Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Above and Beyond [Hyde]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Ok, and then someone else like angel comes along and then broadcasts our names on the television for everyone to see, in which we all have in common exclusively is that we have owers, giving the indication that we should seek each other out. At this point, we are past the babying stage about the “P” word, i don't have any secrets, i have powers heck, there is an alternate world that i thought would resemble us the most if we all had powers, alternate penecia.

Hyde shook his head. “ Kill those who don't agree with their view? That's exactly what this event is, how do you suppose you get rid of the opposition? Tell them to stop and stand out of your way as  you make a choice that undoubtedly  change the world? Why would i be happy with something so terrifying? This event already separates us from each other somewhat  with the different kinds of angels involved and the fact that not much  of them can bear to coexist a wish with another. They put us in a situation where conflict is unavoidable, and the will to live in an unavoidable fight just leads people to kill each other,  i know first hand how that feels…the fact is… believing in something foolproof and easy to understand is something any of us can do but the steps to achieve it isn't so desirable. If i was fond of it, i would of criticized oki about  the means to justify an end” Hyde has done such things in the other world he was in, which is why he chose to believe in such a will. However, he wasn't going to betray his own ideals at the cost of it.

“We don't do much, but it’s still there. It might not be visible, but some are a lot more sensitive to these things than others. In this case. Ever heard of social links? Some powers that others contain are particularly based on these bonds. They grow stronger along with the bonds that they have with others. IT’s not that i don't believe in individual strength, but the strength of one is just as important as the strength of many. Remember? You came to my aid, and helped me against my shadow, stopped it from piercing my heart. Then you have me the jester arcana back in the process, i would of died without fighting at all if you didn't come, simply because i couldn't. Thats just how cruel the real world can be,  when you are stuck in a situation where there is nothing you can do about. But because of or bond, regardless of what you think of it, you showed up, or better yet,  you had the choice to show up, and you chose to.  Then, i fight him alone,  with both my own strength and the ones that i gained with the bonds of others. So……. long story short… i had to fight alone, but you guys were there too...in spirit

Hyde would then smile. “ They are both as important. …” Hyde would then shake his head a bit.”  Maybe the responsibility of those worlds aren't truly left to ourselves. But speaking for myself,  my actions are based solely off of empathy.  I am not of this world, what loyalties do i have to it if i can simply return to that hell hole i call home? But, i dont want to see anyone die, i don't want to lose yo or my other friends, and if there is anything i can do, i will. Same goes for the other worlds,who knows how many people from the alternate worlds migrated here? Or vice versa, it's just the obligation of human nature for us to help one another,or maybe i’m reaching.  But all of your lives are worth something to me…… even if i can explain what exactly...or why.”

Hyde kind of laughed off the jealousy part. “I thought we were being honest with each other here? I know i said i was jealous, but you don't have to keep reminding me about that. It’s all over and done with, especially when i found my answer. And...i like your idea… lets make one team then. You and me, we can talk to everyone and then pitch an idea for all of us to band together instead of working separately, ensuring were all on the same page. If only they would go for that….but...other than that...i have a question, I’m sure i asked before…

Hyde had to really think about it. “ Whose side are you on if not the angels, what is your wish? And…. do you consider yourself on the side of humanity? Those are very important to me to know, and you are one of the few people i trust the most to answer this question. “ Hyde started his scouting for the second orb’s owner now…. he told naomi the deal, but would Sharaku be the better candidate to entrust the world to? Would he have a wish that Hyde can believe in?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Sharaku would roll his eyes slightly. ''I'm still not sure how much of a good idea that was. Either way, what do you do, approach random people, and ask for their name, then check whether they are on the list? Just because it is fairly common now, not everyone has the power yet. I know for a fact that people like the police and all are rather clueless, for example. And there is always a risk that someone will flip out if you tell them, and they haven't known previously. Having power doesn't make you entitled to be careless, does it?'' So what if it was somewhat more known nowadays? You still had to confirm first, before you started dropping the 'P' word as Hyde called it, and babbling about it. There was still a risk in saying it around carelessly, despite the fact that it was lower than it used to be. ''That said, Penecia is not the only one. They have people with power in the other Malstu too. They are still somewhat different from us, however. They lived with the power. We only got to use it once things started to happen.''

