Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Playing With Fire

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 pm

At first, he was at a complete loss upon seeing Zachary and Joshua's reaction. The latter was quite...eloquent in his displays of surprise, anger or any emotion whatsoever, so the lack of control was not really too outstanding, considering his previous behavior in battle. But Zachary's...that truly got his attention. Once he looked far away outside, Shunnosuke finally understood what happened to be shocking enough to erase that annoying self-assured smile from the gangster's lips.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 IigUJXt

The vision... What in hell was that?? Demons getting agitated all of a sudden when, the moment before, they seemed to be peaceful — as far as peaceful applies in a nearly apocalyptic context —  could only mean one thing: something went wrong, horribly wrong. He realized that. But he wasn't aware of the exact dimensions of it. The little earth shakes, he fact Zachary remarked how demons were not under his control anymore... Shunnosuke payed attention to all this. And still, what truly made him feel like a huge abyss opened right under his feet was the distant sight of a mountain-sized...thing, whatever that was, in Penecia.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 9llDBi7

Of all places, Penecia. His home. Home of his family. His grandfather and grandmother, his mother, Alfred, the always so faithful chauffeur, Dorothy, the doting maid... All of them lived there. All of the ones he learned to truly, deeply care about. — P...enecia... — Suddenly, everything else seemed to matter little to none. Saving Yumi, searching for her was not relevant anymore. Trying to talk to Lune and dissuade her from the stupid idea of aligning with Zachary didn't matter as well.  Interfering with the strife between the drug dealer and Isla? Not important. Even the mention of Rinna's name, a name he didn't forget because that's how vengeful and spiteful Shunnosuke could be, was not worth grimacing in a clear demonstration of disdain. He should have seen this happening. He should have returned to Penecia soon after fighting that female-looking demon from the Prison. Darn it!

Shunnosuke's face slowly turned to Zachary as if he was in pure pain after receiving the strongest of the low blows...as if he had completely lost it, as if he was scared. Threatening him was one thing he could handle, even if he feared it inside... but risking the lives of his loved ones... That was even lower. — ...Zachary... You do know what's that...and how to stop it... don't you? How?... — It sounded like a pledge rather than his regular high-and-mighty, self-confident behavior that's so typical of Shunnosuke. But he was in no position to pose grandiose right now. If it meant for him to play by Zachary's cards to save the islands...he'd do it without questioning.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Joshua could only stare at the monstrosity that was outside at Penecia. The pit continued to deepen more and more. He bit his lip to force it from overtaking him. This wasn't like it was the first time he saw a gigantic monstrosity before. Nesoi was huge. But this one, probably just as huge. Even with his shock, he could still hear what Zachary was saying.

This was the leader of the demons? She certainly looked like she wasn't going to disappoint at all. Joshua had wondered what exactly pissed her off, but at least there was actually something that even didn't go according to the drug lord's plans.

"The only thing that girl and I share is that we care about Rinna," Joshua shot back at Zachary with a glare, "In our own way. I am not naive enough to put all my trust on you just so that I can be led by the nose by you until my usefulness ends."

What Zachary said about next about his family, immediately caused Joshua's eyes to turn into an amber gold. There was cold fury in those eyes, but he was staying composed in appearance. Yet, his words held something else. But first, he told Simon, "If you have any words to say to him. Say them now."

He'd stay silent for his friend to have his say. Once he was done, he'd begin.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Aim46ZK

"My family were busy being Asian and beating my ass for not getting A's in class. Y'know. The usual Asian shit. But hey, two years ago I was cursing my whole way through when I dealt with Ananke and the Father of the Primordials, Nesoi. Last time I checked, Rinna and I saved some of your men from being completely slaughtered by the former back in the Academy and helped get rid of the fucking Primordials from Standasen Stadium with Simon. Yeah. I think I'm going to keep saying whatever the fuck I want. What the fuck have you done two years ago other than sitting with a thumb up your ass and sending a group of your coke-addled minions to be buttfucked by Ananke in the Academy? Also now you fucking care about Standasen? Oh right, I guess you would since Isla would just shut down your tweaker business down. Wouldn't that be a shame?"

He looked back with the same eyes back at Adiyna. After hearing what the panda-headed boy had to say, Joshua mockingly laughed at him.

