Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Keeping Busy [open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Keeping Busy [open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Keeping Busy [open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Keeping Busy [open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Keeping Busy [open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Keeping Busy [open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Keeping Busy [open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Keeping Busy [open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Keeping Busy [open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Keeping Busy [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Derrick

Derrick

Keeping Busy [open] Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 am

“…And so, it wasn’t my fault.”

“I see.” Destiny murmured, her gaze focused on looping the bandages around her sister’s palm. “Perhaps next time you could fall away from the broken things?”

Kari smiled softly, shaking her head and patting her younger sister’s hair with her uninjured hand. “Aw, you’re trying to use logic. How cute~.” As Destiny let out a sigh at those words, Kari laughed.

The two siblings were sitting at a table at the back of their family’s restaurant, the blonde currently trying to play nurse to the best of her abilities. It seemed Kari couldn’t remember how to carry plates anymore. One second, she’d been fine, practically floating past her little sister, and then, when Destiny looked away, there’d been a loud CRASH and such a terrible mess…. Well, on the bright side, at least there hadn’t been any food leftover on those plates. The customers who had just left had seen to that. Now, after the dishes had been swept up, there was just the issue of the bleeding older sister to take care of. Kari’s laughter had died away some time ago, and, with the current absence of any customers, that left the two in dreary silence.

Truth be told, it wasn’t just the outrageous behavior of her sister that had Destiny so quiet. She was thinking about Ueitawa, the ally she’d lost, the problems that were becoming more and more pressing as time passed. Those red areas had started popping up, and it only made the girl worry more and more. Shouldn’t she be out doing something to stop that inevitable disaster rather than sit here, tending to a restaurant that saw fewer and fewer customers as the days dragged on? Lots of people were getting scared to leave their homes, and the mall, although you might not be able to tell at a glance, was losing business thanks to this whole supernatural mess.

She supposed that that fact alone made it all the more important that she be present to tend to what little customers they had. If her family lost the little service they had now…well, it wouldn’t surprise her if there was another move in the future. That is, if her parents hadn’t already decided to do so thanks to the odd things going on around town.

“…Des?”

“What?” The blonde jerked her head up, blinking a few times. Her sister gazed back, propping a hand under her chin as she studied the younger girl. “O-Oh. Sorry.” Destiny tied off the bandages on her sister’s hand before standing and pushing her chair in. “I-I’ll go to the front. Why don’t you stay here for a bit, maybe rest?” It was a weak attempt at distracting her sister, but it seemed to work, in Desitny’s opinion. After all, Kari simply nodded and slumped in her chair, allowing her eyelids to lower to half-mast. Grateful for the small stroke of luck, the girl hurried to the podium at the front, busying herself with erasing the markings made on the seating chart while waiting for anyone to walk through the door. After all, if Kari was out of commission, who else was going to wait on customers?
Back to top Go down
Kibin Inoue

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 am

Kibin rounded a corner into the food court of the mall with his new mp3 player in hand still in its box. The electronics store didn't have the model he wanted but this new one was a welcome improvement. Sure it was a little more expensive but it looked like it would be sturdier than the last one. He thought back to the moment he broke his old one and shook his head. He had really been clumsy at that moment.

As Kibin walked further into the wide open space full of tables and chairs the smell of food called forth a growl from his stomach. He stopped in his tracks and looked around. He knew he had just eaten a couple hours ago but it would seem he was hungry once more. Kibin looked about the food court for something that caught his eye. He was all for teriyaki but having it twice in a row was unappealing to him. After a moment's searching he spotted an actual resturant within the mall. Unlike the other stands and stalls this place was closed off and had nicer tables and chairs. He peered into the window and grinned. There were not a whole lot of people inside, a welcome change from the noise of the main section of the mall.

Kibin quickly made his way to the door and reached out to pull the handle when a voice in his mind stopped him mid grab. Are you really eating again? How you aren't fat is a wonder to the world. The voice said in a mostly teasing but friendly tone. It was Nogitsune again giving her insight in the form of a sarcastic comment. Kibin thought back to her, its fine I have a high metabolism anyway. With that he pulled the door open and stepped inside.
Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 pm

*Cla-cling*

As the sound of the bells was heard, a tall man in his thirties would enter the restaurant. He was wearing a fancy white suit with a purple shirt and seemed to be in a pretty bad condition, both having his left arm bandaged up, using a cane to support himself.

Yoshikaze Kira, owner of a small store in Hayabusa named Yumes, had come to Shibazukoi in order to talk with his distributor about some damaged goods they had received last week only utterly lost and tired of walking.

