Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Above and Beyond [Hyde]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 1:26 pm

"You up?" Hyde would say as he quietly came back from reality from his little nap. "i was just..... thinking really..... i don't think you would of mind the silence in the first place. Sometimes I wonder if its actually better to communicate with someone without really saying much, or a few words at least. When you constantly run your mouth, there's always the risk of saying the wrong thing and ruining the interaction altogether. Like a meal that was exposed to an extra ingredient that it didn't need." If there's one thing that kind of change with hyde, it was that he wasn't so apologetic and self loathing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:35 pm

''...yes.'', he would mutter, his voice muffled a bit, as he was pretty much sitting culred up with his face pressed against his arms right now. He wouldn't be able to sleep like this. One, there was too much on his mind. Two, he wasn't comfortable enough for his mind to let him fall asleep while this near to the redhead. He would sigh. He didn't know what he minded and didn't anymore. After all this time of Hyde giving the impression that he couldn't shut up...silence just felt unsettling around him. On the other hand, he couldn't say he enjoyed it when Hyde didn't shut his yap for ages either. It was like being stuck. Neither worked well anymore. Too much talk either peeved him off, or ended with Hyde saying something very stupid that completely killed his mood. Too little just made him think there was something wrong, because it wasn't normal for Hyde to be that way. In between...kind of didn't happen most of the time. It was either up or down with the guy.

''It...depends? If you know what you are talking about and the person you speak to, then you should be able to avoid saying something that ruins it too badly if it isn't what you want.'', he would respond eventually in a quiet tone, still sitting as he was.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 2:32 pm

"You know? Even now, something like that is still hard for me to do. Or maybe, moderately difficult is the word that i'm looking for. Mostly for you, if i wasn't being clear." Wasn't it kind of obvious that sharkau was the one that Hyde was talking about? He always knew how to trip a landmine even if he trips those landmine unintentionally or by accident. " IF it helps, every time we meet, i'm not trying to poss you off or ruin the mood with the intent of doing so. "He doubt it did, but Hyde just wants to throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:54 pm

That was something he figured already. If it wasn't then it would really make it seem as if Hyde did it on purpose. ''I guess....'' He wasn't going to say much, however. He couldn't really claim anything in regards to that subject. What did he know how hard it really was or anything? Making a guess would not help him. He would sigh a little at the next words. He still wasn't sure what Hyde's intention was, then. What he just said before...This and that, it was just pretty much telling him that he was overly cold and such. Not exactly a nice meaning. He...didn't particularly pride himself on that kind of things. Was it fun to be called that..? Not really. ''I'm not pissed....'' He really wasn't. Usually not even when he seemed so. If he did...it was usually just in the heat of the moment, more than anything else. In fact..when he was really angry or such..it was at himself, not someone else. He could be bitter and all, but it usually ended at that when it concerned others. But...the way he was, it was hard to see. Right now, he was honestly just somewhat sad. Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:38 am

Maybe pissed wasn't the word that i was looking for here But you are definitely feeling something, that much i can tell. What's on your mind right now socrates? " Hyde would say with a playful jest. It was a random thing to call Sharaku, but Hyde never really stopped studying after Zela academy was closed down. History was especially the thing that Hyde took interest in, he was pretty much up to the story of socrates. You know what quote from that man always stuck to me? To find yourself, think for yourself. Do those words resonate with you too? Or have you already found yourself to begin with? Maybe in your case, its people trying to understand what they find....
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:30 am

''Of course I am. It's impossible not to feel unless you're a robot.'' And even then it was questionable at times. You can't just choose not to feel, can you? What was there to be able to tell? Unless Hyde meant he knew what he was feeling. Which was rather doubtful. He wasn't sure what Hyde was on about, though. He had heard that name before, but he barely knew who that actually was. Therefore, he was more confused than anything else. ''Nothing really. I'm...not thinking about anything...'' Aside from being a bit out of the loop, he was mostly saying the truth. His thoughts weren't focused on a specific thing. It was just an overall mess.

''Nh..I don't know...'' Those questions made him feel weird. What was Hyde trying to get at exactly? He didn't know who that guy really was, much less some quote from him. And whatever the point of it was just made him somewhat uncomfortable. Even if he really knew, he probably wouldn't want to answer that. Considering what it would most likely be....
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Thats racist, im pretty sure that Alphonse feels just fine. He is a single parent afterall, got to feel something for that little girl. " Hyde would say with a big smile ad small chuckle. It was perceived as a joke, he was only trying to lighten up the mood a little bit in case that sharaku seemed to be less comfortable around Hyde for some apparent reason. "How about if you aren't thinking about anything specific, you just say the first things that come to mind? It doesn't always work for me, but maybe it'll work a little for you in this case? It's like letting the air out of a balloon, slowly reducing the swelling if your head is filled up. Oh snap, i think we should do yoga together. "

Hyde would elaborate later, but he kind of thought that yoga would be good for sharaku. "......" He was silent on the last part. Hyde figured that only sharaku could answer that question.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Eh? Sharaku would just huff. ''Robots are a race now? And I didn't say an android, just a robot. I could have meant something else. Maybe things like walking microwaves exist somewhere nowadays.'' Not that he would want to own such a machine. It would be all kinds of weird. In any case..there was no saying all androids like Alphonse had actual feelings. Even then, Sentinel did ask him about human emotions in the past, so he himself proved that he at the very least did not understand them too well. ''Ahem...you want me to talk about trees or unrelated stuff like that?'' First thing that came to his mind...was not exactly the best idea for him. Conversation would get way off topic by doing that. That, and there were some things he would definitely not tell, even when they were on his mind. ''Yoga...'', he would look at the redhead with slightly narrowed eyes for a moment, as if he was thinking over something. ''No thanks. I think I'll pass.'' For several reasons.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Yea man dont want to be a Robocist, hahaha, is that how were going to call it? Let's ask Alphonse ow he feels about Robocism. Oh snap, this is a real world already and it probably doesn't mean what i think it does. " Hyde would say with a blank stare as he thought about it. "Well, saw what i just said. It wasn't too unrelated , but your thoughts transition or drift further. I think when you speak openly about whats on your mind , something will happen. Something good...i think" But hyde didn't say much about the yoga. "Alright, well, if you change your mind, i'll help you out. The stretching, deep breathing and meditation exercises could do your body some justice. You could probably do some yoga on your own to battle your stress. it was just a suggestion, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:17 pm