"Trouble? And you're actually fucking okay with that excuse? Give me a break. Here I thought the Azores government two years ago was pathetic. You pretentious asshats suddenly place yourselves as some higher authority because it is apparently your job to protect all worlds. And yet here you guys are. Doing the complete opposite of what you were hired to do like YumiAmi and one of your own brought in an army of demons to fuck up our world. So your leader fails to practice oversight over the actual people he hired to make sure they're actually doing their job or not because of some laissez faire bullshit? Come the fuck on. If that's not incompetence, I sure as hell don't know what it is. You handle with people's lives and yet you all have the arrogance to claim yourselves as our protectors. Gee, that sure would've sounded nice if you were actually here two years ago. Maybe more lives would've been saved. Oh right, I guess we were one of those "hard choices" back then, huh?"

Jesus Christ. What's with people trying to put themselves as the boss around things and try to swinging around what authority they have? Joshua didn't mind authority, so as long as they did their actual job. If they couldn't, then they were trash.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 WPamFel

"So you still don't fucking know what's going on. Then what the hell are you even doing here with Zackary?"

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:14 am

Zackary's attempt at dodging the question didn't go unnoticed. "They told me enough about you to know there's something special about you." -- what a shitty answer. It was dreadfully vague and only served to arouse suspicion in Azami's heart. Whatever he knew about her, it was clear he was intent on keeping it a secret from her. The woman briefly considered pressing him further on it, but ultimately she decided there was no point. He'd probably just avoid answering it again or make something up off the top of his head. After all, he clearly had to have some incentive for dancing around it as he did. So, playing the fool, Azami would keep quiet and simply listen to him without protest. She had gotten something out of it at the very least: a piece of information that could prove valuable. It seemed that Zackary's informant was on a manhunt for her and, considering the fact that the last member of the thirteen she'd encountered other than Adiyna was on a mission to take her life, perhaps it'd be in her best interest to avoid letting this person find her.

And then it happened.

The ground quaked and the faces of those around her turned grim. Something was going down and it didn't bode well in the slightest. Azami would turn her eyes to meet the same sight the others were looking toward and, upon seeing it, would immediately pale at the sight of it. All this supernatural stuff was unfamiliar to her, but nothing she had encountered looked as powerful as that. She began to doubt herself. Could she really stop something like that? Could it even BE stopped? Just as fear was beginning to swell up inside of her though, Bhima decided to chime in.

"Are... you a fool? Have... you learned... nothing?"

His voice echoed in the back of her mind as she began to recall the words of the other her from that strange dream.

"Soon when the calamity falls you will play an integral role in taking back the islands that belong to you."

"Your home is far more important than any world."

"Humans, Gods and Demons alike are nothing without you, the only one who can stand up to this cause."

The confidence she had lost returned to her at a rapid rate. Her eyes continued to gaze at the towering, eldritch figure, but no longer with fear. They were filled with determination, with resolve, and with hunger. She could stop it. She WOULD stop it. An entity like that simply couldn't be left to do as it pleased. Not only were people's lives at stake, but perhaps the entire islands themselves. And as much she wanted answers, an immediate threat like that couldn't be ignored.

"If what you're saying is true then it's troubling news. Isla may have good intentions, but I can't in good conscience let a plan like that go through. Not unless it's absolutely necessary. But," her mouth would curl into a frown before continuing, "San Malarus is my home. I have family there. And bringing down that dome wouldn't be any different than what Isla's doing unless you can guarantee the safety of the civilians that live there." She'd allow Zackary to respond to this if he so wished, but regardless of what he said she'd finish on the same note. "I need time to collect my thoughts before I decide on anything. Besides, we need to take care of that thing before we give thought to anything else."

Azami was ready to depart, but there was something she needed to clear up first. Before she could, however, Joshua started a tirade. She couldn't say she blamed him, but right now pissing off Zackary was the least of her priorities. "That's enough." The Wild Card interjected loudly before he could finish. It seemed, ironically, that their roles had switched. Just a mere moment ago he had played the voice of reason and stopped her from squabbling with Shunnosuke. Now it was her turn to do the same to him.

"Joshua, was it? I understand you're upset and I can't exactly blame you for it. I would be too in your situation. But we have enough on our plates as it is. Pissing off Zackary won't help you find who you're looking for. All it'll do is add another problem to the pile." She warned the young man in a calm, composed tone. Hopefully he'd heed her advice. The last thing she needed was him mucking things up. That being said, however, it was Zackary whose favor she was trying to maintain. If Adiyna expected Azami to give a shit about what did or didn't offend him after such a pathetic explanation then he was in for a rude awakening.

"Even if you're telling the truth, there's no excuse for this. You're thieves masquerading as protectors at worst and failures who damn the worlds they try to save at best. So scram. Help from people like you is worse than no help at all."