He would snort, then laugh at Hyde's words momentarily, before sticking his tongue out at the redhead. ''Exactly why I don't like this Event. Conflict can be useful, and help us progress, but only as long as it isn't in extreme. I am not for getting rid of opposition in the way that involves killing. No. I can't really blame people for having a different idea. There are always other options to take, instead of making it a bloody fight. Perhaps we could come to an understanding eventually. I refuse to kill someone for a reason like this. Yes, this Event brings competition, but I do not want to believe it is supposed to make us into animals that fight like some dogs over a bone. I thought we were above that?'' It just didn't feel right. To remake the world through fights to the death and such. He didn't think this game was there to support violence and cruelty. They already had plenty of that. He would blink at Hyde when the redhead have a speech on bonds. Yes..but..this wasn't exactly...''I think we are starting to get off the topic. My original point was, that being a team doesn't make the bonds more special by base. You still need to work on them regardless. So you can be close to people without playing a team as well. You're just talking in general now. I am aware that relationships mean something.'', he would smile thinly. ''I came...because I don't wish people harm. I may be harsh towards someone, or get into arguments, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want anyone to die. Not unless they seriously deserve it, and there's proof of that. I get put off by too much social interaction, yes, but that does not mean I'll leave. I do have feelings, as much as they annoy me at times.'' And they did. Mainly when something turned out to be painful. It was just...that he was used to not showing exactly how he felt outwardly. Thus, it may often seem that he was too indifferent about a subject, no matter what he actually said on it.

Wait so. Wasn't Hyde just repeating the same over, just in a different way? ''Yes? But empathy and all you're speaking of..still applies to people first and foremost. So you're just saying what I did, only in different words. People are people, regardless of where they live, I suppose. But if they migrated...that means, they decided to live here. So have you. In the end, the world doesn't matter as much, does it? It's about how much you like being somewhere, which is influenced more by who you know there, than by how your surroundings look. Humans can make the world be what they want if they put their minds to it. After all, it is nothing without someone to live there.'' He wasn't sure what was Hyde actually trying for. The redhead started by saying they were both as important..but he spoke more about people in the end anyway.

Honest? Yes, he was, no? Hyde did say it, so it wasn't a lie when he repeated it, was it? Right...

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 295xZ6m

He would give Hyde a smirk, showing his teeth a bit. ''Too bad for you. It's not like I was lying, since you said it first. Besides, I like pointing out things that are relevant in some way. Bite me if you want.'', he'd say in a somewhat taunting tone. Though, his smile would twitch a little at the team part. ''Assuming it works. But either way, you won't see much of me in the midst of it. I am for working together, but I still don't enjoy huge social situations. I prefer making my way in smaller numbers regardless.'' Maybe it was a drawback, but he simply couldn't function at his best when he was squeezed by people from each side. Too much was too much.

He would scratch his cheek thoughtfully at the question. ''Side of humanity? Maybe so. That depends on what do you understand behind that phrase. What I want is, to solve this in the most efficient way there is. But yes, I would rather let humans make the world they want, by their own strength. Not the Angels. They are not us, no matter how we look at it. They give us options, yes...but ultimately, we are the ones that need to put our heads together and push through. Why conform to an Angel's wish, when we have our own minds? I am not completely certain yet. But what I know, is that I want a world where as many people as is possible can have what they want. Not some sort of narrow minded ideal that supports only one style as the Angels seem to propose. Besides, I don't want to see unnecessary battles to the death, which is what their approach is prompting.'', he would smile slightly. ''Whose side am I on? I suppose ultimately..my own. As for the Angels. I don't intend to join any in the other worlds, that I am sure of. Then there's also the one in the Tower, which I can't say. She is quite the mystery. But I can say that she is different in some way. So maybe that is a possibility, assuming she will make a move. Though, I still intend to walk my own way, even if I were to make an alliance. I do not want to be bound by clear cut rules.'', he would tilt his head a little.

''Is that enough of an answer for you?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 4:36 pm

That's true that we should be more responsible, i kind of learned that lesson the hard way when i tried to tell the police officials about the truth of what's going on. I was jailed, and we can't have that happen to any of the other users, so getting the police involved is out of the question this time around. So i understand that much if anything, to be fair. “ There is always was always a risk but what's the point of dwelling on it too much if they already established this earlier in the conversation? “Moving on….”

