Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Dark Tunnels [Elpis]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Dark Tunnels [Elpis] Empty
PostSubject: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Onyx Rhine

For the typical person perhaps an odd choice of a day trip, but for Onyx, wandering around the dim caves of the mountain bio dome was actually quite relaxing. After all, his home world had been a dark place, and he certainly kept his preference for less lit areas, even though he had adapted to handle all the brightness of day just fine. Besides, doing some exploration was probably a good idea after what has happened not so long ago, as there might still be clues strewn around, which could help in figuring out why it all happened. Those powers and creatures surely didn't come from nowhere, did they now?

That said, the pale horned man could currently be found crouched down by the wall of one of the larger cave rooms, seemingly focused on an interesting culmination of stalagmites on the other end of said room, as if he was examining it, despite oddly choosing not to come towards it. Well, another strangeness to add onto the list perhaps. Nevertheless, the man would hum to himself faintly as he continued with his unusual activity. ''Hmm....''
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Elpis had gotten lost in the mountain biomes.
He had wanted to visit Shinji, who was currently up there meeting with someone, but had gotten lost along the way.

Normally, finding his way there would be a simple task.
Unfortunately, a lack of any signal was plaguing him, meaning his GPS wasn't exactly working.
He only had the light of his helmet to guide him.
"Excuse me. Could anyone direct me to the other end of this mountain passageway?" he called out.
Sure, he could find it given enough time.
Unfortunately, he couldn't take that fun route because he had an appointment to make.
Boo.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Onyx Rhine

Welp, perhaps his day wasn't going to be as peaceful as it originally seemed. Albeit, it wasn't as if he was necessarily expecting it to be at all costs due to the possibility of something still lurking about being a thing, but a random person's voice out of nowhere was not quite fitting the criteria he had in mind for a situation of that type. Nevertheless, now that he was disturbed from his concentration, Onyx would straighten up as his black and white eyes glanced about, trying to figure out where was this new sound coming from. ''Being loud down here might not be the best idea. It causes a lot of echo.'' Especially when you didn't seem to even have any idea if anyone was around, which he would assume from the way the question had been phrased. It's not like this place was really the most common hang out spot for people after all. That aside, he couldn't do much unless he could actually pinpoint this person anyway.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

The bright, purple, pulsating light of Gangway would be shining by now, like a beacon in the dark.
Albiet, a purple beacon.
Well, at least he knew he wasn't alone now.
"Oh good. Someone else is here. Even though it should be obvious, I am lost. I would not like to perish down in another dark place again." he said in a matter-of-fact tone that had not a single trace of a lie in it.
Yes, he had died in similar situations. Or rather, his hosts have. Over the years, he's lost over a hundred hosts this way.

He was not eager to repeat the process.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 pm

Onyx Rhine

Sticking his hands into the pockets of his black trench coat, Onyx would narrow his eyes up at the ceiling in thought. Personally, he'd think it a bad idea to come here if one didn't know how to get out, though was this place even that complicated? When there's a way in, there's always a way out, even if you had to just trace your own steps back to find it. ''Unless you have an extremely horrible sense of direction, you probably wouldn't die before you made it out. Why come in if you don't know your way though?''
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Well, he didn't have a horrible sense of direction (at the moment).
It was just that... well, it wasn't necessarily getting lost that killed you.
There were plenty of other ways to die too.
"You'd be surprised. I've died in caves before, being lost is a factor in most of them. As for why I came through here, I tried taking a shortcut to visit a friend of a friend." he said.

The last time he 'died' in a cave was about 500 years ago, where on the planet Hydrus XI, he had been caught in a cave in.
It was a whole century before someone he could possess dug it up and died accidentally.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Onyx Rhine

‘’Sounds like you should avoid stepping foot into ones where nobody else ever visits.’’ Even if you were lost to the point where you somehow couldn’t find a way out, as long as it was a cave which people came to for whatever reason, then you would likely be found soon enough. ‘’You make it sound like dying doesn’t faze you though. If you can keep on living anyway, then perhaps it shouldn’t be of so much issue to you.’’ Whether the guy was implying he was immortal or it was a play on words in some way, the way it was put would suggest that death wasn’t that big of a deal at the end of the day.

At any rate, Onyx would rub one of his horns in thought at the situation. ‘’So, where are you anyway? Even if I choose to help you, I can’t do much just by hearing your voice.’’ Unless the other was invisible or something. Caves kind of tended to echo sound all around, so pinpointing someone’s location unless they were really close to you wasn’t always an easy task.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Heh. That would be common sense.
Of course, him visiting those kinds of places were the fault of his hosts, some of which had hidden fortunes that Elpis had tapped into over the years in order to accomplish various things. Really, money overtime had become a secondary concern for him, unless it was to satiate a curiosity of his.
Then it become important.
"Well, this isn't one of them. I can't go insane, I think, so you are here. You are another person, ergo, this is not a place nobody else ever visits." he said.

