Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brittie

Brittie

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] Empty
PostSubject: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:17 pm

The water felt cold to the touch, or did she catch a fever? She didn't even know. First it was the thumb of one foot, analyzing the temperature before the rest of the body could dive into the pool. Well, she didn't and instead of venturing into the waters, Brittany sat by the pool's side, her legs dangling, moving back and forth. Generating small waves in such an easy manner seemed like a reasonable pastime; meanwhile her hands busied themselves getting the long, voluminous pink hair in order, forming a bun with her favorite hair clip, a small ornament with heart motifs. Or something similar, since it was as loose and unorganized as to let some hair strands fall over her eyes and shoulders. Swimming in a pool was as close to touch the sea she could ever be, and it still sounded like an equally scary experience. As fine as she was with running here and there in solid ground or twirling and dancing in the air during her performances, diving in the water was a whole new territory bringing an old feeling of anxiety, and not because of the uncomfortable potential of her tight swimsuit specially in private areas: she couldn't swim. At all.

[...]
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 2:31 am

It was that time of the day again. Even though he had no obligation to at this hour, Andrew liked to practice his swimming every morning so he could stay on top of his game. The way he saw it, he could either keep training to remain the top contender in his swimming team, or he could slack off and fall out of said position. And in his eyes, what was the point of becoming your team's top athlete if you're not going to keep that title? Plus, his dad kinda forced him to practice swimming everyday anyway, so... he was killing two birds with one stone, the way he saw it.

After quickly stepping out of his normal clothes and into his swimsuit in the locker room, Andrew happily ran through the pool's outer border, heading for the beginning of the track. He carried with him a waterproof digital chronometer. The pool itself was exactly 50 yards long, and Andrew's fastest record was 50.7 seconds in a 100-yard total (from start to end and back) freestyle swim, which he had accomplished a few months ago... but had had no luck beating. Andrew wasn't going to give up though; he just had to try harder.

He was all set to swim; now all he needed was somebody to time him. He would normally ask the coach or pool security people, but neither were around today, it seemed. He could time himself, but honestly that would just hinder his speed. Eventually, however, his eyes found a girl sitting at the edge of the pool, swinging her feet underneath the water. Remembering that he had to get used to the water's temperature before swimming properly, Andrew swam over to her instead of simply walking over.

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] Latest?cb=20140820185531
"'Scuse me, miss... could ya time me swimming, please?" He would ask politely, holding out the chronometer towards the girl.

Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 4:26 pm

How long she would be there? For a while. Enough to almost doze off - almost being the keyword here, 'cause it's hard to sleep in a sit position or "with the devils on your back", isn't that what the old song says? Hers were right there, lingering on thoughts she'd rather forget and yet couldn't. It felt good being alone for some time, and while she'd prefer to enjoy solitude in the gym, she knew she couldn't when her team was practicing there, consequences of being dismissed from today's rehearsals. The pool, however, had its lonely days in the morning. That is, save for the little shadow underneath the water swimming in her direction, which later revealed to be a rather young and adorable-looking boy she hasn't seen around anywhere else.

"Oh? Sure", she'd say a bit confused before accepting the chronometer regardless with a friendly nod. Not like she had busied herself with something other than turning oxygen into CO2. Now, how to operate it... "Uh, aren't you, like, a bit too young to attend here? Where's your momma? Or daddy?" Chances are the boy wasn't from the place, judging from his recognizable and unique accent. If the cheerleader were to go full deductive, he must be the so of an employee playing around in the pool while his parents were working and probably they couldn't leave him alone at home. Or they had no babysitter available, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Andrew simply tilted his head at the girl’s question. “Hm? Oh, me dad’s at home. Why d’y’ask?” He’d conveniently leave out his mother from his answer; he didn’t really like to talk about her a lot. Well, he didn’t really like to talk about his father either, but his mother was a completely different and much more sensitive subject. He would notice that the girl was a bit at a loss on how to use the chronometer. “Oh, y’just push the square black button on top when I start, ‘n ya push it again when I come back!” He would explain in a friendly tone. It was always a little bit hard to get the chronometer and his swimming start synchronized, but it wasn’t impossible or even hard enough to warrant frustration; it usually took two to three tries, no more than four.

Having gotten used to the water’s temperature at this point, Andrew was about ready to begin. He climbed out of the pool, did a few quick stretches and climbed onto the center podium at the start line, ready to start at a moment’s notice. “Let me know when y’er gonna push the button!” He would request  over from the start line.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:50 am

"Really? And you're alone here?", she'd ponder, shaking her head and dismissing any possible assumptions about the little guy. Innate curiosity aside, Brittany knew better than to pry into people's affairs, even if a guy alone at the pool sounded like an iffy scenario to her. "Oh, okay. Sounds easy. Totally! Uh, go get ready then!", she smiled back, still a bit distracted with the previous concern. Or concerns. Plural. While the kid prepared himself for his swimming strike, Brittany would still find herself at a loss, glancing at the chronometer in her hands like her answers lied in the blank screen and the digital numbers it would display.

