Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] Empty
PostSubject: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 pm

It's been a while since Sharaku's been to this place. Well, correction. He's only been here once before, and it wasn't even his idea back then. But, this and that, it did lead to some interesting consequences. Namely a black ball of fur, that was also the reason he was here today. It wasn't anything serious really, he just wanted to ask something, and the best place would probably be the one where he got the cat in the first place. And, secondary reason, it was the closest and simplest solution as well.

Except, that is was probably not the best idea to take the furball along with him. Oh, that cat knew how to to exactly what he shouldn't...right when he shouldn't. That was like the only thing Sharaku would complain about. Which is why was currently chasing the golden-eyed devil through the store. Ah, dear. ''Would you please mind getting back here, Kage?'', he would grumble as he followed the dodgy cat around. Pretty speak apparently didn't work. Though, it seemed the trolly cat only wanted to go poke about at his fellows in cages. Of course. It STILL meant he had to go catch him before he pawed at something there....
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 am

Cats, cats, cats. So many cats, so little time. Cyrus looked down at the cages of cats, wondering which one he should buy. He decided that today, he was going to break another rule his grandfather gave him. He was going to buy a pet. A cat, specifically. But what kind...? That was when a black fuzz ball found its way to him. A cat that got out of its cage, perhaps? He scooped the cat up and turned to take it to the counter when he came across someone who appeared to be following the animal.

"Oh, is he yours?" Ryuu offered the cat to the man. "He's cute." Ryuu just realized he hadn't introduced himself. Once the man took the cat, he would bow deeply. "Shichiro Ryuu is my name. It's a pleasure to meet you." Ryuu smiled at the man. He was going to try and make another friend. It was on his list of goals for this year after all. On top of finding a girlfriend-- or more accurately, a wife. He didn't fancy an arranged marriage, but that was what awaited him after graduation if he didn't find a wife of his own that his grandfather approved of.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Where di- Oh. Sharaku blinked at the young man holding his cat a few times. Well, this worked as well. ''Ah, yes, thank you. I hope he didn't cause you any trouble.'', he would respond, as he took Kage back. Because, in all honesty, he could think of plenty things. Even a fairly nice cat knew how to brew some serious trouble, and he had learned that over the time he's owned one. He got a little taken aback when the younger man chose to introduce himself so quickly, and in a rather fashionable way. Well, wouldn't you look at it? Someone was using his own style. Sadly, with a cat in his hands, it wasn't very easy to reciprocate.

He did somehow maneuver to manage at least a half-bow without making a mess, Kage waving his tail happily, absoultely not concerned about how much important space he was taking up now. Which was..definitely not surprising at all. ''Sharaku Rikei. The pleasure's all mine, mister.'', he would throw back causually, noticing something strange meanwhile. The way the young man said his name. That was how they did it in Japan, no? Last name first...or at least it sounded as if it was said that way. Interesting. He himself, however didn't prefer putting it that way, even if he had lived in Japan for quite a while in the past. That, and they were in a english speaking country right now anyway. He didn't feel like causing name confusion was the best way to start. That is, if the other took it as it was as well. Then again, he doubted many here chose to reverse names like that.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Ryuu smiled as the other introduced himself. "So, uh... cute cat. I'm actually just about to buy one myself." Ryuu wanted to slap himself. He obviously wasn't well-versed in making friends. "Cute cat"? That was his ice breaker? At least he was trying to make friends now. Maybe once he tried to make a few more friends, he'd get better at it. He just had to get past the awkward stage. Ryuu decided to move on from his brilliant ice breaker.

"So, uh... got any recommendations? I'd like something small. And fluffy. Very fluffy. Kind of like your cat, actually." Ryuu chuckled. "I'm not actually allowed to have pets, so I need something I can hide easily if I have to." Ryuu was a little worried about breaking his grandfather's rules. When he was younger, rule breaking was typically met with punishment so swift and brutal, no one in their right mind would dare risk a punishment like that again. That being the case, Ryuu was understandably afraid. However, he made a resolution to start thinking for himself. He was nearly an adult, after all.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Cute? Sharaku would smile faintly in amusement. ''So, conclusion is, you like cute things then?'', he would joke somewhat. Well, it did come out that way. The young man said his cat was cute, and followed it by saying he was there to buy a cat too. So, he wants a cat that is cute, perhaps. Or maybe not. It made for a funny association though. When the young man asked for recommendations, Sharaku would pause for a bit. He wasn't that much of a cat expert. He could try though. Still....

