Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
May Lily

May Lily

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Empty
PostSubject: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 12:10 am

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Ee0f9502b5767a42b967d35db3f48e59a1d1fae694a9c9730a374d30f10a6b4d_thumb

Professor Liliana rarely found herself this far out of the Slums. While she avidly detested the place, this was the only area in Junction where she could live relatively peaceful. While it was obviously... Not up to her standards in the slightest... It was better than being a gawked at figure, or some famous relic of Junction's existence. Though, she doubted most the populace would believe she was as ancient as legend said... Though, the fact she was a legend made real was enough to cause an uprising... It was such a bore...

She'd sigh gently though, sitting down on the cleanest remnants of a bench she could find, looking up at the sky of the world they had come across. It was a plain world, though she knew from some records that there was more to it than it seemed. She would care lazily though, this world had no new exotic species that brought her any mind, and if she needed a local specimen, she'd have an associate persuade one to live on Junction. Simple enough, no?

Well, what she really wanted was a mushroom. Something to dull her senses. Something to just... Not exist for a time... Ah, that would be nice...
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 pm

So's I gots me a conundrum I do. Ain't nothin' can ever be easy, not fer Ol' Grubby. Take a shortcut through the fuggen planes to Crimson Keep, get yer ass stranded in the Plane'a Shadow. Try an' find somethin' to get yer ass off the Plane'a Shadow run into a skeleton-lovin' corpse-fondlin' sumbitch that's been lyin' in wait for ya. Even the mudane shit been gettin' at me. I got my damn nose all bandaged up when I fuggen broke it makin' money, shit's never been this hard before but I'll keep sluggin' at it. We need stuff to get goin' an' that means coin, I can't go 'round takin' shit from who knows fuggen where if I ain't got the ass to back up that boot I'm gonna get. I just didn't think I'd be eatin' dirt to make a damn day's pay. Face fuggen hurts, got me real good shiner, fuggen hurts to smoke too but here I is, walkin' up on the rooftops coughin' up bloody snot with my lips wrapped 'round one'a them stogies what with the chocolate taste. Can't fuggen taste it after sneakin' a big ol' kiss to the ground like I did but I like to imagine it tastes better'n whatever bullshit's leakin' outta my nose an' down my damn throat. You ever get yer nose broke? It hurts like hell the first time then it just gets fuggen annoyin' after a while like stubbin' yer pinkie toe on a chest.

But I gotta keep goin', world ain't gonna stop fer me so I ain't gonna stop fer it I tells ya. Just need to get me some information 'bout this necromancer, got several grievances with that zombie fugger that I wanna carve into his face there. Gonna have to figure out how he operates first, what he does, how he does the dumb bullshit he do. Cuz if I know that I know where he's gonna be, an' if I know where he's gonna be I can be waitin' there with a warm plate'a stabbin's an' a tall glass of foot up his ass. I cough a bit on the cigar I got as I'm walkin' round the rooftops, sure as shit I shouldn't be smokin' this while my face is rebuildin'. ...I know what yer sayin' an' fuck you I like the rooftops. Shit's safe up here, ain't no one to bother ya, an' ya get a hell of a view. Good fer doin' scoutin' work which I technically am 'sposed to be doin', this shit's just more important. Fuggen shit, musta gone down the wrong pipe, coughin' a bit fuggen more now.

"*UuuooHURGH! MmmmruoooHURGHURGH! ha-ACK! ...hooooooOOOOOOOOORK...!*" I lean over the side'a the buildin' there what to hack up all the gunk in my damn lungs when I gotta stop myself. Almost spit on a broad there, she's all lookin' up at me an' everythin'. Man I'd feel like an asshole if I spit on some broad much as I like to hock loogies off'a buildin's at the jagoffs in the street cuz they can't do nothin' but hop around an' shake their damn fists at me. You just don't do that to a lady. I bring my head over onto the top'a the roof an' spit it out over there, but I gotta do a double-take when I'm done noticin' what I see down there. She's got a fuggen hat. Ain't no fuggen regular hat. That broad's got a wizard hat. Think I remember somethin' 'bout some witch down in the Slums what wanders 'round an' takes people away an' whatnot, sounds like a witch to me. An' ain't no normal fuggen person wear that dumb-lookin' hat.