'Ugh, I shouldn't have turned down Reimi when she offered to get me there...', he thought to himself, too deep within his thoughts to notice the boy that had entered before him. Well, this was a rare event, considering we are talking about Kira here.

Despite how he almost doubled both the kid's weight and age and was much more muscular than him, he was almost as tall as Kira, and when both collided, Kira's weakened knees buckled, making him stumble back and quickly go down. Fortunately, he hit a wall that stopped his fall, but it still hurt like a bitch.

"Ugh!", he let out as he tried to grab onto the wall with his one good arm, trying to regain his footing.

... Unfortunately, there were still some rests of the dishes that Kari had dropped before, which made him slip, sending Kira spinning wildly through the air in a magnificent display of cartoon physics.

Being sent towards the ceiling, his jacket got caught with the fan there located, making Kira spin wildly for a few seconds before his clothing was partly torn and he was sent hurling through the air...

... Just to land square on a chair besides the fish aquarium, perfectly safe and with no apparent signs of damage.

A few seconds passed on which the man didn't do anything. Then slowly he patted his body, checking that, effectively, all of his limbs were still there and this was not the afterlife. 'Alright, I am alive... Again. But seriously now, this kind of thing just happens too many times'.

Only then would he notice the three people that were giving him the most dumbfounded stare he had ever gotten.

"Ta-da?...", he just stretched his arms, giving them an awkward smile while he arched his eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Hm? Destiny lifted her gaze as she heard the door open, offering a smile to the dark-haired boy who walked in. “Hello.” Setting her pen down and reaching for a menu, she peeked around him briefly. “Table for one?” Oh, wait. The door chimed again, and this time a man walked in. Were they together? At a quick glance, it didn’t seem as if they were related or even remotely connected, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Frowning lightly, the blonde studied the man for a moment, noting the cane he leaned on for support. That in itself wasn’t too odd, since there were many people who used canes, but he seemed to be having a tougher time walking than most people she’d seen. “Are you-?”

The girl had barely started talking before the newcomer crashed into the boy she’d been attempting to place at a table, ricocheting towards the wall from the impact. That already in itself was concerning; had they really crashed into each other that hard? But then, he just…

It took a second before Destiny registered that, after some rather improbable occurrences, that man was sitting safe and sound in a chair, offering a weak smile in response to her stunned gaze. …Alright. That…that was…well, to be honest, she’d never seen anything like that before. It almost rivaled the whole experience she’d had with Limbo and all of that craziness, except this was just more…well, strange.

After a moment of silence, Kari‘s voice drifted from the back. “…Co do diabla?” Well, it certainly fit the situation, at least.

“Are you…alright?” Destiny questioned, clutching the menu she’d taken out earlier close to her chest. It was a rather impressive…fall? Surely he couldn’t be fine after that.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:09 pm

OOC: I decided to skip Kibin. He said that he wouldn't be posting at all due food poisoning or somethin', so I'd suggest we just keep going and if he recovers he can just catch up. Whaddaya say?

IC:

'Well, so much for going unnoticed'

"It's nothing", he replied, dismissing her concerns with a wave of his hand as he recovered his composure and offered both sisters his kindest smile, "I was born with a strange luck, so things like this happen to me much more often than you'd think"

That last part was true. Unfortunately for him, Kira usually found himself caught in these bizarre unlikely events that only made him stand out as if he didn't have enough trouble keeping low profile on his own... However, what he didn't mention was that he wasn't fine just because of his luck, but because in the moment of the impact he had used his Killer Queen to cushion the fall. Otherwise the chair, the table, the fishtank and, most importantly, himself, would have been wrecked beyond repair. He just hoped that they hadn't noticed the white, cat-like entity that had been partly visible for a split second and that, should they have seen it, none were Users so they dismissed it as the workings of their imagination... Because otherwise, the situation might get... Complicated.

'No... Never again...', Kira thought for himself, 'I will not allow what happened in Duwang to happen twice'.

"Fortunately, I'm just fine. I just came out of the hospital after a whole year and I don't have any intention of going back any time soon", he said, "By the way, my name is Kira, Yoshikaze Kira"

Crossing his legs and adjusting his chair's position, Kira approached his table, "I just came here to ask for directions, but seeing how I've already taken a seat and it's almost lunchtime, I think I'll order something. Do you have any menus?"
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:17 pm

(OOC: Oh dear. We should still give him the 2 day grace period for posting, unless you talk to him soon and he mentions that it's alright to skip him until further notice. Does that sound alright?)

