Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:16 pm

As a matter of fact, Sharaku hadn't really thought of it in that manner. What reason would they have to care about an android in the first place? At most, they would try to get rid of him, in case he got in the way of something. That's what he'd say. On the other hand, he couldn't be sure either. That was just an assumption. ''Somehow, I doubt they'd care enough to get someone like you dragged in. Try to kill, you, perhaps, but other than that, I don't know.'', he would shrug lightly. He hadn't really been talking with those ideas in mind.

When Sentinel gave him all those 'positive vibes', or whatever should he call it, he'd roll his eyes. ''Well, I never had any intention of agreeing with whatever they'd want. I think I've had enough during those 5 years. I'd rather die than get involved in that again in any way or form. Still, I have no idea how high the chance of me meeting any of them even is, seeing as I'm rather far from where that took place right now.'' He sure as hell wasn't going to concede to anything, were things to happen.

Meanwhile, something furry and black would zip across the room and jump into the android's lap, staring at him intently. Guess the cat was getting bored of just listening to the talk somehere in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:19 am

Sentinel nods his head, "Well they would not be the first, but unfortunately for them I have something that I have to live for. So they will be sadly mistaken if they think that you don't have friends that are ready and able to help you." The android said offering his friend a confident grin to affirm that the android was ready and willing to help. However, Sharaku affirmed the fact that he would rather die than get involved in that again, the android could understand that. It was clearly cruel and unusual, and to force people into something that they don't desire? How dare they! They call themselves scientists? They mock the name and spit on it, for scientists were meant to help humanity, not conduct cruel experiments that lead to death and destruction of lives. "Well they might not come and find you if are too far away that it is not worth the resources to capture you, even more so if you begin to fight back against them." He said, but suddenly a black cat jumped into the android's lap!

Red eye's met the cat's own eyes and the android reached underneath the cat's chin and began to scratch it. From what he had learned cats could rarely scratch under their necks and it often made them very happy to have it scratched. At least that is what all his help books about raising animals such as cats recommended. Furthermore, they were very curious animals...often times approaching with caution to see if they could add a new human to their service. "Ah the infamous cat makes an appearance. What's his or her name? What kind of cat is it?" he asks Sharaku, more than a bit curious to see if Maria would like to see and meet this infamous kitty, no doubt she would start to inquire about her own pet. She wanted one, but the android now wanted to get beyond this incident before getting her a pet.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 am

''Well, I won't stop you if you so wish.'' To say the truth, Sharaku was a bit amused by the reaction. He wasn't really intending to ask for any help. On the other hand, he had no reason to say no, if that was what Sentinel wanted to do. Though, it would probably better the less people got involved in this kind of stuff. They already had a lot with what was happening at the current time period. They didn't really need to deal with his problems, in case any chose to arise.

Hm, he wasn't even sure how much use he would be to them alive by this point. Then again, what did he know? ''Who knows what they really want. Though, perhaps it is a bit far..? At least, I think Japan is far enough. I'm not good at anything map related.'' He would shrug vaguely with that. If something had to happen it would. He wasn't going to rule out the possibility, though, he wouldn't mope over it either. That was the way of life. He wasn't going to kill himself worrying.

The cat would appreciate the scratching, giving a light purr, though, only for a short time, before moving around, and attempting to climb onto the android's shoulders. Sharaku would shake his head at that, before answering the questions. ''His name is Kage. As for the type...I'm not sure I remember...Maybe I'll tell you later when I think it over.'' He remembered that Shun mentioned it back then, but it's easy to forget. Maybe it'd come to mind after some time. It wasn't like he normally needed to know that on spot.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:48 am

Sharaku came all the way from Japan, like the android had done? That was pretty impressive, but he had clearly been here longer since he seemed more settled in. That was quite a distance to go for one person, and the android nodded he seemed to be fairly safe given the distance. Not to mention what use would the people have for him? Nothing other than retaining research or keeping him quite, but Sharaku seemed quite content with remaining silent. Was that good or bad? Granted, who would believe him given the story? He would have to show the world and that would put a bulleye's on his head.