OOC: Please dont nitpick ic >.< i woulda answered longer but i'm late for work !!!!! >.< but i hope you can make due with this...

Hyde would say to sway away from the topic of the struggles of getting everyone on the same page in general. “I been exposed to power all my life, to the point where people dying and monsters roaming this earth is normal. I like it here, this peaceful life that this world contains. This is definitely something that i think is worth fighting for. we are above the instances of seemingly fighting over something like hungry dogs for a scrap of meat but when you have a chance to make the dream you harbored inside yourself a reality, it isnt much of human nature to turn away from it either. Some people might think its worth the risk and sacrifice, and i am one of those people, then again, i am a product of a world no one knows….no one but me.”

There was a short pause, but hyde gathered his thoughts again. “Regardless of your reason for coming, i’m glad you did. I’ll return the favor twice over…..” Hyde would say with a confident nod. He really did appreciate sharaku. “ Well as long as you promise to attend my cray social gatherings like a skiing trip or something, you can atleast bet on it that i won't invite you to something boring. One on one interactions are cool too, i don't know sharaku how exactly do you feel towards the people that blantly show the interest in wanting to be around you?

When Sharaku was answering hyde’s question, hyde was quiet. However, he smiled in the end. “ Mhm…. you're a good candidate too…...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:22 pm

''They're a bit hardheaded. It was some pain trying to get through the police guards at Malstu. They don't know what they're dealing with, yet they want to handle it themselves. So much for police doing anything, I guess. I think that people who don't know of it, are prone to reject the idea when told. Unless they experience it firsthand...it's somewhat risky attempting to tell them. They might just call you crazy. Mainly adults, I'd say. Younger people may be more inclined to listen, since they probably like fantasy stories still...'' And whatever, actually. He was starting to say random things here. Not that it mattered much in the end anymore, did it?

He would frown lightly when Hyde spoke of being of another world and all that. ''I suppose I understand that in a way. Yet, I look at it differently. Technically speaking, we are similar in one way. There aren't many people like me walking around, I don't think. And Oki is rather different from me. So I am generally alone at this.'', he would look at a random point thoughtfully. ''However, I look at things from a different angle than you in the end. Maybe to you it is normal to see people dying left and right...but what if you imagine that you were one of those that suffered the pain and died perhaps because of someone's ambitions. Does it sound like something you would want? I've been in contact with the supernatural longer than most people myself...but I don't really like this kind of arrangement. I know what it's like to be pushed around and hurt, only because someone else wants to get something they want done. Yes, keeping at it sounds nice. But at all costs? I can't really..follow that. It really isn't any fun for those that end up suffering any consequences of what you do to make your dream a reality, if it requires some sacrifices. That's why I don't want the fights and opposition to get to extremes. It will only bring pain. I don't want that unless it is the only option left. We already have enough cruelty in the world without doing this.'', he'd state with a somewhat sad smile. He understood what it was like to not want to back down from a dream...yes. He just did not like employing means that could cause something like that. It was distasteful. For reasons.

He would blink at Hyde when he said that he would return the favor, before looking to the side, a bit awkwardly. ''It's...you don't have to. I'm fine as I am...'' Strange as it may be, he was not the type to ask for a return favor in cases like these. As long as he managed to remain on good enough terms with someone, it was usually enough for him. He didn't really aim to have people concern themselves over him. And..eh? He would almost resort to biting his tongue, so he wouldn't ask as to where exactly Hyde wanted to hold a skiing trip. That was probably the least relevant thing in the universe right now. Sometimes his habit of trying to question the logic of things could be really....a problem. And he was aware that he did not need to say that, and deal with it right now. For this once, at least. He already learned that people didn't take well to him picking on things like that. They probably found it to be completely moot. And he could see how Hyde probably didn't mean it exactly anyway. It was just..an example right? Honestly, it was hard for him to wrap his head around the concept of that kind of randomness..but guess he would try this once. He didn't want to risk facing off with Hyde again in any case. ''I...can. It's just that in such...I just tend to end up being the one that trails behind the rest, and says nothing, watching everyone else have fun...I don't know. I somehow feel less comfortable with many people around me. Everyone is talking about something...and I find I have nothing to say or add to the conversation...so I'm..just there. And I found that if I don't talk or push myself in...no one really pays attention to me in the end, because they're busy conversing between each other. It's not really fun. So I opt to stay out of these most of the time. Aside from the fact that prolonged socialising tires me out...it's also a little unpleasant for me in general. Because...I end up feeling alone in the end anyway, even when I am there.'', he'd say with a light huff. It was what it was. He has gotten mostly accustomed to it by now. He didn't really need company that much. Even though...he did occassionally feel a bit lonely, but he didn't like admitting that.