Alright…that was more than a little concerning. This sort of thing…happened to him often? Goodness, Destiny believed she’d seen some outrageous things, but these past few days were quickly putting all of those past experiences to shame. “Well, if you‘re certain…” Hesitating for only a moment, she returned his smile, opting to believe him for the time being. If he showed any signs of being in pain, she could always call for an ambulance of some sort.

Wait…a year? In the hospital? The friendly smile faded quickly from her face, and her blue eyes widened in surprise at the news. What in the world had he done that warranted such a long stay in the infirmary? …Well, if it was anything close to what she’d just seen, perhaps it wasn’t too hard to fill in the blanks.

“Oh, yes, of course.” Bowing politely in response to his question, she turned towards the boy still standing at the front. Oh dear…was he still shocked by what had just happened? He hadn’t said anything. Destiny offered the teen a soft smile, adding a, “One moment, please.” before she hurried to the older man’s table and set down the menu she was holding in front of him.
    “Here you are.” The blonde reached into her skirt pocket, withdrawing a small notepad, then took a pen from behind her ear, poising the writing utensil above the paper. “Do you have an idea of what you’d like to drink? We have coffee, water, tea, soda…” She’d give him a minute or so to make his decision, and if he gave it to her, she’d write it down. Regardless if he’d given her a drink order or not, Destiny would smile brightly. “Alright. Well, I’ll give you some time to look over the menu. If you have any questions over any of the items, please don’t hesitate to ask me.” Some of the food choices were a little unusual. It wasn’t as if people in Japan ate haggis or couscous on a regular basis, after all; most customers had at least a question or two over something before they made any choices. Definitely odd, but perhaps that was the appeal Destiny’s father had been going for when he started the restaurant.

With that, the girl bowed lightly before returning to the front. She picked up a menu from the stack beside the podium and, with a pleasant smile still lighting up her face, would say to the boy still waiting, “My apologies. Is there anywhere in particular you’d like to sit?”

Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:33 pm

OOC: Why, of course. Btw, here goes a flashback of the battle were his wounds that forced him to spend a whole year in the hospital, just for the fun of it even if its quite unrelated to the  topic:

Battle for Morioh-cho! -- Duel to the Death Against the Invincible Crazy Diamond!:

OOC: Anyways, feel free to comment on this monstrosity, even IC, if you want to. I have no trouble and I even do fancy some oocness and meta, as long as we keep it apart from da IC knowledge.

"Jeez, that was one long flashback to write... Anyways, tea will be perfect. Do you have Earl Gray?", he asked, taking the menu from her hands... Which were actually gorgeous now that he noticed. Long, thin (but not bony) graceful fingers attached a refined, palm that almost seemed ethereal how soft and silky her touch was. Kira couldn't help but to momentarily space out when he graced it with his. 'She's too young though', he thought as he touched the earth with his feet once again and kindly smiled as he thankfully nodded, 'Perhaps in a few years. There's no need to hurry, I'm not going anywhere (if I can help it) and it'd be a crime to harvest such a sweet peach was best other than when it reached perfect ripeness.

Deviating his attention to the menu, Kira studied this. Heh, wasn't this a surprise?, Actually, a large part of the menu consisted on international dishes. Kira had never travelled much, so he didn't know what most of the card was. He had however once travelled to Paris a long time ago and had learnt to make french food besides the traditional Japanese dishes so much he had liked it, so he didn't see any reasons why he shouldn't try something new. After all, Kira was a man of taste and whatever that was put before him he would find something to enjoy if it was good. On a side note, this kind of reminded him of this restaurant back in Duwang, an Italian restaurant ran by a true Italian chef with real Italian food. At first the guy seemed to be a pretty normal and formal guy, but in reality he was an User who used the powers of his Persona, Pearl Jam, to enrich the taste and give his food miraculous healing properties that could fix about any illness or physical problem you might have. It'd be such a bless if there was such a place in this town... He would be right back on action and finally have his everything stop hurting every time he moved, laughed or vaulted over someone. 'Enough wishful dreaming. There's no chance that there's a place like that in our town, and if there was, I wouldn't stumble on it just like that'.

OOC: *Nudge nudge, wink wink, nod nod*

"Hmm... How about the couscous?, I really don't know what it is, but don't tell me regardless. It'll be exciting to find out alone", he said with a smile. Honestly, with all those alpaca-level fuzzy, warm smiles Kira could have filled in to be Carebear. After all, he, like a bear, was a relentless murder machine.

