Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

An informational meeting (Gray)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucen Zort

An informational meeting (Gray) Empty
PostSubject: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 3:20 pm

Lucen made his way through the streets of Little Tokyo, deftly maneuvering his way through the crowds. Spotting a sign over a building, he stopped and read it to himself. Ori-shiki Dojo, huh. It might be useful to learn something. Lucen fished a coin out of his pocket and gave it a quick flip. Glancing at the result, Lucen nodded, tucking it into his pocket. He made his way into the building, looking around briefly before asking, "This is my first time coming here. Is there anyone who could give me a brief overview of what services are offered here?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:50 pm

It was one of those slow days at work this time around. Not that Gray could claim that it was full and bustling all the time, but it was fairly common for at least a few people to be hanging around at a time in some manner. Whether it be doing some training on their own, or coming here for a specific lesson. At the given moment however, it was actually pretty empty at the place, perhaps a minor slowdown of the day. Having nothing better to currently do, the man would occupy himself with putting stray equipment in their rightful places for future visitors to use. At least, until he was interrupted by a new arrival asking for help. He didn't actually take the job of dealing with new people often, but since he was technically the most free at the moment, it'd have to do.

Settling whatever stuff he was currently handling down, he would make his way over to the guy, giving him a brief nod. ''Welcome to the Ori-Shiki Dojo.'' The formalities were such a killer sometimes. Too bad there's no real way out of it. ''We offer a fairly wide range of activities, actually. If you're seeking to learn, there are various trainers to take up lessons with, depending on what is your preference. We offer most martial art styles, as well as lessons with different styles of weaponry. You're also free to come around to simply test your abilities or use it as a place to train on your own if you wish so. Is there anything else you'd like to know?'' Well, that was as general as he could get, without attempting to name every fighting style that exists or such. That would take a good while, and he wasn't even sure he knew all of them by heart anyway....
Back to top Go down
Lucen Zort

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 6:14 pm

"Hmm... I see," Lucen said while scratching behind his ear. "So this place teaches just about everything then? Anyway, my name is Lucen." He extended his hand with its fingerless gloves towards the man that explained things to him. "By any chance, is there an area to practice parkour by any chance? Or do you have any recommendations or fighting styles that would mess well with skills developed by parkour?" Lucen stuck his hand in his pocket fiddling around with the coins in there while he waited for an answer, making a faint jingling noise.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 6:43 pm

''I suppose you could say that, in a way. As long as it is related to some sort of fighting style or defense, there should be someone capable of helping you out.'', he would offer a faint smile, accepting the hand, he himself wearing a pair of gloves. ''It's a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Gray.'' He would pause at the following question though, thinking. That was certainly a request that he didn't hear often. In fact, he didn't really know that much about parkour, but at the very least, he knew what it was.

He would tap a finger against his chin in thought. ''Not specifically, since that is not really a typical style. But I believe the gym area could be used for that sufficiently enough. There are always some tools that can be arranged around the place to use as obstacles.'' It wouldn't be entirely impossible, just perhaps take some work to set up first. ''I'll admit my knowledge on parkour is somewhat limited, but from what I know, I would say it's more closely related to acrobatics and gymnastics than to martial arts. If you really wanted a combination, the closest would perhaps be Capoiera. But generally speaking, you could apply these skills in any martial art to an extent. Extra knowledge is always helpful to have.'' It was hard to think of anything specific for this one. Unless one wanted to try to be a ninja, seeing as parkour was kind of about moving around fast and efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Lucen Zort

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:43 pm

"Huh. So I'm guessing you don't really have a formal teacher for parkour then?" Lucen scratched the back of his head. "A formal teacher would have been kind of nice, considering I am mostly self-taught." Lucen then took out a couple of coins out of his pocket, flipped them, and checked the results. A heads for teaching others parkour, but a tails for learning Capoiera "So a couple more questions then. Who would I need to talk to if I wanted to teach others parkour? I've found it to be a fairly useful skill from time to time. Then," Lucen exhaled and put his hands in his pockets, "I don't really know anything specific about Capoiera, but since you said that any other skill set might be useful, I'd like to know if you know of any styles that rely less on physical strength." Lucen then pulled a coin out of his pocket and flipped it over his head, catching it with his other hand without turning around. "I'm fairly good at predicting arcs of moving objects, so something that might let me take advantage of that would be good as well."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 7:03 pm

