Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm

A sound observation, in a way. ''Actually, you are partially right. I am not a fan of physical conflict in general, however, when someone asks for it, I'll give them what they want. I used to be against it completely long ago, but I sort of had to rework my opinion as time went. I do not seek violence, but I have no intention of backing down when it comes to it either. I would rather go with the verbal version, indeed.'', he would throw back, leaning one elbow against the bench handle during his speech. It was indeed true that he was more likely to stomp people down with well aimed remarks. It suited his style much more, but he was no stranger to a physical scruffle when it was needed.

He would make a slightly exasperated face when Oki inquired a more indepth explanation on the rift thing. ''Simply put. I've met a person that seemed to have the power to manipulate the rifts rather well. You see, not so long ago, they looked different. They were just simple portals...like distant windows. Now, the rifts practically meld together with this side. Frankly said, the person made the change within a few seconds, and what was said suggested that their goal was completely elsewhere. Looking for something, apparently. I don't really see the collision of the two worlds as the initial reason at all, just a side effect to something else, whatever it is.'', he would explain, still keeping some things vague, however. Hopefully, that was enough. He had already gone out of his way here.

''Then don't. It's better to not think of doomsday already.'', he'd state simply at Oki's wonderings about the time left. He honestly prefered to keep the present in mind, and perhaps very near future, but looking too far ahead usually failed in one way or another. There probably was a limit, that he knew, but worrying sick about it would not help one's state of mind. ''Digging, huh? I suppose that's what is being done anyway.'', he'd say with a slight shrug. While those friends were an option, he had no reason to believe it to be a truth yet. It wasn't the safest thing to rely on, when having absolutely no proof, aside from words of a very strange girl.

He would give Oki a sideways glance, when the other said a summary was okay and all. ''You know, there are already plenty of people that are aware of this being a thing. Not many know much about it, however, that I'll admit. Information is dangerous to come by.'', he would comment, shifting in his seat a little before he continued. ''Let's start off with what you saw. The occurence in San Malarus you speak of is not a new thing. It has happened...at least 4 times already, and that is only what I am aware of. In fact, I faced pretty much the same when I stumbled across this the first time. It seems to be one of the ways that people gain these powers, so to speak. Others get kidnapped to the other side somehow, and face things there. The problem here is, that we do not know who is causing this change in general.'', he would say, frowning a little. ''Many things that are happening lately have something to do with this. If you remember the whole boom around two girls getting kidnapped some time ago, then that was a result of this as well. The other side itself seems to be struggling with problems, albeit a bit different than those we have here. There's just way too much to consider at once, and nothing exact to hang onto. Is that enough of a short summary for you?'', he'd finish speaking, the question at the end a bit bemused. He had obviously left out a lot, but he wasn't about to speak for ages, nor just tell everything right here and now.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 pm

“Mmm. Life does that to ya, but at least now I know not tick you off too much then,” Oki said with an appreciative smile. While the being still didn’t understand the guy at least this little bit of opening up was nice. Still Oki knew better than to push its luck any further. It would simply have to get to know the other slowly if the man allowed them to continue meeting long after this. In any case, when the subject came back to rifts, Oki blinked as it leaned back slightly at the look on Sharaku’s face when it requested more information. What? It wasn’t asking for the whole story. It just needed some sort of ground before jumping head first into this mess. If the guy didn’t want to say anything, he could’ve just blown it off rather than make such a face over the matter. Sharaku was indeed strange, but despite the face, it seemed like the man was willing to share some of what he knew.

Another that could change the way rifts behaved on a whim was searching for something….Was that person searching for the girl then? Or the friends? Or something even more than that? The thoughts whirled, but Oki kept its speculation to itself as it folded its arms and thought for a bit.

“Fair enough. Just one more question then on the subject. This person…what does it look like?” Oki asked, this question coming more from a cautious standpoint rather than a pry for more information. It knew the reporter girl on sight, but this rift changer…Oki wanted to be sure it knew said changer on sight too. If its intents were malicious, being able to recognize the being could help Oki avoid unnecessary trouble. Again, Oki left it up to Sharaku to answer or not. In the end, the being would probably get to know mysterious person X in time, especially if said person was on the opposite end of the board as the girl….or working to keep them from finding the truth.

After the question was asked Oki would be quiet until the subject of time came up and it said its piece to Sharaku. The response back took Oki by surprise as the being’s eyes locked on the other quite sharply as it heard the words. It was an information gather. It was trained to analyze all data from all angles and give reports. Never in its life had it been told not to analyze something, Until now. Sure, Sharaku words weren’t a command, but the way they were spoken immediately triggered the conditioning within Oki as it took in the words carefully before blinking and looking away.

“I shall…consider your suggestion then,” Oki responded back hesitantly as it mind did what it could to not pick that apart any further. Despite the small hic-up the words caused Oki would eventually return more or less to itself as it heard the comment on digging. To this Oki shrugged.