Following that she'd ignore Adiyna entirely and turn her focus back to Zackary. Even if he fired back a rebuttal or an insult, he'd find no response and instead would be met with a dismissive silence. She had better things to do than bicker with some kid in a panda hoodie and he'd find that out for himself if he tried to instigate some kind of argument or debate with her over what she had said.

"So Zackary, you said that's the one who's controlling the demons, right? If we kill it, or her, or whatever I should be calling that thing, wouldn't that just make matters worse? With their master dead and no means of controlling them, what's to stop them from simply going on a rampage and doing as they please?"

"You said something about Isla having a contract with a demon, if I recall correctly. What exactly did you mean by that? Could we potentially use the same method on that creature?"
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:18 am

Now, finally they were getting somewhere. Some real information he could use. And honestly, he could, in a way, sympathise with Zachary's goals. He wanted to protect his home, just like the rich kid did... And Phalanx, while not necessarily caring much for the islands as a whole, if he could get access to all the islands, and ridding San Malarus of that dome, the better for him. Besides, these... people Zachary mentioned might become an issue to him later down the road anyway. He'd look towards Shun, his mortified expression being everything he needed to know what was going on inside him... because his attitude towards Zachary changed so dramatically. Being cocky in one moment, and then suddenly becoming very submissive... There was obviously something on Penecia that mattered to him. Friends? Family? None of his concern, but if that meant he'd stand down in front of Zachary, all the better.

The Android's gaze returned to face Zachary. He'd given him information that he could use... but not everything needed. "Sure... I'll bite. Where are these... supposed allies of Isla located then?" Right now, he felt like his other allies were doing the wrong thing. Zachary was not someone you made an enemy with at this paticular point in time. He'd turn towards Azami. "You plan on taking that thing down? Azami, I'd reconsider that if I were you. YumiAmi was already strong enough as is, and that thing seems to be ten times worse. I don't know what he told you, but I'd suggest not throwing your life away this early. You JUST NOW got this power of yours no? Then pray tell, what chance to do you have against that, if you had trouble even standing up to YumiAmi on your own? If need be, I'll teach you a lesson about your own mortality. Just because you have this unique power doesn't mean you're ready to face monsters like those just yet. If you think you're ready to deal with that, then by all means. But you have to go through me first." He had no doubt in Shun's ability to deal with it, on the other hand. And besides, who was he to deny him the ability to fight for his own home.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 7bd3a35b1157d7bddd9be64f09c7cffa
"You'll have your chance in due time, Azami. But that's not now. Don't be a fool. Don't make me strike you down right where you stand. Because trust me... I will."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:26 am

Zackary looked at Shunnosuke. "Running off to fight them is hardly something only I would know. There's probably someone there now pissing her off if that had to happen." He then turned to Joshua who was on his little soapbox and began to chuckle. "You can talk all you want about how I have done nothing, but you were here earlier, and whined about how only one thing mattered to you. Saying that then crying because of the way I do things is a little double-standard no? What I do I am doing for the world, and all worlds. You are just too narrow-minded to understand, like most people who hate those who work outside or above the law." Honestly were all of these kids just brazen and hungry for action? At the very least Shunnosuke seemed to have a heart worthy of something. Before he could continue however, Adiyna seemed to glow a strange shade of purple. Adiyna took a long look at Joshua before their body started to change...

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_mwzdycRSP81r6gnqvo1_500

First his eyes began to glow, and he suddenly grew taller, like a growth spurt long overdue had suddenly kicked in. His growth was rather graceful, like a metamorphoses. However, along with that, he suddenly got strange additions. The lines of his faces got smoother, and his eye color changed.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 DzmEvl78oxy1a3HOQgrhV5gG9o2mhTC6NwXfEIJpFSLkAlfOs93AYSTbiABjB4XWka9TiQ

Lewis stared with awe, and Simon took a step back as the young "man" suddenly appeared with breasts protruding from their body...

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_mlggx6DOIu1qzqnxxo2_400

The "woman" 's hair grew. She was turning into everything that biologically described a female. Simon might have turned away if the sight wasn't so oddly captivating. It was as though the transformation itself wanted to be seen and noticed, as the woman looked at her nails, then back at Joshua. She then walked towards him, looking directly into his eyes.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_mtr62rWDZd1sf044no2_500

"I agree, Adiyna thinks more than he acts. But so do you. If you have paid any attention to what he said, you'd know that Azores is the prime world that will be affected, so where else would I be? You really as stupid as you are cute...in a nerdy please-don't-notice-me way." The woman said. And then she sent her hand right across his face with enough strength to if not floor him at least cause him to stumblr. Not only did her appearance change, but her personality did a complete 180, from thinking and talking, to confrontational and rude. And yet she hadn't lost her grace in either appearance, like she carried a twisted form of authority. Was Adiyna even human? Simon recoiled and instinctively took out a crowbar, while Lewis scratched his head. "Wonderful, more strange abominations of nature..." Adiyna turned to Lewis, with an offended look. "If abominations were as lovely as I, you wouldn't be calling them that."