*pthoo* Oi!" I calls down to her from about three stories up, "You be that there alchemist what people been talkin' 'bout down here!?" 'Course I calls'er an alchemist, ya ain't call no lady a witch 'fore she says it herself first. Good way to get smacked 'cross the face even if yer right. Or turned into a fuggen toad but I ain't scared'a that. Skin's already green an' warty an' I'm uglier'n a box a shit, the fuggelse she gonna do to me? Make me jump better? Hopin' I'm right though, could give this job figurin' shit out to Hildebrandt but it'd just take his smarmy ass away from gettin' us a way back home. That an' I ain't want'im to know I'm after a necromancer what wants'im dead, that jagoff's gonna wanna go out an' learn'im a new spell. Hocus Pocus, I'm-a-Cadaver. But I ain't above turnin' to other wizards an' witches for doin' what's gotta get done.
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:34 am

To think one as ugly as Grubby would have even caused Lilliana to stare at him was absurd... But, one could assume one as ugly as that could be somewhat vain. Regardless, she had taken know notice of the green filth until she was shouted at. Really, so rude... She was trying to enjoy the view for once and some dirty folk disturbed her peace... What was one even doing this far out of the Slums...? Such strangeness...

"I may be the myth you speak of... If I am, I suppose you know what happens next?" she'd say lazily, no real effort behind her words. She didn't care about something like what was yelling at her. Really, she took one brief look and knew any normal conversation would be impossible. It wasn't like she could be proven wrong, that was the whole point of science... To find new break throughs. She had little hope in this thesis being false though.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 pm

She ain't say she wasn't, an' down here in the gutter that's as good as sayin' yes. Means I got my gal. 'Sides, if she ain't it she could point my busted nose in the right direction if'n she knows the spook tale. Personally I think it's a buncha horseshit. Fer one anyone who do shit that shady ain't wander 'round without drawin' up a crowd, considerin' they wander at all. Fer two all the spooky shit what goes on in the bad parts a town's mostly just people blowin' smoke, the scary shit's always normal. The normal shit's what's always scary. Legend 'bout a werewolf what stalks the town at night? Just some stray wolves wanderin' in to get a bite at the flock. Hear some weird gurglin' in the sewer there? Fuggen Illithid invasion. Shit's fuggen topsy-turvy, hand to Pelor. Even if she say she is who she is I ain't scared. I'm a goddamn adventurer, we ain't get kidnapped and ate by no witch. I take one last puff off my smoke 'fore I put it out on the roof there. Can't be smokin' while talkin' to no strange lady, that's just bad actin'. I let the smoke roll while puttin' up a finger to gimme a minute then I get to climbin' down. I get a couple foot drops here an' there but I get down smoother'n milk, only take me a couple seconds.
"Naw I ain't believe'em none," I says as I get my feet back on the stone, "Stories is just all they is an' a story turns into a tall tale real quick like. Yer a person here so I'm gonna treat ya like someone I ain't met yet, ya know like a friggen adult would." I go ahead an' pull my hood down so I ain't seem so scary, most people that ain't used to gobs'd be paintin' their shorts brown by now an' I ain't wanna scare'er none. Got my bald ass head gleamin' in the light'a the damn day, there's a reason I ain't like takin' my hood off understand? Looks like the bottom of a soldier's heel, all round an' smooth an' calloused'n shit.

But I'm gonna turn on what charm an' politeness I got, even fer this ol' salty bastard. I been around, I sweet talked a few broads in my day. Mostly by payin'em gold but I'm still fuggen countin' it. I might be dumb but I ain't fuggen stupid, ya gotta treat a lady with respect if ya wanna get anywhere. 'Cept gnomes but gnomes ain't people, they're fuggen nuisances walkin' around in bags a skin an' bones an' stupid fuggen hair.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Hoodle10

"Hate to bother ya missy but I guess I got excited when I saw who I think I did, y'see I gots me a problem only an alchemist can help solvin'. Can ya be kind enough to help me a 'lil bit?"

