Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Mist(Sharaku)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Sharaku would snort. ''I'd say almost everyone probably 'hates' this Event of theirs in some way of form. It was rather uncalled of them to just drop it on us with no warning, nor at least making sure we were agreeing with the idea. On the other hand, I think they believe it's alright to do this, and that we should actually be thankful for their help or so. I'd say that it's a problem of views, mostly. We and Angels are different spieces. We don't think in the same manner, therefore we don't really want the same. And assumptions only go so far.'' And if the Angels assumed humans were happily participating, then they were kind of wrong. Most of them took up the mantle because it was the only way to survive nowadays. That, and no one wants to see everything crumble around them like leaves blown all around by a gust of wind. ''Which of the Angels, if I can ask? I know about most of them, although I only met two face to face so far for real.'' He could see why would it be hard to agree with any. Most of their ideals were extreme in some way, and could turn out badly in the end. Without anything else to compliment them, as a standalone those Wishes were just...too strict to impose on people.

''They don't want to tell us all at once. I've been told by one of them once thet they can't tell me more than they had already, otherwise it would look like they're favoring us in the competition. Basically been told to find another Angels if we want to know something more. So techincally, yes, they are rather elusive.''
And it was proving to be a pain on top of everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Yeah. Everyone I work with hates it. I mean shit. it just dragged us all into this potential disaster we are stuck dealing with. With barely a hell of a way out. I dislike that their trying to act like we should feel entitled to them intervening. We had a good damn life I guess without them as it was.Well yes. Us and them are two very different people. Especially when they potentially have met alot of other species before.Who were the angels familiar with Nozomi wondered. THere wasn't much he could tell. He was beginning to question alot about them and frankly alot about the angel he had aligned himself under.

Well It's strange. Yeah they take this to weird extremes. First I met the radio tower angel. Though I didn't exactly agree with her wish. Then I found some temple in The alternate academy. Went inside it and met This israfel guy. he gives me a strange vibe. Talked about a world where the strong rule and the weak follow or something? Now at the time I was thinking his wish was something like. Then the strong could potentially shape the world for the better. So I aligned with him with a friend. Then when he told me his wish in full detail and how any wish would be executed.... Damn I cant honestly say I agree with any of them no matter what they all want. Forcing people to think a certain way or into a certain situation is not the way to go. Nozomi frankly was starting to not agree with anything and follow more of a route torwards "Lets just have a decent life now instead"With how elusive you make them out to be. I can understand it being a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Hm. In a way? ''I wouldn't say life was or is good for everyone. That would be wishful thinking. The world we have now sure isn't the best, nor are all humans. Regardless, they shouldn't have the right to meddle in our affairs without even so much as asking us or anything. It's true that Angels are apparently the ones that created us, but that shouldn't make us entitled to jump at their whims, I'd say.'' He had no idea if any other species were even involved. Aside from some Gods. If so, then it would be just another mystery to add to the list that was decently long by now.

He would hum a bit. So Israfel then? He was neutral about the guy, honestly. Sure, strength was an important part of humans, but it could also be destructive on its own. It wasn't the only way to deal with things. ''Israfel, yes. He wants a world of hierarchy, pretty much. But I think that could easily turn on itself. Once you have power, you don't want to give it up, right? I can easily see those at the top becoming greedy, and making sure that no one below them would get a chance to raise any higher. It wouldn't be fair to those that were not born actually strong already. People can easily become self absorbed snobs. Strenght and will are important for us to progress, yes, but there are many other things that balance it. Being strong shouldn't be the only requirement one needs to be above others.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''Actually, Israfel was the one that said he couldn't tell us too much and sent us to search for other Angels. That was back then when we saved him from demise during the incident that happened at Zela.'' He hadn't really seen Israfel since. ''I think that the Wishes only make sense when put together at once. Basically...each Angel seems to have given something to humans when we were created. Israfel himself said he was the one that gave humans willpower. Based on that...we are who we are because we have things from all of them, no? Then...if we only pick one side, we're basically throwing things away. We wouldn't really be the same species anymore after such a change. And I don't really like the idea of forcing it upon us either.'' It was just too messed up to truly work the way it was.