Zackary laughed entertained. At least someone was enjoying a new face to look at...though his laugh turned back to a neutral glance to Azami. "Tamara could never be bound by a contract. First she has to be subdued, but to that I say good luck. If you had hard times taking on my new friend, then what makes you think Tamara will be any better? Not to mention she'll probably see more help along the way...but since you guys wander with nothing to do, I can tell you one is at Lunapa, chatting up the big Tree. The other has no specific location, but I know they are still on the islands somewhere. I plan to make sure YumiAmi won't leave myself. If you want, I can offer my own kind of help, and let Analee come. She seems to like you." He glanced at Joshua, while Adiyna stomped the ground to catch his eyes. "You interrupt me? Anat is not someone that is simply talked over by swine," she said, beginning to walk over to him, though Zackary would smirk. The woman stopped and scowled. "You are stronger than you look. I wonder how you got to where you did today..."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:41 am

Playing With Fire - Page 2 1xUJa

Azami could feel his heart wrench as the feeling from before pulsed. It was a strange feeling. It seemed to resonate with those around him, with a feeling that they fit into Azami in some way, yet with Adiyna?, it seemed to repel them, like what she felt was something that repelled them. It wasn't harmful and the woman didn't seem to react; but it was a subtle sensation that whatever they were, Azami like YumiAmi before, was pushing against it, like two similarly poled magnets.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:55 pm

So...someone else was already there in Penecia causing that demon's appearance? Shunnosuke glanced back to the sight that made him pale — that is, paler than his already frail complexion. This...anguish feeling building up inside... Was his family safe, he wondered? That was mostly his primary concern right now. And quite frankly, his mood was so distressed he didn't even consider to pay attention to the further bickering exchange between Joshua and Zachary, Azami and Adyina. Both of his team mates were far from being rational right now, but Shunnosuke didn't meddle in. If it was their choice to engage in fruitless, heated arguments instead of worrying about the bigger threat, then he didn't know what was he supposed to do with these people. He did feel bad for Adyina getting humiliated by Azami's rudely bold nature, though. The guy seemed to be reliable — more reliable than YumiAmi, at least.

...?? Something was wrong with him. Then again, what else was truly right about these Zodiacs guys? Shunnosuke frowned, retreating one step closer to Lewis's company while he couldn't tear his eyes away from the panda-hood guy. Or...what used to be a guy, because the one who came right after had no masculinity trace whatsoever. The Kurosawa had seen quite a number of gross events in the course of the last years, but...nothing like this. At this point, he didn't understand anything at all, and it all felt like a very surreal dream where everything is possible: from giant-sized monsters to instant sex reassignment surgeries, going thru an unattractive, obsessive nerd like Joshua gaining some recognition from unknown females... When did reality start getting so loose? When did the boundaries start to break...? Was it even worth it to question exactly what's happening? He wasn't sure if he should care anymore, for anything besides hurrying to Penecia. Lewis and Simon didn't seem to voice up concerns at all, perhaps as mesmerized as him, while the other three young Children were too absorbed within the cantankerous demeanor he wouldn't interfere with. Curse the time he decided to meet with these people... — ...argh, I don't have time for this. The three of you can do whatever strikes your fancy, but I advise you to start using the grey mass inside your skull that's usually called a brain. If you — And by "you", he meant specifically Azami. — care about your life as you seemed to, judging by how you were oh-so-scared of letting Yumi alive, then you should start paying attention to what Zachary and Mr. Bicentenary Man are saying instead of chasing your own death sentence recklessly. — It was her choice after all, and whatever Azami decided to do, Shunnosuke would just shrug and not pay too much mind to it. He really meant his words, but he also had his own objective right now, and once he was done with the Chaos Wild Card, his glance focused on Zachary's face for a small, silent while, as if he was hesitating or thinking carefully on something to say before he actually said it: — ...so that's the name of that disgusting thing, isn't it? Very well... I'm heading to Penecia right now. Is there anything I should know about this Tamara demon you haven't told me yet? — One small pause and his serious countenance hardened a bit in his own insecurities... — You said you wanted to protect the islands, that means we do have the same goal. Though I honestly doubt your intentions, if cooperating with you may be for the best... I'm willing to assist. — After all, "A murderer would team up with a saint if it meant they could do something that benefited them both".
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Joshua sneered at Zachary's reply and simply laughed at him.