Can't rightly ask Hilderbrandt fer this cuz'a reasons like him getting' his fat fuggen head involved in shit that might get'im killed, so's this here lady in the wizard hat's my next best bet if she be who I think she is. Even if she ain't so nice I gots me a plan, everybody turn nice when ya pay'em enough. Gotta grease the wheels if ya want the wagon to go.
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 6:34 pm

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] -paIO9be_400x400

She'd smile, it was a lazy smile really. Nothing about it seemed important... But, within milliseconds a loud thunk would vibrate throughout the area they were standing in. For Grubby, nothing would seem to have changed... Though, on second glance he'd find himself surrounded on all sides by what appeared to be see through glass. Professor Lilliana would stand and slowly walk over to the glass box Grubby now found himself within. She'd sigh, her smile gone and replaced with the most unenthusiastic look ever conceived by man kind.

"You picked the wrong story to think false... Alas, you are lucky this cryptid means you no harm. My name is Professor Liliana, commonly associated with the 'Witch of the Slums'. I am no such thing though, I am a psychologist and analyzing you is what I'll be doing..." she'd trail off as screens found themselves showing up on the glass. Lillian would swipe at a few, some she'd close. Everything she did was lazy and seemed to have no real effort behind it. Really, it gave off the sense that she had done this a billion times, possibly even more, and there was nothing that really caught her interest in this daily act anymore.

"I'm no alchemist as I said, and it depends on the job and if you have anything of real interest to me... ID #GOB4773819... I... See people have been documenting beings on Junction by race again... How immature of them..." she'd say with a bemused sigh. She'd continue at her work, lazily looking at each screen with mediocre interest. She'd sometimes pause and return to a previous screen, seeming to have just forgotten something or the likes. Really, it was hard to tell with her. Everything she did just seemed so... Unmotivated?

"It appears you are of average intellect, younger than one would assume with the type of creature you are. Mental stability is normal, I'm assuming you don't suffer from any mental illnesses? PTSD? OCD? Just to name the two everyone seems to have these days... Feel free to speak your mind. Just because I forced you to undergo a psychological screening doesn't mean this still isn't for some benefit on your end." she'd muse with the faintest hint of a smile. It was honestly somewhat amusing to her... Though, what she found funny was up in the air. Well, another screen was gone so that was good? Hm...
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 3:21 am

So's as soon as I'm pleadin' my case to this here lady I find myself with my pants 'round my ankles, in a fuggen box no less. I'm quick on my feet but I ain't fast enough fer this one, but I'm already movin'. Soon as the walls come down I already got a head start but my fist just punches into the glass there. Should'a known better, fuggit, I did know better'n'a trust a damn witch but this place's makin' me go soft. I scowl at the purple bitch through the glass, starin' daggers at'er. But it ain't do me no good. I'm a patient old man. I ain't gotta be hasty, that ain't do no one no good. First of all I gotta find me a way out. Secondly when I do get out I'm gonna slice this bitch from ear to ear. That's a rule you gotta learn there, son. If ya got a gob in a trap ya better kill'em quick 'fore he gets loose cuz he's gonna fuggen get loose.

Strengths:

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Boss11

"S'pose this is what I get fer tryin'a play nice."

I get up from my hunch an' stand real tall, show'er I mean business. I get lookin' around with my arms crossed. Now I ain't bein' passive about this, nosir. Not just gonna get bent over an' let this happen to me, whatever it is she's gonna do. I'm gonna get myself outta this one way're another an' I already tried diplomacy, so's I got two more options on my plate here. Gonna try intimidation an' if that don't work gonna have to use my knife. If it gets there ain't gonna be no more pleadin', ain't no more reasonin', I'm gonna do what I gotta do an' I ain't turnin' away from it so she better open'er fuggen ears.
"Gonna take the high road here an' give ya one last chance to get me outta this here box 'fore I teach ya why they call us rogues 'mage killers'." As I'm talkin' a fog'a smoke comes to my hand an' it turns into my trusty dagger. I turn it over in my hand a bit, trace my finger along the edge. Still sharper'n a fuggen halflin' bard, perfect for turnin' problems into bodies with holes in'em. She's talkin' but I ain't listen more than I gotta cuz it ain't I'm sorry I shouldn't'a done that lemme get ya outta there. Don't right understand what I do hear anyway.
"Yeah, I got this problem where I get a strong urge to stab people in the face what put me in magic fuggen boxes. I s'pose you might wanna be lettin' me outta here 'fore you get put in a box, ya understand?" She can't even help me, she ain't no alchemist, she's a fuggen psionic whatsitcalled. Common mistake, they both do weird shit, I'll let the stories I got slide. But if she ain't let me go I'm gonna get my dagger wet an' leave her in pieces in the gutter.