''They tend to be, yes. You don't get any serious information unless you push for it, and possibly risk your wellbeing if someone gets angry at you for being persistent.''
Which could be dangerous, but what other choice was there? Wait? And possibly die soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:54 pm

You ever wonder if the angels are the real bad guys as well sometimes? I mean think about it. Coming in and wanting us to feel good about having them around and expecting us to go quickly to them anyway. Especially with how their wishes can sound. Do all of them wanna influence the world that way? The angels as well seem to desire us to follow them. Except that radio tower one which just seems kinda neutral apparently.It was going on and on and this was all getting a bit confusing to Nozomi. Though solving this damn mystery and fixing everything was never going to be so damn simple either.

Well yeah I mean...Goddamnit he wants to basically force everyone into his way of thinking. Joining him I thought it wasn't gonna be like that... That aint freaking right. If that's how all the angels are I don't wanna be remotely associated with any of them. It just. It isn't something I can honestly say I'd follow Sharaku. Yeah strength is important but there are also so many other things that are important. That....That's what makes us US. Honestly all these damn angels from what your saying. Or atleast from what your saying about Israfel. Seem to just wanna be elusive and not really go full forth with their actions. Could you equate them to being perchance scared? I don't know how strong an angel is,but if the angels were reliant on humanity for this conflict their in persay...I wouldn't doubt the possibility of people being able to defeat the angels. I don't know of any other wishes besides the Tower angel and frankly Israfel. Though still. I guess I can agree with what your saying then yes.

Though....Sharaku. Have you yourself aligned with any angels?You don't sound like you would have at all. Yeah. To get information it takes risks. And frankly alot of strange shit to find anything close to an answer.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Well, not really. He didn't think the Angels as actually bad guy. He'd just say that they should probably take the time to learn more about humans before coming out with something as severe as this. Plus, show a bit more respect by giving a warning, or asking whether it was even welcome first, instead of just automatically expecting them to comply with what was being given. ''I think that they just don't have a clear understanding on the differences between us and them, and as to what exactly could their actions cause. I can see how being a higher being could make one a bit too overconfident in their ideals. So I don't think they are the bad guys. At least not intentionally. And I believe so. All of them want to redo the world and us in some way or form. The Angel in the Tower is just a bit different. I'm pretty sure she used to be a human in the past. That, and the Wish she has isn't really her own exactly. She took it on from someone. At first, she was just an observer of the Event.'' Angel was sort of an enigma in this all, even now.

''Hm, yes. I believe that is how it goes. If a Wish wins, they will sort of rewrite every human's mind to ensure that everyone actually follows it, regardless of what they may have wanted prior to that. Their ideology wouldn't really work otherwise. People would just rebel, and the Wish would be pointless very quickly. But it isn't right to mess with our values just like that.'' That really made them seem just like some items to be fiddles with. You can reprogram machinery, but they were actual living beings. It wasn't fair. ''I believe we can defeat them. That is kind of the point. If you honestly follow an Angel, you should do your best to defeat the other Angels so that the Wish of the one you follow is the one to win. It would be pointless if we did not have the capability.'' What would they be supposed to even do in that case? That would literally just be worthless in many ways. ''I know of some other Angels...but not all of their Wishes. The San Malarus Angel wants emotions to be the leading factor, and also something with peace. The one in Standasen seems to think the Event should be pushed to the future so that we can do it when we're more ready. The Angel of Malstu is dead, so I don't really know. And I only know the name of the one in Prison.'', he would shrug slightly. Lunapa and Penecia were still a blank page for now.

''Technically. I am with the Angel in the Tower, but I kind of decided to mostly follow my own rules. I want to test how much can be done. Actually, if you're with Israfel, that should kind of make us enemies.'', he would chuckle a bit. ''Although, I really don't care. There is no reason for me to fight someone unless they attack me. Or start pushing the Angel's ideals into my face way too much.'' That was just a waste of time and energy. ''It could always be worse, but yes, it is rather extreme.'' He was kind of used to being tossed around even from his past, but it was an annoyance regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Hm. The boy was at a bit of a loss for words at Sharakus words. Huh. He guessed there was alot to this he still did not understand.Perhaps yeah. They just.... They just ain't going about it in the right ways either. Instead nearly driving us against each other and going on all about their wishes which appear to be mostly a single aspect of us. Which sounds kinda terrible if remotley any wish succeeds when you consider it yes. The point is we're basically all of their wishes spewed together. And we should remain that way to say the least.... I can't say I agree with redoing the world.It was in that moment. Something changed within Nozomi. It was as if he felt his ideals changing into something different. What was this sensation?As if he had the largest Epiphany possible? It was as if he had to urgently tell Akina and the others his realization. Though e could not dash out now. It would strangely leave sharaku.

