Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryuu

IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) Empty
PostSubject: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Ryuu took a deep breath, shaking himself out. He stood in that spot on the beach. He seemed to go hear a lot to practice. "The tip of the tongue, the lips and the teeth." He repeated over and over faster and faster until he messed up, saying "and the" as one word again. "Damn..." He sighed as he finished warming up. "Okay..." He began to begin his favorite improv game; Sybil. In this exercise, he would play all the characters in a scenario. First, a long monologue. Quickly thinking of a character, he decided to play a man pleading for the life of his wife. Giving him some quick character traits, he moved into the scene.

He delivered an impressive monologue. For a character that Ryuu spent two seconds creating, it was surprisingly developed. Ryuu had tears in his eyes as his character pleaded for his wife's life, imploring the other character to reconsider. Once the monologue was finished, he instantly transitioned into another character. Presumably the man who was going to murder his wife. Again, he performed an impressive monologue. This character was eerily calm. The tears stopped. The look in his eyes was one of complete madness.

Ryuu was so enraptured, so in-character, that he wouldn't even hear someone coming.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 am

A walk to the beach it's not what Shunnosuke would call a regular program. As a matter of fact, he disliked sun with such a strong passion that he'd avoid going out on daylight to not ruin his pale complexion unless it's necessary. But as they say, there's always a first time for everything. Aphrodite, his sphinx light-toned cat, sort of demanded being taken for an outside walk. "Sort of" because his parents would soon start yelling at how that damn cat was becoming a nuisance (mainly for their furniture, to whom his claws posed as a REAL threat) and the boy should get rid of her. By now, Shunnosuke of course had grown fond of his little pet, despite buying it as a mere whim, a momentary desire. And surprisingly, the student was fairly paternal to his "little cute devil", as he'd like to call Aphrodite.

Although, one thing he had to admit: the breeze near the beach was good. Incredibly fresh and welcome in a sunny day. It was such a nice feeling to have his hair fluttering in the wind. Sure, the sand getting in his loafer shoes wasn't something so easy to withstand. Nonetheless, the little walk turned out to be kind of a good idea, after all. In the brief moment the teen would close his eyes and receive at his naked skin the sea breeze, his cat would take the moment as the right opportunity ro run off, pulling abruptly the harness as she headed to a fixed linear direction.

Hey! Come back here! — He yelled, running over after his cat. Oh damn, if only he'd attend the physical education classes, he'd have more endurance to compete with a...cat. Geez, how much more lame can that situation get...? Oh God, he could understand his parents a bit now. A short moment has passed and Aphrodite had stopped right in front of someone, just as suddenly as she started running. Someting obviously had kept her interested to that point, Shunnosuke wasn't oblivious to that. He just couldn't foresee that her target of interest was...a man. Actually, a very good-looking, distinguished young man.
Like pet, like owner, huh?

...get in here, you...little devil! — He said, hurrying to get his pet in his arms to make sure she wouldn't repeat that demeanor and giving a light bow to the young man, whether he'd care for their presence or not. — I'm sorry. She's usually calm, I don't know what has got into her.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Right in the middle of the climax of the scene, he heard someone shout right next to him.

"...get in here, you...little devil!"

Ryuu turned in surprise and spotted a young man bowing to him. Instinctively, he bowed deeply in return. His personality pulled a complete 180. "It's quite alright." He straightened his tie. "May I have your name? I would like to know to whom I am speaking." Ryuu recited the greeting with a very practiced manner of speaking. "My name is Shichiro Ryuu." He introduced himself with another deep bow. He wanted to puke. After a million times of saying the same respectful greeting, it got a little old. HA! "A little". That was the understatement of the century. That was when his eyes drifted to the cat the stranger was holding. Ryuu could barely contain his excitement. He loved animals, cats especially. But it wasn't very proper or polite to pet someone's animal without permission.

Ryuu wondered if asking was even polite. What would grandfather say? He pushed the thought out of his head and decided to just focus on the conversation and do what he thought was best. It was rare for him to decide to do that. Hell, it was rare for him to even talk to people. Rarely would his fellow students come up to him and rarely would he even talk to his fellow students. Ryuu was a loner of sorts, not really looking for or even requiring companionship.

