Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Technically speaking, Add didn't have to. There was always the option of asking someone else, who might not inquire details first. Though, when thinking about it, anyone who knew more than the supposed rumours would be cautious with such a conversation. Maybe except Hyde. The readhead loved warning people, often giving away more than would be considered safe, even to people he barely knew. A somewhat risky habit of his. While it was good for people to know that danger was around, there was always a possibility the person in question was on the wrong side, or would freak out and cause a mess. Anything could happen. ''As I said, your choice.'', Sharaku would state calmly, before the waiter came back once again.

When the interruption ended, he would focus back on the other man, vaguely playing around with the spoon in his tea. ''Take your time if you wish. I'm not in a hurry.'' He wasn't, really. Besides, he didn't even know what to answer to these continuous confirmations anymore. It was like Add couldn't decide whether to finally start talking or not, the way he kept asking and saying stuff. What's got the man so hesitant? If he was so wary of talking, then he probably shouldn't even do it.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 7:18 am

Now that the toughest part was over, it was time to think over how Add wanted to tell the story. The more he thought about it the it felt like.. It was all just in his head. There was a proof that disproved that, however. The Dynamo. It did awaken to its power. The Dynamo faintly shook as a response to Add's flow of thoughts.

The young man took a sip of his hot chocolate. He would speak up, but only loud enough for Sharaku to hear. "I was browsing the Internet, when I came along a few rumours and stories about that reporter. For some reason I felt like I had to go investigate, so I went to Penecia." That would sum it up for the first part. However, as he neared the freaky stuff, he felt more and more uneasy. "I arrived to Penecia, to the place she supposedly hangs about. I didn't meet her, or seen her. But something else happened."

He didn't see her over there. But that didn't mean she wasn't there. It just made him even more confused than he already was. It was freaky time, though. "As I was standing, the time stopped. There was no movement, except for me and some sort of fog, which was forming ahead of me." Add was getting slightly out of breath and took a sip of his hot chocolate, but swiftly continued. "A white, floating figure.. Thing appeared in the fog. It was making humming sounds." The young man stopped in his storytelling. He was far from being done, but there was no way he was going to mention the Dynamo. He would ask Sharaku, in order to gain some time to try and come up with a way to conceal that part of the story. "Are you following me so far?" It was a tad bit too late to ask about that, but if his companion had any questions about the chunk of the story he had just said, he was free to ask. Not that Add would be able to answer them, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:54 am

At first, Sharaku would listen to the story with a neutral expression. To say the truth, he was a bit confused what kind of a reason did Add have in mind. Was seeing some weird rumours enough to want to investigate? Besides...did they really say it was in Penecia? As far as he knew, she had showed up at the Academy, and then in San Malarus. He hadn't even heard of her being in Penecia, and he lived there. Maybe he was behind on stuff. Strange. The fact that the man hadn't actually found her was not surprising. He would have been surprised in case she had been around just like that. If it was that easy, people would have tracked her down by now, just by looking around.

During the next part, he would end up frowning a bit. That was both familiar and not. He knew about the time stopping, and the scenery problems, but a white floating figure did not really sound like a Shadow. Then again, it could have been a weird one. Some of them sure had shapes that were out of place. He would frown a little more, going back to tapping his fingers against the table. Why did it always have to come up with something that didn't fit in completely? Unless what Add was speaking of was an actual Shadow. But the description the man gave was sort of off. Hm.

''Yes, loud and clear.'', he would mutter at the question, obviously contemplating over something. ''Did the 'thing' do anything else besides making a sound?'', he would ask after a short moment, giving Add a questioning glance. Perhaps that would tell whether it was a Shadow, or something else?
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:21 pm

Sharaku was taking everything Add had said to that point suspiciously well. The young man had a feeling that his companion knew something more. Something that was far beyond any rumour he had heard. "Indeed it did. It actually attacked me." He would reply, quietly. He did defeat it, but... Was he even supposed to do that in the first place? It attacked him, so he naturally defended himself. This was not the time nor place to be thinking about that, so Add rather continued with his story. "I managed to defend myself. However, when it seemed to have lost its hostility, it showed me.. Visions of places that I've never seen before. Everything went back to normal afterwards."