The android turned his attention back to the cat and allowed it to climb up on his shoulders, granted its claws would find no bearing or grip in his skin due to its' metallic nature. He continued to reach behind himself and give the cat a few more scratches under the chin and pet it. "Kage huh? He seems rather friendly given the fact that he approached me without a care of what I was. I like him and I'm sure Maria would adore him. The android eventually set the cat back into his lap, so he could pet it with ease rather than having to reach around behind him. "How did you two find this little guy? He seems rather healthy? Did you two purchase him from a store or was he a lost little kitty?" The android asked continuing to scratch under the cat's chin.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:46 am

At Sentinel's comment about the cat's friendliness, Sharaku would snort and laugh lowly. The android had no idea what he was talking about. ''Friendly is not the right word, I'd say. He'll approach just about anyone, and trust me, he's more of a troublemaker than just a friendly animal.'' At least, so far, he had not seen Kage back away from anyone, and the black furball was quite adept at distressing people when he wanted to. After all, one expects a cat to curl in their lap, and let them pet it, not try to mess around with them. This one was obviously not satisfied with simple petting. Kage would meow in protest when the android set him back down, completely disregarding that motion, and immediately trying to climb back up, pawing at Sentinel's white hair, not even caring about the scratches and pets. Who needs that when you have shiny hair to play with?

Sharaku would proceed to watch the scene with amusement, somewhat interested in seeing how would the android handle it. The cat was obviously not going to sit still. He would shrug at the next set of questions. ''From the store. Though, he seemed a bit less 'hyperactive' back there.'', he would state flippantly, content with watching the scenery for now.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:28 am

The android nodded toward Sharaku, "Cat's have more than once been known to be animals of trickery, so what you are saying is that he is always up to something then?" The android inquired as the cat seemed determined to make his spot up on the android's shoulders. Sentinel would allow it since the cat seemed to want to have it his way, and given what he had read, cats were a lot like that. They wanted to interact, but on their schedule not their owner's. Very self-centered animals too, but he let the cat play with his shiny hair. It would feel like any other hair soft and well...hairy. The android tried to reach back and pet the cat a bit, but it was more difficult now than ever. Though he didn't want the cat to wander to close to his back...it was rather dangerous for the kitty there.

"At the store...well clearly it was ruse so someone really patient would buy it, and then it would spring its trap on them. It really is quite clever for a cat." he said looking at his friend's lax posture, "Hmm, I do wonder if Maria would like him. He does seem playful and she could no doubt make him run out of energy quite quickly. Maybe that was something you would like?" the android asked with a somewhat mischievous smile, "Punish the troublemaker for stirring up such trouble?" It was an idea, and he was fairly certain Maria would not mind running around after a kitty that she would so desperately want to hug.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 am

''Sort of. You could call it that.'' Sharaku would shrug vaguely. He wasn't sure whether 'up to something' was the right wording to use, but he couldn't come up with anything better on the spot, so might as well use that one. He'd say it was moreso situational, but could work. Kage, on the other hand, was paying little attention to the talk that was going on around him, entertained enough by his current quest of pawing and clawing through the android's hair. Sharaku never understood what made the cat interested in hair so much. At least, Sentinel wouldn't feel it much in case the cat pulled too hard. Normal people tended to protest a lot, because having your hair pretty much pulled out was never fun to experience.

''Perhaps? I don't really care. I can handle him either way. Though, I don't mind if she wants to play with him.'' He was honestly indifferent on this subject. He could go both ways with this, so it barely mattered to him. If it made Maria happy, why not? It's not like it posed too much trouble for him. He would shake his head in slight amusement at the punishment suggestion. ''Won't work for long. He forgets quickly. He'd just do it again after a short while.'' Kage could listen, on notice, perhaps, but he'd do it again in the future, so Sharaku rarely bothered.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:57 pm

The android blinked....what was this cat's fascination in his hair? Sure it was an odd color, but was that really enough to justify playing with it. Well for a cat maybe, what was the saying? Curiosity killed the cat? Not that the android wanted to hurt anyone or Kage, but wasn't the saying relatively true? Granted, the only reason that the android could think of the cat's fascination with his hair being the fact that it was the only thing it was close to another cat in regards to texture. Cats had fur and well....hair was as close to human fur as it got. Maybe that would explain it, but when Sharaku began to explain how punishment was rarely effective the android nodded.