''I'm not aware of there being one specifically for that, no...'' It's not like he knew literally everyone around here. Although he would like to think that he would have at least heard of such an odd out thing being popular in any way. Still, it was mildly unlikely. Parkour was sort of ways off from your typical disciplines, so unless someone came up with the idea themselves and pushed for it then it probably wasn't a thing. Well, he was trying to think his way through this, but those coins were being mildly distracting at the moment. Also, the guy was a little confusing. First he says how a teacher would be nice to have due to being self-taught and then he flips to wanting to be the teacher himself? Shouldn't it be only one or the other? To teach, you should be confident in your skills in the first place. ''Hm...'' What to make of this...

''You could try catching Miss Claire. She's one of the most known trainers around here, and her family owns this place. She'd probably be the best bet if you're serious about trying. Though, if you don't mind me asking, why the sudden change of heart? You sound like you both want to be taught and teach others, but isn't it better to get the former out of the way before attempting the latter? A teacher should be confident in the skills they are passing down after all.'' Maybe he was missing something here? Well, Gray wasn't entirely sure, but perhaps asking would clear it up. Ah well. As for the other one...''It's hard to say. The skills you speak of can help you in dodging attacks and being a more creative fighter, that's for sure. But every martial art requires some sort of physical strength if you want to land your own offense effectively. A stronger person would always have an easier time overpowering you.'' It was pretty vague, really. ''Perhaps you'd do best just developing your current skills and applying them when needed. You could try to pick up a martial art, but it's not easy to say which one would suit you most just by linking it to parkour in general.'' Besides, you can become good at anything if you put in the effort. Not just something you already have a headstart in.

''As for the objects...that sounds more related to perhaps a weapon based focus. Such as various throwing weapons or archery, where you need to have a good aim and eye for precision with moving projectiles.'' That sounded more simple at least. Of course, one could try to incorporate objects in normal fighting too, but that was more of a fancy add on rather than a specific style.
Back to top Go down
Lucen Zort

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

"I can see why my change in attitude might be a little disconcerting." Lucen gave a quick shrug and shook his head... differing perspectives on life he supposed. "I've heard that one of the best ways to really learn something is to teach it. Different perspectives can alter the way you look at a discipline, and nothing really shows that like teaching another." He then gave a brief smile to Gray, "I guess we might be seeing each other more often then, Grey. After all, even if Miss Claire doesn't think that parkour is something worth teaching, I'll still probably come by. I'll be testing out different styles, seeing if one of them feels like a good fit." He gave a nod to his conversation partner as he started off. "It's been good talking with you Gray, and thanks for your time."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:52 pm

''I'm simply curious, that's all.'' After all, as long as the younger man proved he was good at it, there would probably be no issue unless someone higher up decided they didn't want that stuff taught here. Which would be an odd choice to make. ''I suppose you do have a point. But you still need to be good at what you are attempting to teach first, right? People can't just decide they want to teach something without having the knowledge necessary to pull it off. As long as you're experienced enough though, I assume it should be fine.'' It's not like he knew what the other could do. All they have done was talk, so there was no showing off to base judgments on. Not that he was even really trying to.

He would nod lightly. ''Well, I shall wish you good luck then. You're welcome, and it'll be nice seeing you around in the future.'' New people were always a good refreshment regardless of circumstance. This one didn't seem like a troublemaker, so why not? Even though the two of them seemed to have a bit of a different area of interest here. Hmm, this meant he should be going back to what he was doing before, right..?

~Exit, unless something happens~
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 9:37 pm

An informational meeting (Gray) 54ri9Up

Lucen Zort of the Fortune and Gray of the Devil have formed a Social Link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An informational meeting (Gray)   An informational meeting (Gray) Empty

Back to top Go down

An informational meeting (Gray)
Page 1 of 1