Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost

Lost

Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) Empty
PostSubject: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) NwBJaho

Devet Purpura and Kumare
”Let’s do our best, Kumare!”
“Mow meow!”

The Biography

Birth Name: Devent Purpura, Kumare
Aliases: Purr, Purrfect Duet, Purring Idol D Purr and Mr. Kumare
Birth Day: October 29th
Arcana: Star
Place of Residence: Vista Square, apartment suite
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: N/A
Class:

Sorority: N/A

Part/Full Time Job: Solo Guitarist, aspiring rock idol

Appearance:
Devet is a small girl, standing at 5’ 5’’ and weighing 115 lbs. She has pale skin that contrasts the dark green color of her eyes and the midnight black shade her hair possesses. She is known to wear oriental clothing and often wears ribbons to adorn her hair. She enjoys bells and will often try and incorporate them into her fashion choices. She is known to wear oriental makeup as well, doing her best to give herself the ghost like appearance her fans have come to recognize her for.
Kumare is a white, long haired cat with green eyes. He has a lean build standing at 5’’ and weighing 4 lbs. He is always seen with Devet no matter what and has obtained the stage name ‘Mr. Kumare’ as he’ll always appear with Devet when she performs. He’ll often be found hanging onto Devet’s shoulders or resting on her head.

Alternate Appearance:
Devet's Alternate Form:

Kumare's Alternate Form:

Devet wears a blue, cat-like mask that alters her appearance. She will be seen wearing a strange and exotic outfit along with gaining animal like ears and a tail. They seem to function as an extension of her body but they are purely cosmetic. She also wears elevated shoes, raising her height to 5’ 9’’ while in her alternate form.
Kumare also wears a mask when going into battle, a white bandana that covers his face acting as his mask. While transformed, his fur coat becomes gray and white as well as becoming much shorter. He’ll also have a ring in his left ear as well as carrying with him a purple satchel. Aside from this, nothing else changes about him.

Personality:
Devet is a kind person, simply coming across as enjoyable and nice despite her obvious lack of talking skills. She is a withdrawn person by nature, often finding it hard to communicate with others despite her enthusiasm on stage. She’s a naturally empathetic person, putting her feet in the shoes of others to better understand their situation. Because of this, she’s very forgiving and finds herself caring about people that may see her as little more than an acquaintance.
Despite her withdrawn nature, she’s a very confident person. She believes in herself and the successes she has gained. She finds pride that she has gained the following of fans she has and aspires for greater heights every day. She wishes to eventually hit the number one spot in Endymion’s music circle and eagerly chases after this dream.
Aside from this, Devet can be considered an innately lucky person. Her and Kumare have undergone a lot in their life and have always come out stronger because of that. Devet believes it’s because of the bond she shared with her life companion, Kumare, and the two consider it a blessing all the same.
Kumare can be considered altruistic for Devet, often going out of his way to keep her safe. He loves her deeply and believes she is the only reason they’re still alive. Because of this, he’s a devoted life companion and ally to Devet.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: United As One
Description: “Well… Kumare and I have been together for as long as I can remember.”
Devet and Kumare were born side by side under estranged circumstances. Because of this, they share a strange bond that has made them inseparable since birth. Because of this, Kumare shares a unique connection to Devet’s soul and shares the ability to change into an alternate form as well as sharing HP. Despite Kumare’s inability to fight and essentially acting as an accessory Devet has in battle, he will share the HP stat, so in PvP if one targets Kumare they will still be dealing damage to Devet. In PvS, this changes nothing.

Strength Name: Kumare’s Handiness
Description: “He’s quite handy for being a cat. My, sometimes I half expect him to schedule my shows!”
Kumare is capable of using an item in battle, thus allowing Devet to still perform an action. However, Kumare must rest three turns before being able to do this again. Another note, Kumare has a separate inventory from Devet and can only store three different items at a time within his satchel (Ie, a Medicine, Snuff Soul, and Agi Gem. Nothing more). He only has access to using these three items and switching any items out will take a turn to do so. If Devet wishes to use an item that Kumare doesn’t have in his inventory, then it will take up her whole turn. Also, Devet does not have access to Kumare’s inventory, so she can’t use an item he currently has.

Strength Name: Musical Talent
Description: “I’ve always loved music… It’s just something that I could never hide my passion for.”
Devet is a talented guitarist and is currently aspiring to become a rock idol within Endymion. She has gained access to a small but devoted fanbase and her unique style and music composition have made her a successful musician in the meantime. She still eagerly hopes to one day reach the top of the charts.

Strength Name: Understanding Nature
Description: “I don’t really understand it… But I suppose I understand how things work better than most? Kind of an ironic statement, huh?”
Devet is an understanding person and seems to get things more than most. She thinks it may be because Kumare’s cat like senses rub off on her at times or because of her work on her guitar and music. Regardless, Devet gains double Understanding points as a cause.

Strength Name: Nimble
Description: “I’ve always enjoyed keeping myself healthy. And it is vitally important that you exercise as well.”
Devet is a very nimble and athletic person despite her ghostly appearance. She has trained her body to be very good at being quick footed and capable of traversing rough terrain quickly. Essentially, she’s a very fast fighter in battle thus increasing her Luck stat by 5%.

