Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karsu

Karsu

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

{OOC Note: Jeez. I was almost done but suddenly, my computer went off. I'm so mad -_- }

Akashida was walking around aimlessly in this cloudy, dreary day. He'd been thinking about why something happens when he's job searching. In his mind, he secret project of repaying his father in 1 go won't be happening any time soon. | Great, I might as well pay next year.... | He had been thinking this for almost today, that day when he met those guys at the Amusement park and during the trip over to the Azores Region.

He kept on going through the various shopping dirtricts until suddenly, He (and the people around him) heard thunder. | Oh jeez I'm not even wearing any long pants. Or have an umbrella. | Akashida hastily searched around for a 'general" clothing store that sold umbrellas. | Oh...Uh.....um... Oh! Here we go! | Akashida found a cool store with this poster in front of it:

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) Samuri-sword-umbrella

Akashida was starting to wonder why the clerks haven't taken down the poster. | Why isn't there any words? Gah! I'm getting wetter! There's no time to be thinking about this stuff! | Akashida rushed in the store.

After buying $26 of jeans (and wearing them) and a Umbrella, Akashida went out of the store to go home (Which was just another motel) He walked out and took out his umbrella until suddenly, he heard his stomach growl bellow. Akashida was dissapointed, but it was neccessary. He need to eat cheap, and fast. he didn't want to be in this rain for a long time. Akashida tried to search around the area for a quick, cheap bite.

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) SuperStock_1851-4606

Eventually, he found a cafe that was 2 streets down. He entered, and the place smelled fantastic. He got in line to order his food. While waiting, he look at the menu above. | Hmm. What seems good and cheap? Oh! | As soon as Akashida was up, the cashier greeted him. "Hello sir! Welcome to Miss Marie's Cafe!" said a nice brunette said to me "What would you like to eat?" She was pretty, but she looked like she put on a fake smile. Akashida was tired from the running outside and his earlier thinking so he just didn't want to inquire. "Yes, mam. I would like a Caesar Salad and a sweet tea." "Ok sir, that will be $9.34"

After paying her ( and bidding a good day) I sat down next to a window. And just thought about today, the future, and his current "money" issue. Even worse, a 2 man band was playing "Faithfully by Journey." That made him even more depressed than ever.

With those things in his mind, he went into a slouch and had worry written across his face.

Cafe Theme:

Last edited by Karsu on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol Needed a theme for the thread)
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Hyde rushed in, completely wet from running from café to café. Searching for a job was hard, and it started to rain. It seemed that Hyde came unprepared, sneezing a few times before he decided to take shelter within the contents of a nearby café. As soon as he walked in, he was greeted by one of the servers. “Welcome!” Hyde smiled as he messed around with his hair, it was completely wet. “Can I have some tea please?” The server smiled and preceded make Hyde some tea, Hyde used this time to find somewhere to sit. He frowned at his resume papers, they were completely drenched. “This is unacceptable; I wish I saw the weather today. After looking around, Hyde noticed another empty spot next to the window seat. However, there was another person sitting there. As common courtesy, Hyde would ask before he sat there. “Hey, Is this seat taken?” Hyde would say this as the water slowly drips from his hair.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:26 am

((OoC: Well, isn't this an epic combination of ppl. This shall be fun >w>))

....Why did it have to rain today? The one day he has to do some stuff outside, and it's a pourdown. Gripping his umbrella in slight annoyance, Sharaku walked down the streets, thankfully being done with all the important things. Sadly, he wasn't exactly close to his home, and with the way it rained, he would still get somewhat wet till he got there, despite having an umbrella. Therefore, he was currently scanning the street for some place to crash at, at least until the weather calmed down a bit. He had no reason to hurry anywhere, so it wouldn't hurt to hide from the rain for a moment. Eventually, he picked a random Café, not really having any particular intention of ordering unless he had to do so to stay.

