Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Akumu

Akumu

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) Empty
PostSubject: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Penecia Island, an island loaded with much to do for the rich and curious, was a place always bustling with life as people treaded here and there on their errands and fun filled adventures. With all the commotion about, it was surprising if anyone stopped for a second to truly look around the island and find the strange cracks of contradiction here and there.

A super-mall overshadowing a closed down mom and pop store. A large house hiding a long forgotten smaller one in the backyard. The rich and fun loving passing by the poor and hateful on the streets. Contradictions. The very thing that humans were was represented in full color on this island. An island that appeared to be normal enough. An island that appeared to be ordinary. However, just like the people and sights on the island, Penecia was just as normal as it was abnormal, but to catch this strange flaw one would have to be seeking it or at least be sensitive to way spirits flowed in the world..

Unlike all the other flaws of this beauty, the abnormal appeared as something ordinary. It was a building. An abandoned looking one to ordinary eye. Plain and grey. Weather beaten and decaying. Unappealing to the normal who shied away from the place like it was the plague; however, to the sensitive to the abnormal, there would appear to be a slight shimmer in the gapping maw that was the buildings doorway. And if one were to step into that shimmer out of curiosity, then the little cat would find a very different story on the other side.

As if stepping into a completely different world, the old building would become a rather spacious oriental house that was well kept and decorated sparsely with furniture and art. The detail of the home and the way everything was shaded was perfectly balanced by the open screens that let in the natural light and crisp cool air of outside. The faint scent of flowers and snow hung in the air no doubt coming from a garden nearby.

The home was cozy and welcoming and yet no one seemed to be here. Why?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Sharaku hadn't been planning this, really. But, as they say, curiosity killed the cat, not the human. Or something like that. Either way, it wasn't that walking around was boring, but he didn't have a specific goal in mind. At first, he didn't pay much mind to said building, or so he tried. Then again, he did find it weird. Seeing as he knew enough about portals, this one didn't strike him the same as those that lead to the other worlds. Besides...why a house.

On any other day, he would perhaps have just given it a weird look and went on, but he was sort of out of things to do at that moment. Which was pretty much the reason as to why was he even looking in that direction in the first place. It couldn't do any harm to stick his head in. He could just as well walk right out if it wasn't pretty on the other side. Actually, he had been considering that exact course of action...but, it didn't go as planned. The weird change of scenery made him stop and glance around, rather confused. Okay, so who in the world makes a 'house inside a house' by the use of a rift? Some people were really strange. Either way, he stayed still where he was, not moving for a while, just looking at the weird, decorated place.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:52 am

Winter.

In the outside world that the humans resided in the season took full hold of the world. On some days it snowed and the wind howled. On other days the world became still with only the cold breath of Lady Winter lingering in the air. The human’s reality changed drastically every second, but for this home within a rift things did not change as much.

Sure, the seasons changed, but unlike the human world this place inbetween reality and dream had subtle changes in temperature and the way the animals and plants reacted to the changes. There was no snow here. No frost. No rain. There was only the shift in light and dark, warm and cold, and the constant tick of time that existed in this strange world that existed in the rift.

This was the world of spirits, a place where the living hardly traveled, but today it would seem that Chance had drawn a guest into this world. It was a tall man with a strange skin tone and even stranger eyes. He had seen the rift from the normal world and perhaps out of curiosity had stepped up the rift and entered…and the spirits easily bowed out of his way allowing him into the odd and seemingly empty home.

As the man stood at the entrance looking around, the sounds of birds could be heard from a hidden garden as a cool breeze blew through the area. This tranquil air would last for only a moment before a voice was speaking out to the man at the door.

“It seems that Fate has brought us together again,” the voice said softly as the area around the man began to warp and twist before become a blur that blew past him in a gust of wind. When the world stopped moving once more, the man at the door would find that he was no longer at the front of the house, but instead just outside of a large rectangular room that had its painted screen doors flung wide.

Across the threshold was a mostly empty room with thin windows that let in light and air. In the center of this room was a low table where an odd man in strange robes sat quietly on the far side facing the door and the man just outside of the room.

Painted almond shaped blue eyes would narrow lightly with the small smile the man called Akumu gave the other as he raised one hand and gestured to the pillow at the opposite of side of the table.

