Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Commencnce maintenance (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darkra00

Darkra00

Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I kneel down before Tiny Tin and smile, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find them. Junction is a big place, I'm sure they're out there doing good for this place..." I say before lightly smacking the robot on the head with my open palm. "That was also a horrible riddle, I mean come on! An egg!?" I grumble as I walk up the stairs into one of the buildings.

"Don't bother cleaning the downstairs or upstairs outside of my room, it helps conceal that I live here"
I say as I stop in front of the entrance to my home, more like a room really. "So, there's a lot of spare parts hanging around and strewn all over but you don't really need to concern yourself with those. The big thing is that my window's hinge is broken, there are a couple of holes in the wall, I'm pretty sure that my electric stove top is giving out, and I literally don't have a door. It's a pretty big task but if you can fix even one of these issues I'd be grateful" I explain as I went around the room showing where the problems were.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Tiny Tin followed the man and as he mentioned he would find his sibling units Tiny Tin only nodded, it was only a matter of time after all, and no doubt they where helping the people of ARK like had been doing all this time. Though the man seemed to not like the riddle as she smacked him on the head lightly as reprimand "the shell would be the thing that has hinges, key or lid...while the golden treasure is the yolk inside" he explained to the man as he continued to follow him.

The man mentioned to not clean the place, and Tiny Tin nodded, though he found the camouflage somewhat flawed, as scavengers would no doubt come by on seeing the pile of refuse and find his place that way, though he left this thought unsaid as the man seemed to believe it worked, and his peace of mind wasn't something Tiny Tin was going to shatter. Though as the man pointed out the things that needed fixing Tiny Tin was already moved to the stove, it was the more important of the things listed, and he produced some tools from his fingers and started to work on it "Tasks scheduled, estimated time to completion...10.5 minutes for the stove....2.5 minutes for the window....4.2 minutes for the door provided parts are easily procurable, all times are estimations based on known factors, unknown factors may increase or decrease work time" he said to the man as he began his work.

tool jams on a 4 after use
Random number (1,10) :
Back to top Go down
Darkra00

Darkra00

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:26 pm

"Whoa, that's amazing!" I say as I crouch down, watching Tin Tin fix the stove. Although the task of repairing it looked simple there were a lot of factors in play. It needed to know how the stove operated, the layout of the inside, and evaluate where the faults are and how to repair it. Out of all the things that I asked for this was by far the most complicated. However, I did already evaluate that it had a complex understanding of abstract concepts and the ability to evaluate problems with a high level of reasoning. "So what happens if your body needs repairs?" I ask, eventually things break down and it would be hard to find someone who knew how to fix Tiny Tin in a place like this. The more I thought about it the more it became apparent that there may not be a lot of Tiny Tin's kind in the slums at least. If fleets of this unit were built then nothing would ever be broken and there would be an unprecedented level of cleanliness in the lower floors. With this place being what it is today, I could only guess there were a few of its kind left unless they were spread out in other parts of Junction.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Tiny Tin continued his scan of the stove and started to work on the parts that he identified as having issues, his hands, while large and clunky looking had a great deal of dexterity and skill as he moved only as much as needed to preform the work required, splicing wires, retrieving spare parts from his hold and using them for the stove, even reshaping some parts he had to make the required parts for the stove and to patch up the damaged bodywork, working as a fabricator, a metal workshop, and a repair man all at the same time as he did his work, moving from one flaw to the next, even ones that were not a problem yet he identified and fixed before they could become problems.

"When this unit is damaged, self repair is required, though this unit has some ability to repair itself, some areas are inaccessible, we once had a maintenance companion, however she succumbed to old age and is no longer with us, since then This unit has repaired itself to the best of it's abilities, though it has found that it's inner workings are to complex for most anyone in the city to maintain anymore, ether due to the age of the unit, or the loss of the blueprints" he said as he finished the stove with time to spare.

He then moved to the window doing that job in a few moments, as the hinge was simply in need of replacement. The door was next and Tiny Tin started to fabricate a new door out of the scraps he had, welding them together slowly.

The stove now fully functional, actually looked good as new, Tiny Tin having even polished it and his welding and all his work left no signs that work had been done, the Item looked like it had just been built. and as he continued his slow work on making the new door, his welding work was so well done that even though he was welding smaller pieces together, it was slwoly coming out to look like a single piece of metal, though it wasn't done yet.
Back to top Go down
Darkra00

Darkra00

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 5:07 pm

As I looked at the immaculate repairs that the machine had done to the stove and window I was blown away. Not only were they fixed it was almost as if they were good as new! The thought then crossed my mind, what happened if I brought this machine to 'Mementos' with me? He'd probably put me out of business. However, it didn't seem like Tiny Tin seeks to gain anything from the work that it does, maybe it's just programmed to do it.

My jaw dropped as I watched it fabricate a door, the sheer amount of work this tiny machine could do was extraordinary. This furthered my theory about the whereabout of its sibling units. There's no way so many of these machines at work could go unnoticed. What could be said though, was that these new repairs stood in stark contrast to the state of the rest of my dwelling. "So what are your prime directives? Do you just do repairs and assist the residents the best you can?" If that was the case, there is no way they would design something like this for the slums. Why try and overhaul this place now? Even if things get fixed the culture and financial state of most of the people here meant that things would inevitably return to the way it is. It seemed like a strange place to start if they were trying to change the slums.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 6:03 pm

As he continued to fabricate the door the man asked him for his directives, as they were not classified information he seen no reason to refuse to answer and so as he worked he did so "This units Directives are the maintenance of the city and it's sibling units, as well as the defense and protection of the populous, Assistance and care of the citizens is highest priority, even over the survival and condition of this unit and it's sibling units. We have been given this Directive from the time of our creation, we will fulfill it till the time we are obsolete" he answered still working as he replied.

