Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonie

Moonie

Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] Empty
PostSubject: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:13 am

Over time, Selenus learned that during the night-time he only had one of two things to do: Sleep and refresh, or go hunting for twisted people. However every time night-time came around he tensed up and lost all will to go hunting. This strange phenomenon was what he had come to call "Nictokratophobia", the fear of having power at night.

This night, however, nictokratophobia was missing. No desire to shrivel up and hide, or to run s far away as he could for no particular reason; Only the need to sleep. And sleep he did. It was one of the few things nowadays he could do where he (thogh subconciously) could relax without feeling bad about wasting time.

Without a sound in sight, the night wen by perfectly quiet until...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:24 am

After Gabe arrived at his house, he quickly locked the door and started to undress. After removing his wet clothing, Gabe started a kettle in order to put on some hot water. After what happened today, he could use some herbal tea in order to go to sleep tonight. In the end , it'll calm him down. "..............." Gabe stared at his phone for a few minutes as the kettle started to whistle.

"Guess it's done..." After walking over to the stove and making himself a cup of herbal team and sat down in his fuzzy slippers. "...." Looking at his phone, Gabe decided to change the frequency over to Selenus. "Selenus,is this working?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:57 pm

*RING*
*RING*
>INCOMING CALL

"Oh, for the love of...."

Selenus woke up in the middle of the night, startled by the sound of his own codec playing to his ears alone. After huffing a heavy huff, he opened the line and allowed the caller to speak.

"-s this working?"

...He recognized that voice...

"Gabe." Selenus greeted him groggily through the light static of the radio. "Is there something you need?" He was mad that his sleep was interrupted, but he understood that his new status as Psyche Terrorist meant needing to put urgency before well-being.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyFri May 27, 2016 4:35 pm

"Nothing of the sort that requires an immediate attention or presence of the sort. Here i was, enjoying a hot cup of tea, and wondered how this frequency wave you gave me even works. I guess the message is rather instantaneous, like a walkie talkie. Is it traceable? Is it secure? I ask because, as i figured before, its in all of our best interest to keep in contact for a while. " Gabe was asking all of the right questions atleast, he wanted to know how efficient this device was. " Though, your appearance rather startled me, i never met such a A. I automomous being before, was you manufactured by the government or something? You mentioned being a military grade weapon, how does such a valuable being finds itself in a city of lies?
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:32 pm

"First of all, this line is encrypted, though I can't guarantee the govrnment wouldn't be able to crack into it. On paper, however, I'm not supposed to exist anymore. The government thinks all units of my kind were terminated, so unless I attract their attention this line should be relatively safe. Other than that it's just a regular radio comm. They're standard issue for black operatives, or ex-black operatives in my case."

"I was indeed created by the government, but I was purchased by a private company after a few years in service, and after that I recieved autnomous freedom. Trust me, I've no sympathy for the government anymore... I technically am a military weapon, but I'd have you not forget I can think and feel emotions identically to you humans. As for how I ended up here... I settled in this city bfore it was even known as Endymion. I've just sort of... stuck around until now."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:58 am

"Alright, if you can't guarantee, i have a request. We should change the frequency evey once in a while. Even though people wait for something bad to happen in order to react to it, i think that's rather false. We should be the ones to react to thing, its a bit unsafe to say the least. If i could have it my way, i would request that the frequency be changed after every phone call, or at least altered so it cant be traced by the same wavelength. Though, you did give your contact information to tatsui, and that would prove to be unfortunate for him if we did that. "

"I see, so you're like me somewhat? Well, not entirely, we lived different lives.... but in a sense of understanding. who would even know you were a machine from over the phone. You "feel" just like us, all the same. But, where are you exactly? Have you found shelter? Wouldn't someone or anyone bother hyou if they were to see you?
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:50 am

"That seems reasonable. I'll try to change the frequency as often as I can, but It'd probably be wise to set up an alternate method of communication in the near future. You know the place and time we're supposed to meet at tomorrow? It'll most likely be best to discuss methods of communication there and then. In any case, I'll change the frequency after notifying the other two of the frequency routine. Wouldn't want to leave them out."

"Really now? My incredibly electronic voice wouldn't tip you out on the fact I'm a robot? I appreciate you trying to make me feel integrated into society, but I'd rather we keep it realistic. In terms of shelter... I've found shelter in all technicallity, but it's not exactly home. People tend to give me odd looks when they see me, and children seem to find me "cute", but other than that I face no problems with passerbys."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySun May 29, 2016 2:33 pm

"Something so advanced has nothing short of a voice changer at its disposal? I figured that you would take into account for anything regarding certain situations. Calling someone, using a recording of a voice that you heard once before, and then playing it back. Unless you are more geared to combat, what i am saying to you, was partially expected. Or maybe i'm reaching?

