Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nezha

Nezha

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] Empty
PostSubject: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:05 pm

At long last - the day has come for Add to put on the new clothes he had sown specially for him. Unfortunately, that happened when he was living in France. Before the clothes were complete, he had to move, thus delaying the delivery. However, now they've arrived and he was immensely happy. It was dark outside already, since it was winter, so Add didn't really care what time it was. He put on his new outfit and headed out.

Appearance (size warning):

It was fairly cold outside and Add wasn't in the mood for a walk around San Malarus. Even though he still could use some more thorough exploration of the area, but he felt he was alright for the time being. The young man was casually walking down the main street, glacing over the variety of shops, when he saw a café. He remembered that he didn't drink coffee or tea today yet. /"Time to catch up on that."/ Add thought as he entered. He was there before on several occasions, but always just went for a coffee-to-go option. Considering recent event, he felt like sitting down and giving it some more thought.

The café wasn't filled with people, but it wasn't dead empty either. A number of tables were free and Add chose one a bit further into the back. He was fine with almost any table, really, as long as he wasn't sitting next to a window. Especially now, that he had no hood over his head. The young man took his seat and put his coat he had around his shoulders on the chair. Soon after he reached out for the menu, searching for a warm drink.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 8:37 pm

It was really getting cold lately. This time around, Sharaku didn't even need to forget his suit jacket to be aware of that. For some reason, Azores seemed to have colder winters than anywhere else he's been before. Either that, or it was just his imagination. The actual problem here was, that while he was okay with a little bit of cold, freezing was a no-no. Maybe he needed to start wearing warmer clothes. That might be it. Hm. On the other hand, he'd probably look rather..strange in a sweater or the like. Such a dilemma.

...Still, he was annoyed by the weather right now, and there wasn't really an appropriate solution available. Except for hightailing it somewhere inside again. This was going to become a gag soon. He should start thinking ahead, because this was rather unseemly. Oh well. Anything was better than feeling like an ice cube. With a defeated sigh, he would look around the café he just randomly stumbled by, searching for a spot that was vacant enough for him to not get unnecesarily bothered. His little vision trek would stop when he noticed a familiar head among the people. Well now. This wasn't in the plan at all...then again, that would probably minimize the chance of him getting involved with some stranger in the midst of this. For whatever reason, he just didn't feel like chatting up a new person now. Maybe it was the cold. Eh, a try doesn't hurt.

''Hello. Mind if I sit here?''
, he'd ask, as he approached where Add was sitting, giving the other man a fairly polite smile.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:22 am

As the young man grabbed the menu, he ordered the Dynamo to hide inside of his coat on the chair and stay put. He was flipping through pages, while ignoring the annoying background music from the radio. Add was thinking of ordering a Philippine Coconut - hot chocolate mixed with grated coconut or good old Earl Grey tea. However, he was interrupted before he could solve this internal dilemma.

He was being asked for a permission to sit by a very familiar voice. The young man looked up with those inhuman pink eyes of his and confirmed the origin of the voice - Sharaku. "Greetings. Go ahead, take a seat." Add had truly no excuse to decline and motioned towards the chair in front of him. "Quite the coincidence that we'd meet here, Sharaku." He'd say with hint of amusement in his voice. It was true, though. What were the odds that the two of them would've run into each other like this?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:21 pm

''Very well.'' Sharaku would nod briefly, when Add gestured him to the seat, before sitting down. He would take a moment to settle down, though, taking note of what the other man said meanwhile. Hm. Coincidence, was it? Possible. On the other hand, he had a knack for running into people he had previously met, so maybe it was just his luck at work today. One never knows. Actually, why even care? Coincidence or not, it didn't matter. It was already happening, so might as well go with the flow. Polemizing over chances wasn't going to change anything.

He would give Add a thin smile. ''Perhaps the world is just small. Then again, I don't question these things anymore.'', he'd retort back lightly, resting his elbows against the table, as he glanced at the menu the other man was studying for a moment. That reminded him. Of course, he did not neccesarily come here for a drink, but he almost felt bad that he always sat inside without ordering anything. But, it just went. Usually, he somehow got into a small talk with someone, and ended up forgetting about it anyway. He'd give a small sigh, but leave it at that for now.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 pm

'Anymore'... Meetings like these must've been a very often event that happened in Sharaku's life, judging by his response. /"He seems to have a more lively life than the wierd old me... Not that I am jealous or anything."/ The young man thought as he resolved his dilemma. The answer for the ultimate question was the hot chocolate. For some reason Add felt like having something sweet. Earl Grey tea with copious amounts of sugar would lose its treasured taste. With this, he would slide the menu in front of his companion.