-----

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: United We Fall
Description: “Being separated from Kumare? Oh, perish the thought. I simply love him too much.”
Devet and Kumare share a strange connection with their soul, an inseparable pact they made at a young age. However, due to this they are inseparable past a three feet distance from each other. Should they be separated, Devet and Kumare will become comatose until reunited.

Weakness Name: Kumare’s Mistakes
Description: “Kumare means well… But sometimes he messes up. I suppose we all do at times.”
While in battle, Kumare has a chance at messing up an attack Devet is performing. This essentially means Devet has an extra 10% chance at missing a Dex attack no matter the circumstances. Kumare and Devet also have a 15% chance at having an extended turn being inflicted by a mental ailment.

Weakness Name: Inexperienced
Description: “There are many pursuits one can follow, and most take up multiple different pursuits! I on the other hand have seemed to devote myself solely to music, for better or for worst.”
Kurame has devoted her life to her musical pursuit almost religiously, thus leaving her almost an expert at being completely bad at other talents. While her inexperience with talents vary, she’s completely reliant on her musical skills to impress anyone. All other SQs aside from Understanding are half as affective on NPCs as they would normally be with other PCs. For example, she may have Rank 5 Courage, but it would act as if she had Rank 3 Courage when interacting with NPCs in any way, shape, or form.

Weakness Name: Bad Charisma
Description: “Ah… It’s not that I dislike working with others. Oh no, I find working with others a splendid idea! It’s just… I’m not too good at expressing myself without music, I suppose.”
Devet isn’t the best social person and often fails to come across the way she wishes too. Because of this, she has a harder time learning the ins and out of expression that normal. She gains half the Expression points gained.

Weakness Name: Poor Strength
Description: “Nimble, yes. Strong? No. I like a slim frame over a bulky one.”
While Devet has trained to be faster than normal, she has failed to really get physically stronger in any way. This translates to a 5% decrease in her Dex stat.

-----

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: Agúrka
Weapon Description: A large, purple, oriental umbrella with a white flower design crossing over it. The umbrella stands a total of 6’ 5’’ and the width of the umbrella once it is unfolded is 5’ 5’’.
Weapon Image:

Image:
Weapon Attack Type: Strike
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Lolik
Side-Arm Description: An oriental armsel striker with a phoenix design on it. It’s a 12-guage shotgun 20’’ length and a 7.5’’ barrel length.
Side-Arm Image:

Image:
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Machine Gun - Muti-Round - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo.

The Background

History:
"My life's story? I suppose it's nothing too extraordinary... Really, I find it quite plain in comparison to others."

Devet and Kumare’s life began rather abruptly. An unexpected birth that led Devet’s prostituting mother to give birth to the child in an alleyway. She was, sadly, left for dead there. A child crying and suffocating on the film still covering her body. There was little hope she’d survive until a kitten found its way to her. Also newly born and abandoned, Kumare had crawled to the only thing warm he could sense. Their tale would have ended there if not for the strange merging of their souls that brought forth a sudden burst of life that forced the two to cry out one last time for help.
Their cries didn’t fall on death ears this time, a man finding the two and quickly taking them to a hospital. Despite their horrendous birth circumstances, the two made a full recovery and grew up normally despite the fact Kumare seemed to age slower than he should and Devet refused to be separated from him no matter what.
Aside from this, the two lived a normal life. Devet went to school, became an aspiring musician, and dropped out early to follow her dreams. Kumare was a loyal companion that never left her side. And it would have been a happy life of fun and fortune for the two if not for the Eternal Divide. The event was sudden and the insanity to follow suit caused the duo to go into hiding with Devet’s adopted father until normality could be established.
Once Endymion was finally established, Devet would return to school before graduating and returning to furthering her musical career. She would eventually learn of the terrorist’s sudden activism and their dislike towards the government. She didn’t understand why people would be so against the peace that Endymion had… But she wouldn’t consider their actions wrong until proven wrong.

Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:19 pm

The application looks great and I see nothing in need of changing. Are you sure you want the effects of the Inexperienced weakness though? There are ways around it theoretically, but it's still very severe considering that the main application of social qualities outside of dungeons is dealing with NPCs, and it seems unnecessary considering all your mechanical strengths have already been balanced out with a corresponding weakness. It's up to you ultimately though.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Eh, I'd rather Role Play it out rather than have her go up to someone who requires courage knowing she isn't very courageous to begin with. If it's unnecessarily crippling, I don't overly care.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:31 pm

That's fair. Approved then.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 1:05 am

Quote :
—Strength Name: Kumare’s Handiness
—Description: “He’s quite handy for being a cat. My, sometimes I half expect him to schedule my shows!”
Kumare is capable of using an item in battle, thus allowing Devet to still perform an action. However, Kumare must rest three turns before being able to do this again. Another note, Kumare has a separate inventory from Devet and can only store three different items at a time within his satchel (Ie, a Medicine, Snuff Soul, and Agi Gem. Nothing more). He only has access to using these three items and switching any items out will take a turn to do so. If Devet wishes to use an item that Kumare doesn’t have in his inventory, then it will take up her whole turn. Also, Devet does not have access to Kumare’s inventory, so she can’t use an item he currently has.

Sorry, this can't be a strength. Needs to be a soul skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)   Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Devet Purpura and Kumare (PU Endy)
Page 1 of 1