Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] Empty
PostSubject: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Tick. Tick. Tick.
There wasn't a clock to be seen that could have ever made the sound, but in his head, he still heard the sound.
The passing seconds, ticking by, reminding him of every little instant he spent alone and inactive within the confines of his home.
Cecil was seriously starting to wish for the nagging back. This was far more insidious.

Tick. Tick. Tick.
He couldn't study right now. It didn't matter if the information came as a string or a brick - he'd done more than he could withstand for now as it was, and trying to do it any more was only going to tire him out even worse than he'd already managed to do - and that was if the throbbing in his head didn't worsen either. It felt as if his head had been overfilled, forcing out everything that had been stuffed in there.

Tick. Tick. Tick.
Basically anything else he could do right now still failed to get rid of that incessant ticking. Nothing muted it, nothing slowed it, nothing made it stutter or stop. If only anyone was in to talk to, maybe he might get a...
Wait a minute.

Tick...tick...tick...

Maybe there was someone he could talk to.

Tick....

He fishes out his phone.

Tick...

Cecil: Tomomi? You there?

Nothing.
Thank god.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 pm

A lay in! A day off! With a sigh of relief, Tomomi stretched himself out, yawning, before allowing himself to fall with a little thud onto his sofa – the one that doubled as a bed for him in his small apartment in Little Tokyo. Letting out a light exhale, he began to close his eyes and nap…

Bzzt bzzt

As if to remind him that napping was totally out of his reach, the sound of buzzing brought his attention to the phone he’d set on the table. Sitting up with a slight groan, the boy reached over to grab his phone, looking at his display. Oh! Cecil.

Unlocking his phone, the boy began to text out his reply.

Tap tap tap…

Tomomi: i am now
Tomomi: what is up
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 7:00 pm

A little smile came to Cecil's face as Tomomi replied.
And then he realised he hadn't actually thought about what to say when or if he got this far.
...crap.

CECIL: Just wanted to talk.
CECIL: Haven't managed to catch you again.

Right...that was a start...

CECIL: How are you doing, by the way?
CECIL: Everything alright?
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 pm

As the next messages came in, Tomomi kept his phone on, deciding that this was something that was worth keeping awake for. So, laying in a more comfortable position after some adjustment, he continued his own reply, deciding that, while he could get up and get some water, such a task would require effort he wasn’t in the mood for exerting. So, instead, he tapped away his own response.

Tomomi: i am ok
Tomomi: got day off so am resting
Tomomi: the weather is really not helping any fatigue I think

After a brief pause, Tomomi continued on.

Tomomi: so what about you
Tomomi: how are things going on your end
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 pm

...goddamn, his head was pounding. Maybe he could actually get something for it now that he wasn't plagued by the incessant ticking.
As he got up, he noticed his phone buzzing again, messages rolling in.

CECIL: Been studying mostly.
CECIL: Too much, if the state of my head is anything to go by.

No way he was mentioning the being that kicked it all off. Telling someone he was technically a Psyche Terrorist was all kinds of stupid, let alone in a text that could be showed off to whoever if they didn't catch it outright.

CECIL: I'll be fine, anyway.

Looking through, Cecil got some water before downing some painkillers, hoping badly that they'd actually be effective.

CECIL: Say, Tomomi? What do you usually do with your time?
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 am

Reading the message, Tomomi felt slightly guilty about making Cecil help him out with studying. Oh well. As he posed the next question though, Tomomi thought through what it meant. Hobbies? He probably meant hobbies.

Tomomi: well i do mixed martial arts focusing mostly on strikes and counters
Tomomi: outside of that i like going for walks and looking for animals
Tomomi: birds are especially cute

After pausing, and smiling while thinking about a little robin he saw the other day, he typed further

Tomomi: what about you
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 am

Cecil started walking again, and...god, he could not be bothered to head back up the stairs right now. Better to stay down in case he needed to grab something.
Walking into the living room and flopping onto the sofa, he checked back on his phone to see what sort of a reply he'd gotten.
Hmm.

CECIL: Well...got a certain interest in music, if having earphones or something all the time didn't give that idea.
CECIL: Play fighting games, wander about...
CECIL: Got a bunch of tabletop games I don't get to play as much as I like.

Problem with needing the people to play with, really.

CECIL: To tell the truth though, having a harder time enjoying most of it recently.

...why was he bothering Tomomi with this?
He didn't need to deal with it.

CECIL: ...not that that's any of your problem.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 am

As Tomomi read the latter part of Cecil’s texts, he felt a frown arise. That… Wasn’t a good mindset for a friend to have, right? So, back to tapping away he went, letting out a yawn. He could really have used that nap, but, friendship is more important, at least to him.

Tomomi: nah were friends so your problems my problems, im pretty sure anyway
Tomomi: so long as you want to share anyways
Tomomi: so with that said do you want to talk about whats got you feeling so down or if theres anything i can do to help
Tomomi: of course if you dont wanna talk about it how about telling me what games you play if you want to let me know since im a bit curious

Aaaaaand send
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Once more, Cecil found himself taken aback at a declaration of friendship. He always really hoped, but he still never expected to hear it.
He...still didn't like concerning other people with his problems, but really, this was the stuff he was supposed to share with a friend, wasn't it?
He may as well.

