Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Building of a Shrine (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Akumu

Akumu

The Building of a Shrine (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:46 pm

It was rare for Akumu to actually allow himself to be visible to the normal eye as he stood within a more or less empty park looking around at the surroundings with a critical eye. Sitting on his shoulder invisible to all except those who knew how to see it was the Jester doll that had been created and taken a life of its own when Akumu had met Sharaku that Fateful day.

Ever since that meeting the small Jester had been praying to the higher spirits to be allowed to build a shrine in the physical world, so that perhaps as humans praised and paid tribute to it, it too could grow into a powerful spirit. At first, the higher spirits ignored the request, but after a while they gave into the small spirit’s request and allowed it to build.

As a result, Akumu was allowed to come outside of his usual realm to become the physical force for such a thing since the spirit itself could not touch the human world in the same way as a half being such as himself could. In any case, Akumu had the job of finding a place the spirit like and then finding a way to build the shrine…but there was always a catch. In order for this shrine to pass and be legit in the higher spirits’ eyes, at least one being from the human realm had to have a hand in building the shrine. Without that…the shrine failed since that would mean no one of this realm was interested. The time limit they had to get all this done was one week…and already one day had been used to find this particular spot that the Jester had liked.

As Akumu glanced at the place in the early morning sun, the old being hummed lightly as he looked at the abandoned park. It needed some work, but it did have some neat things about it like park benches and an old well. It definitely had the foundations of being a good spot for people to gather and in turn a good spot for a shrine to grow. Sure, Akumu would have to help the place a little to give it a nice start, but the problem with the location was getting people to come out to volunteer. How did one gather people and convince them to stop what they were doing to come help with such a project? Would anyone except?

Akumu frowned lightly as he turned away from the spot and faced out towards the rest of the area as blue eyes looked towards the city. From the bits and pieces he has seen of Penecia Island, the place had every distraction necessary to keep one from not doing such this simpler task…and if no one helped when asked, then what? Hope for some wanderer to drop by and convince them of such a thing?
Akumu closed his eyes with a light sigh as he began to walk with the humming Jester on its shoulder as he prayed that this task wouldn’t end badly. All he needed was a one or two hard workers and this could be accomplished…if he failed? Well, he’d have to deal with a very upset Jester for; however, long it took for the higher spirits to give it second chance. Lovely….
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 pm

"Well, it's official... I have nothing to do right now."
Hikaru himself was utterly astounded to hear himself say such things. Normally, he'd just look for another research subject or hang out with his friends, but they seemed pretty occupied. Why was today of all days the one day where he had very little to do? There was normally only one thing to do at a time like this; Hikaru simply decided to take a good, long walk across the less-travelled paths of Penecia. He decided to take the route straight through the old parks, past the amusement park, and eventually end up back in the housing district.

Somebody caught his eye. It was an older man, maybe 25 years old, who was just sitting around the car park. He seemed to be looking for somebody, and it was in Hikaru's nature to see what was up. Cautiously, he approached the man.
"Excuse me, sir. What are you doing sitting around here? Are you lost? Got stood up? Anything I can help with?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

Akumu had just turned from the park and was about to head further into the city, when the invisible Jester on his shoulder made a light “Hm?” as it turned its head in the direction of something approaching from the left. Curious, Akumu would turn towards the approacher and take note that it was a young human coming his way.

Had this one perhaps come as an answer to his prayer for people to help with the shrine? Perhaps. And then again perhaps not. Humans were curious creatures and it wasn’t like Akumu was exactly doing the most wonderful job of blending in. Not only was he in a run down park that was in need of repair, but his look and clothing were far from normal. These were things that Akumu understood, so maybe this one was simply a kind hearted being that had come over to check him instead?

The other approached and then opened his mouth to speak. When Akumu heard the words, his second thought had been confirmed, so it was with the usual calmness and politeness that the older of the pair spoke.