Once the boy introduced himself, Ryuu would nod. "Pleasure to meet you." He would then look at the boy's cat again. "Unless you think it improper, may I pet your cat?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:58 am

Good thing they ended up running by a polite and civilized person. Shunnosuke would, then, stand still and take his moment to analyze the one he's speaking with, from top to bottom. Precisely, his appearance, though the behavior was also something to compliment. By that time, he was probably staring at the stranger, who introduced himself as Ryuu in an extremely protocolar yet polite fashion, for too long until he noticed it was his time to speak up.

Mine's Kurosawa. Shunnosuke Kurosawa. — Shun replied to him, smiling amused at his good manners. Wow, that's a first, most guys around his age aren't that composed...not even the high-class young heirs he eventually would meet in their ostensive parties and even so, it was mere part of the momentary demands; in the current case, a random everyday meeting, it came off as a nice surprise to see someone so young caring for sustaining good old etiquette in their interaction. — Pleasure is all mine. — "Perfect", he would even think in amazement.

Oh? You want to try to hold her? — He switched glares from Aphrodite to Ryuu, a bit sceptical. His cat had some mood swings that made it hard even for him to fondle her skin or provide some other display of affection. — Sure, feel free to do it. As for you... — He'd turn his attention to Aphrodite, who was oblivious to the threatening way her owner glared at her. — You better behave or else... — Yeah, that sibilated advice should be enough. And with that sentence, the young boy handled the cat carefully to the taller's arms, a bit aprehensive due to his moody little devil.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Ryuu smiled and pet the cat as he held it in his arms. He fondled its skin and imagined for a second what it would be like to have a pet of his own. But grandfather would never allow such things. In his opinion, a pet was a waste of time and money; and grandfather never did like waste. "I would very much like a pet, but things like that are not allowed in my home. Grandfather would be furious if I brought one home." He looked up at Shun and handed the cat back. He was a little more relaxed now.

"So, what brings you here? Few besides myself ever come to this part of the beach." Ryuu looked out at the water. "I come here sometimes to clear my head. You can understand that can't you?" Ryuu asked, blocking the sun with his hand in an attempt to see farther.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Shunnosuke for a moment considered to gift the young man with Aphrodite, feeling some sort of sympathy towards him and specially after the sphynx cat took a liking for the stranger — which is, to say at least, odd. As unpredictable as that cat can be, he never considered her to actually make his little threat a practice and stay in line for real in someone else's presence. Usually Aphrodite was nothing but a temperamental demon, pretty much like his owner, who'd behave at her own pace. Perhaps it's true when they say the opposites attract themselves, and he couldn't help but to feel a bit jealous at how his little pet found herself at ease in a stranger's arms.

I just came to take this demon for a walk. To add a new experience to her finicky life and perhaps teach her how to be more sociable. — Shunnosuke blurted out with a few hints of disdain. After the boy bent over for a bit, only to put his cat back to the ground and adjust the harness back to her neck, Ryuu went on with the dialogue. First the complaint about his grandparent, which he honestly didn't get. Well, his parents were against him having a cat too, but he went and bought one nevertheless. As long as he fill his duties and takes care of Aphrodite the way she deserves, there isn't a reason for them to complain about his personal choice. Ryuu, apparently, didn't have the same resolve when it comes to family matters. — Oh dear, when I want to clear my head, I just go to a club and drink. Alcohol erases your worries with such proficiency that makes any therapist seem useless. — He chuckled a bit at his own commentary. It wasn't the best advice but hey, it works wonders! At least until the following morning, but that detail could — and should — be omitted.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Ryuu glanced back at Shun and smiled a little. "I don't drink that much. I'm occasionally allowed a glass of wine at social gatherings though." He turned around and faced Shun. "Perhaps I should take up drinking. Gotta cope with daily life somehow, right?" He gave his new acquaintance a wry smile. He stretched and turned back to look at the ocean. "But hey, maybe we could grab a drink some time. Not like I have anything better to do."

