Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] Empty
PostSubject: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm

So Bernard had decided to go through the Tokyo strip of the little Tokyo area of the city of Endymion, it wasn't really a bad place at all and the woman was curious. Flapping her way around the district, she was met by the curious looks of many people that resided within the Tokyo Strip who proceeded to eagerly look at her in ooh and aww, almost as if she was some form of foreign creature.

...Then again, being the last of your kind causes people to have that form of reaction to you. Who had seen an owl in this city? Bernard simply though to herself as she flapped her way over to one of the shop fronts in the Strip, looking forward at the goods but alas being really unable to enter the area herself. Due to how owls did not carry money in any way, and were also incapable of y'know entering stores so casually.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 7:13 pm

When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] OlCZ162

Such an eventful day indeed. Alas, one doesn't always get to decide how things go for them. At any rate, fate wasn't very generous today and Gray found himself internally sighing as he tried making his way through the crowds. And ignoring the occasionall odd looks he would get, since he currently looked like he had recently faceplanted into something or such. Which was not exactly the case, but regardless of the fact, it wasn't anything he could fix at the moment. Nor did he live in this district, so he had to walk around for a while no matter what.

Despite the fact that he had no particular need to make any prolonged stops at the moment, some things were pretty hard to ignore though. Like large white birds flapping around. It was certainly an odd sight. He could recognize an owl alright. He's seen some in the past. Not ones like this though. Which was to be expected since it isn't like he ever lived in the north. He'd give the bird a casual look, before turning his focus on the store, somewhat curious as to what the deal was. He wouldn't really say anything though as he didn't have a proper reason to do so. And as much as he liked animals, under normal circumstances, talking to them was rather pointless.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 8:58 pm

The owl would seem to hoo and look around the area, not really finding anything interesting in the area around her right now. She simply began to preoccupy herself by looking amongst the corwd for people. Then came a different looking dark skinned mail amongst the crowd who had some form of a nosebleed. Out of simply curiosity Bernard had decided to bother him, why she did not know s the owl would hoo and then begin to flap her way over to him. As the owl glided across the air, she would land herself on his shoulder and begin to hoo happily. Almost as if this was some form of an act that she had done with multiple strangers, it was up to the young man himself however to decide what he would do with the owl and how it was interacting with him clearly.

Hoo,Hoo. Hoo.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 pm

''...?''

Not exactly what one would expect, that's for sure. Gray wouldn't make an attempt to move away or anything, but he was definitely mildly confused by this. Owls were wild birds, weren't they? It's not the type of a bird you'd consider friendly enough to just sit on you like that. Most typical pets wouldn't do that if let out of a cage, so this was highly unusual. Sadly, he didn't have eyes on the side of his head, and it was somewhat impossible to turn his head to look at the white bird when it was on his shoulder like that. Hm...

''Hm? Is there something you want? I certainly hope I don't look like food.''
What was he to do anyway...? It's not like he could reason with a bird, could he..?
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Bernard had decided to perch herself on this guys shoulder and simply hoo around looking at people right now. The onlookers still staring at this owl as some form of a foreign creature, after all you don't see freaking arctic owls in Endymion casually. So bernard would on the rather just hoo and then look directly over at the guys head. Hoo, Hoo. Hoo.Bernard would offer a flap of her wings and a little ruffle of the feathers, outside of looking cute and simply curious at the guy she just didn't have much to do right now or use as a means to communicate.

The concept of her not being able to communicate simply BORED her, so she would get a little invasive right now. If he didnt have any form of potential the guy wouldnt feel any of this!But if he did, he would certainly know The owl had just analyzed him. Bernard would proceed to mentally concentrate

Soul Skill Name:Reveal Yourself!
Persona Name:Bernard
Tier: Tier 1
Cost:8 SP
Type of Damage:Catches hoes who think their slick
Description:Upon Usage, allows Bernard with a Quick Glimpse. To Identify the Inner Potential within the person that he looks at. It only reveals their Inner Potential, and that is if they currently Possess it right now. Also Displaying what type of Potential it is EX:Artificial,Tainted,etc. To Bernard, However to preform it. He must be within 5 Meters of the person he is using it upon. In PVS, This allows Bernard to Identify the HP/SP of a Target.

Yep that definitely sounds like something she could use right now. A quick blip and she had just analyzed the young mans potential and as to whether or not he really had anything. How what was inside him would react is a different tale of its own however.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Right. That wasn't about to go anywhere, was it? The question remained however. What does one do when stuck with an owl sitting on them? He had next to no idea as to what the bird wanted of him or had in mind at all. Assuming there was actually some purpose behind this and he wasn't simply being used as a temporary perch because he was standing in place for now. That certainly sounded like a possibility.

