Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Above and Beyond [Hyde]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Eh? What inspired such a speech out of a sudden? He only said he was planning to go after Rita...? ''I know well enough to guess.'' Where would one go was not the big deal here. ''And it depends. How do we know it would not get worse with time if we let it be? Besides, the Angels are living beings. It's not exactly nice to leave them there like that. Whether they give influence or not, people can make their own idea of a Wish either way. Gives us no guarantee that people will not split up, Angels or not. It's not an easy task to be on one page either way.'', he would shrug a bit. He didn't know what exactly inspired this, but he answered, at least.

''Waste of time is subjective.'', he would state simply, not really interested in that kind of subject right now. What exactly did strong stand for anyway? ''Hm?'', he would raise an eyebrow. That was a rather abrupt change of topic, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 4:22 pm

It might sound weird to bring up to you... but not for me, i was going to graduate in one more year if things remained as it is. Or i could of done it right after we save the word. I mean i don't want to live my life thinking that the only thing i'm good for is to beat up shadows and stuff, that's not the kind f if i want...so i been thinking of going to culinary school and see if i can make a name for myself as a professional chef." Hyde would say as he closed his eyes. " I think the dreams of doing what you love after all of this is over is a great motivator for people. If i can see the future for myself outside of the crisis, it make me want to insure that i can make those dreams happen, it can't happen if we lose. You know?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:45 pm

It wasn't really that weird. He could understand the reasons. Everyone had something else they wanted or what motivated them. ''So, you like cooking that much?'' Hyde didn't look like the type if one didn't know, to be honest. Though, he would smirk a bit. ''At least your wife will be lucky to not have to cook if you marry one day.'', he would sort of poke at the redhead. Most likely that wouldn't be an actual reality, but he couldn't resist. ''Perhaps so.'', he would look off to the distance for a moment. ''To be honest, I tend to attempt making other people happy, rather than myself. So I don't know...I just keep going back and forth. I don't really know what I'll do in the future yet..'' It was just unclear for him right now. He was the type to do whatever came...and he didn't really have anything solid to lean on at the moment either. He was mostly alone, so he wasn't even pressed to go in one way as it was. Perhaps he'd decide later... He liked his freedom anyway.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:08 am

Hyde would bush a bit when Sharaku mentioned that his wife would be happy. "H-hey,i didn't say that you guys wouldn't eat for free the first time around either. I hope you all would be happy with my cooking to. And yes, i like cooking alot, especially the face that people make when they eat good food." Hyde would say with a sigh." I never really noticed that you would go out your way to make other people happy, or i haven't really seen it to the you the truth. Though, on top of the happiness of others, focus on your own as well. You have you freedom, you can do whatever you want with it, but nothing beats the thrill of actually having something to do. Something specific to narrow it down to, it makes me excited honesty. "Hyde was fairly cheerful. "LEts make a bucket list of what makes you happy, if you want. Along with what makes you happy, the ideas on what to look forward to with you friends. I'll give you two ok? just examples. " Hyde would say with a small cough." You can eat at my restaurant for its grand opening and, were all supposed to go on skiing trip. Hows that sound?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 pm

''Nor did I imply anything of the kind? It was just a joke.'' What he had said, had nothing to do with people eating free and whatnot. He was simply poking a joke at the redhead, that was all there was to it. Not sure how exactly Hyde interpreted his words. He would give a wry smile. ''I figure it's probably not that noticeable unless you look for it.'' He did often have a somewhat rough way of doing things, so he was kind of used to the fact that people did not realize what he was actually trying to do. It was a bit of an annoyance at times, when someone assumed the complete opposite of his intentions though. Did he have to be a sweet candy for it to be obvious enough that he was trying to help or such? If so, then people indeed loved to hold onto stereotypes.