There was no way that Add would mention the Dynamo. His story was more than unbelieveable at this point. Now that he was done with the story itself, he took another well-deserved sip of the hot choco. The young man never thought he would muster up enough courage and trust to tell this story to anybody. However, it was Sharaku's turn. "Feel free to ask."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Alright. Attacking sounded normal. Pretty much all of those beings did that. Sharaku hadn't had the chance of meeting a non-hostile one yet..of course, not counting the Shadow he was stuck with, but there surely were several reasons for that happening. On the other hand, the second part did not add up. Either ceasing to fight, or staying alive and around after being defeated was not normal, as far as he knew. With that up in the air, he still had no idea whether that was not a Shadow, or just simply a special version of one. He never really got the logic behind it, and how did the Shadows actually work in basic terms. Complicated...wasn't that a daily occurence by now?

Momentarily forgetting his tea, which was still too hot for his tastes anyway, he would lean his elbows against the table in thought. Or, at the very least, an attempt to think. At first, he considered asking about the fight...but on second thought, he could guess that one well enough. There were only a few ways to battle beings of this origin. Not too important at the moment. In fact, the aftermath was more interesting. ''Visions you say? What kind of places, if I may ask?'', he would inquire, still in a calm way, which might perhaps be unusual to the other, considering the subject on hand. Maybe he'd be lucky and recognize the scenery in case Add decided to tell him. Most likely, it was one of the other sides.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Again, Sharaku seemed to be a bit too calm. Add knew himself that he would freak out after being told something like this, unless... Unless he had experience with such things. He wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad thing. For some reason, though, Sharaku didn't inquire about how he defended himself, for which he was thankful. The amount of things for which Add felt thankful was adding up. He would have to repay the sort of favours sometime. However, his companion inquired about something else.

The visions he had experienced after the fight. Their meaning was surely something that was far beyond Add's knowledge. But since Sharaku asked, he had no reason to deny him this answer. "I remember seeing ruins and smoke, everything tinted orange... I think I recall a figure staring at me, but I'm not really sure." His memories were getting fuzzy again. However, he was ready to answer more questions, if his companion had any more. Save for questions regarding his weapon.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Ruins and smoke. That did not sound overly familiar. Sharaku was sure he has not seen that kind of visual personally before. But, the ruins part nagged at him a bit. He had heard of something akin to that before. Sheesh, maybe he should start keeping a diary on the details. There was so much to remember. On the point, however, it could have been one of the places he hadn't been to yet. God knows he heard some of his comrades talking about them, but he couldn't recall for sure right now. San Malarus was out of question, he was sure of that one. That left...the school, and Penecia itself. If he had to, he'd bet on Penecia. If only because of the fact that the event itself happened there. He'd have to ask Hyde one day, to confirm that. He knew the redhead had been to that place before.

He would nod to show that he was listening, a bit absentmindedly. He was lost in thoughts for a moment there. A few moments of silence later, he would focus on Add once again, with a faint sigh. He did not enjoy deep thinking. It made his brain hurt. ''Great.'', he would mutter under his breath, somewhat exasperated. ''Anyway, this might be a little off the current topic...but, why Penecia in the first place? Do the rumours really point there? I wasn't aware of that.'' He was kind of curious how did that come by. How did he not hear of that when he lived there? Okay, he did not stalk rumours, that he did not, but still...
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Add's companion seemed to be thinking about the answer he provided. The young man was almost hundred percent confident that Sharaku knew a lot more than he let on, which was somewhat hinted by his next question. He did have a fair point of not following the rumours. Add himself wasn't into gossip, but for some reason this time he just simply couldn't ignore it. "Well, I've heard and read a bunch of rumours, that pointed to different locations. Penecia was among them. Then again, they were just rumours. I had no way of knowing that something like.. That would happen." He would take last sip, finishing the hot chocolate.

Surely, the young man had no idea what his curiosity would've gotten him into. The Dynamo shook once again. Add felt like it was connected to him more than he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Ah, different places then. Kind of made sense. When it came to this kind of talk, people would come up with anything. There wasn't even a guarantee it was actually based off of a real proof. Not that it mattered. Somehow, Sharaku doubted the woman would let herself be found unless she wanted to be. Otherwise, it would have already happened. The rumours themselves were most likely quite useless for someone who was researching it with a meaning. From what he had heard so far, she seemed to like to target those that had no idea beforehand. Which, of course, was no help.

