Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] Empty
PostSubject: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Frog made his way towards the BackLight for no real reason at all.
He had time on his hands, so he was walking around. Nothing wrong with that.

Walking through the shopping district, he soon found himself in a lane he did not recognize-the Emporium Stretch, and it hit him that the guy he met yesterday told him about some shop he had with manga or something. He remembered being bitter about it, but whatever.

Since he was already there, he glanced around the various shops. Of course, even had the guy given him a card or something (which he didn't remember), Frog would've lost it by now, so he had to take wild guesses with which shop to enter.
It wasn't as difficult, though, as he approached a window and saw through it lanes upon lanes of-mangoooos.

Grinning a bit, he pushed the door open and walked inside.

Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] Frog2_by_ninjacyndaquil-db2vi5p
"Ding-dong."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

OOC: Gabe looked up with an autistic expression as the radio suddenly played to commence the grand entrance of the wild card desu~

The doorbell rung, a simple but inviting sound that Gabe always tends to enjoy when he hears it. It means that people were coming in, it meant that people were wanting to browse his wares. " Hello, welcome to my shop. " Gabe would say with a casual wave. However, it would suddenly hit him that he recognized this kid. "Oh, the dog lover. I remember you, how have you been? Glad you decided to take my offer and show up. Have we ever properly introduced ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 4:09 pm

"Hello to you too." Frog responded casually, crossing his hands. He leaned to the side as he observed the man. Indeed, he had no clue what his name was. Even if he'd heard it, he probably wouldn't have remembered anyways, so it wasn't that surprising. "I've been good. Was just passing by and decided to come in. Y'know, 'cause I recalled you said something about your store." He added nonschalantly, when inside he was most likely dying. Not only was he alone, kinda, but he was inside a nerdy japanese comic book store. And while he was rather geeky, he was more closet-geeky. He didn't wanna admit or have to repeat.

"My name's Frog. Yours is what?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 7:01 pm

"Yes, you are always welcome in my establishment. " Gabe then started to think back to the man's name. Frog? What kind of name is that? "Is that shortened by any chance? Not trying to be rude or anything. " Gabe then took it upon to introduce himself as well. Gabriel, but you can call me Gabe if you like. It's nice to formally meet you. " With simple introductions out of the way, it was time that they got to business.

"Well, I did invite you here, but i'm sure you have some kind of favorite genre that you like to explore. What's your favorite? Action, adventure, thriller, mystery, romance...anything along those lines?"
It was a shot in the dark, but Gabe would do his best to try to help and assist this man.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Pff. Frog always got an internal laugh whenever someone played it so polite and gave all these formalities like; 'oh, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings', disregarding the fact he himself often did the same thing. "Aye, it's like, short for Frogerio. Like your Gabe's short for Gabriel. Nice to meet you too, btw." He said as he grinned and waved at the man. Not gonna lie, the hospitality was palpable and he enjoyed it.
It made him feel a bit easier to talk about stuff. And knowing the guy from before made it even easier. Else it'd just be awkward as he'd wait for the shopkeep to notice him.

"Oh, right, the manga. Cuz we're like, at a manga store." He replied to Gabe. Hmmmm, so he was asking for a favourite genre......well that was tough. Or not. "I suppose.....I prefer supernatural mystery..? Horror is fine too. Do ya have something like that? Y'know, stuff that gives you the creeps, stuff that gives you the feeling of wrongness. And stuff that just doesn't make any sense. That kinda stuff always gets me worked up."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Supernatural mystery or horror, well... i think the theory of everything is the best manga for you in the sense of what i produced. " Gabe would say as he took out volume one of the theory of everything and placed it on the table. "Imagine it being a universal theory that can be applied to anything to solve all sorts of problems and altercations. Do you think something like that could ever fail? " Gabe would pose the question before continuing. " It's more of a mystery and thriller if anything, but i think you would enjoy something like that.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 8:33 pm

"Hmm?" Frog raised an eyebrow, taking the volume into his hands. "Mystery thriller..." Not really what he had in mind, and the slight displeasement showed on his face, but he still examined the covers of the book rather meticulously. "I think it could fail, yeah." He looked up at the man, still holding the volume. "Like, there're too many variables in the world to take them all into account in a single theory. And even if such a theory existed, its usage would be severely hindered by its overly broad definition, so it would in fact be unusable. Just a really generalized statement without much meaning."