“How may I help you, Mr. Sharaku?” the old attendant asked calmly as he watched the other, seeing if he would take the offered seat or not. Regardless of what happened, Akumu would remain calmly watching the man he had been unsure of before. As he watched he wondered why Fate had brought him such a person once more.

He was no guest of the Velvet Room and the aura around him suggested he was quite different from those that had the potential to become said guest of said room. Was this one perhaps seeking him out? Or had Fate led him her for different reasons?

Curious, he would await his answer in calm silence.

Akumu is currently still neutral towards Sharaku, but at the same time this does not stop him from being welcoming to the other.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:42 pm

''....?..''

Sharaku would scowl lightly as the world moved about. Whatever trick this was didn't strike him as very funny. Couldn't he have just walked towards that room on his own...? Either way, he would raise an eyebrow once his sight settled on the man sitting there. Well, that explained a few things. Whoever this guy was, he sure liked playing magic tricks. The bird back then, and now this weird place. He would tilt his head somewhat, watching Akumu with contemplation for several moments when the man offered him a seat. Ah well. Seeing as he was already here, it didn't matter, did it..? He would take it, albeit a little cautiously as he walked over. He didn't know what to really think of this man.

''I don't think I have a solid answer for that. I can't say I was planning this.''
, he would answer nonchalantly when Akumu raised the inquiry. He wasn't here for an actual reason, that was a fact. Which meant, he was not about to ask for anything either. This just..happened. He would simply look at the man calmly, waiting for what would this end up as.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Displeasure followed by some form of clarity. That is what Akumu read in the other’s face as Sharaku spotted him. The man would stay in the doorway for a moment or two seemingly considering things before he crossed the threshold and entered the space where Akumu resided. Staying tranquil as always, Akumu would give the other as much time as he needed to settle into this space in existence. The old attendant could understand that those that were unlike himself would find this place too odd for comfort and if one wished it, then the one who had entered could leave at will. After all, much like entering time was determined by the guest rather than Akumu.

In any case, the old attendant was patient enough as he waited for the man to enter and take a seat. He took note of the cautiousness of the other, but did not make any action or say anything that suggested this had offended him. When the other was finally settled and answered his question, Akumu nodded.

“Nothing is ever planned and yet we always find ourselves in the oddest of situations when we least expect it,” Akumu said with a light smile as he continued to relax on the pillow he was upon. “However, I do not think it was coincidence either that led you here. Not just anyone can find my door let alone enter here so easily. Yet you came in without a problem. Surely there is something you wanted. Just ask and I shall answer to the best of my abilities.”

There was no pressure behind Akumu’s words. He was just simply stating facts before becoming quiet once more and allowed a silence fall between the pair for a moment as calm blue eyes studied the shadow like ones of the man across from him. This one was strange and hard to read, so Akumu was not quite sure why Fate had brought them together once more; however, not one to doubt the spirits Akumu figured he’d simply have to wait to discover what was needed to be done here.

After a moment more of study, Akumu blinked before looking away from the other as he dug in his long sleeves. From them he produced an elegant pipe and a box of some sort. Placing the box upon the table, Akumu would look at the other.

“Do you smoke, Mr. Sharaku?” he would ask as he opened the box and turned it towards the other. A neat row of cigarettes would be there and an old lighter. “If so, help yourself. If not, I hope you don’t mind me doing so,” he said showing him the pipe before falling silent to see if an answer should occur. Being ever respectful, Akumu would not dare light the pipe unless his guest was fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Sharaku would give the man a slightly quizzical look. Not coincidence, eh? What then? And he still didn't really want anything. He was here just because he was curious enough to look at a weird space rift, that was all there was to it at the moment. ''I'm used to rifts like these already. And no, not really. Should I want something...? Though, if you insist. I am wondering what kind of a trick that was with the bird back then. Not what I see everyday.'', he'd concede after a moment. Frankly, he didn't really believe he was there for a specific reason, but for now, he could play along. Akumu wanted questions, so be it. It was a way to pass time after all.