“No, neither of those apply to me. I came here of own accord and was actually on my way further into town. You see, I want to fix up this park and build a shrine here for the spirits. An old art perhaps, but one I think should be held onto despite its antiquity. The only problem I have is, I am all alone with this project and need aid to complete it,” Akumu said as he watched the other reading his arua as normal. Interesting considering most of the folk he ran into as of late were not so normal.

In any case, this did not matter to Akumu as he tilted his head lightly at the other.

“Would you perhaps be interested in aiding me with building the shrine? I don’t have much, but I can repay you in some fashion,”
Akumu said before falling silent to see what the other would say. If anything maybe he could get some direction on where was the best place on this island to promote such a project to the public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 am

Hikaru was certainly interested in what the older man was offering to do; the construction of a shrine to honor whatever spirit found this rusting park a worthy space for such worship. However, Hikaru also had to wonder how he aligned himself religiously; he had done a great enough amount of research to pass off as a basic member of most religious groups. Although he didn't exactly align himself fully with a single one, he couldn't just turn down the chance to help a believer follow what he wants, so he decided to help.

"No need to worry about repaying me. I'd be happy to help you. I was looking for SOMETHING to do around here, and this park is a bit of an eyesore. Just give me a second. I need to let my sister know."

He took a few steps away from the man and flipped open his phone, sending a message to Kumiko to explain his absence.

"Hanging out with friends right now. I'll let you know when I head back."

Having finished that, Hikaru closed his phone and returned to the man.
"My name's Hikaru Ryouichi. May I ask for yours?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Ah, it would seem that Lady Luck had decided to play a fair game of cards today. As Akumu told the other what he wanted to do, he saw the child think on it for a bit, his interest perhaps sparked by the idea. When the child finally opened his mouth and spoke, Akumu could not help, but to give him a truly appreciative smile as the invisible Jester on his shoulder clapped in delight as it looked the blonde up and down with approval. The child wouldn’t notice this unless he was awakened to the hidden potential some had, but this little thing did not matter. What mattered was Akumu had helped now.

“You are most kind. Thank you,” Akumu told him in his usual calm tones as he gave the other an appreciative bow before straightening up and nodding at the other as he mentioned having to notify a family member of his absence. A sibling that had to be notified of where he was? How strange. Akumu had many siblings and unless they were working on some task together, they never really notified each other of where they were or what they may doing. Hmm…maybe humans trusted each other less or were perhaps more clingy? Curious creatures, but alas that thought was for another time. The boy was coming back from his brief departure, another thing Akumu did not understand, but for now did not question.

“Mr. Ryouichi, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Akumu Yume,” the old attendant said politely before tilting his head at the other.

“So then. I suppose we can talk as we work. I am not sure how many others we can find to, but perhaps that won’t matter. We need to find a good store for supplies. Do you have any suggestions?” Akumu said the question casual, hiding the fact that he was actually not a native around this place. He didn’t want to exactly say he was just going to wander around for a store. No that might bring too many questions towards someone with a mission in hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 pm

'Hmm... Looks like I may have something to do after all.
"Nice to meet you, Akumu... er, Mr. Yume. Now, what kind of supplies are you looking for? I could always run down to the shop for some tools, and I guess I could borrow my father's electric tools... Wait. Kumiko might not like that. She's normally pretty strict when it comes to my safety."
Hikaru sat down on the bench behind him and placed his chin on his fist, thinking about what to do.
"Wait... Maybe there IS a way to make this work. I could get Kumiko to help, too. She could take the tools here while I go grab what's left at the store. Yeah, that can work..."
Hikaru quickly jumped to his feet and beckoned Akumu.
"Alright, Mr. Yume. I think I have a solution. My sis will probably want to help out. Is this alright? I'm heading to my house to grab the tools, and I think it would be better for you to meet her."
With a spring of excitement in his step, Hikaru strolled down the path and lead Akumu to his house.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 pm

What kind of supplies was he looking for? That was quite the question.