As he did the motion, Add, again, recalled the event. It was so strange. He was aware of certain things normal people wouldn't even dream about, but this... this was just... so much different than anything he'd ever seen or heard of. "I'm not sure if you'd like to order anything, but they have some pretty tasty stuff here." The young man was talking out of experience. The price was fair and the taste was just simply amazing. However, he decided to add a question to his previous statement. "Would you mind if I asked you something?" He was sure that Sharaku was living in Azores longer than himself, meaning he could know something about the reporter chick he was reading about.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Sharaku would glance over the menu Add had given him briefly. He still had no idea whether he actually wanted something or not. It wasn't cold inside, so he didn't feel like he needed warming up anymore. On the other hand, sitting around and having a conversation with nothing to busy himself meanwhile was usually a little unpleasant. The dilemma. Perhaps he could get a Mint tea or something akin to that. Ah well, he still had time to decide until a waiter came. No big deal. ''I'll see about it.'', he would mutter, a little absentmindedly to Add's suggestion. That was most accurate right at the moment. He'd see.

''Not all all. Feel free to ask.'', he'd respond, once he realized he was being asked a question as well. He was probably a bit lost in thought or something, since he almost managed to pass over it. With that statement, he would stop unnecessarily pondering over the menu, and look up at the other man, patiently waiting for whatever was to come. Hopefully, the question didn't require too much thinking. For some reason, the transition from cold to warmer was making him zone off a bit. Or maybe it was just not his day.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 am

Sharaku seemed to be a little absent-minded when Add slid the menu in front of him and asked his question afterwards. Not that he minded much. Add had those moments sometimes aswell. However, he was glad to hear that Sharaku didn't mind Add asking. The young man was unsure how to phrase his question correctly, though. It would be great if he started with what he initially wanted to - the reporter chick. /"My own damn curiosity got me into this mess."/ Add frowned and asked his companion: "I would guess that you've been living here for a while now and wanted to ask if you know an urban lege-" Unfortunately, his question was cut short.

Add's question was interrupted by a waiter who came to take their order. /"Just when I... Never mind"/ He decided to remain calm. It wasn't the waiter's fault for doing his job. It was about time somebody came and took their order, if he had to be honest with himself. "What's your order, gentlemen?" The waiter asked casually, eyeing Add's face a little bit, to which the young man responded with one of his glares. The waiter understood quickly and stopped staring, instead taking a look at the other gentleman - Sharaku. Sharaku looked peculiar aswell, so the waiter decided to switch eye contact between them. "I'll take Philippine Coconut." Add gave his order and glanced over on Sharaku. The waiter glanced at him aswell and asked as he was writing down Add's order: "And for you, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Sharaku managed to catch something about him living in Azores for a while, before the other man suddenly cut off his question. What? It took him a moment longer to realize why it happened. He almost hadn't noticed the waiter. They sure knew just how to interrupt at an 'appropriate' moment. He wasn't even really decided on what he wanted yet. Guess he'll have to wing it. First things first, however, he would simply watch and listen as Add made his order. Which, was something he definitely did not know. Of course, he knew what a coconut was, but that was as far as his knowledge went on this subject. He wasn't the one to go around and order beverages often, and it showed. You shouldn't consider ever asking him for advice in this, because there would most likely be none in store.

Soon after, it was his turn to choose, as both of them looked at him. Er. Perhaps he should just go with the earlier thought. Sounded like the safest bet. ''I'll have Mint tea.'', he would respond after a short moment of contemplation. With that said, he would wait till the waiter wrote it down and left, before turning back to look at Add. ''Well, what was it you were asking?'' With all that interruption, he almost forgot what the deal had been already.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Sharaku seemed to be still spacing-off when the waiter came by, but he placed his rather bland order when he was asked to. Add wondered, though. Was is worth asking, when his companion was pretty much obviously thinking about something else? The young man feared that his curiosity was greater than this issue at hand. The waiter left as quickly as he came by. /"Now where was I.. Ah yes."/ Add briefly wondered. The sudden appearance of the waiter sure knocked him a bit off his track.

The young man gave a small sigh before he repeated his unfinished question. "I wanted to ask if you know about a certain somebody. I've heard that she's sort of an urbal legend around these parts." Taking a second to breathe, he continued. "I've been wondering whether you know something about her. I believe she is supposedly a reporter who hangs about Penecia." Add had no guarantee that Sharaku knew something about this matter. But since they met here like this, he just couldn't help asking. He still didn't know if he should tell his companion the second part of the event he was part of recently. For now, he was desperate to know something more than he had read on the Internet.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Well, that sure snapped him back to reality. Out of all things that could possibly be the subject of this talk, Sharaku would not have expected Add to ask about that person. What was the deal? Did everyone run into that woman lately, or what? Hearing people talk about her so often was no fun. She wasn't a good topic to choose for a small talk, in his opinion. He would frown briefly, not sure how to answer that question, without bringing up unnecessary mess right away. What did he know? Perhaps the other man simply heard some stories, and was interested. There was no guarantee this actually included anything supernatural. Not yet. And he kind of hoped it wouldn't, even though luck was rarely generous when it came to this.