Kira then glanced at the boy. It seemed like the shock had been too much process and his brain had no other option than ending itself by performing sudoku.

OOC: Incidentally, I love couscous :3

Last edited by KILL A KIRA on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm

(OOC: That's quite an impressive flashback. oo')

Turning her head in Yoshikaze’s direction, Destiny listened and nodded as he called out his order, trying her best to commit it to memory. She could always fumble with her notepad and write it down, but she was a bit preoccupied. After all, she should seat this boy before taking the order and bringing it to the kitchen, and then she would have to wait on the younger male and get his order, and maybe by then the couscous would be ready, and-

“Riiiiiight this way~.” Kari had come up from behind the blonde just as Destiny was about to tell the older man that she’d be right over. Plucking the menu neatly from her sister’s fingers (with her uninjured hand, Destiny noticed), the older girl grinned brightly, ushering the quiet boy over to a table. Oh, so Kari wasn’t as hurt as she claimed? Destiny had figured as much, but she thought it would be best not to harp on the issue. It was good to see that Kari didn’t intend to just nap in the back or slip out to shop or something else that would leave Destiny all alone.

Hurrying to the back of the restaurant and gently pushing open the swinging door to the kitchen, the girl walked in, smiling at her father. The blonde-haired man, who shared a striking resemblance to his daughter, returned her grin and set down the pot lid that he’d been playing with. “Hey angel.”

“Hello, dad.” She took a teacup and a packet of Earl Grey tea from one of the cupboards, setting them next to the industrial stove as she hurried to get a small teakettle from a different shelf. “One couscous, please.” Turning back to her father just in time to catch his nod, she walked to the refrigerator, placing the kettle on one of the burners as she walked past. A moment later she returned with some water which she poured carefully into the teapot before turning on the burner.

“Make sure you don’t-”

“Set it to high or it burns the water.”

Laughing lightly, Destiny’s father stepped close to her and wrapped one arm around her shoulders, giving her a brief hug. “That’s my little angel.”

The blonde smiled at the gesture, turning her attention to the kettle as her parent went about preparing the food that had been ordered. It wasn’t too long after that the pot began whistling. Taking care not to splash any, Destiny poured some of the liquid into the cup before gently lowering the teabag into the water. She then hurried out of the kitchen and to the waiting man, delicately setting the teacup on the table. “Here you are.” Offering him a warm smile, she added, “Your food should be out soon. If there’s anything you need, please don’t hesitate to call me.” With that the girl bowed politely and walked back to the podium at the front of the restaurant, intent on fixing the seating chart once again.

Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 pm

OOC: Yes, I was pretty satisfied with the result, though you can't help but to wonder how come he didn't spend ten times more time in the hospital with those wounds (and those I haven't talked about yet).

On another note... When I reread the flashback, I couldn't help but to somewhat feel some sort of bizarre admiration for Kira. Of course he is a complete monster that uses the moral event horizon as a jumping rope, but once you think about it, all of that escapes his control. He was born this way, born a killer, a predatory madman, and does not lie to himself about his nature... However, everything else, the parts of himself he could build, are all filled with love and courage. Love to his wife, his son and his people. Kira does not fight to harm anyone, but to protect and preserve the things and people he loves (specially after the events in the flashbacks), and as you can see, he is willing to go to any lengths and sacrifice anything to do so. Sure, it's a strange love expressed in strange ways, but it's pure and sincere. I have never killed anyone and never will, but I wouldn't fancy me a better man than Kira.

Also, I think I'll be adding an act of the next episode to what I've already disclosed. This one starts after the last flashback's dialog/event:

The New Killer Queen! -- Queen of the City Bites the Dust!"[/spoiler:

"Actually I do have some questions you could help me with", Kira said as the girl turned back to leave, "To be honest, I entered here because I got lost searching for the Tanaka Distribution Company offices, wouldn't you know how to get there by any chance?"
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 10:52 pm

OOC:

// Hm? // The girl paused mid-stride, turning to face the man as he said that he did have something she could help with. Tilting her head in thought, Destiny glanced at the ceiling, trying to recall where she'd heard that name before. It sounded rather familiar...

Oh! Her blue-green eyes widened for a moment as she finally connected the name to a location, only to soften a moment later with a pleased shine. The blonde's lips quirked upwards in a smile. "I believe I do. When you leave here, go right, and head up the stairs just past the fountain at the front of the mall. When you reach the second floor, it should be about three or four stores down on the left." Glancing at the man's cane, she added, "There's an elevator close by, if you believe the stairs would be too difficult to handle. If you ever get lost, there's a mall directory right outside of the lift."