Frog halted for a while. The fact he was being rude still hasn't crossed his mind. He did feel the urge to buy the volume, though. If only to please the gentleman, but he was actually kind of interested in it himself. No matter what logical nonsenses he spouted, he still really enjoyed these kinds of things. Perhaps for all the discord they brought into the tidyness of normalcy. That maelstrom gave him pleasure.
Oh so much pleasure.

"So, like, how much for this? I've never really bought any mangos." He eventually added, totally out of the blue considering his prior musings, moving his hand to pull his wallet out of his pants.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 10:19 pm

"hm? Mangos? the fruit?" Maybe he pronounced it wrong, but Gabe laughed anyway. "No, we don't sell fruit here or anything of the sort haha. However, you really mean... Manga..thats the correct pronunciation for it. Not to be a stickler or anything of the sort, but you might confuse someone like that and make them think you walked into the wrong store. "It as a little laugh but Gabe wasn't making fun of the guy or anything. "It's actually 300 VC, and about the....manga"

How could he explain? "I disagree, but besides being the writer, i guess you would have to wait and see as to why i think that. I believe in a single universal theory that can be applied to any situation. Finding such a thing, and being the only person who knows about it, it might even make you wonder if the theory in itself is on the hinge line of realistic and supernatural concepts. But, i'ts left up to your interpretation, all apart of the journey.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Frog looked at the guy, furrowing his brow. "Yo, it's a just a funny way of pronouncing it. I know it's manga." He was sure every mango fan out there had a funny way of pronouncing it, because why the banana biscuit not, right? "I haven't actually really tried a mango. Ever." He added eventually, flipping the book in his hands. It was gonna be his anyways after he pays for it.

"Hmmm..." Frog listened to the man's explanation of the concept, or the lack of it. But it was understandable-he wasn't gonna spoil his own work for the reader. "If I was the only person who knew about something like that, oh boy, what a mess that would be." He grinned and chuckled. It'd be fun to see how the probably ultra generic and uninspired mango protagonist of this Theory of Everything handled the thing. "But I still think there can't be a realistic theory for everything. We'll see anyways, as I'm buying this." He said as he pulled 300 Vc from his wallet and handed them to Gabe. "Of course, humans are too dumb to even come up with such a concept, really. Because all our systematics are modeled after some arbitrary bases, which are only modeled to fit in with all the other already pre-eastablished arbitrary bases. Whaddayathinkaboutthat?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 4:16 pm

“It’s actually a very nice fruit. Tastes really good, it makes flossing all the more enjoyable. Though I wouldn’t recommend it to you if you tend to be a messy eater, the mess seems to come with the deal. I know a good fruit store to get a mango though. “ Gabe would say with a smile as he continued to listen. The younger man had some doubts about the story, but that was alright, Gabe could forgive that. No one might really understand the reason why he made the manga the way he did. “I did say borderline. “ Gabe would say with an embarrassed smile.” arbitrary bases, you think because the world is so uncertain as an unknown variable, it's impossible to direct it to one theory? “

Really now?” I basically used the metaphysical correlations based upon the scientific data that we have available today. The ultimate theory all starts with the nature of the mind itself, the perception of “Thought” in its entirety, how to think, or how to perceive how others think. Through hemispheres of the brain, neuroplasticity basically governs the abilities of all life, the stimulation of our neurons to create such things as talent and skill. I’m only barely scratching the surface with what the book covers, or will soon cover, but can a sense of perception be a talent? Can the theory which lies behind perceiving partial situations become relatable. Frog, I understand if you don’t want to believe it exists, the unyielding “solution”, to what we call “problem”. Regardless of how unplugged the world is as an arbitrary base, "problem" still exists all the same. Changing it's dynamics doesn't really change the base of what it truly is in itself.
Gabe then laughed it off. “It’ll at least humor you.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm

"Speaking of fruit and mango, have you ever tried pomelo? It's more akin to grapefruit than anything else, but it's great. And it's huge af, so you have plenty of it to go around. I always take it to school with me." Frog smiled at Gabe. "Maybe this fruit store you mentioned has pomelo too, so like, don't forget to check for it when ya go there."

