priorities varies from each individual, what I would sooner take on might be the last thing on your list, and vice versa. There can also be variations, but this is within the judgment of the person making these decisions in the first place. "

The ripples of the water nearby the bait started to increase a bit as Gabe spoke.

"What does a life jacket look like? Well, put it this way. If I was reeling something in and it looks like it started to pull me instead. What would be your first instinct? If it would be to help me pull, you kind of know what a lifejacket is. It's important to have friends during hard times, what you cant catch alone, you can do so together."

As soon as Gabe said that, his line started to move.

"Got one!"

Gabe said this as he started to reel it in.

"Feisty one too!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)   Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gone Fisning (Cecil/Gabe/Rank 3)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next