Action:
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Well, for starters, the glass was strong. Very strong. Grubby's punch, whether weak or strong, would have felt the impossible strength it had. Weaknesses? Really, there was none to be seen by the naked eye. Around him would be four glass walls, below him a metal sheet that didn't belong to the floor, clearly something the box had created. Above him would also be a metal plate with something out of sight for him to see. If he'd expect the metal though, he'd find them just as strong if not stronger than the glass. He was probably stuck there.

"Funny, I wasn't aware I was given a first chance to begin with..." she'd say with the laziest attempt for a laugh ever. She'd turn back to him though, paying him no mind in the slightest. She wasn't intimidated by some goon of the Slums. She had lived down here longer than any of these children had, and she hadn't done it without having to defend herself. "So, are you going to just... Ignore all my questions? And just go along and threaten me? If so, can you at least try and kill me after the screening and stay silent?" she'd say with a wave of her hand. She'd bring up more screens, looking at one with a small squint of her eyes. Ah...

"You have one as well? Hm, how peculiar... I'll make a note of that. Also, your signs of anger are incredibly high... Hm... It seems you really were a waste of time... Aside from this gift you received, there is nothing important about you..." she'd mutter with a flippant wave of her hands. All the screens disappearing as she stepped to the glass. She'd follow the goblin's example, no longer bending over and standing at her full height. She was tall, startlingly so. At least six feet, if not more.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Sucy_by_kazene_kio-dawhygn

"Now listen here, thief. You have been gifted a power few can even fathom. I am going to let you keep this power, for now. Know my ears are many and reach to every corner of this tower. If you dare use it for an evil purpose, you will be stripped of it immediately."

Her lazy demeanor was gone, a cold, harsh expression across her face. If Grubby looked close enough, he could see a distinct glow in her eyes. It was clear she was just as ready to fight if needed, and she would be more than happy to see another one of Junction's stains thrown into a cell. She was serious, oh so very serious.

"Understood? Or shall I see you bloodied and in a cell?"
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Bitch has got fire in'er. Too bad gobs ain't scared a fire. Y'see, when yer small, yer life is short, an' everythin' an' their fuggen ancestors wants ya dead ya either get scared'a everythin' or nothin' can get yer skin pricklin' no more. I seen my fair share a monsters man an' beast. I lived my damn life. I ain't 'fraid a nothin' no more. I throw my hood back on, ain't concerned about scarin'er no more. It ain't gonna happen. Fuggen shame that. We got a sayin' among us rogues, ya can only intimidate someone with their permission. Then ya gotta use the knife. I step right up to the glass too. I ain't some bug ya can just put in a jar an' shake around. If she ain't know already she's gonna learn if yer fuggen with a gob ya better make sure he can't do nothin' about it down the road, cuz that green jagoff's gonna follow ya to the ends of the earth just to get even.

"Only one here's gonna be behind bars is you when they're pickin' yer guts outta a sewer grate," I grumble at'er.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Pissed11

"Ya got a lotta nerve trappin' me in here an' havin' the stones to call me the bad guy. Well ain't you on a fuggen tall horse? I ain't remember givin' ya more'n the last chance so ya better make the smart choice'n not make enemies you ain't know."

Looks like she's got you by the balls, old timer.
If ya ain't got nothin' good to say cram it up yer asshole.

Hey, no need to get testy. I think I might be able to help you out, whadya say?
Thinkin' about it. So's ya figure yer killin' irons can cut through this here box is what yer tellin' me.
What I'm tellin' you is that if this goes off like I think it will I won't even have to.