Ryuu found himself in a strange situation. Was he actually trying to make a friend? Ryuu thought friends were a waste of time. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he wanted to befriend this boy. "So, would you be interested in maybe grabbing a drink with me some time? I normally don't have anything going on after school, so I normally hang around here."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 pm

The guy wasn't allowed to drink except in social meetings? That story sounded similar — way too similar, in fact — to his own. Perhaps even the same background, which would largely explain his general appearance and clothes, as well as his incredibly good manners. Although they weren't nowhere close to each other, Shunnosuke could already tell a few things about Ryuu, in silence. He seemed like the tamed, responsible type of guy who would prefer to follow his traditional family's rules; while the younger one was, by his mother's definition, a "trouble maker". Poor boy. He couldn't help but to feel some degree of sympathy and identification towards him, and that sort of innocent feeling is what prevented him from misunderstanding Ryuu's invitation for a date with a handsome, rich-looking man rather than a casual meeting with a friend.

Absolutely. I know a few places you'd like, but...I hope you have a fake ID. — He smiled mischievously. If the guy wasn't allowed to drink alcoholic beverages, he's probably underage like him; in all honesty, his attitude and towering height would be enough to impress any unwary viewer and mislead them to assume Ryuu's older than he probably is. The same couldn't be said about Shunnosuke, however, and that's where the fake IDs and the reputation brought with his surname come in handy. — And let's be honest, a bar is way better than a beach. To get sand in my shoes? No, thank you. Plus, there won't be any abusive, schizo relatives there to ruin the fun.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Ryuu turned back to Shun and stretched. "A fake ID... aha... no. No, I don't have one. I might know where to get one though." He liked this guy. It was rare for Ryuu to really like anyone. He figured there was no point. He'd make a friend, his grandfather would learn about it, he'd meet him, say he was a bad influence, then forbid Ryuu to hang out with him. Might as well save himself the heartache. Whatever grandfather wants, grandfather gets. And grandfather wants Ryuu to grow up old and bitter like him! Ryuu physically looked angry as that thought entered his mind, but he quickly regained his composure. If Shun seemed to notice, Ryuu would give him an awkward smile."Sorry. Sorry. That wasn't for you. I was just thinking..." He cleared his throat and changed the subject. "But yeah, a bar sounds nice. I just come here because it's... you know... this place is special to me."

Ryuu thought back to when he would come here with his girlfriend. There were so many memories here. So many warm memories. It almost made him want to smile. It was bittersweet, however. Every time he thought of one of those warm memories, he was reminded of how their relationship ended up. It was sad. Was he in love with her? Ryuu thought so. It was the first time in his life where the prospect of spending the rest of his life with someone was exciting. When he was with her, he would forget about all of his troubles. But that time was over now. He had to move on, he knew that. But it was hard to.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 am

So, Ryuu knew where to receive ID, huh? The things you find out. Looks like our conventional, upperclass boy is not so conventional at all, positively speaking. Briefly after, he looked quite...angry over something. Whatever he was thinking that evoked such a displeased reaction remains a wonder. To that, Shunnosuke would remain silent; it's not like it mattered. They've just met each other, and therefore Ryuu wasn't obliged to give him explanations over things that didn't concern the younger teenager — and he wasn't even if they were actual friends in the first place. You can't enforce trust, can you? The second remark, however, left him wondering a bit. — I know it may not concern me and I anticipate my apologies in case I'm poking my nose where it doesn't belong, but how so? I mean, I wouldn't really call a beach special. — A light chuckle came when the word "beach" was pronounced. Really, a beach? Not to be judgmental, but there are so many other places you could keep fond memories of...he could even name a few, should the question arise, but none of them included a beach. Perhaps it's just him?
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 am

Ryuu looked down and blushed with embarrassment, kicking his feet. "No, it's um... fine. It's not the place, it's the memories that are here." He sighed and looked up. "It was a girl..." He stopped. "Never mind. It's not really important. She's gone now." Ryuu let out an exhale and shook his head. " Uh... i'm sorry for how I was at the start of my conversation. Being paraded around high society and being forced to act that way all the time... it's kind of difficult to turn it off." He smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head.