''Ah well, looks like I'll be stuck here for a while...'', he would mutter under his breath, sort of having given up on escaping this unusual situation for at least a while. It was mildly unsettling however, since now he was getting even more looks than before, thanks to his new living accessory. Still, not the worst thing that could have happened, right...?

That aside...he was slightly aware that the owl was doing something weird, but considering how he was nowhere near being used to such methods, he wasn't able to tell what exactly was up. Did animals come with some mystical abilities nowadays...? Due to confusion, his reaction would be rather minimal for now, simply trying to turn his head to actually look at the white bird without knocking his face into it while doing so...
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Bernard had still lied upon Gray's shoulder and was eagerly looking around the enviroment right now like a little happy hoo. She certainly was making sure to enjoy herself right now and it seemed this man had some form of potential within himself. Something different from what she had seen in everyone else...It was dark, and it certainly was unusual but at the same time this..."potential" of his did not seem on the inside of him, but rather it appeared to be linked directly with him oddly. Instinctivley, the owl would turn to gray's ear and begin to whisper something in it. Turn around, and move to that tree over there. It was a very low whisper, that absolutely almost nobody else was capable of hearing except Gray and Bernard, the boy would clearly get the hint that this owl was nothing normal of the sort and wanted to apparently speak with him.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 4:23 pm

''Ah....?''

Now the bird was talking? Well, there were only two options. Either his face has been hit a bit harder than he originally thought, or he was dealing with something unnatural here. The chances. Gray would honestly say they were about half and half in this case. Odd beings certainly existed, so he couldn't rule that one out. On the other hand, it was rather unusual for such a being to mingle like this and address random strangers on the street. Not that he knew too much about owls of any kind though. Technically, that means back to square one. Ah well. Coming to a conclusion that the only way to settle this would be to wait for more pieces of the puzzle, he would mentally shrug to himself.

''I'm not the one to normally follow orders just because, but I suppose you're lucky I find this interesting enough.'', he would answer with a half-amused smile. That wasn't a lie. Nice, he would be. Still, that didn't mean he was partial to being told what to do by people that he did not consider as his boss or such. Or animals, in this case. Details aside for now, he would walk over to said tree, leaning against it.

''So, what do I owe this pleasure to...?''
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 4:28 pm

The owl had managed to successfuly lead the boy over to an isolated tree where nobody else was capable of picking up upon or really hearing them. Now she could really get this conversation started, as the owl would simply begin to whisper torwards him. Your a rather interesting individual I see.The owls feminine voice ringing out notably within Greys eardrums. From here on he was obviously going to be capable of discerning that bernard was female. I noticed that... Shadow attached to you, your not like the rest now are you?Bernard would then offer a sort of loud hoo and flappity flap flap her way over to the front of Grey, sitting directly on a tree branch and looking in front of herself at the young guy. Rather intriguied. Here is my name, and yours?With that last sentence the owl flapped over and would motion for him to look at a small collar on her neck. Should Gray actually look, the man would notice the following engraved.

"BERNARD"
"BERNIE <3"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Interesting? Well, wasn't everyone interesting in their own way? In fact, Gray would wager that a talking owl was actually of way more interest than someone like him. Yes, he wasn't exactly your normal kind of person or anything, but at least he wasn't an animal which doesn't fit in from the first glance you land upon it. Crossing his arms over his chest loosely, he would smile thinly. ''I'm only as interesting as you make me out to be.'' The general consensus is that what matters most is how a person sees you, rather than how you see yourself. ''Shadow....?'', he would seem puzzled for a short moment before realizing what the owl was trying to get at. ''Ah you mean...well, he's a Demon for starters. And now I wonder how is it that you know that.'' Perplexing indeed. Was this owl a sort of demon as well...? Didn't sound impossible at all at this point. In any case, definitely not a normal bird, that much was certain...