''I'm..I don't know. I appreciate it, I suppose? But I also feel a bit uncomfortable when people come onto me with a lot of interest out of nowhere. I've grown used to being mostly alone...and people wanting my company puzzles me. I'm not sure how I really feel in the end. But...I try?'', he would answer the question rather awkwardly. He was never too good in these matters. ''...For what?'', he'd ask with a slightly raised eyebrow when Hyde made a comment about candidates. He got lost for a moment. What was this about?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm

No matter what universe were in , i think that adults will always act like adults. Less inclined to listen to the young individuals, and more gun-ho on criticizing them without help. As for kids the idea of living in an endless fantasy dream that involves having powers is always a good pull. No one really considers the dangers of portal hopping nowadays or even these fights. Some people choose to fight to protect their homes, other simply want to change. Even such an innocent wish...people die for it." Hyde remembered lost, even when he passed. his friend still came for him.

OOC: Sorry im gonna ski that other part.

"I think that maybe, if you decide to open up a bit ore we can kind of tweak the conversations and events to something that you would be more interested to. I have a tendency in trying my best to pick the general things that people can enjoy as a whole. It's more of a miss than a hit in your case, but i know a few things about you that makes it a bit less harder. It still isn't enough but i'm not going to bring you around other people for the sake of making you feel uncomfortable. You have every right to be there, and you have every right to belong.... or at least...feel like you belong.. i dont think i ignored yo purposely unless you kept standing as the opposition in every little thing that i say or do. Then ill be honest with you, i found it annoying..."

Hyde would say with a small smile. " But it doesn't mean that i don't like you anymore or anything? Neither do they, maybe people are just waiting for you to say something? I mean, why not?" Though Hyde smiled and placed a finger against his lips. 'Big secret, but it definitely involves something i learned after fighting my shadow. I got an important tool that you guys could use, but its only for one person. Though, the final challenge is the god who basically influences the wish the wish of many. Some people take after an angels wish, and others have their own. I wanted to know yours, if...it was something i could believe in.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:04 pm

And what wasn't dangerous anyway? Nothing in life was completely risk free in the end. ''Considering the danger. We would spend too much on that, if we wanted to dissect the matter. There's danger in everything you do, even a completely easy looking task. For all you know, you could cut off your finger when trying to cook, and bleed out. You wouldn't even need the help of portals and the supernatural to die. In the end..the kind of Wish doesn't matter in terms of danger. The risk of death is in everything.'', he would shrung faintly. Innocent wish or not, it was all the same. ''Though, I suppose it can't be exactly true that adults would always act the same. I'm not a kid, and I'm still here doing this afterall.'' Well, he wasn't really old yet either. But since he was past 20, you couldn't say he's a kid anymore.

''Decide.'', he would repeat a little flatly. ''I'm afraid it's not that easy...I can't do that all of a sudden. Besides, I already did compared to months ago. If you can remember, I barely spoke back then.'', he would shake his head with a sigh. For Hyde, it was perhaps easy to say, but just like the redhead would aways be himself in a way...so would he. There were things that couldn't be turned around just because. Sure, a little bit if he tried, but there were some limits. Though, to say the truth, for him it was mostly a matter of...who he was around when it came to the 'open up' deal. He wouldn't manage with just about anyone. The bigger problem? It was much less likely when in a company of several people. You give people one leeway, and then they're all over you. And in all honesty, the idea alone turned him off. Almost to the point of being afraid.