Either way, if you are discreet about it, you are welcome to stay at my abode if the situation calls for it. The idea of leaving you in the rain isn't something i relish after you assisted in us safeguarding our own lives. That much hospitality should be stretched to you, even if you deny it in the end. I'm an apprecative man...Selenus
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:52 pm

"I used to have a voice imitation module for use in stealth missions, but it's unfortunately no longer functional. A lot of my modules are no longer functional, in fact. I haven't had maintenance in four years, which is about the robot equivalent of not going to the doctor. It's not been for lack of trying to find repairs though, I'll tell you that much. I am indeed built with combat in mind, but I'm more of an assassin than a soldier. It's a needed combination of speed and attack power that I possess."

"I thank you for the offer, but I can't really take it. I do have a place to stay for the night though, I'm not sleeping in the garbage bin... not today at least. I'm going to be expected at that same place in a few hours though, so I guess it's a good thing you woke me up after all. Don't worry about the rain, I'm completely waterproof and every part of my body is anti-oxidant."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:02 am

I see, so how do you feel about tonight's offer? We have a chance to all meetup tomorrow to have some of our questions answered. I dont know what program that you was involved with prior to your creation for a complicated military weapon to have access to a persona, but you have one. Not much of a shock though? This phantom thief, do you trust him? Maybe it was a slight gullible qualm to think that the reporter would get a normal interview, caught with a swerve that ended up to be demon ambush.

Does this leave it to be similar to us having more questions than answers in the end?
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:20 am

"I plan on at least listening to what The Phantom has to say. We have this power now, it would be an awful shame to let it go to waste... but before we use it for anything we have to make ure what we use it for runs behind a just cause. Does that mean turning into a Psycho Terrorist? I couldn't say. All I know is that if being a criminal in the eyes of the government ends up meaning doing the right thing, then my future tendencies don't look very legal, but they certainly do look moral."

"Well... my creation process is a bit of a doozy. Us ASSWs are powered by something called a Papillon Heart, which is basically the closest thing mankind has made to an artificial brain. It provides us with a conscience, personal thought and emotions. Everything else, including kowledge and the basic senses, is supplied by our bodies and our computers. If these "Personas" are in any way related to the "Psyche" in the name "Psyche Terrorist" Then I guess I have my papillon heart to thank for being able to have one."

"We'll just have to find out for ourselves, Gabe. If there's one thing I've learned the hard way, it's that nothing in life comes to you of its own figurative volition. You have to call out to life."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Assw ? Well then, consider me as one of the uneducated masses since i have no real clue as to what that is. However, on the bright side, its something that makes you more human and hs granted you a gift..or a curse. Either way, count your lucky stars, i have no idea what you must of been through in your life, but if you refuse to give up on that life of yours even in a time like this, it's quite motivational and makes others want to try a little harder around you, so they say it's in the act of the struggle in itself.

Though i probably shouldn't be keeping you and talking in your ear. we will still see eachother tomorrow night, yes? At best, let me know when you find a safe place, you don't have to tell me where it is, just want to know if you got to your estination safely,.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 pm

"Don't think you're not the only one who doesn't know; To this day not even I know what ASSW stands for. For all I know it doesn't actually stand for anything."

"I appreciate that, Gabe. It really does mean a lot. Thank you. I've been through a lot, but... I'm not about to give you a multiple-hour sob story over the radio. I have my Persona to thank for keeping me from taking drastic measures though. Back then... in that alleyway... I was about to turn myself off for good, but something about obtaining this power... something about it made me realize I haven't completely exhausted all my options yet."

"Again, I appreciate your concern, but I already have found a safe place. I'm not in it right now... but I'll head there once we're done here. If you're truly that worried about me I'll send you a message when I settle in."

"I'm going to hang up now though; I should really get going. It's been nice talking to you Gabe... thank you. Have a good night."

With that said, Selenus waited for Gabe to give that last reply and then ended the call. He looked at the time... huh. He still had a little bit of time before he had to be there within the acceptable margin of error. He decided to set his wakeup timer to 1AM and take a quick nap. It'd be alright, right? "Deliveries" Are usually off by an hour or two anyway...

ZzZzZzZzz...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] 01_magician Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] 18_moon

Gabriel Gatsby of the Magician and Selenus of the Moon have ranked up their Social Link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]   Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night] Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing Nictokratophobia [Gabe] [Night]
Page 1 of 1