Finally Destiny paused after what felt like a long-winded description. She'd been precise enough, hadn't she? Yes, she should have.... Oh, but what if she'd been too precise? Were her directions confusing? She'd given an awful lot of information. Perhaps she should try again? Oh, no, no, that wouldn't do. Repeating one's self without being asked didn't seem like a good thing to do. Or was it?

These thoughts had, of course, taken all of about four seconds to process. All the while, she'd kept the pleasant smile on her face. After about another second of similar thoughts, she added tentatively, "If you'd like, I could write this down for you."

Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

OOC: Oh please, staph or you'll make me blush like a tsundere saying "It's not as if I like you or anything".

But yeah, if you like Kira, wait to see his son, Yosuke, I plan to make their relationship the driving force of the plot. Long story short, due to time-travelling shennanigans, Yosuke ends up being without a clue regarding the truth about Kira and, though he was unable to summon a Persona back then, he is trying to learn how so he can take Josuke's mantle and avenge his deceased friends, bringing about the closure Josuke wished for, since he feels that he won't be able to move on with his life until he does so.

IC: Thankfully, the girl did know how to get where he was headed, by golly, what a luck!

Soon eough, Kira was receiving a long-winded explanation he paid as much attention to as possible, asenting every now and then as the girl went on and on 'Alright, something about a stairs to the right past a mountain once I exit the mall (jeez, am I really that far off?)... But... Why would there be an elevator in the middle of the country side?'

Kira was profusely rubbing his chin at a speed of 9001 rpm as he meditated about the instructions he had received, it was fast enough to flash-burn the any hair on his chin that hadn't been saved (this was actually Kira's secret never to need a shave), but that didn't break his concentration as he tried to clear up the girl's instructions. What did metaphorically wreck his train of thought was Destiny's voice when she offered to write down the instructions for him, "Huh?, Oh my!, No, please don't concern yourself with me!, I'll remember what you told me fine on my own!"

He wouldn't.

But, and here comes the most interesting and likely funner part of the post to write, being as grandiloquent as he could be, Kira acompained his refusal with completely overboard gesticulation that wouldn't be out of place in a silent film at all, causing him to knock off the table the cup of tea he had just been served!... However, the sound of the cup breaking against the floor never came to be.

If Destiny looked down, she'd see the cup of tea suspended on midair, held by an ethereal, muscular white arm wearing a black leather glove with some sort of insignia on its back depicting a cat-like skull. The arm, which came from under the table, would deposit the cup on the floor and dissapear retreat under the table... But if Destiny dared to look, she would find nothing there.

Time seemed to slow down for Kira, what had he done?!, After so much time using his Persona had become a second nature to him, but he shouldn't have let his instincts take the best of him!... Now he had to think fast!

"Oh, what luck!, The cup didn't break!", he exclaimed, cheerily picking it up, "Guess I must have stopped it with my foot", he added with an unconcerned smile, as if nothing had happened at all. It was cheap, but playing dumb often proved effective.
Back to top Go down
Derrick

Derrick

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh? She did an alright job? Destiny had tried to be as clear as possible, and she was glad that her efforts weren't entriely in vain. Still, despite the man's assurance that he'd be quite alright, she couldn't help but have those small, lingering doubts at the back of her mind. After all, the way he was flailing his arms so enthusiastically was something Kari norally did when she was lying-

// Ah-! // The blonde had seen the cup start to fall, and bent slightly to try to catch it in time, reaching blindly with her hands. She felt the piece brush the tips of her fingers, but other than that, she'd been just a bit too late to catch it. Reflexively wincing at the expected crash--one that she'd heard earlier today, in fact--she bit her lip, trying to come up with some way to apologize for getting tea everywhere. Never mind that she hadn't been the one to knock it over, it was her job to make sure that every customer had an enjoyable time, and if he didn't come back because of this whole thing, that was another customer lost, and then they'd lose money, and lost money meant that they couldn't live here anymore, and that meant they'd be moving again to who knows where this time, and-

// ...? //

Shouldn't there have been the sound of something shattering here long before now? The teacup didn't have that far to travel from the table to the floor. Glancing down at the ground, she just barely caught sight of something white. What had that been...? A...hand...?

