Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Free Bird [Tatum]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Bird [Tatum] O56non

It felt good to be on the move. Lance was in no particular hurry, but the feeling of the wind rushing against him and the uplifting sense of freedom that came with moving quickly was enough incentive to run. Granted, he couldn't really let loose to the degree that he wanted thanks to his duffel bag of a backpack and his usual business casual attire; parkour was a bit difficult when worrying about sullying your clothes and also carrying weight with no counterbalance.

As it was, he gazed almost longingly at his favorite shortcuts home as he passed them, like the one that led into the alleyway behind some of the main street's shops and up onto the rooftops for a while before dropping down and hopping over the divider wall in the backyard.

Of course, this took his eyes and mind off of where he was going usually for a second too long, and it was only with a quick twist of his lithe form did he avoid smashing into a few people. He uttered a quick "Sorry, 'scuse me!" before continuing on his way, but it wasn't long before his mind started drifting again. One of the unfortunate side effects of him running: he was in his own little world. So much so that the path ahead of him was just trees, buildings, and concrete; the people that wandered through it all virtually invisible to him.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 pm

This would probably continued for quite a while, though it would seem that some unexpected company would suddenly be running by his side.

"Hey there! You're in a rush, for someone who's dressed all fancy like!" said the small child, their face obscured by their jackets collar.

Earlier...

"And here I am, back at Sunlake! I just can't seem to get enough of this place! Why do all the best things happen here in Sunlake! Okay, so no more property invading, I promised my friend I wouldn't do that anymore. But where am I going to find something worth exploring?"

"Sorry, 'scuse me!" came an unfamiliar voice as she felt herself just barely brushed by someone rushing in a hurry.

The runner in her had been awakened.

"That'll do," she replied as she started to give chase after the guy. Anyone in such a rush while wearing a fancy suit has to be worth exploring!
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 am

He was what, halfway home now? Once he was there he could drop off his stuff, get changed into something more comfortable, and then he could really get running. Who knew, maybe he'd tear up Vista Square, or maybe the BackLight. Those were some of the best places to get good parkour in given all the clustered buildings and the urban atmosphere. Of course, if he really wanted to feel like a ninja he could ride down to Little Tokyo...

The tiny voice startled him from his thoughts, and he turned his head this way and that looking for the source of it. It wasn't until he looked down somewhat that he saw the little girl at his side... and then did a small double-take. Was she keeping up with him? Holy shit!

He slowed his pace, his long strides coming to a stop a few moments later. He turned to face her, bending over somewhat to put himself closer to her eye level.

"Hey, you're pretty fast!" he chirped with a friendly smile, taking a moment to smooth his clothing and gather himself. Granted, he wasn't exactly in sprinting mode, but for someone maybe a third of his size to be keeping up with him was saying something about the little girl. "I'm in no hurry though, really. I just like running. You must like it too, to be so fast. I, er... I didn't run you over, did I?"

She looked fine, for the most part, but you could never be sure with some kids. There were the type that bawled at any little scratch, and then those that had toughness for days.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Was she being genuinely complimented? Wow, that was... that was actually kind of odd.

For one thing, she was a pretty decent runner, yeah, but she's not exactly the best. Maybe one day she'll be able to run much faster than anyone in the area, but she was at least satisfied with being able to "out run" anyone she knew so far. Not many people were as good at using the various escape routes that she had learned as she was.

To be fair, she hasn't gotten a chance to use said escape routes. She just loves the excuse of knowing how to get to them.

She was going to reply, but the question of if she was ran over was too good to pass up. Her mischief was in need of satisfying.

"Why yes, my good sir!" She replied rather dramatically, "You've left me plastered to the sidewalk for miles! I've had to chase you down for hours before I caught up to you, and I'll have you know I intend to press charges for my twinkies! You've caused me emotional trauma over the loss of my twinkies!" It was probably the worst act any child could muster, but she herself was convinced that it was pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 12:12 pm

The moment the little girl replied that he'd run into her, Lance's cheerful expression fell with a slight hint of concern. As she continued her little act, however, he broke out into a grin and gave a small laugh. The theatrical sort, was she?