"Well he is most definitely out of his critical bonding time, that is the time that a cat really develops with its owner and will remember whatever you do to it. That is really when their personality becomes apparent for a majority of their lives, but their personality can change over time. However, if you don't really care, then perhaps it is better this way, no? Though I have to admit, I never took you for a cat person at all. What made you pick up Kage with Shunnosuke?" The android asked a bit curious, there seemed to be a lack of passion from Sharaku, but then again he supposed that it was just part of Sharaku. He seemed to roll with anything with very little concern. Except when he found it absolutely foolish, in which case the android had taken note that it is often that time that Sharaku will let his true and ultimate opinion speak. Rarely did that happen though, the android often wondered why.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Hm, did it really matter? Sharaku was okay with things as they were now, so he didn't really give a damn about facts on cats. That was the one thing that sometimes made talk with Sentinel boring. The android analyzed and detailed stuff way too much for his tastes most of the time. He wasn't against some progressive logic when it was needed, but what was the point such a laidback subject? This was no fun, it just made his brain hurt. The cat was as it was, who cared when it did bonding stuff and all? Knowing such did not change anything, only made him want to zone off on the conversation. Zzz.

He would keep looking at the android as he spoke, though his expression was rather blank, and not very focused. He wasn't interested enough to keep listening intently. Words needed to be interesting for him to keep paying attention. He wasn't the best listener in most cases. He prefered to do, than to hear explanations. Though, he would blink a few times to refocus when he noted the android asked a question at the end. ''Happened. I do kind of like cats. He noticed, and decided to get me one. I didn't want to be rude and refuse without a reason, so this is where it went.'', he'd answer casually. ''I'm not complaining, so it's fine.'' It was somewhat less boring than having an empty apartment all the damn time.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 pm

The android noted that he was boring to Sharaku, perhaps he was being too....too logical and computer like. Granted, that was part of his nature he was mostly circuits and the like. That and he didn't have a very eloquent way of speaking, rather it was very formal and usually to the point. That made it difficult to be expressive or entertaining the way his friend liked. For that he would need Maria she was very expressive and entertaining according to many. Well he would have to try his best, right? That's what friends do, try their best for one another? As Sharaku explained that he was in fact a cat person the android nods his head. "I feel like I learn a lot about you every time we meet." the android said with a thoughtful look on his face. Then perhaps an idea that would get his friend's attention more hit Sentinel. Yes, perhaps that would work out quite a bit more.

"Speaking of Shunnosuke, have you gone to any of the parties that he has mentioned? I imagine that they would be quite exciting, and you two seem rather close so I figure you would be the first person he invites." the android said attempting to change the topic to something that Sharaku might enjoy a bit more. Something that was far more of his friend's taste, or that is what the android was attempting to do. He might fail, and if he did then he would try again and again if necessary. He didn't mean to be a bore to his friend.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Hm? That statement was quite random. Was that so? Well, maybe the android was lucky, if he reall felt that way. Sharaku was not bent on giving out much about himself unless it was needed, or came up in a way that made it rude for him to brush the subject off. Then again, it was true that whenever he met Sentinel, the topic of talking ended up serious in a way. The android was rather analytic when it came to things. Maybe that was why. ''Do you..?'', he would state calmly, not even really caring about the answer. He could deduce enough.

''Not yet, if you mean in the present time. Besides, you're sort of wrong. I don't find it that exciting. It's just better than doing nothing. And while he does like me, we don't really get along that well.'', he would answer Sentinel's inquiries flatly. He didn't really enjoy the Shun subject too much. Why were people interested in that anyway? He'd rather not talk about it too much, seeing as there was enough dramatics when he talked with the teen himself. Besides, what would an android tell him to that? He doubted Sentinel would understand.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 am

The android blinked a bit...it seems all of his attempts to strike a conversation had failed by an epic proportion. Was he really bad at this or was it simply that Sharaku was not easily amused. Feeling disheartened the android let out a sigh, "It seems as though I am struggling quite a bit of coming up with an entertaining topic with you. I apologize, if you have any suggestion or something you desire to talk about feel free to speak up." Well now he had admitted his failure to come up with an entertaining solution or topic for his friend. Did that make him a bad friend, or perhaps he should retract his previous statement about his friend. What did he really know about Sharaku, the android was not even sure if he knew his friend's hobbies. He was trying dammit and that was about all he could really do.