Looking back up at Yoshikage's pleased expression, Destiny paused for a moment, trying to figure out what she'd seen. Stopped it with his foot? Well, she had seen something white. Could it have been part of his suit? It wasn't entirely impossible, she reasoned. Goodness, she needed to calm down. By now, every single piece of bad news that she got reminded her somehow of the whole mess she'd found herself a part of. While it was still a new world she was getting used to, she had to remember not forget that plain, ordinary accidents happened too.

Forcing herself to relax her shoulders and smile pleasantly, the girl tilted her head and chirped, "Yes, that is quite lucky. I'm glad that you are alright and your tea still intact."
Back to top Go down
KILL A KIRA

KILL A KIRA

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 am

In the back of his mind, Kira let out a sigh of relief. That had been a close call, but it seemed like he was safe for now.

It wasn't long before he was brought his meal and, boy, was this something else. Kira couldn't help but to look completely cross-eyed as he stared at his meal. It was not that he didn't like it, as a matter of fact it smelt quite alright... But the ration, mother of god, it was just too much.

Nonetheless, Kira said nothing, dedicating a smile to his waitress and tackling the pile of food with his all. May god assist him.

Half an hour later, Kira was still eating. No matter how large the spoonfuls or how fast he took them in, the plate didn't seem to diminish the slightest. Kira had never felt so full... And yet he couldn't stop eating!

At first he hadn't liked it much, but, for some reason, the flavour had grown on him and now the more he ate, the more he craved for it. And thus, as his ingestion speed exponentially increased, Kira saw something at the bottom of the couscous, intrigued, he dug further in until it was clear what the strange object was... Without a single doubt, it was a portal that surely lead to the couscous dimension.

Slowly, a hand made of couscous emerged from the portal as a music started being heard, suddenly grabbing him by the neck of his shirt and pulled him into the plate. Then, after a 15 min montage using recycled scenes from 2001: A Space Odyssey and Persona 4, Kira found himself on a couscous version/ripoff of Take On Me.

Spoiler:

After 4 minutes of cheesy music and stuff blowing up (courtesy of Kira, of course), Kira was finally spit back to the real world... If he had left it at all. Perhaps it had been all a bad trip produced by couscous overload. Kira didn't know what to think anymore, so he settled for the next logical step:

"Wold you kindly bring me the fee?, I think I'll be leaving now.", he said, addressing Destiny 'Before space-time collapses on top of me'.

A few minutes after paying (and leaving a very nifty extra for all the... events), with a full stomach, some confuse idea of where to go and many memories to repress, Kira exited the restaurant. By the looks of it , the restaurant didn't get much costumers, though Kira had to wonder why. The food was excellent and very copious and, at the very least, the waitress that had attended him was very amicable and quite pretty. The kind of girl he would have gone to the restaurant exclusively for in his days as a student... The only reason he could come up with was that incidents related to inter-dimensional travelling and 80's music were far more common than one would expect. '... I think that I'll leave that theory on the 'maybe' box'.

In the end, Kira Yoshikaze never got where he had set for and had to come back the next day to the mall with his wife, who, even though she said nothing, had expected as much. He did have a nice, long walk on the countryside.

... But, unbeknown to Kira, back at the restaurant something... Bizarre happened. As soon as the man got further than two kilometres from the restaurant, there was an explosion. The cup from which Kira had drunk, the cup that had been touched by the mysterious hand, instantly blowed up, leaving absolutely no trace of it behind. The explosion wasn't powerful at all (think of an Agi level of power), but it would still be enough to make the windows of the restaurant tremble and perhaps even shatter from the vibration.

But... How could this happen?, Kira hadn't intend or so much had a reason to prime the cup, that was certain... So... Could it be that, after a whole year of inactivity, his Persona was beginning to go berserk?

If such is the case, may god save us from the Queen.

[Exit]

OOC: I was on hard sleep deprivation when I wrote this. Hope this explains everything.

Besides that, I am conscious that I'm taking plenty of liberties with pretty much everything (sorreh Nyaruko-chan). But you gotta admit that if I hadn't, this would have been a pretty dull thread instead of the huge fun it was for me.

OOC2: Omg, I just noticed that "Kira" and "Kari" are anagrams >_>

... Yes, I know that I can sometimes be a slowpoke.

Anyways, seeing how their names are anagrams and that they apparently share similar behaviours, my headcanon is that Kari actually is a genderbent, younger version or Kira with a contrasting foot fetish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Busy [open]   Keeping Busy [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping Busy [open]
Page 1 of 1