I get to listenin' to'im fer a bit. He's got a plan there. I ain't got no plan yet so's I guess we're goin' with his. This is either gonna work'er it ain't, no skin off my ass either way. If it don't I'll figure somethin' out, always do. Can't be no way outta this here shit stack otherwise I wouldn't a got in here in the first place. I smack my palm on the glass there, up towards're face like. Don't think I'll scare'er but that ain't what I'm tryin'a do here. I'm tryin'a see how much the glass rattles, how much give this box got. Got my breath foggin' up the glass there, got my face reeeeeaaaaal close there.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Hostil10

"Looks like it's choosin' time, sweetheart. So ya gonna let me out're am I gonna have to get out? Cuz it ain't gonna be pretty if'n I gotta cut maself loose."
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 am

"We've been over this, Lilliana..."

The voice would come from above and away, almost inaudible from where Grubby stood, fuming no doubt. Yet, the voice would be somewhat familiar someone who's presence would undoubtedly bring as much frustration as Liliana's. Shortly after the voice spoke, a large bowie knife with a long curved handle sailed through the air and embedded itself into the top of the glass box, cracking the area around it and causing a rather loud thunking sound to reverberate within the box.

If ether looked to where the knife had been thrown from they would see, up on a rooftop not to far from the pair and their box, a figure cloaked in a black coat and white mask.

A blue flame flicked at the man's feet, with one hand he adjusted his mask, and with the other he held a second knife.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] 5152460-6249619527-47900
"What the hell do you think you're doing to my Seeker Liliana? Let him out... I do believe he has a question for you."

The figure would seat himself on the edge of the roof, looking down at the scene unfold. With a lazy sigh, he ran a hand through his matted and messy black hair. This had gone ass end up so very...very quickly. "Please forgive the good Doctor, Grubby... She often gets a bit to excited and curious for her own good." The man shot Liliana a glare that she could read through his mask all to well.
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm

She'd tense up as the knife somehow pierced her box. Her eyes glowing fiercely before she saw who it was. With a deep, exhausted sigh that said exactly how she felt about this man, she'd return to her normal state. She'd stop standing upright, her normal slouch returned as she waved a hand. The box would fly away, leaving Grubby free to do as he pleased. She'd turn to walk away a few steps, the box flying around her as if it were made of paper. She'd bring it close so she could lazily stare at the knife.

"I recall no such conversation... And as long as he is your responsibility, I care not what he does..." she'd mutter lazily, grabbing the knife and yanking it out of the glass box before dropping it lazily to the ground. She'd stare at the crack with a huff. These things didn't come cheap...

"I hope you can pay for this... I'm not eager to listen to my student's exaggerated concerns about this..." she'd say with another sigh, waving her hand at Grubby for him to speak if he wanted to. "I got what I wanted, and if he hadn't threatened me, as per the rules of who I am, I would have helped him... You should know this, I did the same to you when you first came here." she wouldn't even bother looking at them. This was too much of a mental strain on her. Why even bother... Neh... There wasn't even a point in pursuing that train of thought.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 am

Gettin' just about ready to break meself outta this prison. Won't be the first time, sure as shit ain't gonna be the last. I take a step backward ready to jump up on them walls but I never get the chance to do what I was gonna be doin'. Big WHUMP hit's the damn box an' I hit spin 'round with my arm coverin' my neck. Feels like the box just got hit by a crossbow. I ain't too far off, I see glintin' steel comin' outta the top, shape of a knife. Looks like I got friends in high places. Hopin' it ain't that 'lil girl what with the blue hair, I already owe'im somethin', I don't need more'a that debt.

Then I listen. I don't like what I hear. Nosir, don't like it a goddamn bit.

I listen to the voice'a that asshole what got me into this mess in the first place. Now I'd say I wasn't happy but that's undersellin' it. I was fuggen pissed lemme tell ya. Pissed'n fuggen confused. Here be the motherfucker I been lookin' all over to carve his face off'n he comes to my fuggen rescue. Means shit's gotta be harder'n I think it is, that right there by itself is enough to get Ol' Grubby in a bad mood but it gets fuggen worse when ya throw in the Warlock. Don't care what he's got on his face there, ain't gonna be no face left when I'm through. I'd recognize that fuggen voice anywhere. Here's the thing about us gobs, ya might think we're dumber'n shit but we ain't forget the ones that wronged us. Got this jagoff burned into my memory.