Though, he would give Hyde a slightly blank face. He, on the other hand wasn't really that excited over it. Sure, he could perhaps use something, but he very much prefered to move at his own pace. Not having someone rush him into something. Hyde would probably never catch onto that. When he wanted to, he would. But he wouldn't do it just because he was told to 'jump'. ''How about no. Hyde, I appreciate your concern, but I'll find out on my own. I prefer to take my own time, instead of rushing it like this. I don't jump exactly when someone tells me to, so don't get ahead of yourself, if you would.'', he would state calmly, attempting to explain. He did not want to argue over this needlessly. And if he was to be actually frank...what was exciting about the restaurant suggestion anyway? He wasn't big on food. The skiing trip was a bit skeptical too. He never learned how to ski, as he usually lived in places where snow was scarce. That, and he could predict it being way too rowdy for his tastes. So eh.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Ehh ok, i'm sure you'll figure it out on your own. I just wanted to help i guess. " Hyde would say with a simple shrug, he was only half serious anyway, this was nothing that sharaku had to do if he didn't want to "'by the way, you could of ended that sentence with ' I prefer to take my own time, instead of rushing it like this. ' That extra set made it passive aggressive, and when someone with pure intentions talks to you and that's how you rub off on them, it might sound rude to them. Not to say that i don't have thick skin, but i'm just pointing that out for you. I get it, you don't want anyone in your business. ' who knew what the future holds, but why be a dick about optimism? Hyde kind of got the most of it, but there were better ways to say things without sounding like an asshole all the time.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Well, being overexcited wasn't much of a help. Help with getting a headache, more likely. Sharaku would just sigh, deciding to not respond to that. He probably wouldn't be able to phrase what he meant without it sounding wrong. Let's just...not. He wasn't in the mood for that right now. He would roll his eyes at the redhead. ''Might, might not. I can't control what people assume when I say something, can I? That in mind, just about anything could be taken as some sort of offense or being rude. Then, I might as well not talk at all to be safe. I didn't mean it that way at all. If I wanted to be aggressive, I would be direct about it. It's not like I was trying to order you around or anything.'', he would shrug. What was he to do? Scan every word for a possible negative sounding meaning? Everyone would take a sentence their own way, so the point was moot in the end. ''I could take your words in a bad meaning too. You were quite overeager afterall. You were all 'Let's do it, if you want to'. But you went ahead with it, not even letting me actually agree if I wanted to or not. It's all about individual interpretation, in a way. You think what I said is passive agressive. Someone else might not. How do you propose solving something like that?'', he would raise an eyebrow at the redhead. He did not want to get into something like this, but so be it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 pm

thats true, everything can be misunderstood in another light that it wasn't intended for. You must be aware if it, and i'm aware of it as well. When it happens so often in social environments like this, it just doesn't turn out as desired. people either kick themselves after or label you as 'hard to deal with'. after going through the motions, for some strange reason, in the field of emotions, you look invincible to me sometimes. Like nothing can hurt you, or that it would be pretty hard for it to try to begin with, i even saw shun cry for the first time. if we are to add all of your que names, 'The middle ground, ice rose prince, thats untouchable.'

The shun bit was a little downplayed, but it was none of Hyde's business. It was their relationship, he just couldn't bear to see shun in pain all the time. " Anyway, youre right anything can be taken as offensive. Remember when i thought i was gong to die because of the words that i seen after taking thw wild card power? Would be a waste of time if that was to happen.....i mean... planning for a future i won't have. but if it's just a hoax, why throw all of my dreams in exchange for more fear? You know?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 am

Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 MdJ7Kl1

Sharaku would just stare blankly at the redhead. Of course he would just get it thrown back at him. Why not? And then people wonder why he's never different. What is the point when it always comes down to an assumption like this? When he went out of his way to be nice, like the talk about family not so long ago, Hyde would take it for granted. Yet, still go and call him pretty much cold a few moments later. So much for that. So he didn't go all 'baww' and cry over every other thing. Is that it? Cause apparently you had to whine and look like the world just kicked you a million times for it to be acknowledged that something could hurt you. Someone like that would get all the sympathy in the end. Did that mean he couldn't feel hurt? No, it did not, but guess it was easier to think that. And frankly, he didn't feel any motivation to even try looking different if that's how people wanted to see him. It wasn't as if he never looked sad or such. But that got passed over rather fast if he didn't make it into a huge deal, wasn't it? Ironically, Hyde goes calling one sentence out as passive aggressive. And half of this speech was not similar? How was he to feel about being blatantly told he was apparently...whatever the redhead was even calling him?