He assumed the man simply wanted to know to test his directives and make sure they were working, a few others had done that before, including the mechanic that had helped in so many years ago, so he assumed it was for their own peace of mind, which was more then likely the reason they were not secured information.
Back to top Go down
Darkra00

Darkra00

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Hmm, I guess if this unit could also defend the populace it could help make the slums a better place. However, that required some further inquiries. "You said defense and protection of the populous. What would you do if you saw a robbery or two men getting into an altercation?" I asked with my arms crossed as I watched Tiny Tin work. If this robot was going to continue to dwell in the slums I needed to know how it dealt with situations like these which were almost everyday occurrences. Being able to identify and detain an offender was one thing but if it couldn't communicate or bring them to the authorities than it wouldn't have helped in the end.

Although it looked a bit tacky, I still couldn't see how Junction would willingly give this machine over to the slums. It just didn't make any sense that someone here created it but then let it loose to go anywhere it wanted, especially with directives like that. Moreover, it said that the mechanic that repaired it and the blueprints that led to its creation had been lost. Could it have been some rogue engineer that arrived in the slums and was tired of the injustice here? No, anybody that arrives here is given a residence in the Core, especially someone with skills to create something like this. Why would you also fabricate a machine like this but then stop making them and loose the schematics for it? Plus with the abilities that it demonstrates there's no way it could be made in the slums. Nothing about Tiny Tin's story made complete sense. I scratched my chin as I mulled over these facts, having no choice but to prod further I asked, "So Tiny... who created you and where did it happen?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 9:57 pm

As the little robot continued it's work it was asked yet another question, and he sat there fabricating the door out of the little pieces it had collected as the man finished proposing his question "In the event of a robbery or altercation happening, This Unit is programmed to assess the situation and neutralize the threat with adequate force, to date this unit has resolved over five hundred and fifty nine altercations peacefully, with only thirty two requiring the use of force, no fatalities have been sustained, and all law breakers and evidence have been handed over to the city authorities" once again he only assumed the man was asking for peace of mind and of course he answered the question as it wasn't classified information.

However then the man was quite for a while and Tiny Tin continued to fabricate the door, making the hinge sections, once done he leaned the door against the wall, fully fabricated and looking as one solid piece, he then started on the door frame, having to correct issues with it, and to repair the damage it had on it to make it a more secure point, though as he worked the man asked another question, "My apologize this Unit cannot Divulge the location of the workshop, however the identity of the man that built this unit is.....information locked...We apologize once more, it seems new security information was updated, and the information requested has been deemed unavailable for the time being" the fact was this was one of the parts of information that Tiny Tin couldn't remember since his reactivation, the location he knew, but he was missing information on who had built him, the fact the data was missing meant it wasn't labeled as confidential, but the fact that it had the notice on it meant he knew it once was, of course this was only known by him since really no one could look into his programming.
Back to top Go down
Darkra00

Darkra00

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 11:43 pm

I was genuinely surprised the amount of action the little robo had seen. It seems that it's developed a more intimate relationship with the Slums than I first thought. In hindsight, it did seem that the residents around the area it patrolled recognized it. I guess Tiny Tin was making a difference for the people it could directly help. However, it still seemed there was a deeper mystery here and I for one wanted to get to the bottom of it but that would have to wait for another day. I began to scribble down all the details of my interaction with Tiny Tin.

"Thanks again for helping me with all these problems. Sadly this place kind of falls into disarray one way or another so I might drag you back here when that happens," I say as I lean against the wall. "Oh also if you ever need some repairs too I could always take a look. If you ever want to take me up on that offer you can find me at my shop at the megamall. It's called 'Mementos.'"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 4:19 pm

The little robot finished the work required and looked to the man as she thanked him, telling him he may drag him back again if things break, to which the little robot nodded, he was used to revisiting sites to make maintenance runs, after all things do eventually break down, but at least the main issues were handled and the man would be able to eat and sleep better with the appropriate things being fixed, so in the end the job was well done.

Though he did mention a shop called Mementos in the next section, and he nodded though he doubted the man could repair him, most who thought they had a handle on machines tended to not be able to make sense of his inner working, though body work would be helpful later on "Very Well this unit will consider that, but for now We must return to our rounds and other repair work" he walked out the door "stay safe citizen" he said as he waved goodbye and headed on out to continue his rounds.
Back to top Go down
Darkra00

Darkra00

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 pm

I waved back as Tiny Tin chugged away, back to helping the other residents of the slums. I pulled out my notebook and began to finish up. I tap my pen against the paper as I struggled to think of a way to end the entry. A thought popped into my mind as I concluded, Tiny Tin: a very interesting person. With that done I placed the notebook in its regular place and resumed my day, the jump was coming and I still had much to do to prepare...
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 am

A Patchwork meeting.

The Gears of Fate are ever turning

Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 161yqzp      Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 Persona_3_4_tarot_card_deck_hr___aeon_arcana_by_enetirnel-d6xr63e

Tiny Tin of the Temperance and Nagami of the Aeon have forged a bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commencnce maintenance (open)   Commencnce maintenance (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Commencnce maintenance (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2