Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Masami Gakki Awakening

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Masami Gakki Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:01 am

The setting would be a rather large studio located within Shibakuzoi. Previous to this specific date, a young Katsu! had invited an underrated musician by the name of Gakki Masami. His "manager" was now expecting the young woman on the first floor. His skin was pale, he had black hair that matched his all black suit, and a pair of midnight black sunglasses upon his face. His expression held that of an easy smile, one you usually saw smooth criminals wearing right before a heist. To be a manager of a famous pop idol group, it was safe to say this man had the means of pulling strings quite easily. Many simply called him "Mr. Guido". If this was his real name was unknown, but what was known was that he was quite respected when it came to fellow managers and artists. Everything he touched seemed to blossom into fame and left the average mediocrity that many artists found themselves in. When he found Katsuro within Hayabusa, he knew he could make the boy a star. Would the same be for this young woman aswell? Only time could tell. However, there was a saying that Guido believed in. That music could brainwash people. Perhaps that was why he was in the business, and why he had offered himself to Nyarlathotep so absolutely. He knew his role as a puppet the moment he was plucked from the flames of hell, and he followed the orders give to him without strife. It was not the puppet's role to struggle against the puppeteer. For now the man and black would be watching the front doors, awaiting her arrival. Those of youth were rather gullible when it came to fame, and many sold their soul for it. However, in this case, they were getting something much more viable in return. They were getting power. The power to do what they want, no strings attached. Well, few strings attached. The Crawling Chaos did not give out ability for his health now did he?
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Masami always knew this day would come. Or at least, she hoped she would get here on her own talent alone. Still, a little help from a pop star didn't hurt. The rocker was as ready as she could be. She carefully picked her outfit, and even her guitar to match. She had a few of her recorded tracks prepared too. Sure they weren't studio quality, but they were something. She was going to be ready for anything. Or at least, she thought so.

She stood a moment outside of the doors, taking a breath with a confident smile. "Let's go, Masami. You deserve his." She proudly stepped through the doors and noticed the man waiting there, probably for her. She gave a slight wave before approaching him. "Yo, are you..." she looked down at the note that Katsu! had written. "Mr Guido?" she asked, looking back up to him. "Name's Gakki Masami"
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:08 pm

The man looked the young woman up and down from behind the dark shades. Katsuro surely had a type when it came to picking females, now did he? That boy was quite a hassle. Using his index finger and middle finger, "Mr. Guido" would press the frames of his sunglasses up upon his nose as he'd continue to hold his easy smile. "That I am. Well then, Gakki Masami, follow me." The man stepped aside to reveal an elevator a few feet behind him. Walking towards it, he would press the down button and would await the elevator's arrival. So for the moment, the man would have his back turned towards the young female, but he would begin to speak with her. "So, can you tell me why you're interested in music? What got you started down this path?" Was he asking this because he was truly curious why? No, he needed to know how much motivation she had when it came to the business. If he were to be her manager, this meant she would need to be focused on her work. He could not manage two Katsuros, after all. Authentic Impulse wasn't a trait he adored, especially when it came to business. Placing a hand into his pocket, and letting the other hang firmly to his side, he'd watch the elevator doors slowly open, and would walk within the small compartment. Holding out his hands to keep the door opened, he would await the young female to join him.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Masami moved up alongside him, not really used to a business setting. She looked around, trying to cover up her curiosity. When they reached the elevator, she moved up alongside him, as opposed to standing at his back. She liked to be able to look at someone she was talking to. Or more accurately, she liked them to be able to look at her. "Why? Well crap, I'm not a philosopher or psychologist or whatever if that's what you're getting at. I've just always loved it. The pulse, the excitement, the rush, the attitude, the power that music has over your audience." She smirked, giving him a sidelong glance. "Can't really demonstrate it today, but believe me. When I'm onstage, I own it." She gave him a proud look. "Point is, it doesn't matter where I started, where I am, and where I'm headed is what's important, right?"