''Don't know. You're the one that made up the word, so no idea if it means what you think it means.'' Was it legitimate? Hell if he knew. Nor did he care whether it was or not. He did like to play around and all that, but asking a robot about something like that struck him more as childish than anything else. Not without a proper reason behind doing it. You don't ask people about racism out of the blue. That's just...pointless? Besides, you never know what reaction will you get to it. It's not exactly a small talk topic for every day.

He would snort slightly. ''Debatable. I'm not sure you would want to know what is really on my mind most of the time. You just don't. I don't see much good coming out of that most of the time.'' For several reasons. His thoughts tended to drift in ways that were better left unspoken majority of the time. Some things, you simply do not need to know. If only to keep your sanity. He was glad he still had his. ''I'd prefer exercise that is more about moving anyway. Yoga just sounds like something to do before sleep.'' It simply did, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Well, if a person asks you to speak your mind openly ad that they didn't mind it, would you still refrain from doing so and restrict yourself? Would limiting yourself from freedom of speech be something you're actually comfortable with, because you fear the result of speaking? Speak, you're my brother, we already went through it all, there is nothing you cant tell me . I know you didn't want to talk to me in particular about you nightmare, but even something as simple as this i can handle, don't you think?

Hyde would say as he took in a deep breath. " Getting a decent stretch in and good meditation also helps. On your rest days, when you aren't working out, yoga is a great alternative that could lessen the soreness of the muscles, depending on how extreme you would want to get with the stretches. But above all else, its relaxing...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 GqgKWAT

''Just because they are the ones wanting me to speak and not minding it...doesn't mean I want to as well. I do like freedom, yes, but it's restricting only if it feels that way. As long as I don't really want to speak to begin with, it is not.'' So what? Hyde was the one wanting him to speak here. How was it a restriction on him if he chose not to? Freedom of speech is a choice, even when you are allowed to. You don't have to want it at that particular moment. ''That aside, it's everything except simple. My thoughts don't exactly run in one straightforward line.'' It would only be confusing to the redhead. Other than that, he just wanted to laugh at Hyde saying they already went through it all. Not a chance. If that was true, they would at least get along better. But, he didn't really blame the redhead for that. To be honest, not even he was sure he knew what was the real him at times. For Hyde, thoughts and such were maybe a simple matter, but for him, it was far from that. Did he fear the result of speaking? That was questionable. Part of him perhaps did. But not the one Hyde would actually get to see regardless.

Eh. ''Sounds a bit boring to me.'' You can do some stretching without actually going all the way to yoga. That just felt like an overkill to him. Meditation wasn't really a cup of his tea either. He'd..sooner prefer other methods, if he had to seek that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:16 pm

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!"" Hyde would say as he moved back a little and grabbed his chest. "What kind of face was that, i never seen you make a face like that before..... that was the scariest thing i seen a a while..." Hyde would say as he scooted just a bi away from sharaku. "What in the world Hyde has pissed off sharaku or bothered him or annoyed him, but not enough to get the serial killer face. Al hyde wanted to do was introduce sharaku to yoga, and it turns out like this? No way. "Heh, heheh..." Hyde tried to tone it down with some nervous laughter." IT was kind of hard to transition into saying anything else with sharaku looking at hyde like that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Sharaku would flinch a bit at Hyde's sudden shouting. What was the redhead, a little girl? He wasn't even trying to really be intimidating. It didn't really go anywhere beyond his expression right now. Tsk. Well, Hyde should be happy he the two of them didn't know each other a few years in the past. If this was the standard reaction, Hyde would have been pissing his pants way too often back then. This here wasn't even anything, really. In fact, he didn't even do it consciously for the most part. On the other hand, outside of that girly reaction, he did find this amusing. Amusing enough to just laugh.

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 M4o1Eju

''Hah...really? What kind of a guy are you if this scares you? You make yourself sound like a scared little girl, no offense.''

He would retort, still laughing under his breath. He wasn't pissed or anything, if that was what Hyde thought. He just had teh capability to seem indimidating when he did it right. But that alone meant nothing. It wasn't a big deal unless he actually snapped. At that point, Hyde would have several reasons to crap his pants. But he wasn't like that anymore. It would take more than a little thing to break him. Still...he did have his moments. And he was obviously enjoying himself to an extent right now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:40 am

I mean bro, did you look in a mirror when you made that face? That was pretty intimidating man." Hyde would laugh too. "Trust me sharaku, without even trying, you could be a pretty intimidating man. I mean, if were going to get technical, tall black male giving a menacing face to an unarmed defenseless redhead.....to be honest...im not even sure if im Japanese or not. I know nothing of my parental background and have no idea what im mixed with... " Though, Hyde would burst out laughing. " Alright, that was pretty funny , but ill honestly admit that you caught me off guard. But me honestly admitting something instead of playing it off like it was something else, doesn't really make me less of a man you now. You kind of sound like DJ though, always sees me as a child for some reason....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Above and Beyond [Hyde]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next