The other person, though, had a point. It shouldn't be an issue to him.
That didn't necessarily mean it wasn't, though.
"Well, it is annoying, yes. Dying might not faze me, but it's still rather unpleasant. I am in no hurry to repeat the experience." he said.

"Where are you? Look for me, you should be able to. There should be a bright, purple light in here. Find that, and you find me. I can't give you more precise coordinates because due to present circumstances, that would be impossible." he said, staying still so as to make it easier to be located.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Onyx Rhine

“True. However, that is just pure luck on your part. I did not have to be here right now, and then you would have been alone.” Assuming there was nobody else in the vicinity, but if there was it would likely be noticeable at this point. With all the noises they were making by speaking, there was no way they wouldn’t be heard by other people. “Perhaps you need to exercise more caution then. It shouldn’t be too hard to stay alive, unless you happen to have an unfortunate accident that couldn’t have been prevented in any way.” Usually, at the very least. Either way, not overestimating your abilities too much was a good way to start.

Onyx would sigh to himself, not necessarily delighted about having to search for lights. He came here precisely for reasons involving the fact that it was naturally darker in here. “I can walk, but not knowing which way does not help me a whole lot. Is there nothing unique of interest located around you?” Anything would be helpful, even if it was just an oversized rock. In case it was something he had passed by before, he would know where to head much faster than when he was trying to search completely blind.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm

"Very true."
Exercising caution was something he'd have to get better with.
His visitor's next statement made him sweep the immediate area with his eyes.
He found something like a mark, mainly a group of stalactites above him, a clustered bundle of three.
"Yes. There's three stalactites clusters above where I am. Also, please standby for the sound of my whistle. That should allow you to pick up on me." He said before using it.
When he blew it, a low-pitched, erratic tone blew out very loudly, sounding like a funeral dirge played in the higher octaves.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Onyx Rhine

Hmmm. Stalactites. Well, there were a few places that had some of those, but he could work with that. Although, he wasn’t sure just how elated he was about more noise coming in. Rubbing an ear with one of his fingers as he walked, Onyx would huff to himself before addressing the guy. “I’m not sure whether busting one’s eardrums is all that helpful. If voices echo inside caves, then a whistle will as well.” If all he ever needed was just a bit of sound, then the other’s voice would have done the job long ago. Well, sounds did help as he could try to gauge by their intensity as he moved and whether it went up or down, but any kind of sound sufficed for that in the end. “I think I know where to go though, so just wait a moment.” He had a good idea at the very least. Assuming they were decently close to each other, he was probably right.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm

"That's true. But cave explorers still carry ones anyways, because it helps to locate someone, or signal for help." he said.
He had done something similar in the past, but that was many lifetimes ago.
As for what the figure said, well, Shinji probably would have said 'told you so' or something to that effect.
"Excellent." he said. Waiting would be opportune, of course. Moving now would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Onyx Rhine

“I can understand the idea of loud sound reaching further and thus being better as a signal, though whether it helps as a locations method, I’m not certain. If someone has trained ears for it, perhaps.” It highly depended on the layout of the cave, and the distance one needed to cover to reach a given sound. Even a well-executed whistle could be hard to locate under certain circumstances.

Luckily enough for the guy, he had managed to find his way around the place, eventually reaching the other. “Well, hello there.”, the pale man would state as a sort of a greeting as he examined the guy before him.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 5:09 pm

"Interesting. This question's answer is probably going to be yes, but to confirm, have you lived in a similar environment before?" he asked the being.
Eventually, they met.
He examined the man, turning his head to the sound of the voice.
He immediately began sizing the fellow up.
Pale skin, sort of tall, kinda humanoid.
"Hello. Call me Elpis. What's your name?" he asked. From this distance, Elpis would appear human enough, which would probably mess with the boy's perception of him.
Of course, there were plenty of humanoid aliens.
But Elpis knew he was a... fairly unique case, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Onyx Rhine

“You mean caves? Not particularly. I’ve lived in dark places before, but this is more of a visiting hobby than anything else.” Yes, he did enjoy the dim areas, but he wouldn’t think caves to be suitable as a living space for himself. He was no little bat that could do with just having a rock to hang off of to sleep. It wasn’t of benefit to attempt to make a home in such an environment unless one was adapted to it already.

The other did indeed appear human enough, but in Junction, one could hardly assume one’s race just by looks. There were certainly a lot of types of humans there, but a human appearance alone did not guarantee that said person was one of them. In the end though? Unless the conversation turned to it, or there was some reason for him to want to know somebody’s origins, he generally did not bother to spend time pondering the matter for long. You are what you are. That’s all there is to it. Onyx would narrow his black and white colored eyes at the man. “Onyx Rhine. It’s a pleasure.”
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tunnels [Elpis]   Dark Tunnels [Elpis] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Tunnels [Elpis]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next