"Twinkies?" he questioned with a laugh, standing back up to his full height. "Well then, I'm sorry. Would you like me to get you some more? Maybe while we go you can explain to me how you caught up to me if I 'left you plastered to the sidewalk,' huh?"

His tone was more playful than accusatory, though part of him was wondering quite a few things about this child. For starters, how the hell she managed to keep up with him. Secondly, where she'd come from; he hadn't even noticed her when he was running. And most importantly...

"Hey, are you out here all by yourself?" he questioned suddenly, looking around. No one around seemed to be her parent, as businessmen dragged themselves home after a long day and young partygoers headed toward downtown to get ahead of the nighttime bustle.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Oh, hey, he was playing along! Maybe she should take advantage of this?

"Oh, that would be a delight, darling," she said with a mock accent, "We socialites must keep up our relations if we're to maintain some level of order in this town?" She couldn't help but smirk to this. It was too silly to be able to take seriously. "Okay, okay, I'm done with the act."

Well, she was, until he asked his question.

"Oh! That! Well, if you must know, I'm a free range child, I am!" she said, now adopting a stereotypical farmers accent, "Lands sakes, us child-like folks are best if we're free range. You should know that by now? Or do you not, for any reason, by free range products?" Oddly, that brought up a question she hadn't thought about before. "Wait, do we have free range ranches here?" She asked, dropping the accent altogether. "The point is, my parents are at work and I'm on an errand!"

Okay, so it was a lie, but she can't really go around telling people that she's sneaking out, can she?
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 7:06 pm

The laughs only continued as she kept up the act, though it seemed her own sense of humor would backfire as she couldn't help but break out into a smile herself. He had to give her credit for trying, right?

And it only got better, it seemed. Something about the term "free-range child" tickled him, reminding him of some of the more health-obsessed members of the track team who only ate chickens they could go out to East Eden and visit. Whether or not said chickens were [i]actually[/] free-range or just an industrial illusion was yet to be determined.

"I don't think we do, no," he managed through laughter at the crack in her facade. Once he settled down, he affixed himself on her last statement. On an errand?

"Oh, where you goin'?" he questioned somewhat reflexively, then realized the intrusiveness of his question. "Actually, you don't have to answer that if you don't wanna. You probably shouldn't be telling strangers where you're going."

Still, she wasn't carrying any sort of parcel so it wasn't like they were sending her to deliver something... Maybe she was going to the grocery store, or picking something up from somewhere. Though, why would they send a kid? Were they not that concerned about the dangers of the city? Sure it wasn't nighttime when all the really dangerous stuff supposedly went down, but...

"You think you'll be alright running that errand? I could keep an eye on you, if you want. Make sure no bullies or bad guys sneak up on you."

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Wow, an actually smart adult! Not that it mattered. She would have lied about it, anyway.

When he made the offer to watch over her, however, she couldn't help but smirk.

"Sir, you clearly underestimate my abilities in the art of 'running away,'" she declared, "I've yet to meet a single kid or person who could keep up with me! Then again, I don't often see people who practice the art of short cut taking." Well, that's what she called it. She knew there was a proper name for it, but "short cut" taking made better sense to her.

"How about I keep an eye on you, Mister?" She suddenly offered for him, "I can make sure all the bad people end up distracted with me while you run away to safety! You seem pretty good on your feet yourself!"
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 1:00 am

This kid was confident, wasn't she?

Even as the act seemed to be over, she was behaving like some heroic sidekick. Still, part of what she was saying caught his attention, and even as she continued to talk a small portion of his mind picked apart the meaning of the words. The art of shortcut-taking?

"Heh, yeah, I'm pretty quick, but I don't think I'll need any distractions from a kid to save me. I know a few shortcuts through this side of town myself. As a matter of fact, I bet I know even more than you." he taunted playfully.

He knew it was a dangerous game to play, provoking this obviously hot-spirited child, but she was too amusing for him to not try to rile up a little. Besides, he wasn't totally baseless on his challenge; he did know quite a few of Sunlake's ups and downs, and though the shrimp had plenty more of the low roads available to her thanks to her size, he had rooftops and walls. The skyline was his realm.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Even if it was recognized as a playful reply, a challenge was still a challenge, and Tatum is not the type to back down from a challenge like this.