Other than that, he just watched the other man calmly, not habing an intetion of stirring anything up. Though, he would squint a little when the man fiddled with his sleeves. Hm? He would blink a few times at the following offer. ''Yes.'', he would answer, pretty much without thinking, though he would take a moment to observe the offered box. Yes or no? He did have his own after all. Then again, he wasn't against trying something different. ''Also, I don't mind. Go ahead.'', he would add, eventually taking one, though fiddling with the lighter for quite a bit until he got it right. He was much more used to matches. Flaming sticks were more entertaining, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Akumu watched the other respond to his words. He saw the questions flowing there, but for whatever reason the man was not asking them. What a shame. Akumu would much like to know what the man thought; however, the old being knew better than to meddle and so would keep his respectful silence. When the other spoke, Akumu listened his small smile remaining as his thoughts stayed hidden.

“Ah, so I have been found out,”
Akumu said his words remaining soft and calm as ever as his small smile turned into a light smirk. “You are quite right. Not everyone can call upon magic so easily, but as I stated before an old friend taught me the trick a long time ago. It is called spirit weaving,” Akumu said as he moved one hand through the air pulling at the hidden spirits there. He would pull the spirits like threads into a small ball that quickly form to become a small porcelain clown in the being’s hand. The clown was dressed as a court jester though its white face was quite blank making it hard to tell what the black eyed doll was thinking as it sat quietly in Akumu’s hand tilting its small face towards Sharaku examining him.

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) Il_340x270.664897504_9l4p

“It is an ancient art not learned by humans as far as I can tell, but it is usefully in times of need,” Akumu said and then becoming slightly more serious, he tilted his head at Sharaku. “Do you know how Rita is doing now?”

Akumu would fall silent once again to allow the other to answer if the he wished to. After a few ticks of the silence, Akumu would move once more. He carefully placed the little being on the table. The doll would sit on the smooth wood looking around the room as Akumu became busy with finding some items in its sleeves. A few moments later, he produced the box and pipe before speaking to his guest and making the offer.

The other answered him easily enough before giving him permission to smoke his pipe. Quite pleased, Akumu would nod lightly before busying himself with the pipe. Within a few seconds, the pipe was lit. Taking a quiet drag off the pipe, Akumu would let the smoke flow out his mouth quietly as he watched his guest from the corner of his eye. He saw the gentleman take the cigarette after much thought and then pick up the lighter to light it.

Not making any comment about the trouble the gentleman was having with the lighter, Akumu would make a note in the future to offer matches instead. Regardless of this note, Akumu would remain quiet for a few seconds more before blue eyes settled fully upon the other once again.

“You said you are already accustomed to the rifts. That is quite a rare trait in humans. If you don’t mind me asking…just where did you learn how to see them?” Akumu asked calmly as the small jester blinked and tilted its head lightly remaining expressionless as always as it listened.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Interesting response. Yet, Sharaku wouldn't say he was much wiser after hearing it. What was spirit weaving anyway..? It seemed different from whatever 'magic' he had seen before. The answer he had been given struck him vague enough. He didn't manage to gather more than that it was some sort of trick that couldn't be performed by humans. The strange doll didn't change that. It was rather different from the bird. Still, he would only do as much as raise an eyebrow, leaving it at that for now.

Besides, he had a question to focus on. Well, not really. There wasn't much to say to that subject. ''I haven't met her since that day yet. But she seemed well enough some time after what happened.'', he would answer simply after a short moment of contemplation. She did seem happier back then...or at least not so down anymore. Then again, he was not the best at reading moods. Still, he though he was at least somewhat right. As much as he missed at times, he wouldn't go as far as mixing up ones that were completely opposite of each other or such.

He was still sort of fiddling with the cancer stick when Akumu raised his next inquiry, but he would direct his glance at the other man after hearing it. Where...? Well, that was an easy question. Though, he wasn't sure whether 'learn' was the right way to put it. Was that what it had been? It's not like he was conscious of any learning process associated with it. He would give a casual shrug. ''Happened when a few Shadows decided to cross over here and attack people. Though, I don't know if I'd say it's so rare anymore. I know of plenty that can see them by now.'' He figured this guy knew something about it when he performed tricks casually and made his own portals. And if not, it wasn't as if he was obliged to elaborate on what he had meant. He would give a glance at the doll meanwhile...he wasn't sure why was the thing watching him and all, but it felt weird. He prefered animals anyway. The bird had been nicer in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 pm

It was hard explaining the ancient magic that Akumu was taught without going much further into his past. While Akumu had no issues answering questions in order to guide others, he was not one to share his secrets, so easily. To be truthful, outside of the one who had taught him all he knew, the gods, and his master, no one really knew the old attendant. Not even his current siblings were that close to him. He only allowed surface material to show saving anything deeper for someone who had truly gained his trust. While it was true Sharaku had been met once before and a connection of a sort had been made with the other, Akumu still did not know the odd man. As a result, he remained mostly shut and gave only a hint of answers here and there.