“Perhaps so, but honestly if one is running in circles that is all you can do to go forward,” Oki said with a light shake of its head. These friends and that purple world were all that it had to go on. That and trusting the reporter to be a good thing and not a bad one. It was all very muddled and only became more muddled as the talk went on.

When Sharaku gave the being a sideways look when it asked for a summary, Oki thought for a moment it was about to be told off in some fashion. You know like the offer was a joke? However, when Sharaku began to speak Oki would take note of the warning as it watched the other from the corner of its eye. Ah yes. The price it knew well enough when it came to information seeking. Still, it was a risk that had to be taken if progress was ever to be made. Despite knowing this price, Oki wouldn’t be a smart ass about it as the being remained calm and patiently waited for the other to go on. As the other shifted in his seat and began to talk, Oki would listen taking in the details one by one.

The reporter had appeared three other times to different parties including Sharaku. Her appearance was a sort of way to awaken the supernatural power within people…although another method was getting thrown into the other side. Who or what sparked the changes within the chosen and determined these encounters or kidnapping was something lost to the mist. It seemed like this was a problem that Sharaku wanted to get to the bottom of, but from the frown on his face maybe he wasn’t getting anywhere on that end either.

He said that these odd encounters had a connection to what was going on in the real world. The two kidnapped girls were one case and on the other side there were other issues at hand, In a nutshell, chaos was everywhere with no concrete answer to go on or no one really trying to stop it. Thus, back to square one.

Oki would remain quiet for a moment longer before nodding at the question at the end and giving the other a light smile.

“Yes. That will do. I thank you for the time and tolerance to do that much,” Oki said with a light nod before looking at the station clock and sighing as it stood up in stretched a bit before turning to look at Sharaku.

“I honestly don’t know how it is that we keep bumping into each other like this, but I am glad we did meet again otherwise I am not sure where I’d be at the moment. I would enjoy another encounter with you one day, but how about we throw out the factor of randomness, hmm? Care to exchange numbers?” Oki asked as it tilted its head at the other lightly as it made the offer to the other.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:11 pm

''I don't get truly ticked off easily.'' Sharaku would comment, a faintly amused smile in tow. As said, he wasn't a true fan of violence. It was moreso situational, when he couldn't see another way out of a situation. Or someone was skilled enough to really rile him up. But, that was more rare than not, seeing as he had fairly good self control when it came to such. He was more likely to become offensive with words, than lash out physically, unless badly startled, that is. On the other hand, there were times when a punch to someone's face did sound satisfying. Still, he usually kept that only as an imagination...or perhaps a threat which tended to ensure he did not have to go so far. Not everyone was bold enough to risk getting sacked when he went as far as voicing out the possibility of that happening.

When Oki voiced the inquiry about the person he had mentioned, he would hum lightly. Ah well, he should have considered the possibility of getting asked further. Then again, he supposed it wouldn't truly hurt. At least, Oki would know who not to trifle with casually. Though, he did not pride himself on his descriptive skills, so this would most likely be quite..lackluster, so to say. ''A woman. With long reddish brown hair. She looks kind of fierce. Can't tell much more. She seems to like wearing a brownish cloak to hide herself, so I didn't see her for too long. Was distracted as well.'', he'd say, with a somewhat sheepish shrug. He could easily recognize her if he saw her, or a picture of her...but describing was hard. He wasn't the most visual person in the world.

As Oki reacted a bit sharply to his suggestion...he'd give a slightly confused glance at the other, but only nod in response, when he heard the following words. He had no idea what had he said wrong, so he wouldn't dissect the issue blindly. Not in the middle of a conversation such as this one. ''Maybe, maybe not. No one knows the answer yet.'', he'd state flippantly, when Oki brought up walking in circles. They were indeed...and whether digging would end up setting them on a more straight course..was up in the air for now.

''Not a big deal.'', he'd nod with a faint smile, when Oki thanked him. It wasn't a bother to him, albeit just a little annoying to have to review it all. That aside, however, he was fine. ''Fine by me. A phone number doesn't kill.'', he'd throw back jokingly. Honestly, he already had so many people's numbers, it didn't even matter whether he got one more or not.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Oki would listen to Sharaku’s statement with a light smile, truly glad it had met the other. While this conversation by no means meant they were the best of friends all of a sudden, it did help Oki understand the other better and in turn relax easier in the guy’s presence. As the other finished the statement, Oki would nod lightly as it leaned forward and rested its arms on its legs. Turning its head to look at the other, the being would nod lightly.

“That is a good trait to have,” the being said lightly before falling silent for a few seconds as its mind took a moment to shift through other thoughts. Once the chaos upstairs settled enough to focus once more, Oki would absorb what information it could from Sharaku before asking it’s inquiry about the woman’s description. The response back was a light hum followed by a description that in normal people’s hands would seem too vague for words, but for Oki the words were enough to settle with for now. It figured if this lady was bad news, then it wouldn’t take much to put the rest of the pieces together if the being did find more information or had the misfortune of running into the lady.