“You may call my by my first name. It is fine,” Akumu began and then letting out a light "hmm", he would list off some supplies needed.

“I am looking for strong wood, metal or something similar to act as the skeleton of the shrine. We’d also need screws and nails. Small stones, and paint. Outside of that, whatever can be used to clean up this,” Akumu said gesturing to the area around them before his blue eyes settled on the young man once more as he sat down to battle the issue of dealing with whoever Kumiko was on a mental scale.

Akumu gave him a moment to think and was about to suggest an alternative action when the boy suddenly seemed to come up with an idea and jumped up with excitement in his eyes and movements. on instinct, Akumu took a step back. The child was gesturing for Akumu to follow, so he did after the smallest moment of hesitation. As he walked along side the boy, he heard his words and nodded as a relieved smile appeared on his face.

“That is quite wise and extra help is appreciated,” the attendant said in his usual polite tones as they continued down the path until finally they wound up at a home that he presumed was the child. Looking over at the blonde, he let the other lead the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Hikaru quickly trotted up to the front door and rang the doorbell. With a few seconds, the door swung open to reveal his sister Kumiko standing in the doorway. Her long black hair was hovering behind her as a breeze blew past it, and her attire of a red tank top with a purple jacket reflected the hot yet windy day. Her blue eyes glanced at Hikaru with a kind warmth while staring at the stranger with intrigue and concern.
"Hey, um, Hikaru. What are you up to? I thought you were hanging out with your friends. Is this guy your friend?"
Hikaru almost gasped with fear; her impeccable memory recalled his previous message to her. he was in a pickle, but he thought of a way around it.
"Well, yeah. I would have, but I came across an old friend who said he needed help with some construction stuff. So, would you like to help? I just need to grab some screws, nails, and paint in the garage. I may go down to the shop and grab some metal beams and wood if that's alright."
Kumiko was leaning against the patio wall, still focused on Akumu. Her now steely blue eyes searched him visually, looking for any flaw in his appearance. Satisfied, she motioned for Hikaru to head out, leaving Akumu with Kumiko. She motioned for Akumu to come inside.
"Alright. I'll help you out as well. Come on; I need another strong pair of hands."
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Akumu followed the boy up to the house, making sure to stay a respectful distance from the child as he quickly moved to the front door and rang the door bell. The action was something Akumu found odd considering back home the door was always open for him and his siblings to go through as they needed to. In any case, he didn’t have much time to examine this new curiosity for a few seconds later the door was opening and a young lady was standing in the door way.

She was a pretty young lady that held a warm atmosphere around her, even if her eyes were watching Akumu with the intrigue and curiosity of one who was not quite trusting of a stranger. She talked with the boy and questioned him about friends, a key piece of information Akumu did not quite understand since he had not seen or heard what the boy did when he left for a moment the first time they met; however, as he observed the pair, he had a feeling the boy was lying about something, the suspicion only confirmed as he mentioned that Akumu was an old friend that needed help with a construction project.

While tale was indeed a lie as Akumu’s calm blue eyes met the girl’s evenly, he did not do or say anything to contradict the boy, who he trusted to do what was right in this situation to keep them both out of trouble. While the young woman studied him for a bit, she eventually gave into the boy’s words sending him on his way to collect what he said he was going to collect….meaning Akumu was left alone with the sister.

Okay. Not exactly what he thought would occur when the other had said he was to meet the sister, but Akumu could adjust. When the girl motioned for him to come inside and said she would help with the shrine, Akumu felt another weight lift off of him. Yes. Two people! That would be great, so perhaps the job would be completed on time after all.

However, while she agreed to help it seemed she needed his assistance with something first. Curious of the task, his response was easy enough.