”Double standards? Of course, I’m going to have fucking standards because you’re the one making it hard for me to even trust you if you’ll ever tell me anything about Rinna. Your job description is the very definition of shady ass backstabbing. What’s going to fucking stop you from just leading me along without ever telling me and that you’d just dump me to the side once I use up my usefulness? I came to Standasen hoping that you guys might have the gratitude for saving your asses two years ago. But I guess that doesn’t matter to you now that you can play demagogue and wannabe usurper. I sure as hell would’ve been completely onboard to help you out since I don’t like the law either, but you fucked it up now. Honestly whoever has the power to the islands, I don’t give a shit because nothing’s going to ever change anyway.”

Then Azami cut in, causing him to furrow his brows at her. She had a point, which he loathed to acknowledged. He only nodded, but winced at an ache in his skull as if it was a signal to turn off. The amber in his eyes died down and soon he was calm again. For now. But he still had more to cover.

”I’m going to make this clear. I’m no goody-two shoes and I sure as hell fucking hate any government if they have been proved inept, corrupt, or both. And so far, I see inept for the Azores administration. I was going to be sympathetic to your cause. But, you just had Analee attack Simon and me earlier back in the rally out of bumfuck nowhere. Supernatural powers aren’t meant to be shown off without prior knowledge or mutual consent, unless you’re aiming to kill. Y’know, like handling a gun. And now you want us to work with you or even to start trusting you. On top of that, you’re desperate or else we wouldn’t be talking right now. I still remember how you told me you have more than enough muscle under your disposal. I guess you want to conserve your forces so that you can fight the major battle at San Malarus? Why else would you want the demons’ help? It’s funny. I offered my help to you earlier for Rinna. Now you want it? Fine. Then you better understand this. If anything happens to her, I’m going to finish the Primordial’s job two years ago.”

Joshua would notice the one known as Adiyna staring at him.

"What do you want, twerp--the heeeeeelllll?!"

His jaw dropped at the indescribable transformation taking place and its very result. Once there was a little boy with a panda-esque hat, now in his place was a rather marvelous woman. Joshua was still busy being in the state of shock. He had figured he was going to stop being surprised, but at the rate things are going, he probably won't be any time soon. Joshua was about to snap out of it, just as she slapped him. He shouted in surprise and nearly tumbled over.

WHAT?! What the hell?" he pointed an accusing finger at her while angrily blushing, ”A-aren’t you the dumbass? If you’re so goddamn worried about the Core, then what does a petty struggle between a bureaucratic cunt and a faggot drug lord matter to you and to the rest of your friends? Why are you even here with us talking to Zachary who’s evidently not going to tell you anything. What? You planned on blowing him now that you’re like this?”

He listened to what else Zachary had to say and gave a curt nod, ”Sure. I wanted a word with her anyway.”

Right now, this… thing with a female figure warranted his attention. And not arousal kind, but mistrust and fear. But, his attention was wrenched away again by the conversation between Azami and Phalanx. This Azami was out of her mind, everyone certain should know by now. He frowned at this strange sensation that happened soon after, but ignored it.

”If you two are going to fight, do it outside. Anywhere, but here. I doubt the drug lord here would appreciate messing up this place. And I don’t want him getting involved,” Joshua told them both. He wasn’t saying this for Zachary’s sake. But rather, he didn’t want to give him a chance to take Azami. Hopefully Shunnosuke and the others would also support him if Zachary even tried. Joshua didn’t really care that much about Azami, but she was the key to all of this and perhaps to use against Zachary. But first he needed to understand what role she has around here. ”I’ll say this right now. It’s almost as scary as Nesoi and even I wouldn’t want to go near that thing. You’re just going to die like a fucking moron and that’s coming from an idiot like me.”

But then there was Shunnosuke who’s going to head out for Penecia and is apparently going to help out Zachary like he’s going to. He honestly hoped they wouldn’t split up so easily. But someone had to deal with that monstrosity. And it was going to be by people with Ultimate personas. Joshua looked back at Simon and gave him a nod.

”You probably want to go help him out. You’re stronger than most of us here and you actually give a damn about the islands. We can meet up where we first met when I came back to the islands today. It’s up to you. Just call me up. But if things go bad, run. Don't be a hero. Remember we're looking for Rinna,” he told the former angel as he was referencing back to the school. The Nyarlathotep Child would exchange numbers with him if he hasn't already.