To his words, Akumu got the feeling the other wasn’t completely satisfied with what he heard; however, just like before the man did not pry and Akumu did nothing to try and figure out why. He remained on neutral ground with the other as he continued to quietly observe the other.

When the other raised an eyebrow at the doll, the doll simply tilted its head curiously at him as if it was trying to figure him out, but had no way of communicating its words. In any case, the doll would continue its observation for a moment longer while Akumu kept his focus on his guest.

When he heard the answer to his first question, the old attendant closed his eyes lightly as he held the pipe elegantly in one hand. A small smile came upon his pale lips as he nodded slightly.

“I am glad that things worked out then,” Akumu would say before falling silent once more. He would eventually open his eyes and watch the other from the corner of his eye struggle with the cigarette and lighter a while longer before he asked his second question regarding the rifts. Staying as patient as usual, Akumu gave the other his chance to answer.

When the other spoke, Akumu’s head tilted lightly at the words.

“My. My, Times have changed quite a bit if what you say is true. A long time ago, the trait was rare and now you say many has the ability. On top of this, it seems Shadows have decided to get more bold in their hunting tactics. I wonder what this world is coming to cause such chaos that both shadows and spirits react so strongly to it,” Akumu said before he fell into thought about the situation allowing another silence to fall between them.

As he thought, the small doll had gotten up from its spot and had walked to the edge of the table. It stood on the edge looking down at the ground far below contemplating if it wanted to get down or not before it took a leap and with a light jingle of bells landed on the ground. Getting back to its feet, the little being looked around the house before heading towards the door. Unphased by the small spirit doing as it pleased, Akumu remained in thought.

If Sharaku wanted information, then he’d have to ask questions. Otherwise there was no telling what might become of the conversation.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Changed...? Someone was a bit behind in time right here. This had been happening for a while, yet it seemed Akumu only took notice after being told. Hm, a bit strange. ''I don't know what it is yet, but it isn't good, that I can tell. Though, you're a bit slow to catch up, if I may say. This has started a while ago.'', he'd comment, giving the man a solemn look. It was a bit surprising that someone who practiced magic tricks like that hadn't taken serious notice of this sooner. It was already causing some havoc here and there.

Honestly, he didn't feel too inspired to keep talking. This man was strange, and he didn't even know what to talk about in the first place. The small talk was a bit dull. He wasn't bored yet, but neither did he feel entertained at all. He would get a bit distracted by the doll, but only as far as to watch it walk off for a moment, before turning his gaze back forwards, blowing a bit of smoke, but otherwise staying silent. He really had no interest to speak up as it was now. Not unless something caught his fancy enough. He didn't do things unless he felt like it at least a little.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Akumu’s would think some more before looking up at the other as he spoke. As he heard the words, his eyes narrowed as his usual smile vanished.

“Slow to catch up?” he repeated calmly as he watched the other with serious blue eyes. “I must admit that I do tend to be out of the loop with most things; however, unlike those of your world, I am not as free to see when or how these things occur. I simply know what the spirits allow me to know,” Akumu said as he bowed his head shaking it lightly, seemingly slightly frustrated with the situation; however, just as quickly as the displeasure appeared it was gone as he looked up at the other.

“I agree. The situation is unfolding in a unpleasant fashion; however, if shadows are attacking and more eyes are being opened to the rifts, then it must mean the gods are involved as well. It would seem a war of some sort is brewing and whatever is causing the shifts in the world is only the beginning of it,”
Akumu said not worrying about sugar coating anything with someone in the know in front of him. The old attendant fell silent for a moment as he thought once more. He took notice the man was distracted by the doll, but did not say anything. When the other looked back at him, the old attendant met his eyes evenly.

“Since you are more in the know than I am currently, perhaps you can fill me in on the time frame this strangeness has been occurring. And perhaps you can aid me with one more thing,”
he would pause for a moment before saying his next words, wondering if he may be stepping out of bounds here, but…

“The disappearances that occurred….What do you know of the situation and the condition of the one caught and the ones returned now?”