"Alright, it's all set! At your command~", from afar the musical tone of Brittany signaled, along with the girl waving one arm to Andrew, it was the boy's cue to start anytime. Watching someone else swimming was not what she originally intended for, and yet it could be a good mood-lifting distraction...
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Excitedly, Andrew would lower his swimming goggles over his face and get into position. He waited for a few seconds, making sure the girl was paying attention so they could get a clean synchronization going. After roughly ten or so seconds, Andrew would holler the moment his feet left the start line. "Now!" Andrew leapt from the podium in angle paralel to the water before arching down at a 45 degree angle against the surface, making a splash before going underwater.

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] Pool

As Andrew swam forward, his hands would be clasped together directly in front of him, and his feet would be perfectly aligned against each other, moving up and down in a wave-like motion similar to a dolphin's flipper that propelled him forward better than any arm-based swimming techniques he had learned. Though of course Andrew wouldn't be able to measure exactly how fast he was swimming, if all was going well he should've been swimming at roughly two yards per second. His head would ocasionally peek out of the water for air, making sure that his body got all the oxygen it needed to swim so strenously. Once Andrew neared the edge of the pool, he flipped underwater and turned. A second later, when Andrew reached the edge of the pool, his legs would retract against the wall and he would kick away, giving him a very slight boost that would save him a second or two.

less than half a minute later, Andrew would raise his hand from the water as he reached the starting line again, letting the girl know to stop the timer. Surfacing one final time, Andrew breathed to his heart's content as he raised his swimming goggles. He looked up at the girl again. "Thanks! How'd I do?"
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 pm

At Andrew's sing, Brittany readied herself to press the square black button as she was supposed to. That is, until Andrew performed his leap into the pool, diving like he belonged to the water. As the blurry outlines fastened under the water surface's, Brittany's mesmerized hazel eyes followed behind. Young as he may be, the boy owned what he did, that's for sure, graciously and swiftly swimming like he was part of a sea fauna. Maybe a seal or even a dolphin, the kind of proficiency she lacked; on the other hand, Andrew lacked the fear of water that made Brittany stick to the spectator position by the pool's side.

It wouldn't take long for the redhead child to make his travel across the pool and finish his performance, and one he tuck his head out of the water, he'd fine a still mesmerized, albeit much more joyous Brittany clapping her heads enthusiastically. "Wow, that's so cool! You're, like, so great swimming, and you're also so young! Are you part of a swimming team or something? 'Cause you definitely should be! Totally!" She had payed attention in every bit of his explanation, she really did. However, her enthusiasm with Andrew's ability was such that she cast the chronometer aside and, should Andrew pick it, he'd find the screen as blank as when he gave it to the girl. She may have forgotten to time his turns on the pool but at least Andrew gained a new fan!
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 5:11 pm

At the sudden influx of praise, Andrew would blush slightly and lower his swimming cap over his face in an attempt to hide it. Soon after, however, he found it more bothersome than it was useful for hiding his face, so he put it back where it belonged. “T-Thanks! I’m in th’ school’s children swimmin’ team, if tha’ss what ye meant. M’instructor says I should be competin’ with the high school swimmers, but… I’m too scared. They all gotta be miles better than me, like.” Andrew would climb out from the pool and walk over to the chronometer and pick it up before seeing the display completely blank. Suddenly, the careless joy on his face was kicked out and replaced by sad disappointment

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] Tumblr_nan8fyTPdz1ql2sjoo3_250
“Aw, c’mon! I was goin’ really fast too!”
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:45 pm

When Andrew picked the chronometer from her hands, Brittany realized she had forgotten to actually time his swimming as requested, evincing her immediate apologetic-like grimace where there was a mesmerized smile moments before.

"Oh I'm soooo sorry! I kinda forgot to turn it on! Please, pleeeeeease don't be sad with me!" Clapping her hands together in a pray-ésque manner in hopes her sincere apology request would be enough to alleviate the blatant disappointment in the boy's face, the last thing Brittany wanted was to be the cause of someone's bad mood. She simply couldn't help being an airhead sometimes.

"You know what, you don't need a chronometer to know how good you are! And trust me, you're great. Like, totally. You even made me forgot to turn the chronometer on! Look at me, I'm what, twice as old as you? Not that I know your age, but you gotta be like, 7 or 8 right? Anyway, I'm twice as old and I can't swim. Like, at all! That's why I'm here, just... you know, waving my legs in the water. Oh, and turning oxygen into carbon dioxide!", she giggled to him, hoping her humorous antics and attempts at humor would bring back the joyous smile to his face. Even if he doesn't know what carbon dioxide is!
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:35 pm

“…nine, actually…” He was pretty sad that his time hadn’t been measured, especially since he was pretty sure he’d taken less time than his last attempt, but that didn’t mean he could just throw his manners aside. That being said though, he could tell that the girl was doing her best to not make him sad, and honestly… it was kinda starting to work. He giggled quietly; this girl’s laughter was contagious, if nothing else. “Hehe, thanks for th’nice words, I guess.” He took off his swimming cap and goggles and extended his hand towards the girl. “’M Andrew! What’s yer name?”
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Alright, so he was starting to smile again. Great! Proof that the light eccentricity of Brittany reached out to him in some manner. Though if she were to be totally honest, a handshake was not what she expected from a boy so young. Good manners were appreciated, but he was still a kid!