The android had brought up cats, but that seemed to be a bust. Maybe dressing sharp was a favorite of Sharaku? Perhaps fashion was the way to go? The android simply didn't know, but perhaps his friend could help out by offering up a topic of conversation, no?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:49 am

Great. This wasn't what he had been aiming for. It wasn't that Sharaku didn't want to talk...but, sometimes, it just doesn't work. And it wasn't Sentinel's fault. Not at all, unless the android believed it was rational to blame yourself for something you either did not know, or had no way of knowing. He knew the other was trying to come up with something to talk about, however, fact was, the android wasn't the one having troubles with it.

The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 RU3EWgOm

''Don't.'', he would state solemnly. The last thing he needed was Sentinel apologizing for this. ''It's not you, it's me.'' To add to it, he didn't even know how to explain himself in this situation. ''I shouldn't be acting like this when you're just trying to bring up a conversation, but I can't help it.'' This actually happened often enough, but not everyone took immediate notice, or called him out on it in any way or form. Guess the android was perceptive enough. He shouldn't doubt a machine, should he? Someone like Hyde almost never noticed when he just wasn't giving his all in a small talk, or any of the like. ''I don't know whether it matters if I am the one to pick a topic. I think it'll eventually end up the same....'' There weren't many things he could talk about without it turning stale after a while, and even then, one statement from the other side that didn't strike him well could just turn it around. He was no good at this.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 am

The android blinked as Sharaku told him that the issue wasn't with the android, but with Sharaku. Evidently, all conversations ended up like this whenever someone tried to engage him in one. This made the android confused, then why can he not change his nature. Granted, that was a rather rude thought, but from what the android knew, humans could adapt in regards to their nature. That nature was what allowed them to change and adapt to various situations. "I see so there was nothing extremely wrong with my approach, your personality is just not entertained. By small talk then?" The android said a bit confused, though Sharaku had just told the android something that he had not known before, which therefore made his previous statement true. Sentinel smiled a little bit at that revelation, before another question was raised in his mind.

"Tell me, Sharaku, are you a proponent that actions speak louder than words because of your attitude to talking?" The android was actually a bit curious about this one as he always figured Sharaku to be the man who took things a bit slower and offered a third point of view on the the subject that other parties had not considered, therefore the android was led to conclude that perhaps his induction was a proper conclusion to draw from what he had already gathered about the laziness of many human beings. It is not that they cannot find the proper way of doing something, but rather the fact that they know what to do but fail to execute whatever is required.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 am

Not entertained. Somehow, that didn't feel like it fit the quota very well. Sharaku didn't consider the conversation to be completely and utterly boring in itself, he just...had nothing to say, which in turn irritated him and subsequently made him react in a more dissmissive manner, seeing as he did need to respond when asked a question. But what do you answer, when you simply can't figure out what'd you even want to say? So he just walled the android off without much thought about it, which, due to the other's perceptiveness did not work the way it normally did. People would normally leave him alone when he showed this kind of flat disinterest, but in some cases..as they say, curiosity killed the cat, not the human...and nor the android apparently.

''I wouldn't say it's that. I don't exactly find myself not entertained enough. I'd call it reflex, if anything. You ask, I don't know what to answer. Therefore, I just sort of dissmiss you without thinking. Put in simple terms, that is.'' Funnily enough, this happened more regularly with people he had managed to get closer to, even if unintentionally, because that brought out talking about more personal things, or just something that required more than a witty, jokey answer. And that was when he started to fail, and how hard depended on his current mood, and daily situation in general. When Sentinel pulled out the next question, he would raise an eyebrow in slight puzzlement. Had that something to do with this topic? ''Hm.'' That was hard to say. Often he did, but it was not set in stone. There were occassions where talking won the competition. He was just selective, depending on how he felt about the situation on hand, and what he thought he could handle better at the moment a solution was needed. Of course, sometimes he missed anyway.

''Questionable.''
, he'd state eventually. ''I do usually prefer to act, but sometimes that doesn't work. I am fairly fine with talking, I just don't always do it well. I can't just choose one over the other completely.'' That wouldn't work out. The best was probably to balance it, though he wouldn't say he was good at doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)   The Past and its Venom (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Past and its Venom (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next