Exchanging a few pleasantries with the workers that greeted him, he looked around for a seat, planning to sit by himself, before spotting a familiar shock of red hair near the window seats. 'Eh? Wait a moment, is that...?' Check. Indeed it was. And not only that. Taking a closer glance, he could see another familiar person sitiing there. Well, would you look at that? Ignoring the twinge of annoyance at seeing the redhead that ran out on him in the park back then, he would walk over to the table they were at. ''Why, hello my friends, mind if I join?'', he would ask, keeping a friendly tone, as he looked back and forth between Akashida and Hyde a few times.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:33 am

“Hey, Is this seat taken?” Akashida was taken out of his 'depressing mind labyrinth' and was quickly trying to gather his thoughts. He said with a flustered  "No sir. Go ahead." Akashida sat up and moved his things. | I assumed... I'll just be quiet and just let the guy sit here. There's no need to be rude. |
Akashida gestured his right hand to the seat across from him.  The guys hair was a surprising bright red even if it was wet. "Go ahead and sit. I don't mind" | I guess this day will be somewhat interesting. | Akashida remembered that the red-haired man was sneezing earlier and took some napkins out of the dispensable and put it on the table.  "Here, you need some right?"

Akashida then turned to his food and took a bite from his sal-

Akashida heard a familiar deep-tone voice that said ''Why, hello my friends, mind if I join?" | Well, I'll be damned. | He looked up and he saw Sharaku, wet from the chaos outside. "Why, Hello there." Akashida said with a smile. "You need a seat?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Hyde was completely shocked when he noticed that Raku came over. “Hey man, it’s ironic that you showed up the café that I was trying to apply for they looked pretty shorthanded. However, it started to rain, and all of my resumes got wet. I hope you didn’t catch a cold or anything Raku..” After sitting down, the lady brought Hyde his tea. He then looks towards the stranger that Raku motioned over to, and then back to Raku. You two are already acquainted? Then, I guess I’m being the rude one here.” Turning over to the stranger, Hyde offers a handshake. “I’m Hyde, it’s nice to meet you. “ It was common courtesy to give out his name at least; it didn’t hurt to be the friend of another friend. Hyde didn’t know that many people in the region anyway, so a fresh face is always a good start.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:43 pm

''I suppose that would be preferable, but I can stand too.'', Sharaku would say casually after Akashida said his hello and asked whether he needed a seat. To be specific, he couldn't say he needed it per se, but he wouldn't be against sitting down, in case he would end up spending more time here, which was quite possible, with the situation at hand. Hyde on the other hand, looked much more shocked to see him there. But, in all honesty it wasn't that much of a coincidence when he gave it a thought. If Hyde kept looking for a job on this island, they were bound to run into each other sometimes, considering he lived here. ''Well, I do live in these quarters after all. I wouldn't say it's that much ironic if you look at it that way.'', he would say, raising an eyebrow, although keeping an indifferent tone. He still didn't get over the last time. ''But, fancy meeting you here either way....I'd wager to say you're the one who looks closer to catching a cold. I did bring an umbrella with me, unlike someone.'', he would continue, his expression more like a poker face, rather than anything else.

Hyde was lucky there was other company as well, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to bring up their last meeting later. When Hyde wondered aloud whether he and Akashida knew each other, he would simply nod, even though it seemed more like a rhetorical question. Keeping a straight face, he would glance outside the window while the other two had their introduction, only to see that the rain was still going strong. 'Such a gloomy day, isn't it...?'
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm

| Sharaku had said friends. Didn't he? Oh. Nevermind that. I'm being offered a handshake. I shouldn't turn down a friend of a friend. | Akashida stood up and returned the handshake, albeit with a firm grip (and a smile) that reads 'Hey, I'm totally business. Please don't wave me off like other employers.' Akashida then doubted his grip and started of thinking first impressions that Hyde had. | Gah! What am I doing? I'm meeting people, not on a job interview... | He let go and Akashida started to think all sorts of 'First Impressions' that Akashida gave to Hyde.

Akashida looked at Sharaku and smiled his signature 'killer-smile'. Almost like a butler, Akashida then moved from his seat and gestered (with his right hand) that Sharaku sat down. "Please. I insist that you sit down. I've been here longer that you guys anyways. Or unless you all want a table made for 4....."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Hyde laughed a little when Raku mentioned that Hyde didn’t have an umbrella. “You would be surprised, dropping 20 bucks for an umbrella. Afterwards, you realize that it was pretty cheap as the gust of wind breaks it. Long story short, my budget can’t exactly cover something that’s going to break in a matter of seconds. But maybe I just have bad luck with the places I decide to shop in, like alleyways. I thought the man in the black trench coat was actually trustworthy…like a detective or something.” Hyde shrugs with a carefree attitude at Raku and looks back to the newcomer. “You haven’t really told me your name yet, but your vibe is pretty laid back. Oh, I almost forgot. “ Hyde rushed over really quickly to the waitress and handed in his application. It was the driest one of the bunch, so it seemed appropriate to hand in. After coming back, he motioned the other two to an empty table that can sit about four people. “I hope you don’t mind guys, I asked the lady if we can sit over here. She said it was ok, so let’s get to…..sitting?” Hyde chuckled for a bit as he was the first one over at the other table.