''Mine isn't really small, to be honest. And he's rather mischievous, as you could have seen. I doubt you'd be able to keep one like that hidden for too long.'', he would chuckle a bit, taking a look around meanwhile. ''Maybe something like this? I believe these ones are a rather small breed.'', he would point at one of the cages after a while. (Clicky this It's an American Curl, by the way) Sure, it wasn't really the same as his, not even in color, but it was small, and cute, perhaps? ''If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you aren't allowed to have a pet?'', he would inquire curiously. Yes, he could guess some parents would decline such a request from their kids, but...there must be a reason, yes? And to top it off, this guy didn't look like a young boy anymore. Surely he could take care of a pet on his own, if he really wanted it.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 am

Ryuu seemed to be a little more on guard when Sharaku made an observation that he liked cute things. "I suppose you could say that." He mumbled. He examined the cat that Sharaku recommended. It was very small and easy to keep hidden. Not only that, it was cute. Incredibly cute. It almost made Ryuu want to squee, it was so cute. But he didn't, because he didn't think it would be proper.

When Sharaku asked him why he couldn't have a pet, his mood got noticeably darker. "Well, I suppose if you're curious, there's no harm in telling you. I have a very..." Ryuu paused. "A very... caring family. They like to look after me. Sometimes a little too much. Anyway, my grandfather says that pets are a waste of time, so i'm not allowed to have one. But..." He seemed to brighten up a little.

"But i'm trying to learn to think and do things for myself."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Sharaku would tilt his head a little, seeing as how Ryuu's mood got worse after that one question. He would listen silently, before raising an eyebrow smoothly. ''I'd agree with that. Family is one thing, but sooner or later you will have to learn to live by yourself.'', he would say, somewhat musing aloud, after Ryuu said he was trying to think for himself. ''Besides, even if a pet was a waste of time, as long as it doesn't cause too much trouble, I wouldn't see it as that much of a problem.'' Sure, a pet required its owner to care for it, but it wasn't like you had to stand on watch 24/7. Unless Ryuu's grandfather wanted him to do something else for the whole day, what was the big deal....? Well, honestly Sharaku didn't really get some people. ''Though, maybe it's just because he himself doesn't like animals...?'', he would question faintly, almost talking more to himself than the teen. Hmm. Kage would choose that time to jump off his arms, intent on wandering around again. ''Oh no. You're not going anywhere now.'', he would mutter, bending down to pick the black cat again. Not here. He wasn't going to chase him around the whole store again.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:17 am

"Heh. Live by myself." Ryuu smiled a little. "My family is a little strange. We all live with my grandfather. It's not as bad as you might think. Our house is large enough for everyone." Ryuu kicked his feet. "It seems like my fate is to stay in the same house, in the same place, working the same job i've been trained to do since the beginning of my life." While this seemed like a depressing thing to say, Ryuu said it with a smile on his face. "Nothing I can do about it."

His smile faded. "I guess that's just how it is."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Sharaku would lift an eyebrow as he listened to Ryuu's explanation. So, the big deal was that his family insisted? Alright, a fair point, but saying you can't do anything about it...is still just not even trying first? Yes, he had no idea how old Ryuu was, but definitely not a little kid anymore. There was always a way, if you wanted it badly enough. ''I'd say, things are ultimately as we make them to be.'', he would say, shrugging lightly. ''There is always a way, if you want something to change strongly enough. You shouldn't be saying there's nothing you can do about a problem, until you have tried everything. That's admitting defeat, is it not?'', he would say, absentmindedly poking at his cat as he spoke. Which was..not the best thing to do, as he got bitten in his finger rather quickly.

''Ow.''
, he would muttter, in slight annoyance, staring at his hand for a bit, before looking back at Ryuu. ''I mean, it's your own choice, but if I was you, I'd want to make my own decision as to what I want to do, not just do what others want of me.'', he would conclude eventually.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Ryuu looked at the ground. Admitting defeat? Maybe that was what he was doing. But what other option did he have? His grandfather would not tolerate any rebellion; he knew that already. When he was a child, he tried to fight the fate he knew awaited him after he graduated High School. This rebellion was always met with punishment that was always swift and brutal. Swats, extra tutoring, grounding, manual labor, those were just a few of the things Ryuu had to go through.

Any will to rebel was completely stamped out of him over the course of his childhood. Any thought of it was gone and he dedicated his life to take over Shichiro Products when he graduated. To think of rebellion now, it felt very foreign. But still, he thought of it. He entertained the idea in his head. What if he did rebel? What if, when the time came for him to accept the position of CEO, he said no? He'd likely be kicked out of his home. He'd probably be disowned by his grandfather. He looked up at Sharaku and gave him a brief history of his childhood and what rebellion normally brought with it. He included the fate he was resigned to, how after he was out of school, he would spend the rest of his life controlling a multimillion yen corporation.