''I just...dislike people prodding me and jumping all around me. And the moment I draw attention to myself by something...it is bound to happen. Everyone gets happy they can go bother me with something, but I don't enjoy being dragged around...But apparently the majority of the human population doesn't understand that there isn't always a need to go literally happy go lucky over things...'', he would lean against the tree tiredly. He would sigh, shifting around a bit uncomfortably. ''I am..not trying to be annoying. I suppose I tend to be a little critical when something doesn't sit right with me..I am sorry for that. But..big groups tend to make that worse. I generally get irritable one way or another...and then it just goes downhill. But, not like it's only you. It happens. People get so invested in their own talks, and don't bother paying you any attention unless you say something on point. And half the time I don't even understand what the discussion is about to begin with...'' Well, usually. Then during other times, he simply didn't have it in him to interrupt or butt in, just so they would notice him.

''Why not..? I guess it's that. I do not like being the center of attention when it's the kind I usually get. I'm generally fine with keeping to myself. It's better than participating in something way too bubbly. I don't know. It just doesn't feel right most of the time....'' Frankly, he didn't always know why exactly. It was just a feeling. That it wasn't a good idea. Maybe something was wrong with him. He wouldn't bet against that. ''One person..'', he would look at Hyde shortly, before turning his gaze elsewhere. ''Why'd you consider someone like me? We've always been at odds. Why not..I don't know...you still love Oki, no? It would make more sense...'', he honestly felt a little awkward about that. He and Hyde were never on the best terms. That, and he was...odd and messy most of the time. Why would Hyde come after him with something like this? There were a lot of choices to look at. He was pretty sure Hyde had so many friends that they were hard to count.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:37 pm

Not sure if you had a choice in the matter but to believe in all of this if you was told. Some people had the simple choice to believe in the unbelievable, you were bathed in it. Everything that people could say that's out of this world, even if it involves science, it changed you for good and you are aware of it . If you turned a blind eye to something like this, you would only be lying to yourself. With what happened to you, it's a chance to turn your woes into something that could help people, or if you're not too generous.. at least help yourself or people you remotely care about when danger arrives.

Hyde would say as he swallowed a bit, he was a little thirsty. "Well, you aren't good with big groups, i guess that's what it is when it comes to your social qualms. I mean saying that you changed doesn't mean that you'll stop changing. You'll continue to change, maybe for the better. As you keep hanging with groups on occasion you'll adapt. Or you can avoid them all together and those occasions when you are in groups would annoy you the most. And yes, i was trying to give advice. You can take it or leave it. But just remember, you're alot more appealing to people then you make yourself out to be.

hyde would then put his hands in his pockets and smile. Prior warning.... this is going to be long........Well ..... there are plenty of choices. One would say that the best things for you aren't essentially want you would want or enjoy, like taking vitamins that taste bad. Were always at odds but it doesn't mean that you're always right or i'm always wrong, or vice versa. Being on the side of humanity is a plus, with israfel... i guess we can make an early assumption that every angels wish portrays to one factory of life that only a few would excel in, with some consequences along the way or what remains as the end choice. That would be true for all wishes, but why cant a wish for a human be made from the same desire of a human and not something celestial? No offence, we don't know, they might mean well...there might be an angel's wish that's worth betting on... but if i'm going to believe in something, why not believe in someone whose fighting for humanity wholeheartedly? Is there merit in taking their wish instead of humanity claiming their own? Or maybe i'm misunderstanding you, help me clarify if i am. If what i give you has that much influence in the end to change everything, to give you the fighting chance you need, along with the burden of that wish...that desire... being focal point of all this.... could you handle the pressure... is this something you even want Sharaku? What do you want?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 pm

''Yes, but it is always just a choice. And people can easily choose the opposite. To not believe, and think that the person who told them is a lunatic or such.'', Sharaku would shrug slightly, before giving Hyde a somewhat sad smile. ''You know, I'd say the way I got into this...is not really a good one. Not for the chance you are describing. I can't see many like me wanting to be very generous. I didn't get help from anyone when I needed it, why would I help others now? It's easy to think that way. Afterall, no matter what we say...all people are selfish to an extent. When something happens, you normally think of yourself first, and only then about others.'' There were times when he didn't care either.

He would snort lightly. ''Well, I know I do. If we met 5 years ago, I would probably have punched you harder than Naomi. No one stays the same all the time. But, I think that some things stay. You can't completely turn around your personality. I've never been the one for much social contact. Not even when I was young. That never changed a lot. I can adapt, but that doesn't have to mean it'll change how I feel about it on the inside. And I don't know? I don't like to overestimate myself when it comes to this in particular. I can't say I always feel as if people like me.'' That wasn't possible anyway. There would always be someone that disliked you for whatever reason.