I get in a low stance as the two fuggen mages get to talkin' when the witch decides she's finally gonna free me. S'always gotta be fuggen wizards. Ya ain't got no evil barbarians're monks're fighters, always gotta be the wizards. Makes me worry fer Hilderbrandt. But I gots bigger fish to fry.
"Now that wasn't so fuggen hard was it, sweetheart?" I hiss at the witch. I got about half a mind to put some steel in'er but I don't fer a couple'a reasons. Fer one I said if she'd let me go I wasn't gonna do nothin' an' I still fuggen ain't. Fer two startin' a fight on two fronts is a good way to end up in a smaller box'n the one I was in. I keep my dagger high'n close to my face like ya do when yer facin' down a threat as I take some steps backwards. Let'em talk a 'lil, let'em hash it out. What I'm really fuggen doin' is gettin'em on one side'a me so's I ain't got jagoffs doin' shit behind my back. Basics a fuggen fightin' right there, don't get surrounded like a punk ass. But then it's Grubby's turn to talk an' I got shit to say.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Can_yo11

"Had a fuggen question but ain't no psion helpin' me with it. 'Sides I figure I'd cut to the damn chase here. I don't remember belongin' to fuggen nobody since Th'razar turned to ash an' you ain't got the right to tell me who's I gotta forgive! Now here..."

I shoot a glance to the witch but I don't turn my body none, still gotta get ready to dodge if I gotta an' ya can't do that if ya throw down yer guard like that.
"...if'n yer fuggen workin' with the Warlock I'm gonna suggest ya reevaluate yer life choices 'fore I gotta do it for ya or we's gonna have a bone to pick later, yer ribcage with my dagger if I'm makin' the choice," I says. I ain't fuggen around here. Now I ain't a violent gob. I like the simple things. I like a good pint a ale at the end'a the day an' a nice hot bowl a stew an' I like it when people do the people thing an' act like people to each other. Cuz when ya get these jagoffs what think they can just go about turnin' good people to goo that's when my blood starts to boil. No, I ain't a violent gob, but I get plenty violent a lot if it means these assholes can't hurt nobody no more ya understand? Then I turns to the Warlock. Oh I already got somethin' goin' on with him. Got some questions, got some accusations, an' I got a hell of an itch in my wrist that wants to move back an' forth with a blade in it.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Crouch10

"'Spose you got quite'a lotta 'splainin' to do here asshole. Got somethin' I been meanin' to ask ya, but I'm a 'lil hard a hearin' so why dontcha come down here like a man cuz if I gotta climb my ass up there gonna carve them words in yer chest fer the trouble."

I ain't gonna lie, I ain't mad. Nosir mad happened a couple'a minutes ago when I was in the box. I'm fuggen furious ya understand? I'm gonna get me some answers an' if I don't I'm pretty damn sure I can still be satisfied with the Warlock's head hangin' from my belt. I start walkin' real slow toward the buildin' he's on. Copper to silver I'm gonna have to chase this jagoff down, but last time he cut my way off. What he ain't got goin' fer'im this time is he's on the damn roof. That's Grubby's house right there. So's he's gonna start talkin' or he's gonna start bleedin', I don't give a damn which.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 5:42 am

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Hei-da10
"Your selective memory will get us both in trouble some day dear Doctor...Just so long as you ask next time you want to examine someone it should be fine..."

The man let a haggard breath leave him as he pinched his mask where the bridge of his nose would be. A futile gesture but one that brought some semblance of relief regardless. Though, even at this he couldn't help but find a bit of humor. A dry chuckle was all he could get out though, as it seemed the goblin was none to pleased with his sudden interference. If he was angry before, he was absolutely livid now. Though why he had such a burning hatred was lost on the Traveler. "Working with me?... I suppose you could say that is our arrangement if you wanted to. It wouldn't be correct, nor would it be wrong. It would just be one way you could define the relationship I have with the dear Doctor here. As for belonging to me... Grubby, you misunderstand. You don't belong to me, no no..."

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Travel10
"You have merely been chosen for a very important task, one who's success or failure will decide whether or not reality continues to exist in it's present, or really, any form..."