In any case, while it was tempting to ask what had Sharaku distracted, Oki kept the question at bay as it felt as if it was perhaps pushing its limits there.

“I see. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks,” were the calm words that flowed out of Oki’s mouth once the man was done speaking. So that was that. Moving along.

It would appear that Oki’s reaction to Sharaku’s suggestion about not thinking about things that had yet to come had taken the dark haired male by surprise. As the confused look came upon the other’s face, Oki was scared for a moment that it would have to find a way to avoid explaining exactly why it had done what it had done. Thankfully, Sharaku did not pry into the reaction as he instead took the being’s words and left things as they were. With that out of the way, Oki would shake itself back to normal, tilting its head in response to the words that were spoken regarding circles and digging for answers.

While the answer may have irked some Oki was hardly phased as it blinked at the other and nodded.

“Heh. True, true,” it said with a light chuckle of amusement before it became quite once more to figure out its next course of action now that it was thinking straight again. After a moment of tying some lose ends and finding some clarities within, Oki had gotten up and looked over at Sharaku and said its thank yous before asking for Sharaku’s phone number. The being did not have any other number outside of Hyde’s a fault of its own perhaps, but there were not many outside of Hyde it wished to keep up with until now.

As Sharaku said that it was fine, Oki pulled out the turquoise phone with flowers and after fiddling with the thing a bit it looked at Sharaku “Ready.” It would say before it waited for him to give his number.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Was it? Perhaps. Fuming too easily could prove to be bad. On the other hand, taking everything without a care wasn't the best either. ''Maybe so.'' Sharaku would sort of wave that topic off with a simple statement. A discussion about getting angry and all was a weird one in the first place. It didn't disturb him, but it was a little out of place at the current moment.

His next few statements got answered in rather simple ways, and he found himself responding only with a faint nod in both cases. Really. There wasn't anything worth saying on his mind at the times, so he didn't bother. In case Oki was interested in more talk about the subjects, there was the option of initiating a further discussion. But he wasn't going to chase after it himself right now. As talkative as he could be, there wasn't anything that interested him greatly enough to follow up with some sort of pokeback. So, that was that, as long as Oki did not bring up something more.

He would pull a slightly amused smile when he saw the color and pattern of Oki's phone. A strange combination, and he wouldn't have neccesarily expected that out of the other. People were unusually surprising at times. ''Very well. *insert number here*.'', he'd answer, leaning against the back of the bench. If Oki made to tell him in return right now, he could remember from listening. Though, there was also the simple option of the other texting him or something so he'd have the number anyway.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:21 pm

The conversation of getting angry was ended by Sharaku’s short statement. Oki didn’t mind. There was no need to continue that conversation, lest someone really did become mad due to disagreements or annoyances. In any case, the conversation began to dwindle as small chat and nods were exchanged instead of loads of words. Oki was nearing its limits for the day in the mental department and it didn’t exactly want to waste Sharaku’s time with pointless chatter. It got what it needed for now, so it was content. Now all it need was time to recover from it all and perhaps at some other time encounter Sharaku again if he allowed it and chat some more about this or other subjects.

In any case, as the being’s energy came to a close it had gotten up from its seat and asked for the other’s number. It took note that Sharaku had amused smile on his face when it pulled out its phone, but it only gave him a light smirk and a shake of the head back not really caring what the other thought of the phone. It was Oki’s phone and Oki was proud of it. Period.

In any case, when the other gave the being the number, it tapped the numbers in before nodding and looking over at the other as it slid the phone back into its pocket.

“Thank you. *insert number* Got it memorized?” Oki said with a smirk as it tapped the side of its head lightly as it leaned towards Sharaku playfully. The playful lean would eventually change into a respectful bow to the other.

“I really don’t know how to thank you for what you’ve done here Sharaku, but I really do appreciate it, so don’t be afraid to keep in touch,” Oki said in softer tones as it looked up at the other with a light wink. Then straightening up, the being would nod at the other before it turned and began to head into the crowds.

“Until next time, Shaku, Take care,” the being called as it waved towards the other without turning around and then just like that the old being had vanished into the crowds of the station.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm

''You're welcome. And yes, I did.'' For now. Sharaku would respond nonchalantly, simply watching Oki's weird combination of lean in and a bow. He didn't question those things anymore. Oki seemed to have a strange perception of close space, as far as he had taken notice so far. And he didn't mind, as long as it didn't involve any kind of threat. ''You don't have to. Or, if you want, not getting yourself killed would be a good one.'' What was there to thank for anyway? Hm. ''Yes, see you.'', he'd respond calmly, watching the other walk off. Well, that was that. It made him wonder, if at this rate...all of Azores would eventually get the power in some way or form. There sure was an influx lately. So complicated. With a sigh, he would stand up, looking ahead. Where had he originally been going..?

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 am

Oki and Sharaku's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)   Adjusting to the New (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adjusting to the New (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2