weakness
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Sharaku listened to Hyde's story with an impassive face. That was surely a long way to explain something. And he didn't even ask why specifically did the red head not have an umbrella. Oh well. 'And here he goes about money again...thanks for the remainder, sir obvious....or more like oblivious.', he thought sourly, before giving a slight sigh. It still wasn't the best time to bring that subject up. ''You really amaze me. Maybe you should write a book about your adventures. You might just win a prize for comedy.'', he would comment offhandedly. He meant it as a joke mostly, although if Hyde was concerned, maybe he was going to be taken seriously, just like with the Santa comment last time.

Turning his attention to Akashida, he would shrug a little. ''And I'd like to insist it's not necessary. But a bigger table does not sound bad.'' It didn't make that much of a difference to him whether he was standing or sitting either way. Giving Hyde a side glance when he rushed off after the waitress, he would take the moment to shrug off the coat of his suit, gloves and put down his hat. He was starting to feel a bit warm, with the transition from cold rain into a dry place.

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) Tykipo10

Hyde came back soon after, saying they could move to another table. Well, that was fine with him. ''Very well.'', he would nod, following Hyde briskly. Perhaps it was better than standing around.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Akashida made a little smirk at Sharaku's comment. | Huh, I guess he has a good sense of humor... | "Alright, let us sit!" Akashida said in a happy tone. Akashida got his food and transferred to the next table. While walking, Akashida realized that he didn't give his name out to Hyde yet. " Oh! Sorry... I just remembered... My name is Akashida, Hyde. Nice to meet you." Akashida thought that Hyde seemed pretty cool. He then put his stuff down. And then he then went back to get his bag. Akashida found a damp paper on the floor. It looked like....a resume with Hyde's name on it.

| Mizumi... Interesting... |

Akashida went back to the table and gave the resume to Hyde, asking him " You too, huh? "
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:32 pm

“Akashida, is there any way to shorten that? It seems like a mouthful personally; maybe I can give you a cool nickname or something. Shiba San?” Hyde had a bad habit of giving people nicknames, but he really couldn’t help it. Sometimes thing would seem a little more personal between them if they didn’t stick so much to the honorifics, which was one of the ways that Hyde used to get comfortable around others. After receiving the resume back from Shiba, he started to scratch his head. “Well, I have been looking for quite some time. My current skill set doesn’t match the well-paying jobs, we all have to start somewhere. I’m pretty young, but its never too late to start saving up. After taking a sip of his tea, Hyde then turn over to Raku. “Feel like ordering anything? This mint tea I’m drinking tastes pretty good, very soothing to the soul. Soothing in general…” Shiba looked like he was around the same age as Hyde, he wondered if he went to the Zela academy. “If you don’t mind me asking me Shiba, are you a student at Zela? I go there myself, though I feel like a freeloader sometimes. Hmm, I have an open question for the two of you guys. This could make for some good conversation, if there was one thing that you could change about this world, what would it be? You would have to pick one thing that could make the most difference, or the one thing that you think would make the most difference. Sounds like a fun game right? I’ll even go first…”

After finishing his tea, Hyde thought for a brief moment. “ This might sound silly, but world peace maybe? A way for everyone to get along and see at least a neutral point of view together, to stop the fighting I guess. “

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Sharaku resisted making a face when Hyde came up with a nickname for Akashida. Sure, he let Hyde give him one too, but wasn't this a bit childish? You don't see people going around nicknaming everyone they meet, it's not very polite. 'He's a strange one....' The conversation was quickly diverted to jobs, when Akashida found one of Hyde's resumes on the ground and gave it back to him. Hm, thank god he did not really have a need for a job himself. He wouldn't be against it, but it wasn't a neccessity right now. Giving Hyde a glance when he mentioned tea, he would wave a gloved hand lightly. ''No, thanks. I didn't even come here to order anything in the first place.'' Besides, he really didn't want to think about anything money related at least for a goddamn moment.