"My god, i'm so awkward. I don't know if it's obvious or not, but i'm not that good at making friends." He laughed nervously. "I suppose it's because I wasn't even allowed to have friends until High School. I never really got a lot of practice."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 pm

...d'aaaaaaaaaaw. That explained everything! Of course, how couldn't he have predicted that story before? It had sort of a sad end, from what Ryuu let slip. Shunnosuke wondered if the girl in question left him for another man (questionable), traveled to another country or...died (most likely, judging by the way Ryuu introduced that information). Regardless, he wouldn't comment anything on that beyond the customary "I'm sorry to hear that" and keep his silence. He didn't have enough intimacy with Ryuu to approach such touching subject. At least, not yet.

I know. Strait-laced relatives who want you to keep up with their appearances all the time? Been there, done that. — He would say at the boy's display of shyness, stretching his lips in a confident smile when Ryuu confirmed for once his privileged background. Well, since the taller boy is really someone from upper class society, probably someone from the very same neighborhood, then it'd do no harm to form an alliance, would it? First "friendship", later...who knows? Mutual enterprise support?
Hm, Ryuu...you need to hang out with the right person, you know. And by the right person, of course I mean...moi! — He chuckled lightheartedly at his own pretentious quirk. Well, he wasn't lying, was he? As someone who had nearly the same background story and, more importantly, the same social level, he was indeed the right person for a man like Ryuu to befriend. — Sadly I have to take this little thing back to home before it gets dark, as you could see, she just loves to get away from my arms and wander off out of the blue. Buuut...if you don't mind, and I'm sure you won't, we should definitely exchange numbers. — He said, anticipating a positive answer already as he slipped his fingers to the back pocket of his pants, aiming for his cellphone.
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am

Ryuu chuckled nervously as Shun suggested that they hang out. However, he felt a little sad once his new friend said that he should probably go, but that sadness was overshadowed by excitement when Shun asked for his number. "Sure. I don't mind. Not at all." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone. He tapped the screen and opened his contacts, noting that the list was rather small. But fortunately, it looked like it was going to be getting a new addition. He selected the "New Contact" option and filled out Shun's name.

"Just, uh... put your number in there." Ryuu held his phone out to Shun. Once Shun took it and filled out his number, and once Shun got Ryuu's number as well, Ryuu would grin widely and put his phone in his back pocket. "Like I mentioned, I normally don't have anything to do after school, so that time is usually free."

Ryuu felt hopeful. The thought of his grandfather declaring Shun a bad influence was the farthest thing from his mind. Nothing could rain on his parade. Finally, for the first time in a long time, he had a friend.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Figures. It didn't take long for them both to exchange their respective numbers, though with a cat in his arms right now, it wasn't the easiest task. He did, however, managed to finish the number exchanging without putting himself into shame — as in, dropping his precious and expensive mobile phone to the ground, or having Aphrodite trying to scratch it, which gladly she didn't.

Well then, me neither. Makes it easier for me and you too. Do stay tuned, you'll receive my call an-y-time. — Shunnosuke would portray a cocksure smirk as he ended the sentence. Whoever knew his nature could already tell that way of smiling meant his machinating side was up to something. Perhaps for Ryuu, the younger teenager would just seem quite eager for the opportunity of meeting him again, who knows; unlike Aphrodite, who got a bit impatient in his embrace, to which Shun pouted and would, carefully, put the cat back to her own feet, nonetheless always holding her harness this time with more firmness than before. His intention wasn't to hurt her, but to grant the first sudden jolt wouldn't happen twice. — It was a pleasure knowing you, Ryuu. I look forward to our next meeting. — Giving a dainty wave to his "newest friend", Shunnosuke would walk in the contrary direction, followed by Aphrodite's lazy strides. In the end, spending the afternoon with his moody cat was nowhere close to being a fruitless waste of time, was it?...
Exit.~
Back to top Go down
Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am

"The pleasure was all mine. I hope to speak to you soon." Ryuu gave him one last smile and began to walk home. He was in a good mood after that. He made a friend. He didn't foresee his day at the beach going like this. He decided to wait a bit before calling Shun. The rule was three days, right? Ryuu shook his head.

"I can worry about that later." With a spring in his step, he hummed all the way home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)   IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny) Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPROV! (Ryuu and Shunny)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next