Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Slumbering Dreams [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Slumbering Dreams [Closed]   Slumbering Dreams [Closed] EmptyMon May 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] 2zgu2s3
--------------
Slumbering Dreams
--------------

The blood. The carnage. Maria was very familiar with it. They came for her each night and each time she closed her eyelids. It was a nightmare that she could never get used to. A monster that clung to her in each slumbering hour and each waking minute. That reeking odor of iron was unforgettable as they same could be said with the scarlet screen she saw leaking all over the walls and the floor. It drove her forward, as if she wanted to flee from it, yet she paradoxically drew sustenance from it.

When Maria opened her eyes, it was a space of black. There was no real darkness here as she could see her hands quite visibly. It was an empty block of space. Something was wrong. The Cadet thought it was just going to be a nightmare as usual, but this was absolutely new. One may believe this to be a reprieve, but it didn't feel like it. Nothing seemed to exist. She was all alone, but she knew better.

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] FuH4cW0

"It's been a while, Maria."

Maria turned her around towards the direction of the voice. To her credit, her suspicions were rather on point this time around. There stood was another woman and she knew who it was. This person had the appearance of something otherworldly despite her human-like appearance. Her attire didn't seem to fit in with the times. A relaxed composure seemed to define her more than her clothes, but the Cadet felt there was so much more than that. After all, that smile was unnerving her the most.

"What do you want?" Her question was terse. She was feeling rather vulnerable in this realm, wherever the hell she was. If the eggheads from the research division from the Church were to be trusted, this may actually be within herself. But it didn't make her feel any better. This was a realm where that feeling of vulnerability was deep, as if something in here waited for an opportunity to bare itself to her. And she wasn't interested in seeing what it had to display.

"My, is this how you greet your friends?
I even went so far to take you out of that nightmare."

"I never knew demons were capable of such delusion. Are you that lonely?"

"Ha ha... That's par of the course when you're stuffed inside a chunk of metal, dear.
It gets lonesome when the only person you can converse with doesn't
even bother to say a single hello."

"Don't hold your breath for it."

"How mean."

"Don't waste my time, tell me what you want."

She heard of the stories and accounts from Jorge that demons liked to toy with humans. While there were some that preyed on them for the sake of destroying them, the most dangerous ones were the kind that bide their time for that moment of weakness. The kind that subtly dug into you to seek out for even the tiniest of cracks in the strong facade to later create a massive fissure before shattering. She remembered reading about the victims of possessions undergoing such an excruciating process. But because of their contract, Maria should be safe. Yet it didn't hurt to be cautious.

"Why didn't you kill that boy?" she finally asked as she nonchalantly toyed with a tress of her hair.

"I'm a Cadet. It's my job to capture Psyche-Terrorists."

"Until ordered to kill them. I know you really wanted to.
He should've died. Left for dead, gone. Why? It can't be because you're a Cadet.
Down to your very core, you're even more than just an Executor either."

"I follow orders.
That's all that's expected of me. And that's all I will ever do.
You're wasting my time on something meaningless like this?"

"Meaningless? Nay, it is a dire concern.
Your entry into the Church taught you to keep your desires in check.
You've learned to tether them under false righteousness and altruism.
Your hypocrisy disgusts... and delights me.
You should be more honest to yourself."

The soft smile grew increasingly insidious. Maria only glared at her. She was following what Jorge said about not falling for their traps. But, there was something... discomforting about what the demon said. It took all she had from lashing out at her. She just wanted to leave, but at the same time the Cadet wanted to rend her into pieces.

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] Q1ZgFGo

"You're wrong. My path is clear. There's no duplicity within me."

The demon snorted and stared at her derisively. There was no need for more words. In fact, Maria began to remember several things from this morning. The moment when she was about to pull the trigger on the unconscious boy. That time when she brought in the Psyche-Terrorist Takeru Kagemaru to Julius. She had her disagreements with her superior's choice. But most importantly, she remembered his words.

"Is that how you see justice? Death to all without second chances?"

It continued to ring like a resounding knell, judging her, cursing her, and mocking her. Something was bubbling inside her. Something that was all carnal, primal, and dangerous. In the next second the sound of an angry hornet passed through the space between demon and human. Andraste caught a blade that Maria flung at her face, a Black Key. The demon could feel her very skin of her palm begin to become necrotic as she grasped the holy blade. But she only crushed it in her grip before allowing it to dissipate away. The flesh that came in contact with the metallic anathema began to mend itself as an amused smirk spread across her delicate features.

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] FuH4cW0

"Fine, keep hiding. I have time. It'll be quite the sight to see when you finally fall."

----------------------------
Slumbering Dreams [Closed] Vp7qfc
----------------------------

She woke.

Her eyelids felt crusty, as if they were glued shut. She tiredly rubbed her eyes as if to sweep away the grainy dried rheum. Maria paused to see and to process that she was back in her room with her back on a wall instead of sitting up in bed. There was a syringe lying near her, completely used and empty. It was one of her daily doses, a single one tended to make her drowsy at times, especially when the adrenaline wasn't flowing.

Slumbering Dreams [Closed] M06QyMO

"..."

She knew better that she should completely disregard what the demon said. It's what the Church kept teaching her, to never trust the enemies of Man. But... why did she feel like she was telling the truth?
Back to top Go down

Slumbering Dreams [Closed]
Page 1 of 1