When Hyde proposed his kind of conversation, Sharaku briefly wondered just why was he even willingly staying around the red head. It wasn't that the teen was bad, no, not at all, but for some reason, he was capable of frustrating him without consciously trying to. 'Could we....NOT go there...?' Just, why did he have to ask stuff like this. While Sharaku would keep a straight face, he was by no means pleased by the idea of answering that. Which was why he chose to comment on Hyde's ideal first. ''Peace, you say? That's quite idealistic. However, I sincerely doubt it could ever come true.'' All people acting nice to each other and no strifes? Please, like that was possible. ''As for me, I'd have to decline answering this question, if you don't mind. I'm afraid it wouldn't be something you should hear about.'', he would add flatly after a moment, his gaze directed more so towards the window than his current companions at the moment. 'Not like you would even understand...' What he wouldn't give for less questions of this type.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Akashida was wondering why this guy was so carefree. | Shiba? A dog? Oh boy... | Akashida didn't know how to handle types like these.... In Akashida's mind, Hyde's cool but he seems too... indescribable by Akashida.  | Well...I don't want to be rude. Let's just play along for now... | Akashida made a wry smile and scratched his head. "Shiba? Well... my friends usually call me 'Aki-chan' so that could be one nickname you can call me." Akashida forced out a chuckle. | I seriously wonder how Sharaku met Hyde. This is a improbable compatibility of people. It doesn't seem like Sharaku would hang out with these type of people. |

"Well Hyde, I am about to be a student. The thing is that I don't a current place of residence.... and I'm gonna be a first year." | Wait. Didn't he ask something about changing the world? |
Akashida thought deeply about the question | Well.... I would certainly say something about money. And I kinda like his view on world peace.... The hell with it. | Akashida looked at the window with distant eyes and said  " I agree with the same. I also like how you make everyone think and view neutral POVs instead of forcing everyone to be 1 'GOOD' view. Besides that, I have nothing else to say. " Akashida said this in a tone that said ' Please, I've been here before in my mind. Please stop.'

Also, Akashida gained some respect towards Sharaku. Secretly, he as well is a pessimistic when it comes to worldly ideas like world peace and Religion.

Last edited by Karsu on Sat May 03, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Issues, Needed to elaborate more sentences)
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:12 pm

Hyde listened and nodded his head; he didn’t speak much after that. However, that was due to the funny feeling that he had, he kind of felt that he struck a nerve this time. However, Hyde felt a little embarrassed to mention it. Maybe the topic was a bit much for a tea conversation? After the waitress brought him a second cup of tea, Hyde began to speak up again. It was right after Aki finished talking. “You can hang out in the Zela dorms for free if you are a student at the school, one of the perks of Zela is affordable housing. Either that, or living in the dorm is completely free. I am in a similar situation like that, I don’t really have a home to go back to. I don’t know how, and I don’t even know if I want to.” Hyde takes a sip of tea and continues. “Lunapa island is my favorite so far, did you guys ever take the time to fully explore those old tree houses? We should definitely check those places out sometime; it seems like a fun adventure. “ It was a change of subject, but Hyde didn’t want to be too depressing. Talking about the other world he came from wasn’t the best topic for him, he still has nightmares about the day he ran away to save his own hide. This was just Hyde’s way of appealing to his two new friend’s interest, maybe there was something they all liked doing. However, he wasn't sure if Raku was into that. “Comeon, it’ll be a good building exercise. I’m sure there’s something there, maybe a secret area. OR maybe some diary of a person who use to live there. “
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:39 am

Well, this conversation went down the drain quick. Not even Akashida answered the question exactly, and only gave his opinion on Hyde's choice. 'We're not making a very good group, are we?' At least not so far. When the talk turned to school, Sharaku would remain quiet, as that topic had nothing to do with him. He hadn't been to school since ever anyway. Nothing to comment on here. When Hyde started describing Lunapa, he would raise an eyebrow questioningly. So in his mind, natural areas were fun, eh? Not that Sharaku had anything against nature, but it usually only served him to get lost in there. Although, he did not have anything against a trip. 'Hmm..'

''I've been there once, but ended up getting lost in the forest.'', he would say, shrugging a little bit. ''But, I'd say, I'm generally fine with that, as long as it doesn't include anything childish, along the lines of playing tag in the woods.'' In all honesty, he couldn't find any reason to object at the moment, even though Hyde's talk about a secret area and stuff sounded sort of ridiculous. As long as he wasn't asked to dig for treasure, fine, whatever. Normal physical activity didn't bother him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)   A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rainy day, Don'tcha think (OPEN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next