Then Joshua finally told Zachary, ”What’s your number? It’d be a lot convenient if we can talk over the phone when needed.”
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 am

Azami felt a sudden urge to roll her eyes as almost everyone around her began chastising her for even thinking of going after Tamara. Part of her couldn't blame them. After all, were she in their position she would likely have had the same reaction... or at least something similar. Regardless, their warnings meant little to her. "I could have handled YumiAmi myself. Your assistance was welcome, but ultimately unnecessary. And as for objecting to sparing her," she paused and turned her attention specifically to Shunnosuke, "don't mistake caution for fear. I'm not some omniscient goddess who can tell where she is and what's she doing at all times. And let's not forget that she's not alone in her mission. Would you like Tamara over there to know all about your performance in combat, your capabilities, your strengths, your weaknesses? Yumi saw them firsthand on the battlefield. If she got free there'd be nothing stopping her from blabbing all about them to your enemies. But I digress. No matter how much you or I explain our reasoning or our motivations, nothing will change. You'll still insist you did the right thing and I'll still insist you made a mistake."

"I can handle myself, so don't waste your time feigning concern over a stranger's life."

She was almost finished, but there was one more objection that particularly caught her attention. The robot raised its voice as well. But he didn't merely stop at warning her. No. He threatened the use of force. Azami turned to meet Phalanx's gaze and glared at him. "Is that a threat Tin Man?" The woman would ask with narrowed eyes as her hair blew lightly in the wind. She stared at him but soon enough her focus would be diverted from him to another.  

Azami raised an eyebrow at Adiyna as "he" transformed into what might as well have been another person entirely. "He" seemed to have not only changed in appearance, but also in sex and personality. It wasn't something she expected to see but, just like with the revelation that Phalanx was a robot, it didn't prompt as surprised of a reaction as it normally would have -- although after seeing the monstrosity that was Tamara, it was only natural this would prove underwhelming to her. A strange sensation came over her and, fixating her attention on the Zodiac, she'd silently observe Adiyna/Anat with a frown spread across her face.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_n6tbv1cmK81rklpabo1_500
"...You're lying, aren't you?"

Azami began walking toward Anat with the same suicidal overconfidence that drove her to want to pursue Tamara. Inch by inch the gap between them would shorten and all the while the Wild Card would speak her piece without hesitance or reluctance. "You talk about protecting our world and about how you're oh-so-very concerned, but it's just that: talk. The one responsible for the demon invasion, one of your own I might add, is in clear sight and yet instead of pursuing her or mobilizing your group to formulate some kind of strategy, you spend time giving dirty looks to Zackary and throwing a pity party over how hard your job is. But that's not too out of the norm, is it? I don't know what happened two years ago, but when Joshua accused you of not doing a damn thing you didn't object in the slightest. I thought our world dying would cause the death of countless others, but apparently it didn't matter to you or any of your friends enough to bother intervening."

"And when entire worlds disappear or die it's the fault of this 'Core' that we're supposed to believe exists based solely off your word. Where's the evidence? What proof do you have to back up your claims? Oh, but I forgot, you don't have to justify your actions or methods because you're essentially a bunch of random strangers who do as they please without any oversight. Yeah, real dependable. I feel so safe knowing I can count on you."

"Maybe you've fooled everyone else, but I see right through you thief. I know exactly what you're up too. You're trying to steal life from our world for yourself. When we fought YumiAmi she talked all about her intentions. She told us about how she wanted to reclaim her old life -- how she had to make sure this world died in order to do so. It's the same for the rest of you, isn't it? You're all parasites... every last one of you!"

At this point the distance between the two would practically be nonexistent. Unless Anat decided to walk away from her, Azami would be standing directly in front of her. She wasn't hostile, at least not at the moment, but the look in her eyes would clearly express she had no intention of backing down.

"This is a warning vulture: get out of my world. You and your friends aren't wanted here. All you've brought is trouble and strife. Leave. And as for you Zackary," she turned her focus to him, but kept an eye on Anat for any sudden movements, "I had my reservations about joining you. But the fact that the thief here has a bone to pick with you speaks volumes."

"For the sake of our world, I'd like to offer you my assistance."
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Even Phalanx raised his eyebrows in suprise at Adiyna's sudden transformation. While not as... extreme as say Joshua's was, his suprise still showed. The words of this... creature, was certainly interesting. Not only did the "Boy's" appearance change... his personality seemed to have changed too. And not necessarily in a good way. He'd rest his hand on Joshua's shoulder. "Calm down, okay? Remember, we're here to talk, not to fight." He'd say in a calming voice. Joshua certainly needed to get a grip of himself before things spiraled out of control. And of course, this Adiyna seemed stronger than YumiAmi was... much stronger.