“But of course it is the least I can do to repay for your offer to assist in this project, Ms. Ryouichi,” Akumu said as he stepped up the house’s threshold and crossed over. Blue eyes would examine things within with curiosity. After all, this was the first time in a long time that he had been requested to enter a human home. The scenery was quite different from the past and left many questions on his tongue; however, instead of bothering with curiosities for now he focused on his main task of aiding the girl with whatever she needed help with as he continued to trail behind her like a shadow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:32 am

Kumiko led Akumu through the living room and dining room before arriving in the backyard, her eyes attempting to observe him discreetly. His eyes were looking around curiously, as if what he saw held his eager attention. Her focus also turned to the Empress card that she continued to twiddle between her fingers. For whatever reason, she enjoyed having it around. As she approached the shed, she quickly turned around to confront Akumu, her card in full view of Akumu as she crossed her arms.
"Alright, I'm curious. What exactly are you building? I'm glad that you're putting something in place of that rusty old park, but I'm not sure what you can do with such space. Also, I'm going to guess you've never met Hikaru before. Knowing him, he just saw you and asked if he could help, am I right? He's a nice kid, but I'm just worried about him running into... the wrong people."
She threw open the door to the shed, inviting Akumu to look around inside. The walls of the shed were lined with a variety of power tools, gardening tools, and worktables.
"Pick out what you need. I can't exactly carry it all myself, so just carry what you can and I can take the rest."
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Akumu would continue to follow the young woman studying this object or that when it caught his eye. He didn't stop, but just took mental notes of this or that for further examining when he was alone to think. As he performed this small task, he didn't pay much mind to the girl's examination of him. He could understand why this occurred. She probably did not trust him and being more or less out of his element at the moment, he played by the human's rules.

He let the examination continue taking note that they made their way from the house and into the backyard. From there, the girl led him to a small house of a sort before she unexpectedly face him with crossed arms and a rather intriguing card in her hand. Despite the card, the old attendant stopped a safe distance from the woman, his calm blue eyes more concerned with body language than cards at the moment.

He didn't think she would attack, but from the position she held, she had something to say. And spoke she did. To her words, Akumu tilted his head lightly as the invisible Jester on his shoulder observed the card. He thought for a second on how to respond to her words before actually making a move, bowing to her politely before answering.

"I can understand your concern and can assure you I mean no harm to you or yours. My name is Akumu. As you have stated, your brother and I have just met and he did offer his assistance in aiding me with my project," he began as he stood straight once more. "The old park needs much work, but I believe it is a good spot to build a shrine to the spirits. I can see it becoming a place of relaxation and great joy if all goes well," he told her with a light smile and then looking at the card she held, he spoke again.

"You carry the Empress. If it's not too bold, may I inquire as to why you do this?"

His words remained soft and non-hostile. He was simply curious about such a thing. It was not everyday, he saw people with tarot cards, especially not holding them like this one did. It was indeed an intriguing thing. Whatever came about from that question was unknown, but soon it wouldn't matter.

The girl opened the doors to the small house and then with a gesture gave the attendant permission to go in. Taking the invite with a light nod, he would step into the small house and look around. This was no house. It was a magical unit of items!

"This is quite impressive," he found himself saying as he looked about the one room space. Well he certainly had whatever was needed now, so then...

"Thank you for your kindness," Akumu said and then with graceful movements, he would pick out the tools he needed. Hammers, welding tools, saws, screw drivers and more. With an expertise that not many of his kind held Akumu managed to collect what he could placing the items in a bag he found in the area. Once that was done, he would place the bag on his shoulder and go towards a work table.

"I've collected most of the items needed for building. You can collect items that could help with the cleaning. We can figure out what to do with larger items in the way once we are back at the site," Akumu said as he examined the work table for a moment to find the best way to carry it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Kumiko sighed with relief and smiled with cheer at Akumu, but when he mentioned her tarot card, her focus quickly turned to the card in her palm.
"Oh, you mean this? Well, it was a little souvenir from the amusement park last year. I had my fortune read, and he gave me this as a souvenir, saying it was my arcana or something. Apparently, it represents creativity, prosperity, and comfort, the qualities of a mother, ya know? I normally keep it in my bag, but... Hikaru's friend, Alexander, mentioned it the last time we talked, and I can't help but feel that this is a special little memento of mine."
As Akumu searched the shed and stuffed tools into a large bag hanging on the hook, he looked at the worktable, wondering how to transport it. Kumiko remembered that the middle table was collapsible, so she pushed Akumu to the side and, with several quick motions, collapsed the worktable into a flatpack case.