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Hm, weird. Why not..? The man seemed interested enough, and he was basically around, seeing as this was the second time they met. Couldn't Akumu just walk through the rift out himself and observe? Why rely only on spirits..? ''I just figured you knew more, seeing as you showed interest in it. We did meet outside back then, and it isn't like you couldn't walk out the way I came in, is it? You seemed free enough so far.'', Sharaku would state matter of factly, just going from what he noticed so far. He wasn't interested in starting an argument, however. Just putting it out there.

''Many things are apparently involved. There is no answer yet though. And if it is just the beginning, then it will be getting really bad later on.'', he would comment on the following summary. Whether it were Gods, or just mysterious people involved, it was bad either way. If it got way much worse, who knew..? Maybe the whole of Azores would implode or something.

Seeing the man looking at him when he stopped observing the doll, he would just gaze back calmly, shrugging faintly at the 'perhapses'. ''Speaking of timeframe...'', he would pause for a bit, doing counting in his head before continuing, ''..several months I believe. It's winter now. It started at the beginning of fall, I think. Not sure exactly anymore.'' It wasn't like he remembered the exact day. That wasn't something he would happily mark in a diary, if he even had one to begin with. Though, he would go quiet after that, giving Akumu a somewhat inquisitive look. The disappearances. Why would the man want to know about that..? ''You're talking about the two girls, yes? Assuming that I know something, why would you even want to know about such...?'', he'd ask. Small talk had limits too. He barely knew much about the man. He wasn't obliged to give out info all of a sudden like that. It was just strange. First, all shocked that so many people are gaining powers, and now casually asking about this. He wasn't about to bite yet. Not if there wasn't some reason behind this out of place questioning. That in mind, he didn't even come here to get interrogated.

Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:03 pm

Akumu watched the other carefully as he spoke, his expression becoming more and more neutral as the other continued to talk.

“I am very interested in many things, Mr. Sharaku. The ones involving the spirits and gods are always the most pressing; however, I am not as free as you think I am. The only reason I appeared on that beach was because I was allowed to by those I serve. They give me missions to perform and allow me to wander outside of this realm to perform such things, but with the catch that I remain obedient to where they wish me to be. As much as I would love to wander about and dig into everything, I cannot due to the strict nature of my masters. I can only gather information and guide as far as they allow me to wander and from those they send my way,” Akumu said in his usual calm tones; however, there was a seriousness to his words that said he did not lie. No. He had told the man the truth in so far as it needed to be told. Nothing more and nothing less.

After the explanation, Akumu would fall quiet as the man responded to his summary of the situation. To the other words, Akumu nodded lightly in agreement as he let out another quiet stream of smoke. It was true they were being shown bits and pieces of the truth that had many endings, but Akumu had to wonder what sort of ending this one would come to…

The being continued to think before turning to observer the man when he was distracted by the doll. When the other shrugged and answered about the time frame. Akumu’s eyes narrowed slightly. Several months….Had that mission really lasted that long? And why had the spirits not called him sooner? Why leave him out of the loop? Had he lost his worth to them? Or was there something more at play? Hrmm…very troubling indeed, but nothing Akumu would linger on for long. He was here now so he would do what he could…provided he could get untangled from the web of chaos in some fashion.

As the other spoke, the old attendant gave the other a light smile devoid of hostility or warmth. He was amused and understood where this one was coming. They did not know each other and if the other wanted to keep what he knew a secret than he could. Akumu wouldn’t force the other into anything.

“Despite my bound life, I wish to understand what is occurring out there and in turn assist in figuring out what to do with said situation, even if I cannot sway the tables directly, I want to know the truth, thus I am curious about these disappearances and the status of the girls. The spirits point towards the girls as clues, but it has been rather difficult getting more information past that,” Akumu said a hint of frustration to his tone. He hated being bound by rules, but at the same time there was nothing he could do about it, so he could only rely on hope and readings to get very far at this stage in the game.

If he had a strong link outside of the world in between then perhaps the rules would bend a bit more….But who knew that truth except the gods? Yes, the situation was indeed frustrating.

Shaking his head lightly to clear, Akumu would look to the other his smile gone now he watched the other from behind a veil of smoke.