CECIL: Guess you're right, huh?
CECIL: Sorry, not used to this.

Felt silly to admit, but it wasn't worth hiding.
Ankou, however...how was he supposed to explain this?
You know, without being sent off to the brainwashing camp.

CECIL: ...not sure how to say this.
CECIL: Hit me a while ago that...I wasn't really doing enough, let's say.
CECIL: That I was just drifting through, I guess.
CECIL: More to it than that, but texting isn't exactly the best way to explain.

Probably would have been easier to talk games, but come to think, it was probably a good thing he was doing this now.
What would Hatsu think about this, he wondered?

CECIL: It was just a little voice in my head before, but it feels like it's taken on a life of its own now.
CECIL: And it just doesn't go away.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Reading through Cecil’s reply, thoughts went into Tomomi’s head. Still, this was his first friend in a long time. He couldn’t mess this up, no matter what. Thinking carefully, Tomomi slowly typed out his reply, a slight delay after Cecil had sent his initial messages.

Tomomi: im not sure I understand entirely what you mean but

Sighing, Tomomi followed it up with a question, hoping this wasn't stressing Cecil out. He was helping... Right?

Tomomi: does this voice hurt you or tell you to do bad things
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 pm

It was a tense moment after Cecil sent his messages, waiting for Tomomi to reply. He wasn't sure what reply he was going to get, until...
He froze a moment.

CECIL: No
CECIL: Nonononono
CECIL: Nothing like that

...that was definitely an overreaction, but he had no intention of giving Tomomi the idea the rest of the school had gotten.

CECIL: It...just keeps telling me I'm wasting my time whenever I'm trying to relax.
CECIL: That I need to talk to people, study, do something productive
CECIL: That I've always been wasting my time.

He pauses, letting that sink in as he thinks about the whole thing himself. It wouldn't be so bad, but...

CECIL: I don't even think it's entirely wrong.
CECIL: That's the worst bit.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Telling him to be more proactive… That sounds like a fairly big thing. Was there anything Tomomi could do though? He wasn’t exactly a therapist or psychologist, and surely if he tried to help, things would just be worse…

Be there.

… Who was that? That voice sounded… Familiar… Was that…?

Tapping away once more, he decided to follow his… Creepy, omnipotent voice’s advice.

Tomomi: in that case maybe talk to this voice and try to find an even ground
Tomomi: i mean in my opinion the only wasted time is time that you see no purpose in
Tomomi: if you enjoy something then even if you feel unproductive it was not wasted
Tomomi: likewise if you save an entire location but dont feel your heart in it then it may have been a waste
Tomomi: i think
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:17 pm

He couldn't help it. Cecil let out a long, dry laugh.
Oh, Tomomi had no idea, did he? Nobody who didn't know about his activities with the playhouse would have a clue just what he found so amusing about what he'd just been told. Hell - just the fact he literally could talk to that voice was funny enough, considering he probably didn't mean to have an actual conversation with it the way he could.
Still. He had a point. It was...worth a try, really.

The abyss had stared him down long enough. It was time to make it the one to look away on their little contests.
However long that took.

CECIL: You know, maybe I should.
CECIL: If it's going to keep going on at me, maybe I should start talking back.

He rang his hand through his hair, his head feeling a little less terrible than it had before. He wasn't sure whether that was more to do with the painkillers he'd just taken, or the conversation he was now having with Tomomi.
They were both doing something for him.

CECIL: What about you?
CECIL: Hardly fair to offload on you without giving you a chance to do the same.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm

When Cecil returned the question, Tomomi had to pause to think for a while. He couldn’t mention the ghost man that until now had just kind of been quiet, nor could he really talk about how uncomfortable the city could be. Racism wasn’t a very good conversation point either…

Well, as uncomfortable to speak about as it was, maybe he could mention his parents somewhat. It seemed like Cecil had spoken about something personal. Still, it wasn’t something he could just give full details on over text. So, he began typing out.

Tomomi: outside of doing the litter job is a drain on my energy
Tomomi: i guess i kind of just miss my parents
Tomomi: its not the kind of thing i can just say over text tho

As he sent that last message, the boy sighed, leaning his head back against the arm of his sofa/ bed.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:43 pm

...missed his parents...
Did...?

CECIL: ...I think I have an idea what you mean.
CECIL: I mean, it's not exactly the same

CECIL: Probably
CECIL: But it's something.

Cecil pushed it down.
Hard.

CECIL: I'm happy to talk about this stuff.
CECIL: If you're up to it, I mean.
CECIL: Maybe save this for another time, though.

A pause.

CECIL: You said you were curious about the games?
CECIL: Did you mean any particular one of those types orrr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]   Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Musings and Messages [Cecil/Tomomi]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next