Kumiko's phone suddenly buzzed to life; her brother was likely trying to contact her. She shuffled out of the shed and answered her brother.
"Hey, Kumiko. I got plenty of metal and wooden beams from the shop. I'm heading back to the park with the truck. How are you guys doing?"
"Just fine, Hikaru. Akumu's been helping himself to the supplies, so I guess we're good on that. Alright, I guess we'll head to the park as well. Do I need to bring my credit card?"
"Nah. I had enough cash to pay him; apparently he thinks he owes me since I helped him during summer. See you in a bit."
Kumiko flipped her phone closed and grabbed her worktable and bag of tools, leaning into the shed to speak to Akumu.
"Alright, Akumu. If you think we have enough, we can head back. Hikaru's already there with the materials."
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 pm

It seemed that the attendant’s honesty had been rewarded with a smile and some form of relief from the girl. While he could not grasp what made human’s so worried for others, he could understand to a degree why one would not simply trust a stranger. After all, it was no telling how strangers would treat you and so in turn it was natural to be cautious unless said stranger proved themselves to be harmless. A thing that Akumu performed well enough.

As the tension went away and the attention turned to the card in the girl’s hand, the attendant listened to her words quite interested in how she got the card and why she carried it. When she finished, Akumu nodded lightly to her words.

“Ah I see. You carry it because it is special, but how much do you believe that the card chosen fits you? Do you think the fortunate teller knew the cards well?” Akumu asked quite taken with the subject as he moved about collecting items before turning to the work table. He pondered how to collapse the item as he waited for answer. When the girl came over and brushed him aside, Akumu was slightly startled at the action. After all, it did pull him unexpectedly from his pondering; however, outside of a simply backing up and a minor stumble from the unexpected action, the attendant regained his balance and watched how she folded the table. About time she was done, her phone rang causing her to leave the shed for a bit. Collecting the table, he would begin to head to the door around the same time Kumiko poked her head back in and suggested they should go meet her brother at the park.

“Yes. We are quite ready. Let’s go,” Akumu responded back to her easily enough before moving out of the shed. He would wait for the girl to do whatever was needed to secure her home before leading the way back to the park. It would take them a few minutes to get there, so if she wanted to chat, she could and if not they would continue to travel in silence until they finally reached the old rusted park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Kumiko lightly smiled at Akumu, admiring the card as she reclaimed the worktable from Akumu. With her toolbag slung across her shoulder and the table firmly in her grasp, she escorted Akumu back through the house and locked the door behind her. As she walked alongside Akumu, she decided to make some small talk.
"Well, if the fortune teller was faking it, he was a pretty good con. No, he REALLY seemed to have known my personality. I... I guess I feel like my personality does represent a mother's; after all, I have to keep a close eye on Hikaru, make sure he doesn't get in trouble or anything. I'll be honest; I was worried about Hikaru hanging out with you. But I guess he's pretty lucky that he seems to come across the right people. First Alex, now you... Why, I'm just glad he could make some friends here. Must've been hard for him at such a young age."

"I'm also curious about you, Akumu. Where exactly are you from? If you're interested in building a shrine here, I'd imagine you live nearby, but I don't remember seeing you around before... Oh! Perhaps I shouldn't ask... Well, if you have any questions for either of us, we're open to it. Ah! We're here... Hey, Hikaru!"

Kumiko had focused entirely on Hikaru in that one instant, running to him excitedly while looking over the piles of materials Hikaru was helping to organize. He took the tool bag from Kumiko's shoulder and began removing tools as Kumiko quickly set up the worktable nearby. They both turned back to Akumu, their faces reflecting their eagerness to help.