''Bernard...I see. Well, you can call me Gray. I suppose I should say nice to meet you?'' This was hardly your typical meeting, but what do you do? Speaking of meetings...This one had a nametag like a pet. A talking pet owl? What was up with that? Puzzling. ''Seeing as you're so interested however, can't say you're normal either. Birds generally do not talk.'' In real life at least and unless they aren't actual birds.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh good finally, a human that isn't so simple. I think we are going to get along just fine...If owls could smile, she sort of would actually smile. Then again could an owl express emotion like that?Instead however Bernard offered an obligatory hoo and a flap of her wings as some form of affirmation. Ah a demon...When I saw what was in you, it seemed all blackish, or something. I couldn't really identify it very well. I bet you are wondering how I did that.Bernard herself would give a sort of prideful flap of her wings, and be "happy" at this ability of hers that allowed the hoo to peer into the souls of others practically and see their potential. It's just a thing I can do, I can look and see if you have something in you or not. If you were normal I'd have seen nothing to put it simply, but that thing inside you is rather different than anything I expected.Another obligatory flap of the wings came to solidfy her point, they were both different than something you usually saw.

I guess, I don't know what else you would say hoo. Owls like me of course never talk at all, if we did it'd be the end of the world!Then again with what already happened how do we not know the world is already ending?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 5:15 pm

''Does that make me a puzzle? An interesting idea, but I wasn't aware it's possible to figure out a person as quickly as that.'' They haven't even talked properly yet. Was it simply because of the whole demon thing going on here? It would appear as the most likely reasoning at the moment. There's no way to tell whether a person is simple or not based on so little after all. Semantics notwithstanding, he sure felt mildly odd standing there and having a conversation with an owl which was flapping about meanwhile. He would shake his head in thought. ''Of course. I doubt too many are like me. It's not something an average person would want. If I may though, please don't refer to him as an 'it' or 'thing'. He's going to be mildly upset. Demons are living beings too, after all.'', he would respond after she gave him her explanations, and while his demeanor was calm and chill at a glance, he certainly meant his words seriously.

He would chuckle faintly. ''Would it? Humans have talked for ages and the world hasn't died yet. Who's to say if talking owls would end up differently.'' It would probably cause a certain amount of chaos, however. Speaking animals were currently only in TV shows and cartoons. Children would likely find the idea of it being reality fun though. ''I do not know, however.'', he would take on a more serious stance for the moment. ''It is certainly an unusual progress, but I wouldn't say it is a guaranteed world ender. Demons and other kinds of beings have existed for a long time already. I presume it all depends on how the ones involved decide to act.'' Random words of wisdom aside, he wasn't really any familiar with what was actually happening. Sure, he knew of the stories about some Terrorists being hunted down and Government keeping peace and all. It was hard to miss the basic 'rules', but he's never been given a reason to truly attempt to dig into any possible loopholes in the system.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:21 am

You don't look obvious and simple, hence I came to that conclusion rather early on.Bernard was not perfect at figuring people out, it was moreso the fact that she was bored and attempting to preoccupy herself with other people, happening to coincidentally find other people with some form of potential as well. Talking owls would be the end of the world!We are a force to be reckoned with and the deadliest birds according to how humans see how.A triumphant hoo would come out and another flap of her wings as some sort of semblance of pride. You have a point there, the humans are already used to all kinds of other things talking and integrating with their own culture and just being certainly around them right now. There is all kinds of "Chaos" going on within the city, and outside of the city.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 9:26 am

''Is that so? Well, I normally don't have people approaching me for such reasons, so I'd doubt my looks are that much of an attraction.'' Sure, he could stand out a bit in a normal crowd, even if only for looking more foreign than most people in this city, but outside of that? Not really, unless one had a specific way of picking out certain kinds of people. That's probably all there is to it. Gray would tilt his head slightly, staring at the owl bragging about her race being superior. There were plenty of birds. Who ever said owls are best? Something like a large eagle or such could be just as deadly in the right circumstance. ''I would think the 'deadliness' factor depends more on the individual, not so much about what species they are. Just like some humans are useless, I'm sure there are useless owls too. Though, the ability of speech is not what I'd consider as the one-way ticket to ending the world. Those who don't want to listen, won't listen whether you make bird sounds or actually speak.'' What can you say? Many are pretty ignorant, and words only go so far when you want to make them understand something. The more important question would probably be why was he actually discussing this kind of thing with a bird. He was used to demons in a sense, but this was a new one.

He would turn his gaze towards the people walking through the streets away from them momentarily. ''Do you mean something specific by the chaos you mention? I know this city is unlike others by base, but things sure seem weird lately. I've already had one guy ask me odd questions about people and protests before, and at this point I think he was implying something at least. As scatterbrained as he seems to me.'' Honestly, what was up with odd people recently...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]   When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray] Empty

Back to top Go down

When an Owl wants to buy things, but she really can't[Gray]
Page 1 of 1