Could they all be reasoned with in a sense... Well. It doesn't make us enemies if I barely seem to care for Israfels wish Either. It just.. Ever since I found out how that wish would remotley work I feel detached from it. I barely know what to do in the situation. Now....I'd rather work to a point in time where we can just have everything plain and simple how it is now. The world was never perfect. What all of them seem to propose in your idea only potentially serves to make things worse. Honestly I just want this to be over with before this goes from bad to worse.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:16 pm

''Redoing the world would also be a bit pointless. We took a long time to make it into what it is. We would lose everything humanity has done on its own up till now if we messed with it too much like that. I'm not sure why the Angels believe that is the right way to go. It could easily backfire so bad, that life would be much worse than it is now.'' There were too many loopholes in this whole matter to not think of it as rather risky and worthless. Plus, it wasn't like humanity was so weak that it couldn't do anything on its own. Otherwise all humans would have been dead by now.

The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 CKde7XH

''Maybe, maybe not. But we can speak with them, therefore trying to reason is a possibility. It's worth a try, at least. Everyone seems to be more focused on the Primordials, but the Angels won't dissapear when we defeat the two, so we need to do something about them too. I don't really want to make enemies of more people or beings than truly necessary. Violence only breeds more violence in the end.'' It was enough that facing the Primordials was most likely a must to even live this. ''It can always get even worse...but if we manage to get enough people on the same, or at least similar page, perhaps it would be possible to end this all. No? The point is about enough people being for a Wish. If enough people want this Even to simply be over, maybe something can be done.'' Technically, Simon was doing that. But he did not agree with the guy's methods. There had to be a more peaceful way. Or at least less opressing than that. And less dangerous for innocent people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:35 pm

I guess your right once again. You seem to take everything into deep consideration. Even the possibility of your ideals potentially backfiring as well. I'm impressed.The boy was impressed by Sharakus Eloquence when he spoke and how he took the time to survey every situation and everything. He avoided rushes or anything Over the top. Favoring more practical judgement. Frankly this is someone Nozomi would prefer to be around. Someone that he woul dbenefit from the company of. Well then. Yes. Reasoning makes sense as well. We have to take care of both otherwise we're all screwed. Ignoring one front in favor of the othe rmay seem ideal. Though it will not do much about the situation. Yes I guess. If enough people all work together to just simply end all of this. Then we'd reach a verdict frankly that I could agree on persay. Though. I think I'm going to leave right about now. I got a few things to deal with really. It was nice talking with you. Your one of the most reasonable persons I have met so far.The boy would say walking away from Sharaku now. Sharaku served as a potentially helpful voice of reason to Nozomi. Judging from how his words altered his own way of thinking as it was. He was left with alot to contemplate as he would continue to walk away. Oh the places he had to stop by now.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Sharaku would huff. ''Maybe. But thinking so much is also a pain. In the end, a plan may still fail, no matter how well thought out it is.'' What was better anyway? Considering everything, or only some things? He didn't know really, but he somehow ended at philosophical talks most of the time for some reason. Even though he did not really like to make plans ahead of time. And he didn't, technically. It was always just what if, and didn't mean he would follow through one hundred percent in the end. Although, he generally didn't completely turn around either. Not without a solid reason. He could be whimsical, but not so much when the matter was truly on the serious side.

When he wanted to be, yes. He didn't always make a point of being reasonable. Then again, it depended on circumistance. But he did try a bit more nowadays. ''I can be many things.'', he would remark with a faint smirk. ''Have fun then.'' The guy seemed to have a habit of having to go do something. Same thing happened the last time they met. Ah well. Not his business. And he should probably be on his way too. He had nothing to do in Standasen. He had just walked by to see how the place changed since the last time he was here. Since it was kind of Thesis' base or so it appeared.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:59 pm

User's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mist(Sharaku)   The Mist(Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mist(Sharaku)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2