To Azami, he'd give her a little grin. The "insult" wasn't really doing much, but her confidence was staggering. Did she really think she could stand up to that abomination on Penecia Island?

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_mi54c0mD5Z1rskt32o2_500
"Heh. So what if it was? I'd suggest you'd at least listen to the rest of us."

To Joshua, he nodded. "If she wishes to fight, we'll do so on street level." Besides, it was safer for the two of them. That way, none of them could fall off and actually be incapacitated for weeks.

"You can count me in as well, Zachary."
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Zackary nodded to Joshua. "Good point, you don't know if I'm leading you on. But since my specialty is helping others help me, why would I not try to give any kind of incentive? I wasn't lying when I said that usefulness to me gets me talking. So prove it, and I will happily tell you what you need to know. Analee coming with you is enough of my good will right? She will show up and follow behind you when she's ready. Right now she's a little busy." He said.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Tumblr_o4xsd1xqB01tlazn5o1_500

When Joshua got suddenly flustered, Anat grabbed at his ear and pulled it hard enough to bring him forward. "What's going on affects this world, and when it falls, others will too. But the source of the problem is here, and what lurks below. Some of us are below checking it out actually. Just trust that some things are bigger than you know, if you really know what you're doing." She let him go, and kept her stern glare, up until Azami grabbed her attention. "No, I did not object, but I had nothing to do with two years ago. Back then you were protected by demigods, and in fear of starting any kind of cosmic war, we left Azores to its own fate. I can't say what YumiAmi's goals were, cause that wasn't what Adiyna was told to do, but she probably has something else on her mind. Perhaps talking to her would have been preferable." Then she was told to leave Azores. She simply did not have much to say, if anything at all. She glanced at Zackary. Simon stepped forward. "If we don't at least keep going what else can we do? Fight until we die and not know what the point of it is? It's foolish in my opinion. We can distrust her, but let's wait until we know more until we fight. Siding with him is not on my to-do list though..." he said, looking at Zackary warily. He didn't like being so obviously strung, but what other choice did he have? Lewis ran a hand over his face like he was exasperated. Regardless, he would join Shunnosuke where he went, but it all mattered how they split from here and where to go. Zack cleared his throat loudly to get everyone's attention, and would reach into his jacket to pull out a small radio. "Since this feud is done. Someone take this. It has a private communication with me, and I will answer it if you need me. I'm sure you all are a lot smarter than you think. You'll know what to do," He would hand it to whoever volunteered and allowed them to converse.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:10 pm

He figured Azami would be reckless and pay little mind to his own piece of advice. Well, not his problem. He had no intentions of pampering a grown-up girl, he was not her parent anyway. He despised her unusual confidence and the way she talked like she was above everyone and everything, despite not truly having the power to back her demeanor up. In any event, once the last piece of information from Adyina and Zachary himself were given and both of them were done, he made the first step and took the small radio the leader offered for himself.

It's what it is. It's what we have for today, Simon. My loyalty is not easily delivered to anyone, but I'll make due with what's within our reach... I'm not asking anyone to follow my decisions, anyway, so if aligning with him is too much for you, then I ask you to make company to your darling friend. — Shunnosuke referred to Joshua, of course, making it clear after Simon's statement and the unbelieving look on Lewis's face that this "alliance" was not set in stone. He could understand why both were wary. He wasn't truly sure if siding with Zachary for now was a good choice. He didn't trust the man either. Not at all. Shunnosuke could tell that he's a snake.... but if there's one thing he learned these years, ever since his regular middle school years, was "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". It's better to have Zachary on his side as a temporary ally than against him from the get-go as a permanent enemy, even if mutual trust was out of league. — My business here is done. Let's move on, Lewis... — He silently glanced a little longer to the trio (Azami, Joshua and Phalanx), as if something was on his mind. Last but not least, he gave one last look to Zachary before directing his pace to the exit, should no one interrupting him. It was gonna be a loooong way back to Penecia and the small break from a tiring walk was over...

( Exit. )
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Joshua blinked as he felt Phalanx's hand on his shoulder. For all his anger spouting out today, it was really starting to cool off a bit more. He nodded in affirmative. But he was getting annoyed how they're going to waste time fighting, both Phalanx and Azami. Though if it's to get her to face reality, then it's what they're going to do.

He glared at Zachary, but it didn't matter. For now, words would have to be kept. What did any of his business matter? All he wanted is Rinna. So for now, he'll comply as he gave a curt nod... which was suddenly pulled to the side and causing Joshua yelp at the sudden jerk.