"So... you can probably understand why I am not exactly too thrilled about the idea of going against my grandfather's wishes."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Sharaku listened to Ryuu's explanation with a light frown, waiting till the younger finished with his whole speech. So, the deal was...strict parents. Hm, that did put some dent in, but nevertheless, there was always something that could be done. Even if it was far from a meek method. ''Fair. But you're obviously not too thrilled about the idea of going ALONG with them either, right?'', he would throw back, using Ryuu's own words against him in a way. ''Is it really better to be pushed around, just because you're afraid to fight back?'', he would ask, giving the younger a steady stare, before sighing lightly.

This was probably not the best way to put it. ''I mean, if you seriously don't want it, then work on a way to get away. Save some money now, rent a place to live on your own or something? Or you could ask someone to help you. If you were really determined, you'd find a way out. You are who you make yourself to be, afterall, no matter the means used.'', he would smile wryly, looking upwards at the ceiling for a moment, before glancing back at Ryuu. Such a strange subject to talk about. It made him think of things...but, that was not for here, nor now. Not that the younger would even understand those.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 am

"If you were really determined, you'd find a way out."

That sentence struck a chord in Ryuu. It made him angry at first. What did this guy know about him? However, after a couple of seconds, he began to realize that what he said was true. If Ryuu was really determined to break free of his grandfather's gasp and go out into the world and fulfill his own dreams, he would. Could he really do it though? Save money and move out on his own? The thought of that much changing kind of scared him. That was when he realized that the destiny he came to hate actually provided him with some sense of comfort in his life.

He knew that no matter what happened, that would be where he ended up. It sucked, since he was being forced into that role, but it was comforting since it was something familiar. Something predictable. Why didn't he realize that before? This stranger was causing a profound change within him. Certainly, this wasn't what Ryuu expected would happen coming into the pet store. "Hm... I guess you're right." He chuckled nervously. "Sorry. I'm not normally this open. Talking to someone i've only just met about a subject like this doesn't seem at all proper."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 am

Doesn't seem proper...Now saying that? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but Sharaku wasn't the one who started this in the first place. Sure, he had inquired as to why was Ryuu not allowed to keep a cat and such, but it wasn't like he was directly asking for a life story, nor was he threathening for details. The younger could have just evaded his questioning, or any of the like. Simple. He was not the one to press too much if the other party appeared determined to not tell at all. He went with the flow of the discussion because it came up, not because he was extremely interested in Ryuu's life.

''Is that so?'', he would smile in amusement. ''It was your choice, was it not? I never really pressed you to tell me. You didn't have to. You could have said enough at any time, after all.'', he would state, pushing back the urge to stick his tongue at the other. ''But, I digress. I don't even have any idea how we went from cats to this.'' In a way, it was the truth. The magic of talking...you always end up on something else than what you originally started with. ''Speaking of which, weren't you going to get a cat?'', he would ask, looking towards the cages briefly, trying to ignore his own squirming in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Ryuu chuckled. "Yeah, that was more directed at me than you. I'd like to apologize. I don't like to burden other people with my problems. But you've been very helpful." Ryuu smiled. It was a little funny. Going from a conversation about cats to this. He was grateful that Sharaku didn't treat him any differently upon learning who he was. That wouldn't seem like much to other people, but to Ryuu, it meant a lot.

"Oh... of course. Cats. Right." He looked down at the cat Sharaku recommended. "Well, i'll go buy this one." Ryuu went up to teh front desk, and after a few minutes of filling out some paperwork, the cat was now his. He held it in his arms as he came back up to Sharaku. "So... i'd say this conversation was a failure." He joked. "I'd like to make it up to you if I can. Could I maybe have your number? I may not look it, but I can be a pretty fun guy."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Oh, so Ryuu had been talking about himself. Well, it didn't change the situation much anyway. ''No need to apologize. It's no big deal. Besides, it works the same. If I hadn't been willing to discuss it, I wouldn't have when you brought it up.'', Sharaku would respond in a laid back manner. There wasn't really a difference, was there? The slight change in nuance didn't twist the actual point in any way or form. It was still all about whether the conversation was proper at the moment or not.

He would watch with a faintly amused smile as Ryuu finally remembered his original reason of being here, rushing off to buy that cat of his. The other didn't take very long, and Sharaku had been thinking about some things, so he hadn't even considered going elsewhere yet. He would look towards Ryuu when the teen came back. ''Hm? That would depend on what your definition of failure is, no?'', he would throw back almost immediately. Eh, he took joking sentences rather fluidly most of the time. Depending on the situation at hand, that is. Though, he would be confused for a few moments when Ryuu spoke the next part, giving the younger an inquiring look. ''Well, I wouldn't say I really did anything worth enough for you to want to make it up to me, but I suppose I don't mind. I'll take the funny part, however.'', he would respond with a light smile a few moments later. If Ryuu didn't change his mind halfway through, he would tell the younger his number. Hm, he was actually using his phone lately, which was a little strange. Heh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]   Cat trouble..? [Ryuu] Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat trouble..? [Ryuu]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next