He listened as Gabe tried to explain the basis for the story to him. Somehow, he felt like what he was telling lacked the jist of it and was hence a lie, no matter how small. He wasn't gonna say anything about it, though. Meanwhile, the part that Gabe told was more akin to phylosophy and maybe some neural anatomy than anything else. And it all boiled down to the concept of thought. Thought was such an overdone concept, really, and also one that's very hard to capture. "Hey, if thought is the basis for the entire world, what was the world even about at the time nothing sapient existed? Or at the time nothing existed at all? I mean, I understand what you mean, I s'ppose, as thought can be seen as an principle upon which other higher concepts could be worked upon, since it's something we barely understand. It's the same how everything in the old theories boiled down to 'ideas' as models for the world. Heh. I also get that if this theory works upon the same bases as everything else, it's explainable, and yeah yeah, the fact that they're arbitrary makes no difference if they work for now. However, they might stop working in the face of some new variable, y'know. Something we still don't know about that just can't be incorporated into everything we've established so far at the same time." He didn't quite get what Gabe meant by talking about talent, but he shrugged it off, concluding that he was gonna see it for himself while reading it. Also, he felt more compelled to read the manga now that they've had this little conversation. Frog looked at the book's cover once again. 300 Vc probably well spent, he wasn't gonna complain.

"So hmm? Now that you've gotten me to agree with you to an extent, what do we do~?" He added jokingly, putting his hands to his hips. The pose was rather teasing in a way, but in a good way. It would appear Frog had gotten a bit more comfortable around Gabe.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 am

"Hmm....if your aren't busy, i was thinking of broadening your horizons in the sense of your taste buds" Gabe then went to the back of the room and went into his fridge, getting a small paper plate and the mango he was intended on eating with bernard a while back. However, the bird seemed to like burgers instead, and this one has never tasted it before. "How about i peel you a piece? We could share one together. I had it before, so if you end up liking it, you can have most of it. I keep a bit of fresh fruits in my office, i try my best at healthy eating, but it doesn't always work out that way if im inconsistent. However, seeing that you never tasted something i usually indulge in, i wanted to...."share an experience"..with you."

Gabe then realized the extent of the conversation and backed off. "It was just an offer, if you want. Or you can take it with you?
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 6:28 pm

"Huh?" Frog raised an eyebrow at Gabe as he walked outside the room. When he returned, Frog noticed the plate with...a mango? on it. He contemplated the offer for a while, hand on his chin, deep in thought. He wasn't really sure how to react. Like, first things first, this was like a stranger offering a kid some candy. Second things second, he wasn't sure he was man enough to try the mango. New shit was always scary. A part of him, of course, wanted to do it...THIRD THINGS THIRD...Gabe's choice of words was clumsy at best, a real trainwreck at worst.

'Sharing one's experiences'. Good thing he seemed to noticed the cue and metaphorically backed away from this approach, so Frog himself didn't need to do anything about it. He shrugged. "Well, not like I have anything to lose." He said. "Peel it up. Come on."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm

"Very well..." Gabe started to casually peel up the Mango, making a few slices here and there for both of them to enjoy. He thought of it to be the best course of action, as opposed to just outright shedding the skin of the fruit. After he was done, he placed the small knife in a napkin and head to the back. "Feel free to help yourself, just give me a moment.

Gabe then momentarily dissipated into the back in order to toss the fruit knife in the small sink.

Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] 362565
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm

This was weird.

Well, weird, but in a weird way. Like, on one side, it was a really pleasant experience, watching Gabe peel the fruit wide open, making these desireable-looking slices out of it. On the other hand, however...watching him do it was also incredibly sensual, making Frog feel all uneasy on the inside, momentarily contorting his face into a sort of really displeased grimace while Gabe wasn't looking.

Silently, he nodded to him as he walked back into the other room. He didn't really know how to proceed from there, though. Taking the mango was scary, as it was a new experience. Also, taking it while not knowing its taste and without any insurance to keep him company was scary too. But not taking it would make him look rude and unappreciatative. And he was appreciating the gesture of the mango man.

When Gabe came back, he'd see that Frog hadn't taken a single piece of the fruit, but rather seemed to focus his gaze intently at it for no apparent reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]   Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mango Tango [Afternoon; Gabe x Frog]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next