"What the fu--! Stop touching me, Christ! What's with you?!" he howled in pain as he attempted to pull her pinching fingers from his ear. But he did ignore the pain to listen what she had to say and it just didn't do enough to make him trust her. Instant relief and sore pain arrived just as he was busy rubbing his palm against his ear. Despite it, he still listened to what Anat had to say. Demi-gods? Did she mean the Angels? Whatever the case, it looks like he has more to talk about with Simon.

Speaking of Simon, Joshua would sympathize how he felt. The Nyarlathotep Child didn't want to fight in any side in all honesty. But given the government's ineptitude and the lack of other leads, it looked like they didn't have a choice. "You and me both, Simon. But we're out of options here. So, let's just get it over with. We can always deal with him if he ever goes back on his word."

He gave another glare back at Zachary before taking the radio for himself and pocketing it. Joshua nodded at Shunnosuke. He honestly didn't envy his situation. It was a fool's errand. But he evidently had a home to defend and no one can fault him for that.

"Alright. You watch yourself. Let's stay in contact though if anything happens," Joshua said to him before pulling out his phone and then exchanged numbers with Shunnosuke before allowing him to leave.

Now with that done, he looked back at Phalanx and Azami.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 Bq11dxB

"So. You two are going to go at it now? I want to get this over with. So let's go."

He started to leave, expecting everyone to follow him. Joshua nodded at Simon and gave one glance at Anat and Zachary before leaving. Though on the other hand, he did keep an eye on Azami. She was starting to become more of a pain if she was this suicidal.

[Exit with Simon, unless stopped]

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:43 pm

So that was all she had to say for herself?

Azami would sigh and turn her attention to Simon as she walked away from Anat. "Relax. I'm not gonna waste time fighting her. Right now I've got bigger things to deal with. But I know for a fact what she's up to. A little birdie ensured that much. That being said..." She'd pause both in words and movement before looking over to Phalanx. "The same goes for you. I'm not going to waste time 'proving myself' to you or whatever. Penecia's at risk right now. I don't have time to dawdle about dueling with strangers." Just as the Wild Card finished speaking to him her body would suddenly begin to dissipate at a rapid rate. Glimmers of light seemed to flicker in the air and in the course of seconds a large swarm of black butterflies would shoot forward toward the door at a ridiculous speed. Azami had meant what she had said and, should she go unstopped, would make her exit -- moving fifteen feet away and presumably leaving the machine behind in the dust.

Action:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 pm

Playing With Fire - Page 2 FP3Je20

Upon Joshua walking towards the exit as he was already having a head start over Azami, his trained senses had picked up that something was flapping its wings and what the Nyarlathotep-align Wild Card had said. She just didn't learn. His reflexes caused him to act as his eyes turned an amber gold once more. Just as the butterfly mass that was Azami was trying to reach the exit, Joshua held up his right hand near his right cheek. Immediately, his spear was summoned in place. Doing so would take Azami off guard and additionally the distance was just about right that it wouldn’t allow Azami to dodge it since it appeared out of nowhere and so that its prongs would catch itself into her throat and cause her to stop in place while causing her body to suddenly jerk from the obstruction.

Because her strange ability was primarily meant for travel, a single attack should be able to force her to solidify into her normal form. However, Joshua didn’t stop there. Just as the spear caught her throat, he quickly twisted his body to face her while still having the spearhead stuck into her as he exerted more pressure through the entire movement and thrust the shaft to pin her down to the floor where she couldn’t move. During all of this Yamato-Takeru would be summoned to Joshua’s left as he was shaking his head at her while she choked.

Playing With Fire - Page 2 LlVsMMg
”Big mistake.”

Before allowing Azami to do anything else, Yamato-Takeru would grasp her by the ankle very tightly. Joshua would let the spear release her neck, but the Tainted Persona’s grasp on her was in a vice-grip as it immediately tried to swing her up in the air and into the ground causing it to shake and crack. Not allowing her any time to recover, the Persona would swing her again to another side so that it would meet against the floor once more to make it shake again. At this point, she was likely knocked unconscious. But he let Yamato-Takeru to remain holding on to her ankle just in case she still had some fight in her as he summoned his spear once again.

”Stay down if you know what’s good for you. We’ll have a talk once you wake up again.”

Of course, if she made even a little twitch, he would immediately sink the spear into her torso for good measure. That is only if she tries to keep moving and resisting.

Human Strengths:

Action:

Stats:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing With Fire   Playing With Fire - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing With Fire
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next