Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Baton Pass [Grant]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 7:26 pm

The more Hyde spoke, the more Shun would become fazed. Or irritated, whatever strikes your fancy. He still couldn't believe Hyde would make such a reckless move without thinking about the consequences of being "too honest". That's the redhead's problem, he's probably the type who'd believe anyone anytime, deposit on everybody his faith and give everybody his trust vote. Well, that's what you get for being too naive. — Calm down and stop thinking about the girls for a second, they won't die overnight! — He took a deep breath trying to stay in a serene motion himself. The noticeable sadness in Hyde's voice prevented Kurosawa from giving continuity to his scoldings. As much as the teenager was angry and though Hyde deserved it, he was sensible enough to not let it go over his head and realize Hyde needed everything but a telephonic reprimand. — I'll do as you say. Answer me: do you need a visit? Or even a lawyer?

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 pm

“I don’t know, but maybe no one should come for me so the rest of you can avoid suspicion. Just because I got myself in trouble, doesn’t mean that the rest of you should get in trouble either. I can’t exactly call that cell home, being detained as a special witness , you still can’t help but to feel like a criminal.” Hyde would say quietly as he took a deep breath. We don’t know for sure what’s going on in the alternate world, but we shouldn’t be so nonchalant with the lives of others shun, there is no way I would of kept you waiting if you was stuck in there. I just wanted to let you know that I’m kind of passing on my will to you now. “ There was a moment’s pause, which made hyde a little emotional. “Visiting, wouldn’t it be nice if you came to see me? But I don’t think that’s becoming of a man of your caliber, this place isn’t exactly the amusement park. Anyway, contact sharaku after this call, and tell him that I said to take you along to where the rest are regrouping for the mission. I’m sure he got the text somewhere along the way, so he would be up to speed and we can skip the “Surprised face, persona?” moment.”
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:50 pm

For a short moment, Shun had no immediate response to that. He could feel how sad Hyde was and, oddly, he felt bad for the guy too. He usually was not opposed to handling important subjects and exercising some sort of leadership wherever the chance arrives. It's just the presented situation, however, was far from being a regular "opportunity" to do so, and he understood it clearly from Hyde's speech. Honestly Shunnosuke was supposed to be of assistance, not to be the one directly dealing with a rescue mission, but he wouldn't just say "no" and turn his back. When he realized he had been silent for too long, the boy took another deep breath and said, with a lower tone:
...Sure. I'll give him a call right now. Anything else you want me to do?

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 am

“Mhm, here is the most important thing. Try not to lose that smile when I’m gone. Remember to try to look on the bright side of things, even if it gets hard. You have the capabilities of shining through the worst of situations, right? “ Hyde was quiet once more, he didn’t want shun to worry or be upset with him. “Do you have any questions for me? We can use the rest of my time to clear anything that you would want to know. “
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Hyde...please...would you stop sounding like an anime character for once? — Shunnosuke said trying to be not so hurtful as he would like, although it could be inevitable depending on the other side. What's with the sudden motivational and emotive speech? Gee, it's those kind of things that make their interactions sort of awkward. Of course Hyde meant well and wouldn't change, but Shun wasn't interested in a "definite farewell oration". That wasn't even a definite farewell to begin with, for Gaga's sake, it's not like they would never see each other again. From what he understood, even a lawyer wasn't needed at all, so that part of their conversation was not only annoying but also pretty unnecessary. The following part, though, had picked Shun's interest; belatedly, due to the lovey-dovey talk, but not missed at all. — Yes, I do. What's it about the "alternate world" you mentioned? Is there anyone listening to this conversation?

Last edited by Shunny on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 pm

“ For starters, it’s just you and me, and it’s a payphone I’m using. As for the alternate world, well….. its alternate lunapa island. This could mean that the girl that we are most likely to find is lune, since that’s where she lives and she doesn’t leave the island too often maybe. Well I don’t know that for sure, but I could guess that any little kid wouldn’t be able to go off on random adventures at that age, so let’s just say you are more likely to find lune. As for Rinna, I’m not too sure. The mission said locate and save lune dalamar, I don’t know if Rinna is showing up, but there is something human-like there as well. This could be the criminal with his crazy powers, Rinna being under some crazy shadow fusion nonsense that probably makes her dangerous now, or basically something that’s not completely human. On top of that, there is a shadowy figure following them as well, which we can declare as 100% hostile. So, personally, I would think that you should take caution to the half human figure and the shadow that’s following them. I would usually use my instincts to lead you guys through it, but I can’t be there. So I don’t know whose going to take point, but do your best to place a good amount of trust in each other, and coordinate your attacks. Communicate and fight as a team, that’s how you win. I’ll definitely try to catch up if I’m given the option to. Hopefully they would pass me off as some stupid kid and i could help you guys somehow. I cant forgive myself if something was to happen and i wasn't there to help.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Shun stayed silent most of the time and pay attention to the whole explanation. Honestly, he couldn't understand how Hyde knew so many details about that kidnapping, but perhaps that's just him overanalyzing things. No wonder he was held by the police officers; even to him, that amount of knowledge sounded pretty suspicious. The question itself wasn't answered as he would like, tho. Shun would have to wait and see with his own eyes, then.