"Well, Mr. Y- Akumu, how would you like to begin?"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Kumiko came back in after her talk on the phone and took a moment to admire the card she had before reclaiming the folded work table from Akumu. The older attendant would’ve protested. After all, a lady should not carry all of the items, but reminding himself of time changes, the attendant wisely kept his mouth shut even if he did not like the idea of her carrying the table too. In any case with everything collected, the attendant would follow the girl back through the house and then wait patiently for her to secure her home. Once she was done with that, they began to move back towards the old park.

As they walked the girl spoke about the fortune teller. Akumu smiled lightly at the words before speaking.

“Lady Luck dealt you a kind hand to match you up with not only a wise fortune teller, but also a card that suits you quite well. While I cannot say much about parents, I can understand why one would want to protect family from harm. Pardon me for saying this, but I was highly worried when I first met you. I thought for sure, you were going to be a tough one to convince, but I am glad you were kind and wise nstead,” he said with a small embarrassed smirk. When the subject moved back to her brother, the old attendant nodded.

“Perhaps the reason Lady Luck favors him is because of your love for him. The spirits sometimes are moved when humans are connected deeply to each and in turn create beautiful gifts for those that please them,” Akumu said his words remaining sincere and calm as always. Then tilting his head he would ask, “Why would it be hard for him to make friends here? Hikaru seems kind and the sort to draw others to him.”

The attendant was curious. After all, he didn’t get to examine the other like he could the sister. In any case, whatever came out of that Akumu would remain quiet for a bit longer until the girl began asking questions of her own. When she began to apologize, the attendant shook his head.

“No. I do not mind the questions,” Akumu began with a light smile. “As you stated, I am not seen around here because I am actually from an island further away. I drift all over to find spots to help the spirits settle and in turn spread their wisdom to the world. Today, the spirits draw me to this island and the park, so I hope with all the work we do it will become a place for the spirits to take root and flourish among the people here. Outside of this I sell medicines to those in need,” Akumu told the other. The story not exactly a lie, but not the truth either.

After all, he couldn’t tell a human the truth. That would cause unnecessary trouble, so it was best to leave it like this.

In any case, the pair would eventually reach the park and once the girl saw her brother she would hurry over to the other completely focused on her sibling. Akumu watched the pair with a light smile, the warmth the two gave off causing the invisible Jester on his shoulder to lean against his neck quite content.

It was a good sign. This shrine may very well grow into something magnificent if people like Kumiko and her brother were around to take care of it, but in order for that to happen, much work needed to be done and time was not on their side.

As Akumu reached the pair and sat down his bag along with the yard tools he had, he would pick up the rake and tuck it under his arm before grabbing a box of trash bags with his hand. Then with his other hand, he would pick up the broom. He had the items perfectly balanced on him when Hikaru asked his question.

“I am going to go to that hill over there and work on clearing the area out,” he said pointing to an overgrown hill with what appeared to be an old slab of something there. “That will be the foundation for the shrine. While I work over there, you can start preparing the skeleton for the shrine. Oh yes,” he leaned the broom against himself as he fished out a scroll from his deep pockets and then held out to the boy who was closest to him.

“Those instruction should help you get started. Outside of that, the rest of the area needs to be tidied up, but perhaps that would be best left for last. If you run into difficulties, just yell and I’ll come to assist you,” the attendant said and then would move off towards the hill once the blue prints had been taken. Once at the hill, Akumu would glance around the area before placing the bags and broom down on the flat and slightly buried slab of old concrete. Yes, this would take some work, but it could be done.

Armed with the rake and his own strength, Akumu took to clearing the area of weeds and other objects that this simply should not be there in the first place while he left the humans to deal with the blue prints for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Building of a Shrine (Open)   The Building of a Shrine (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Building of a Shrine (Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next