“I am bound by many things, yet ironically I am concerned about what is happening out there. Is it not natural to at least hope that someone from the outside may have some form of news? To hope those that guide you are not leading you in useless circles?” Akumu asked calmly before falling silent once more observing the other, expecting nothing. He had given the truth as far as he felt comfortable giving it now it was up to the other to accept this or not. The other was under no obligation to give him anything after all. They were simply strangers that for whatever reason the spirits had brought together once more. Unfortunately, the reason remained in the midst causing the attendant to work harder than usual to understand this encounter….

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Tsk. Sharaku didn't think he could really understand the idea behind this kind of living. Why even..? He would never willingly let himself be restricted like that, and follow a word unless he wanted to of his own volition. He wasn't a pet after all. What good was behind the concept of having masters..? For one, he hated being ordered around, and he couldn't imagine himself in such a situation. Even death was more welcome than that, to be frank. ''And you're happy with that kind of living..? I'd probably go jump off a cliff if I had to obey someone like that. I prefer to be able to do what I choose.'', he would frown momentarily. That idea was almost making him sick. It's like being bound by invisible chains. He couldn't see how someone managed to live like that. He'd go insane after some time, no doubt about that. If he wasn't yet, that is. Sometimes he felt like so.

He would give Akumu a contemplative stare, leaning his chin on one hand when the man spoke of his reason to want such information. Curiosity is a nice thing. Yet...in this case, it appeared to be moreso a complication. ''Wouldn't it just cause you to worry even more if you knew..? As I see it, you aren't able to act on everything. That's what I gather from your words. What good will knowing details do for you? It's not neccesarily pleasant to have information and then ending up not doing much about it, for one reason or another.'', he would say, shaking his head with a sigh. ''Though, if it'll make you feel better, both of the girls are fine by now. The man that kidnapped them is in prison, as far as I know. Not sure how knowing that will be of any use to you, however.'' That's what the man asked for, no? They were fine as of now. Besides, they had a bigger problem than the girls at the moment, unless someone decided to abduct them again. Who knew what that one woman really wanted.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 pm

I deal with my lot in life the best way I can. That is all anyone can do; however, death is not an ideal escape. Even if I have chains on me and certain aspects of living get under the skin, at least being alive I can perhaps find new paths to make what seems like a bad hand into something better,” Akumu said as the man watched the other. Akumu wasn’t into the idea of killing himself or needless deaths. No. It was better to live, suffer, and learn than waste what was given to you simply because you disliked the idea and wished things to be different.

Wishing and knowing nothing could be done was what drove people mad in bad situations, but accepting the bad lot in life and expecting change to always be there…that is what made this sort of life style easier to swallow even if the life style made other things more complicated. In any case, it would appear that Akumu and his guest were at odds with each other. This did not cause Akumu to hate the other, but it did nothing to sway his earlier uncertainty about the guy. He had given what truth he cared to share in hopes of information and yet this one was quite the difficult one to get said information out of.

As the other spoke, Akumu sighed inwardly as he watched the other with a neutral expression. When the other finished, Akumu was quite for a moment as he thought.

“It does make me feel better knowing that I do not have to worry about any missions on collecting bodies from the other side. Also, it may seem like I am locked in a position where I cannot do much with what is heard or said; however, you’d be highly mistaken if you think that makes my questions futile to ask. Chained and restricted I am, but you’d be surprise how such a lot in life makes the playing field a mess, but not a hopeless case. You just have to learn how to move as what you are,” Akumu said flatly.

While he was thankful for the information he was given, he was not pleased with the way it was given. Surely, the spirits had not brought him someone to become an enemy with. Surely, there was something else underneath, but what that something else was was hard for Akumu to see at the moment.

He was searching for the source of the problems on the other side, searching for ways to get further in to find where the whispers and chaos came from. He had hoped this one would be some form of limb to gain what he sought until he had the power to freely move into the other world himself, but if they could not get along then Akumu would have to simply look elsewhere for an ally in solving this mess. He wasn’t dumb after all. He knew this went beyond just the kidnappings; however, he was seeing if they had anything to offer to the blurry situation.…

In any case, once the words were spoken silence would fall between the attendant and the man. The slowly shifting smoke the only movement outside of the pairs’ breathing in the room.

Caution: The Hierophant Card has turned in an unpleasant fashion. Akumu is not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next