Well...''The Angels are all for a different motive, yes. I don't know if there is merit in following them. Perhaps they would lend you a hand? But, if they are all similar to Israfel, then I don't agree either way. I don't see enforcing one specific type of living on the whole humanity as a good idea. Whatever it is. We do need some variety to keep moving.'', he would look to the side with a sigh. ''I'll do..what I have to. Do I want it? Does anyone? Neither of us asked to have this thrown at us. Though, maybe it is a good thing. As one saying goes...those that never wanted power, tend to use it the best.'', he would shake his head lightly. ''I'll handle whatever comes. I've always done that. What do I want? Depends. In regards to this, I simply want it to be over before everyone has to suffer for it.'' Hm. He wasn't really sure what was Hyde aiming for with that question anyway.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Why not? Why not help others in need? So you fee bitter about being powerless when you needed help the most. Now you are the one with power, and there are people all around you who used to be as powerless as you were. For the sake of the fact that you can indeed make a difference, you would do nothing of the sort? Is it really generosity? I would say that you would be taking something back in a way, but that's a stretch. You don't have to help them, you could watch. That much is true, but it's nothing i can live with. " That was Hyde's personal opinion on that matter for the time being.

"You are a rose with some prickly thorns my friend. A rose that has been preserved with a bit of ice, basically barriers upon barriers that shield your heart. You guard yourself well, perhaps a bit too well. Some of your responses can rub people the wrong way. However, you are who you are. You don't have to change Sharaku, it's fine to be "You". There is always going to be complications, problems, arguments, but that's just how life is sometimes. I'll be dammed if anything went smoothly, but like i told you before, there's merit to people who are still sticking around regardless of your attitude and natural outlook of things.

Hyde reached into his pocket and plucked a candy in his mouth. "You'll do what you have to? Would you say that your motivation towards all of this is based only off of necessity? Or more of it? Though, ending the problem before it becomes a problem because you don't want anyone else to suffer.... among your kind.... you might be the most generous... but you're still human from what i can see.....and in that case..there are plenty of human beings like that even if rare.... and i don't seem anything wrong with a desire like that."

Hyde would then reach into his pocket and then smile. "Candy?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 pm

At any rate? It always depended on the kind of person that was faced with the choice, and the way they thought. Nothing more, nothing less. ''Maybe someone doesn't give a damn about making a difference. Helping others means putting yourself in the way of danger. Not everyone wants to even consider that again after they faced a lot of pain already. I was just saying in any case. Don't mean that I wouldn't care. Just that...there are surely many people that go by the rule of, give what you get. When you see how bad people can be, it can sometimes be hard to find motivation to extend a hand to them.'' Yes, he already knew that Hyde would have none of that. That was nothing new under the sun. He was simply saying that there were other views too..so what if Hyde thought it was a waste to not be generous? Not everyone followed that kind of thinking.

He would shrug vaguely. ''I suppose they do. I won't deny that. Then again, it goes both ways. Other people say things that come off wrong as well. Maybe just less than me. And who is to blame anyway? I try to explain what I meant..but I can do so only when the other person tells me they took something wrong. If they keep silent, I can't do anything.'' It was hard to say whose fault it was in the end. He could try to fix a misunderstanding..but only when he had something to go on. ''I like roses though.'', he would add offhandedly. He wasn't sure what to say to that. He knew he wasn't an open book.

He would snort. He wasn't even sure whether this was amusing or not. ''And right after what you said about my words rubbing off wrong. I did not mean it as a neccessity. Don't take my words exactly to the point all the time. I simply meant I'd do what is needed..? As in, face whatever comes.'' Ah well. ''I didn't say I think it's wrong though. As for whether I am..? Who knows. The only one like me I've met so far is Oki. Well, and that one woman. But that isn't enough to draw from anyway.'' Was he better than them? He didn't really want to answer that one. There was no use putting yourself above someone just because.