He would give Add a thoughtful glance, his expression contemplative. ''Her? I suppose I know who she is. Why are you interested in that? I'd say she is not the kind of person you'd want to get involved with, unless you really have to.'' First, he'd rather know why was the man even asking. He did not want to say something more than needed, in case it was just random curiosity. He supposed it was possible that there was some gossip, seeing as she had made a weird appearance at least twice already, as far as he was aware. May have been even more that he did not know about yet.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:20 am

The question posed by Add sure brought Sharaku back to life. Judging by the shift of his companion's attention. /"This would suggest that he knows something.. Maybe something I need to know about her."/ Yes, the young man was certain that Sharaku knew something about the matter. However, he still wasn't sure if he wanted to tell him about the.. event, that happened when he went to investigate the chick.

Why was he interested, though.. How was he supposed to know that? He just felt.. drawn to stories about her, ever since he'd heard about her. "Let's say.. I've witnessed a certain event, when I went to investigate the rumours about her, when my curiosity got tickled by them." That should do it? Add wasn't good at this serious talk, so he felt his word choice was quite poor for the topic he asked about. But he didn't reveal too much, right? He hoped there was a way to just pull out of conversation if he indeed struck a wierd-point.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:46 am

Such a vague answer. That did not help to make Sharaku sure about what was fine to be said. Then again, the mention of an event suggested things. If it was any of what he was thinking about, he had to wonder why would Add ask him? Did he look like he practiced such daily? Oki had easily told him as well, and he wasn't getting what made people spill like that. Wasn't it a risk to hint towards these things without knowing what the possible consequence may be? Unless the man had been talking about something unrelated, but that was certainly doubtful, when the concern was that woman. He would think for several moments, tapping his fingers against the table meanwhile. What to say to that..?

''Event...?''
, he would inquire a bit absentmindedly, as if asking himself, rather than his companion. He would follow up with a faint sigh. ''What did she do this time..?'' This was really getting out of hand. ''I can't tell you much unless I know we're on the same page here. Though, I have no idea why did you even choose to ask me in the first place. What exactly do you mean by witnessing an event?'' Would the man tell? Either way, he wasn't going to tell anything specific until he knew what was he working with. If Add chose to back down, his choice. He would keep this in mind just in case then.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm

For some reason, Add had a feeling that Sharaku knew the chick quite a bit more than just rumours. He wanted to ask so many questions, but when Sharaku said that he'd need to spill the beans before he can fully answer, he knew he was right. But as to why he chose Sharaku for this matter... He didn't really choose him, he just wanted to know if the rumours were really true. Instead, he most likely stumbled upon somebody who knew more about the matter than just urban legends.

He had to tell Sharaku the full version, otherwise he wouldn't get any answers. Add was very well aware of that fact. But was he in well enough mental state to do such a thing? Telling Sharaku the story could have several outcomes. He could be considered an even worse wierdo than he is now. He could be telling all of this to an accomplice of the Group that was after him. However.. He could be telling this to somebody, who would be able to help him. In what way, he wasn't sure yet. But he knew he needed to talk to somebody about this. Who else would he choose, other than the man sitting across the table? He barely knew anybody in this place; a result of a messed up childhood. The young man wasn't happy about the fact he'd have to blindly trust somebody, but he feared he had no other option at this point.

After few moments of contemplating, Add spoke up, his voice somewhat above whisper. "You're one of few people I know around here, Sharaku and the only one I've seen more than on one occasion." He then would look straight on Sharaku, seriousness mixed with desperation and worry in his eyes. "I can trust you... right?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:09 pm

That was not the answer Sharaku had been expecting. Alright, the answer, perhaps, but definitely not the tone that accompanied it. This was not something he was used to. Was the man afraid to speak, or? He hadn't come across this kind of situation before. For a few moments, he would give Add a slightly quizzical look, before looking to the side. ''Fair. However, I'm not sure I should be answering that question.'' Trust was something you needed to decide on, no? He could say yes all he wanted to, but that wouldn't guarantee anything. Add should be the one to come to his own conclusion. You choose to trust people, not have them decide whether you should for you. He didn't get how would his answer change anything.

''Who am I to tell you whether you can trust me or not? I'd say yes, but ultimately, that is up to you to decide.''
Really, Add should be the one making up his mind. He himself, was okay with going either way. Sure, he would like to know, but he wasn't about to dig for something that wasn't guaranteed. For all he knew, Add could be trying to tell him something completely unrelated to the mess.
Back to top Go down
Nezha

Nezha

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:30 pm

The young man was well aware that only he and he alone could answer the question. But what was the right answer? Add desperately wanted to say yes, to agree with Sharaku. And it would seem that it would have to be like that. Add despised blindly trusting somebody, but if he had to trust somebody, his best bet would most likely be his companion. The young man would give a small sigh and reply. "I know that you can't tell me to trust you. So I think that I'll just have to blindly trust you, whether I like it or not."

Add would give a small sigh, again, only to be startled by the waiter who came back with their hot drinks. The waiter didn't seem to notice Add's reaction, and quickly left after he placed down the cups and saying 'enjoy'. The young man's heart was racing, but managed to quickly compose himself back, regaining his seriousness. He would speak up again, as he stirred the hot choco, watching the grated coconut spin around. "I guess that I should get to the story itself, shouldn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]   Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Chocolate & Emperor's New Clothes [Sharaku]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next