Stop worrying, we'll be fine. Just...try to be smart enough to orchestrate your own freedom. — "Considering you have enough intelligence for such", he would think to himself, still peeved at the whole occurrence. — Or enjoy your free stay. The cell room is your hotel and the officers are your waiters offering a room service you probably never had before. I'm sure time will fly if you don't pay enough importance to it and sooner than you expect, you'll be free. — It wouldn't be Shun if he kept his tongue from saying an acid remark like that.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:38 pm

The call would expire in time, and the line to Shun would go dead. Qwentyn recognized this and nodded. “Alright. Return to your cell and wait there. You will probably be called in a little bit later on.” Assuming Hyde complied, he would be led back to his lone cell and locked in once more. Qwentyn would nod and leave the room, letting Hyde mull over his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 am

The phone cut off and Hyde was out of time. This a small sigh, Hyde put the phone back on the holder and proceeded to comply with the demands of the authority figure that he was trying to help. “Some help I was…” That Hyde would say to himself as he sat in his cell quietly. What was going to happen next to him anyway? Was his team going to be ok without him? Or even worse, would his presence of mattered? “No, I could have been some help, even if it was a little. “ Hyde was trying to get the negative thoughts out of his head as he sat silently. Hyde kind of wish that he brought his book bag with him; this could be a perfect time to study for the math test that was being assigned at the end of the week. However, Hyde kind of came in empty handed, and most of his stuff would of probably been confiscated as soon as he was labeled as a person of interest. “Why won’t they believe me? Wait, I know why already, it sounds crazy. But still….” Hyde was still struggling with the disbelief of his story and the effect it would have on other people who weren’t spiritually aware of the happenings around them. ”I should have listened…”
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Almost two hours later, Qwnetyn would return and call Hyde to be taken down to an interrogation room. The room had three chairs, two on one side of a table while one on the other. Qwentyn would sit down next to an empty chair and bit Hyde to sit across from him. “Hyde, you are not under arrest as I said before, but I need to know what transpired when you met Rinna. Whether you are the cause of her disappearance or not, you are a very important witness and I cannot simply let you go. Take as much time as you need, I will be listening.” He pulled out a small notepad and pen, ready to take notes, and kept his eyes on Hyde for what he may say as well as anything he may do that looks funny. Right now there were no suspects to the incident aside from Lewis Rhodes himself. But if Hyde was a part of it….he had to be sure. He remained silent for Hyde to speak.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Hyde sat down and proceeded with his explanation from the beginning. “Well, this started on an ordinary day of doing some unorthodox studying for a history test that I had. Paying a visit to the Azorean History Museum, I wandered to the customer service desk and noticed a dispute between a pretty girl and some other guy. Well, I wanted to know if she was ok, so I approached her. Actually, asked her for a tour not too long ago, but she wasn’t paying attention to me. We’re talking about Rinna by the way. “Hyde paused for a moment to clarify, then he continued. “Well, I guess I had this strange obligation to make everyone’s day better if they seemed sad, so I continued to be persistent. She continued to be mean, and that was ok, I guess nobody likes to be bothered. Ahh, maybe it’s too extensive? Want the important stuff?”