She wasn't scared or intimidated at all, or at least, that's what she kept telling herself to maintain her attitude. She was a rocker, if he didn't like her music, she wouldn't be leaving quietly. If he wasn't sure, she'd have to turn up the charm a bit. But she somehow knew it wouldn't come to that either. She had the strangest feeling like everything's already been decided.
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:49 pm

The man continued to smile, as the young woman explained herself and her motivation. When the elevator doors would open, it'd reveal a small recording room. On the walls were various gold records, and members of various artists Mr. Guido had helped reached the big leagues. Even Katsuro's picture was on the wall, with his band mates. "I am glad to see you're so resolved, Gakki Masami. You have the makings of a star already." The dark haired man would walk out of the elevator and into the room, flicking on all the lights and revealing the recording booth to their right. Walking over to a chair, he'd take a seat, and gesture for her to take a seat aswell. "So I believe Katsuro has told you to bring in some sample music for us to listen to, yes? Would you mind letting me hear one. Or better yet.." Guido placed his fingers together, and tilted his head forward slightly. "Why don't you play live for me now, seeing as you've brought your instrument with you. If I'm impressed, I will not waste any time signing you to our label. We're always looking for motivated musicians here." The business man leaned back in his chair and proceeded to wait for an performance.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Masami grinned. Good, he appreciated her straight shooting. She always hated having to put on an act when she didn't have to. Then again, she shoudn't be surprised, seeing as he has to deal with Katsu! on a regular basis. 'the makings of a star already' really put a grin to her face and she nodded in agreement.

She sat in the offered seat, but only for a brief moment, because before long, she was already standing up again and pulling her guitar out of her case. "Mr. Guido, I thought you'd never ask." She winked and took a moment to double check that everything was in tune before strumming a few chords, then looking up with a smirk before suddenly breaking into an elaborate and impressive song that she wrote herself. Wouldn't do any good to show off someone else's work, would it? After a long intro, she started singing as well, making sure that neither her voice nor her guitar overpower each other.

After the first verse, she finally was comfortably into the rythm, and started showing off a bit, swaying to the music, giving a little twirl or an exaggerated strum on the guitar where appropriate, plenty of smiles and winks to her one-man-audience. She didn't care if she was onstage or if her crowd was small. Like wanted to prove she could own the stage and enchant a crowd.

Dark corridors and alleyways,
comin' to life tonight
Everything's dead inside,
but I feel alright

Bubble Bubble, you're in trouble
there's witchcraft in the air
I'm lurking somewhere in the dark
Hide yourself if you care

I own you! I control you!
Swing your shakles left n' right
I know you, and I've told you
Don't be scared it'll be alright

Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:19 am

The man was quite surprised at the young woman's performance. He even stood from his chair and gave her several claps with his usual easy smile still on his face. "Impressive! Very impressive, Gakki Masami!" The manager began to praise the young female. She would be a nice addition to the team, and he knew she'd be a more responsible addition that Katsuro was. Yet, he couldn't speak down on the foolish child, he did his job well. Once he finished clapping, the Manager would place a hand in his pocket, and would extend the other one towards Masami for a handshake. "Now, if if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to show you something quite interesting. You see, if you work for us, and play your music, you get special benefits aswell." The man would lift up his leg and kick it back, as if he were kicking a wall. Though nothing was behind him, there'd be a loud thud. In reality, he had kicked open one of the many doors that lead into Limbo. Though the Manager did not have a Persona of his own, he did have Nyarlathotep's blessing. He could see the doors. "Your music will literally touch the souls of those that hear it. You will continue to grow in skill, and I'll be sure to nurture your potential and sky rocket your popularity. However, I'll need a small favor from you in return. Nothing major, I assure you. I simply need you to swear loyalty to our cause here. All you need to do is shake my hand, and from that moment on we will become business partners." The man spoke with a clear and smooth voice that could be compared to honey falling from a leaf. He surely had a way with words.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:14 pm