"Frankly it's more that you are in my employ then anything else. As such, should you choose, you are free to leave my employment at any time..." The Traveler's words carried with them an air of finality as he leaped to a lower room and gestured with open arms to Liliana "Merely say the word and the good Doctor will remove your Persona and you will be rid of the responsibilities there in. You will be able to return to the life you had before it awoke. Honestly a Seeker who does not seek is more of a liability anyway...Though I don't see that problem with you Grubby. You're so naturally curious that it would be a shame if you decided to give it up."

With that said the Traveler would leap down to ground level, or at the very least the level at which Grubby and Liliana were standing."But before all that... you said you had a question for me?..." As the Traveler approached, a faint feeling of wrongness would overtake the area. As if something in the immediate vicinity was fundamentally incorrect and it's very existence was pulling the geometry of the landscape in directions that did not exist.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Tumblr_nay0lgTmWI1toaonyo1_r3_500
Could it be about the beings you met in the tunnels? Or perhaps the corrupted creatures you fought?
Or maybe you just want to know

who...

I ...

am...

Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 am

She'd wave her hand in lazy acknowledgement of what the two had to say. She really didn't care for what choice words they had to say about her means of work. She was a scientist, and one pursuing a cause she thought just. Frankly, the mere thought someone would dare tell her how to act was upsetting enough. But if this masked nuisance would sabotage every one of her scannings then what point really was there in doing them? It would have been best if he simply never came here. What a terribly annoying man.

"I reevaluate what needs to be changed, as I see there is no reason for me to change my course of analytical pursuit. Alas, I am being forced to do so lest my work be sabotaged by this man." she'd say with an annoyed sigh, she didn't like the idea of being told she was working under someone. "I work for no one. This man requested I do something, and I did it in regards to see how much of a challenge it was. He then asked me a favor, and I decided to do it under a price. A price, I might add, will now be doubled due to the damaging of my box." she'd huff, turning to look the masked man dead in the eyes. She didn't like being ignored, and he had ignored her right there. She couldn't care less about Grubby at this point. Should he have told her the goblin was his responsibility, she would not have cared about his vulgar threats. No, instead he damaged a priceless instrument of science and dare mock her.

"... Tsk... This is frustrating me. I will be taking my leave lest you request me not too. I am not one for anger, and this situation has proved to be a colossal waist of time and ultimately a failure on my part. Are we through here?" quite frankly, this was giving her more of a headache than before... She'd be going straight to a seller after this and locking herself in her lab for the rest of the week. She'd greatly appreciate forgetting this moment in her life.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:40 am

I ain't like that. Not a fuggen bit. I ain't like beein' chosen fer fuggen nothin' but I 'spose it can't be helped, I'm a fuggen goblin adventurer motherfucker some shit ya just can't get away from. If I got chosen fer somethin' I got chose fer it, ain't nothin' I can do about it but do what I always do an' that's what I think is gonna be right. But I ain't gonna let this slide. Not gonna lie, this jagoff scares me. I ain't scared'a warlocks but this asshole's somethin' else. But I ain't backin' down. If it ain't gonna be me it's gonna be someone else an' they's gonna be younger'n have a whole life ahead of'em. This my damn job. I stand up to assholes an' I make'em pay fer what they did in blood. Been doin' this my whole life, it ain't stoppin' now just cuz I'm a 'lil skittish.

I set my jaw there and face the Warlock, but I speaks to the Witch.
"So it's fuggen blackmail, is that right now? ...s'posin' ya get a pass fer that one. But that's gonna be a one time thing, ya understand?" I suck my teeth an' nod a 'lil, borin' a fuggen hole in that bastard's mask with my eyes there. I get it. Not everyone's a fuggen adventurer, they got weaknesses like the rest'a every fuggen jagoff that walks the land. But that's gonna fuggen stop cuz I'm gonna put a stop to it, ain't no fuggen excuses no more. I ain't here to make enemies but if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen. There's just some shit I can't let slide an' I got a real low tolerance fer mages what wanna stick their noses in shit no one understands fer shits an' fuggen chuckles.
"S'gonna be on him what he wants from ya, hopin' it ain't mercy. Ran outta that shit a while ago."

I square up to the Warlock. I got my dagger twirlin' in my fingers there. Ain't gonna be no surprise attacks on my watch even if we's talkin'. That motherfucker makes a twitch I don't like an' he's gettin' one in the damn throat.