"Oh, oh, are you challenging moi?" she declared with mock scoffing, "I'll have you know that I regularly explore Endymion nearly every day, looking for new shortcuts and new ways to travel... On foot!" The last part was added as though it would add some manner of weight to things.

"I am willing to bet that I know a fair share of short cuts more than you know, Mister in a Business suit!" She couldn't help the returned taunt. As far as she could tell, he was basically playing back. What could a child want more than a playmate?
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 8:46 pm

In accepting his little challenge, the little girl had fallen into an entirely different trap. A trap that Lance honestly hadn't intended to set, and hadn't even realized he needed to.

"Oh? So is that what you're doing now, exploring?" he questioned, leaning closer and placing a fist on his hip. Most people with kids worked during the day so that they could be home with them at night. At least, that was his perception. If that was the case, she was probably sneaking out instead of running an errand like she initially claimed.

"Although, I suppose it is a challenge. I'm game, although it's kinda not fair for me to have a handicap. If you're as good as you say you are." he explained, indicating the duffel bag over his shoulder. "Tell you what, you let me drop this off at home, and I'll school you, yeah?"

He chuckled, drawing himself back to his full height and folding his arms in expectation of her answer.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 pm

"Oh, oh, I see how it is," she replied, doing her best to do her own impressive armfold.

It looked very childish on her.

"Alright then, you do you. Go and drop off your things. But I should warn you, the joke is on you! I'm a straight A student, so I doubt you'd be able to school me much!" The little brat seemed impressively confident in herself, suddenly. One has to wonder how hard she will take the fall if it turns out that this man really was able to "school" her.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 11:18 pm

This kid was amusing in the most fantastic way, he had to give her that.

Still, a challenge was a challenge, and he was eager to see how someone so young went about "exploring the city." That said, he probably shouldn't have left her all by her lonesome again to take his bag home. Now that he knew there were no parents around to watch over her, he couldn't help but feel inclined to do it himself.

"Nah-uh, you don't get away that easy. You're coming with me, or at the very least staying in my sight. How do I know you won't try to find some new shortcuts while I'm running home?" he questioned, pouting. "Besides, I still don't think you should be running around by yourself. Not that you shouldn't be getting outside and having some fun."

His issue wasn't with the idea of the girl sneaking out or running away or whatever she could've been doing besides running an errand. It was with the fact that there was no one around to watch her back, and not everyone in the world saw a child as a sweet and innocent little being to nurture and protect. Besides, if she got into some other form of trouble like getting hurt or stuck somewhere as unattended children tended to, she'd need someone there to help.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:41 am

She couldn't help but give him a wide mouth stare. Was he really acting as though she couldn't take care of herself?! The nerve of him!!!

"Are you... seriously accusing me of cheating?!" She replied, deciding to approach that side instead. "I'll have you know that I cheat quite regularly, and I reserve my right to cheat, thank you very much! I am perfectly capable of cheating on my own!"

Though he did say he doesn't like the idea of me by myself... irony of the year... he seriously has no clue what he's dealing with... or who...

... eh, I'll humor him. There's no harm in it, I s'pose.

"Alright, fine," she said, arms crossed with mock irritation, "But I demand compensation! I only accept gold nuggets!" She paused, lifting one of her arms to place a finger on her chin to think. "Or was it denver nuggets... either one really! ... Chicken nuggets..."
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 am

Lance's pout shifted slightly from a look of accusation to one of mild guilt. She didn't seem to like what he was implying, though he couldn't really blame her. He was kind of accusing her of cheating, and no kid liked to be told they couldn't do things on their own because they were too young, or it was too dangerous.

Although, wait, she was perfectly capable of cheating on her own? The statement came as such a shock to the young man that he couldn't help but laugh.

"Wow, didn't your folks teach you it's bad to cheat?" he questioned, giving another little chuckle. "I dunno about gold nuggets, but I could probably swing chicken nuggets. They're about the same color, right? Anyway, come on, kid."

With that he turned, taking his long strides toward home. There was no need to run now, plus he fully intended on trying against this kid--at least somewhat--and thus expending unnecessary energy was a bad idea.

"By the way, I don't think you'd appreciate me callin' you kid forever. What's your name? I'm Lance, but you can call me Crow if you like that better."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Bird [Tatum] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Bird [Tatum]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next