When he stood to applaud, she knew she was in. She slug her guitar over her back and gave him a satisfied smirk. She crossed her arms curiously, and was about to uncross them to shake his hand without a thought. "Special benefits huh? Sounds pretty awesome to me." But something made her freeze, her hand stopped halfway to shaking his. "A favor? Loyalty to the cause? Don't tell me you're actually pulling the 'sell your soul for rock n' roll' cliche on me. I heard enough of that already lately." She chuckled with a little smirk. She left her hand out there, hesitating to shake his. "I may not have the head for business... but I know better than to agree to something before hearing you out one hundred percent..." She retracted her hand and crossed it back over her chest. "You've got my curiosity, so go ahead and spill. I like the way this is sounding so far...."
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am

The manager kept his easy smile, even when the woman pulled her hand away. Placing his own extended hand into his pocket nonchalantly, he'd continue to smile. "Someone has been watching too many movies, it seems. I couldn't care less about having your soul, Gakki Masami. It already belongs to your music." Mr. Guido spoke with a calm tone like her comment had not fazed him whatsoever. This was true, however. Guido didn't care much about taking souls, he simply believed in loyalty. "When I speak of loyalty, I am simply saying you will give it your all for the record label, and will listen to what I tell you. As long as you agree to this, I will guarantee you that your popularity will skyrocket. You could say your music will become a supernatural hit for millions across the world. Of course, starting in our very own Ueitawa." The Manager would press his shades back up onto the narrow of his nose, while keeping his easy smile in place. "Ultimately the choice is yours, Gakki Masami. But if you refuse, I wonder how long it'll take for you to regret one of the most important decisions of your life.. After all, the music industry is one of the hardest to succeed in. If you do not take this offer, we could easily find another. That, sadly, is how business works in this day and age. I'll ask one last time, would you like to do business here?"Guido would remove is hand from his pocket and extend it towards the young woman once more. Now it was her decision. She could take the deal or refuse it.
Back to top Go down
Masami Gakki

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:25 am

She grinned at his reply. "Really? That's all? Hell, you could've just said that in the first place." She smirked and almost immediately shook his hand the next time he extended it. "You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Guido. I just wanted to know all the details is all. Lets face it. I came in here today to try and convince you that I was worth your time, not the other way around. So, how do we get started?" She keept her grip on his hand as long as seemed necessary. She may not know much about business, but she gots the feeling that Mr. Guido was the kind of man who appreciated a strong, firm, and dedicated handshake when making a deal like this.
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:52 pm

The moment she shook his hand and the deal became official, Gakki Masami would feel a strange sensation throughout her body. It was almost like a heat flash, as she'd feel rather faint through the next few seconds. She would be able to hear a voice within her skull, not belonging to that of the Manager. No, this voice belonged to her newly bestowed Persona that was implanted with just a shake of a hand. Another side effect of this handshake would be the potential to see the doorways to Limbo, and as such the young woman would be able to see the open doorway slightly behind that of Guido's frame. Throughout this whole event, the dark haired man kept his usual smile upon his face. "Welcome to our family, Gakki Masami. Allow me to show you around your new home." Taking a step back, the man would walk into the doorway leading into Limbo and would await the female to follow. From here, he'd explain things about the alternate world, and about the strange power she had gained from becoming partners with his industry. Guido expected her to be rather surprised, but little did he know this wasn't the first time she had been within Limbo. His explanation would be used to simply fill her in on the world that she didn't already know. He would also make sure to tell her how this new power of hers could enhance her music aswell. One thing was certain though, she was no longer just another artist looking to make it to the big leagues.

[We can end it here and have him explain this all off screen. I don't want to waste your time. You have your Tainted Persona now, and the potential unlocked]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masami Gakki Awakening   Masami Gakki Awakening Empty

Back to top Go down

Masami Gakki Awakening
Page 1 of 1