"Don't matter who ya are, I don't give a damn. Don't care about what ya want from me neither cuz I'm real bad at followin' instructions. You take from me an' I'm gonna take from you right back but I'm a damn greedy motherfucker, understand? Got a few things pickin' at my brain here, one fer now an' one fer back on the wagon. S'posin' I should ask ya why ya chose my side like ya did now but that ain't what I been lookin' fer. What I wanna know is..."

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] One_mo11

"...how many people was there 'fore you got on?"

Now that's the shit that makes my stomach turn right there. I can't stand these cult lovin' baby killin' assholes. He's takin' my guardian spirit over my ugly corpse, gonna have to fight me first an' I'm a sore fuggen loser I tell ya that. My fist clenches 'round my dagger there as I keep talkin'. I ain't one to raise my voice, ain't one to lose my cool, but this motherfucker's been askin' for a stabbin' since he came my way. An' ya don't cross a gob if ya can't finish the job.
"...how many people ya turn to goo? How many lives ya think ya cut short fer what? Bring some god up from the Outer Realm? Raise an army a monsters, make yerself immortal, yer momma an' poppa never love ya what fuggen what, huh?! Ya think cuz yer enlightened an' so damn smart ya can just do whatever the fuck you wanna do, is that fuggen right?! Cuz no one on the Prime can fuggen stop ya! ...well I'm tellin' ya here it ain't that simple. I don't care who ya are, what ya can do, it don't mean shit to me son. You ain't the scariest motherfucker I ever put in a pinewood box. What I wanna know is how many names I gotta carve into yer spine." My ring starts glowin' an' flashin' in spurts a blue fire. The shape of a man gets cast in the shadows it makes, spinnin' a knife 'tween'is knuckles like he's lookin' to use it.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Death_10

"...as long as I'm still breathin' the piper's gonna get his due. Gonna make ya wish ya killed me when ya got the chance, boy."
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 am

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Travel10
"Double huh? Yer bleeding me dry here Lil... But I suppose that's only fair."

The Traveler laughed wryly as Liliana began to take her leave. At this point it didn't surprise him that she was fed up with the situation. He had hijacked her conversation and gotten in the middle of her work, something that he had learned in the past was not a good idea regardless of the circumstances...However, some resources were to valuable to let go so easily. "Here I had hoped I could defuse the situation... yet it seems I've only made it worse. Liliana... Do take care, I'm sure I'll be stopping by very soon to work out a payment for the damage I have done to your equipment. Though if you wish to speak with our dear Goblin further, my business here is almost finished... perhaps you two can give it another go? After all, we're all friends here right?"

The Traveler's response, however, would be the same whether or not Liliana took her leave, he would curtly nod and turn his attention to Grubby who... Had asked quite the interesting question.

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Ff161c78eecfccd7ad34b45ac9473e0316624946_00
"I see, that is your perception... If you are asking me how many lives I've ended, how many existances I've cut short... Simply look the night sky, each star a million souls damned by my hand. None of which for as petty a goal as immortality or power."

"You see, these souls, these innocents, are nothing more then poker chips I have lost in a game with a man who has stacked the deck in his favor. I am simply attempting to win them back." The Traveler adjusted his mask and held a gloved hand out to grubby... in it a single black sphere, glistening in the artificial lights of the city. "And this... the power of Ego, the power of Persona... you Seekers, are my last chip."

The Traveler chuckled and returned the orb to his jacket..."Though if you're looking for a more literal answer and not for a wiry old traveler to wax philosophic. The answer is none. I did not turn anyone into "goo". That train was empty simply because we were the only two on it. Though.. heh, I did have something to do with the Builder that attacked the train. Or... Well... It was chasing me before I got on and I simply allowed it to chose a new friend to play with. I wanted to ensure you awoke and it was a convenient catalyst."

The Traveler smiled under his mask as Grubby's Persona began to materialize. Should Lilliana still be present he would look to her and nod approvingly."There, does that satisfy your suspicion of me? Or will I get a first hand look at the power you have been given?"

Last edited by CWIS on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]   A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Need to Slumber? [Grubby NPC Topic]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next