Hyde partially switched gears when he singled out what the officer probably wanted to hear. “The last time I saw the girl that’s claimed to be Rinna was July 01 *The day the thread was made so i time stamped it*. She called everyone brain dead during our discussion and said the name “Rewos Lidhes” That name was a bit distorted when she said it, which could be some indication of mental repression or hypnosis. If you ever saw the movie “Now you see me” I don’t think it’s impossible. Anyway, she was upset that people thought she was hiding something. Then she dissed me some more, kind of hurtful. Well, I mentioned that the way she said that name was distorted. She was confused that it didn’t come out the way that she wanted it to, and then she tried again. However, the name Sewir Holdse came out. Then Rinna tried to outsmart her current mental condition by giving me indirect information, but all she could manage was brown eyes when he’s normal looking. He looks ordinary, and she said something that indicated that this man’s eyes change when he wants it to, mentioning them to be swirled and glowed. That could mean something, or be important someday so don’t brush it off. Finally, she told me he was looking for someone named Dally. She told me she was going home. Then she told me not to chase this guy and stay home, and said that she didn’t want me to get hurt. When I heard she was missing, I came here to pass you as much information as I could. I’m doing my best to cooperate and help, I wasn’t expecting to be thrown in a cell……. That's all i know about her.... really...” Hyde would say that last part in a low wimping tone. He was completely honest with this man, and now the ball was in the authority’s court.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:45 pm

As Qwentyn listened, he sighed. Was he going with this story like he was a second ago? “Listen Hyde. I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I want to know what was said specifically, not a brief summary of what happened with your own little twist. Tell me the truth. What was said and what happened after Rinna left the museum? Try to remember as many details as possible.” Hyde’s credibility was dropping fast the more he kept talking about what Rinna said about these weird distortions of “Lewis Rhodes”. He knew what he was, so why was he talking about it? Was he just playing around like Rinna? It wasn’t gonna make him look any better nor be any safer. Qwentyn took a couple notes though, as he did mention a couple things about not getting involved. Rinna knew how dangerous it was, and could have went on to search for Rhodes without contacting the police. The actions and thoughts of some of these people were strange. What was the source of it?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Great, it was like Hyde wasted his time with the whole truth. What did this guy want to hear then?
“Well, she said this when I said I wanted to help. “You’re lying. I don’t need to look to see you’re just like every other piece of scum that lives off of drama. If you want to have a damn tour, ask someone else, I am going on vacation. I don’t need people pressuring me about what I know about the criminal, they should fucking know by now,” in those exact words. “ Hyde’s mind then trailed off, only getting her exact words and details. He mentioned the names but the detective didn’t care about that. “ Some of It was with the names and the distortion in her voice, but it doesn’t seem like you care about that. The last thing she said to me was . “Look, all I know is he’s after some “Dally” girl. That’s how he referred to her. That’s all I am going to say…I am just gonna go home. I’m…sorry about earlier. Thank you for telling me what happened though, I will be thinking about this. But seriously, don’t try to chase the guy, just go to the police. I don’t know what this guy can do, he almost….just go home and stay there. I don’t want any people getting hurt cause of me,”.” Hyde was then quiet for a moment. “so besides the names, those dialouges stood out the most…….. I’m not trying to pull anything. As instructed, I’m going to the police…. You..”
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Qwentyn took more notes. At least now Hyde was finally giving out some details. “I see. Is there anything else?” he asked. If Hyde had nothing else to say, Qwentyn would nod. “I appreciate you finally being honest. With this, you have shed a little light on this, and hopefully we can get her found,” he said. He didn’t know if that was a complete lie or wishful thinking. What Hyde revealed did not help much at the moment not that she was missing. There were no leads. “You have no idea where she may have went? Anywhere at all?” If Hyde still had nothing to offer, Qwentyn would pinch the middle of his brow. “Alright. Well, if that’s all, then I will probably have to take you back to your cell for the evening. If nothing else comes up, you’ll probably be released late next day. This is for your safety in case you are in any danger. If nothing happens, you’ll be let go. Last chance, is there anything you need to say?”
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 am

“No sir, I truly apologize that I couldn’t be of any more help. I told you everything that I know. I didn't mean to be a nuisance....... this is probably the second time i caused you trouble. So i'm truly sorry about that. "That was the truth Hyde told this man everything that he knew. He started to get into personas and the portals, but it seemed to prove futile. Perhaps this world wasn’t ready to accept their new reality. It’s like the appearance of the demons and angels, the first appearances of them were probably shoved off at first. If this is to be their new reality soon, Hyde felt sorry for them. The incoming norm of society was going to be harsh, and there will always be corruption due to human nature. Anyway, Hyde did all that he could. His team probably left without him, he could only hope that they were ok. “Even though I promised to catch up…” Hyde would say in his head as he remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baton Pass [Grant]   Baton Pass [Grant] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baton Pass [Grant]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next