"Mine's Brittany. But you can call me Brit", regardless, she accepted the greeting offer, making sure to not hold his hand with the strength of an adult. "Andrew...cool name! Mind if I ask you something? Are you an immigrant? As in, you're not from around are you?" His accent was no liar. She could just tell the boy was a foreigner, though guessing the exact nationality was a harder task than she'd like to venture into. Besides, she was never that great in Geography, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:16 pm

“Immigrant?” Andrew couldn’t help but tilt his head again. He’d heard that word before, but he’d never really understood what it meant. “Oh! Yeh, I’m from Ireland!” He’d always taken pride in being able to say that he was from a different country, though it was never really made clear to him how Ireland had fared after the Great Divide or after his family fled into Endymion. He was undoubtedly proud of his nationality; however it was pretty frustrating and embarrassing when people accused him of being stereotypical due to his accent. He didn’t even fully know what that word meant either, but he understood the general gist; they were making fun of him for being “too” Irish. Brit didn’t seem to mind though, so he was definitely happy about that.

It was then that Andrew noticed what it was that he had felt peculiar about the girl: She was wearing a swimsuit and had even clipped up her hair, yet she wasn’t going into the pool. Even now she seemed to be content to just sit at the edge. “Um, Brit, right?” Andrew asked, making sure he didn’t get her name wrong. “How come yer’ not goin’ in the water? ‘S it too cold?”
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 pm

"AHA! I knew it!", Brittany rejoiced like she hit jackpot, even though the signs of Andrew's foreign nature were blatantly obvious. "Do you like it here? I've never been to another country before. How's it in Ireland?" Being the first time she was formerly introduced to someone who's not american, she couldn't help but feel joyful at the opportunity. Unless Andrew felt uncomfortable with talking about his background, Brittany naturally would go further in inquiring questions and exploring the cultural exchange.

"Oh no, the water is fine. It's just I can't really swim, you know, and I'm a bit scared of taking a risk and end up drowning myself. If I do that, you're gonna have to rescue me", she laughed wholeheartedly at her own attempt to turn her fear into something laughable. While some would feel awkward confessing such a lack of ability in something as basic as swimming, Brit was perfectly fine with assuming her own limitations. Everyone has their talents and hers lied in a solid field, just like Andrew was proficient with swimming. She actually wanted to go into the pool, but...she couldn't, yet, even if her inconsequential side was almost pushing her into diving. "And I came here to think a bit too. You know when it's too crowded out there you can't even listen to your thoughts? So yeah, the school is not really a good place when you wanna be on your own sometimes, so that's why I'm here. Odd, right?"

Last edited by Brittie on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anti-Moonie

Anti-Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 12:27 pm

“Hm?” She seemed to get the idea that he was new to Endymion. He couldn’t fault her for it, he guessed. “Oh, I’ve actually lived here a long time. I… don’t remember much ‘bout Ireland, me family moved here after th’divide…” Now that was an uncomfortable subject. Andrew was quick to shake his head and abandon topical ship. “A-Anyway…” Huh? She couldn’t swim? But it was so easy! He realized not everyone could swim as fast as he could, since he had training and talent, from what his trainers told him, but everyone should know how to swim at some speed, right? “Aw, tha’ss a problem! I could teach ya how to swim, if ye want!” Andrew let out a short but cute chuckle, genuinely happy at the idea of being able to teach someone how to swim. She was so pretty too! Andrew would’ve considered asking for tips on how to be as pretty as her in return for the swimming lessons, but he quickly swiped that thought away. Just act as a boy should, he repeated to himself. “Hm? Oh, ‘s not odd! When I want to think ‘nthere’s too many people around I just run off on my own, hehe~”
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 pm

"Would you? Nah, I don't think I have the time. Like, there's the cheerleading practice by the mornings, then work by the afternoon... I kinda don't want to, you know, interrupt your studies and training as well..." Honestly she wasn't too sure. Conveniently leaving her psyche terrorist schedule out of the list (thought it does play a part in it), she pondered with expectant eyes placed upon the tiny figure of Andrew...only to briefly after, open up another one of her excited smiles from ear to ear. He was such a good boy, better than her former "friends" at the orphanage. Maybe that's the difference between a kid raised with their family and a kid raised with no parents? "You know what, if I'd be interrupting anything you would've told me! That'd be cool of you! So, when do start? Should I call you Mr. Andrew from now on, teacher?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]   Diving into our Dreams [Andrew] Empty

Back to top Go down

Diving into our Dreams [Andrew]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next