''Most don't.'', he would mutter, before shaking his head. ''Either way, if I were you I'd be careful with those random rumours lately. Then again, the choice is yours.'' He couldn't tell the other man what to do. Though, if people started going off on vague rumours more often, it could lead to complications. As if there weren't plenty already. He would frown faintly, finally turning back to his tea, swooping a good half in one go.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Sharaku gave Add a fair warning about the rumours. Add wasn't the type to chase after rumours, but he felt like he couldn't simply ignore this one. It wasn't like him to that, however. Was it the Dynamo influencing his decision? /"I shouldn't get ahead of myself in this matter.."/ Add thought as he watched Sharaku drink his tea. "It's not a habit that I chase after rumours, I can assure you." The young man would nod at the warning. "Though, I do feel like you know far more than you let on, Sharaku." He would continue with a small smirk on his face. It wasn't a question nor him attempting to being rude, but it must've been true. Add wasn't expecting any explanation from his companion, but one could always hope. Perhaps there was a far bigger picture behind his event than he could've ever imagined. The young man wasn't sure whether that was good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Sharaku would give Add a fairly amused glance at the second comment. He wasn't bothered by it, after all, he was aware that it was most likely fairly obvious from his attitude towards the whole subject. He did know, yes. He would wave his hand vaguely. ''I can't deny that statement. I'm just keeping it simple, since you yourself seem to be trying for that. I know what I know, but I don't tell just because. Afterall, you never directly asked me anything in the first place.'', he would state, swirling the rest of his tea with the spoon thoughtfully. He wasn't going to claim that he didn't know. That would be an obvious lie by this point. However, neither was he going to babble about it, when the other man seemed reluctant to discuss the subject in the first place.

Honestly, in that case, it might be easier for the other to not get too involved. This wasn't the kind of deal you can be overly insecure about after you dive in. It might bite you in the ass quite hard. Either way, he would keep his gaze casually on the other man, waiting to see whether he'd get any kind response to that.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm

As expected, Sharaku was indeed involved in a way or another with the rumours. Add highly doubted that it was his companion spreading them, since Sharaku did share his opinion on the rumours. However, it was correct of him to not reveal anything more, nor Add really expected him to do so. He wasn't sure if he was even prepared for something like that. The young man would nod. "I won't ask for a detailed explanation at the current moment, given I was brief myself. But whatever you are dealing with, might sweep me your way, I feel. Sooner or later."

It was true. Add felt quite uneasy since the event, which made him slightly worried. He had no idea what really happened and into what he most likely had gotten himself into.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Hm, interesting. Sharaku would have thought Add would want to know at least a bit more. It was always better to know in advance was it not? Well, maybe not for the other man. But, if that was what Add wanted, he'd grant him the wish. He didn't need to tell him. Besides, it seemed that Add wasn't too enthused about getting involved in the first place, unlike others, so there may not be a lot of trouble in this case. ''If that is what you wish. Be careful then. Lack of knowledge can be dangerous at times.'', he would state calmly with a wave of his hand, before returning to his tea, and finishing it off.

''Either way, since you want to be done with that subject, are we talking about anything else, or are you going to go now?'', he'd ask afterwards, noting that both of them had finished drinking by now. He wasn't in a hurry, so he was pretty much fine with either right now.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Lack of knowledge can be dangerous at times... Add had to agree, but he felt like he wasn't ready for such an ordeal. He felt like there was something that he needed to settle first, before he makes his full decision. He wanted to help out with whatever was going on behind the scenes with the rumours, but he felt that something was holding him back. He still didn't know if he would ever reveal the way he defeated that floating thing...

However, Add's companion asked him about what they were doing next, as he finished his tea. The young man had a quick answer for that exact question. "I personally will go, if you won't mind. I need some time to think." Add would stand up and put on his magnificent new coat. The Dynamo stayed hidden away from anyone's vision, on the inside of Add's coat. "Perhaps I'll see you later." He would leave the money on the table and leave the café.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Simple as that, eh? Well, Sharaku was fine either way. He wasn't about to force Add to talk. It wouldn't do him any good, most likely, so why bother? ''Very well then.'', he'd say with a nod towards the other. There wasn't much more to be done at the moment. That said, he would sit around for a while longer, before paying and leaving himself. Staring into space after this kind of talk was no fun.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next