Hm. He would blink at the offer. ''I guess...?'' He usually..didn't eat sweet things. Not a lot. But, eh.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:44 am

Regardless of putting yourself in the same danger, you would still risk it all for the sake of another. You have a sense of unrequited chivalry to you, You are more likely to give, but to be the receiver of things, you would much rather have it squared off than accept something as complicated as a token of appreciation or gratitude, It's not like you are a police officer or a solider on payroll, its sometimes a thankless job without expectation or compensation, you're only reward is piece of mind that you possibly saved the lives of many. That trait of yours is admirable, you know that? Maybe it's not that complicated, but that's just how i'm seeing it.

Hyde would laugh a bit when sharaku said that he liked roses. "I like them too, they just stood as an idea example for you when i was trying to describe you for a little bit." Though, Lagi didn't pull out candy at first. He pulled out a small orb about the size of a baseball with a bright golden glow. "This isn't candy, this is the orb of change. I'm out of candy so..... instead.... i cut the the chance...i want to bet on you sharaku.... i want to bet on you wish.... your ideal change for humanity.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 am

The what now..? Sharaku would look to the side awkwardly. Honestly, speeches like those were kind of embarrasing when aimed at him. It wasn't..that he disliked stuff like compliments, but it made him feel weird either way. And Hyde knew how to be flowery about it on top of stating it normally. ''Well...it depends on the matter in question. I wouldn't risk my life completely for someone I don't even know, for example. Help? Maybe, but not if I could die because of it. Not for a stranger. But yes...I don't particularly fancy being given things. If nothing else, I can usually just get them myself. I'm not really looking for any kind of reward. I just dislike seeing people suffer for no reason.'', he would shrug vaguely, leaving it at that. He didn't know what exactly to say after being told this.

''I suppose so. Though, as much as I do like roses, I probably wouldn't want to be a flower.''
They were nice as a standalone, but he couldn't really see himself in terms of flowers. Even if it was meant to only be a comparison. It was...a little strange, though he would shrug it off for now.

''...............?''

''I guess...I can't eat that, can I..?''
That probably wasn't a good joke. But no..really? Why? Yes, he got that Hyde was scouting for someone to give a thing to...but...he thought the redhead would take more time to decide. Or at least talk to more people about it. He would look at Hyde a bit uneasily. ''I thought you would take more time to decide...didn't you have more people you wanted to consider..?'' He didn't know what to think of this right now...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 am

It was left to me as to who i should pick. This or is nothing more than a equalizer a catalyst of making a difference. What 's going to happen will happen, if i give this or to someone or not. The creator will awaken, and i saw a vision of me fighting it. Or better yet, Gina kind of foreshadowed me fighting it.  Make me misjudge the kind of time that we really have, so maybe that's why it comes to the case of making a split decision like this. I already thought about it. "

Hyde maintained eye contact with  Sharaku. " Well, think about it  at least......"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:46 am

Sharaku would continue to stare at the redhead contemplatively. Well, he understood that there may not be a lot of time left and all. As for whether this thing made a big difference or not...It could. Why else would he have been given that..and was only able to pass it onto one person. That had to mean something. Whatever it was, but probably of some importance. Either way, his main concern was Hyde not thinking it through enough. Hasty decisions where the redhead's forte, were they not? And they didn't always end good. Of course...this one would kind of depend on him if he took it. But still, the starting idea would be Hyde's. On the other hand..he had to give it so someone, and no option was completely safe no matter what you did.

Well. ''It's..not that I wouldn't take it. I just want to be sure you're not making a rushed decision, that's all. You wouldn't want to regret something you've done, would you?'', he would smile thinly. ''However, if you're sure, fine with me.'' If it came down to it, he wouldn't decline. He wasn't that much of a coward. He simply didn't want Hyde to regret it later, seeing as it did seem he was making a decision rather quickly.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

I would like to say that being decisive and rushing is two different things, its obvious that better decision would be made when people have more time to think about it. But if i was to think on it a bit more, i guess we could wait until we take care of that giant robot. I don't know if you are going or not, but there is a mission that Naomi wants to take on, involving san malarus. Maybe she would tell you more about it, she has a few rules, like keeping ourselves hidden the entire time. " That was more of Naomi's vibe, so he would leave it to her for the explanation.

"Well, i just want you to now that i have been thinking about you Sharaku. Regardless of whatever you think this is or how our relationship might be, i still contain some faith that you'll be sure to make the right choice. You can either take it now, or ill decide again later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Above and Beyond [Hyde]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next