Of course Hyde would worry over Shun. The teen probably spent a good while crying over things, and saying how everyone was so unfair to him. An instant way to attract consoling. And Hyde would probably fall for that, whatever the problem was, just because of all the dramatic sadness. ''You're wrong.'', he would state in a flat tone. ''And you know what? This is one of the reasons why I stay this way. Because people love to stick to their assumptions, so it hardly matters if I try for a while. In the end, they just think what they want to anyway.'', he would look away. ''I'm not even surprised. Shun gets sensitive over every thing, like it's the end of the world almost each time someone tells him a no. Figures being a crybaby and being visibly upset gets you all the attention. Is that what I should be to not get called names like that? What if I don't want to? You call me out on apparently being passive aggressive, but what you're telling me now is okay?'', he would snort a bit.

''And I don't know. You don't have any proof whether it is right or not yet, do you? I say it's up to you to decide what you want to believe.'', he'd stat simply, before staring ahead somewhere. Now he honestly wasn't in the mood anymore.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:21 am

i don't know, maybe i'm being a bit confusing, and teasing a bit. I'm sorry, i know why you do what you do, it was just harmless fun, that wasn't really fun for you in the end..... so ill stop. " Though Hyde was mostly saying what was on his mind, his intent wasn't to hurt sharaku in any kind of way. He didn't have to accept Hyde's apology or anything, it was just the right thing to do in times like this, most ties do get ike this.however, Hyde still seemed pretty relaxed. " I guess that wasnt very much like me, i kind of wonder why i said that in the first place?" Though, hyde would laugh at the shun bit. "Well, i don't understand much of the woes of the rich, i thought you was apart of that world when i first met you. when you have everything you could want that money could buy, i guess being denied something that you cant put a price on has its toll on him, like affection. you're not for sale, and maybe that's something he doesn't like, especially when hard efforts prove fruitless. " hyde would say as he looked in sharakus direction. "Though, the heart is a complicated thing, nothing is simple about it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:50 pm

''Right.'' Sharaku would just sigh a bit. Harmless fun. He wasn't sure how he felt about that. A lot of things were apparently fun for Hyde. Said harmless fun hadn't appeared to be phrased in a joking way either. And if the redhead really knew why he did what he did...then this wouldn't happen? He honestly just felt conflicted about this. So he would leave it at that for now. No use in stirring it more in any way. ''You wonder a lot.'', he would state simply. Not like him eh? In a way, Sharaku would beg to differ. Hyde had a knack for doing something randomly, and then being all..oh, I did that. Sort of. So, he wouldn't really say this was new at all.

''And I can do nothing about that, can I now? There are many things money can't get you. I would have thought he'd know that much.'' He wasn't obligated to go along with things because someone couldn't take a different way. Nor could he solve that problem for the person. ''Nothing is simple in general.'', he would shrug a bit.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm

And you dont? You was practically staring out into space when i found you, and i tossed a penny at yu in order to bribe you into telling me what you was thinking about. Either my bribe was too cheap, or you kind of didn't understand the concept to begin with. Maybe both?" Hyde would say with a grin. 'see? You can't be bought after all, which i think i pretty cool. Can't necessarily put a price on the worth of a human being. ..........im running out of things to say..." hyde would laugh as he closed his eyes again and started to doze off just a little bit
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:04 pm

...but that wasn't even what he meant by his comment. Not that kind of wondering. And his wondering had nothing to do with the redhead anyway, unlike the other way around. That, and he just found the way it was done a little irking? 'Kind of wonder why I said it in the first place?' Sure do. How do you not even know why you say something? That makes little sense, unless you go on autopilot at times. Which would mean you're probably not right in the head and could use a checking of your health. He would just shrug. ''Bribing of that kind wouldn't work on me. And no, I don't really understand. You can just ask, instead of throwing money at me, no? Either way, there are different types of wondering, so we kind of aren't on the same page in the first place.'' And he didn't feel like elaborating. If there was something he had no interest in, it was a really bad mood. Which was almost a guarantee out of an argument that could happen like this.

''Would someone let themselves be bought...? Actually, someone maybe would.''
Even though he found it a rather lame idea. Money could only get you so far when it came to happiness. He would stay silent after that, just looking out into the distance. ''........'' Frankly, he didn't care. It's not like he was actually asking Hyde to run his mouth, was he? Silence was just as good at times.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:43 am

Hyde took a small nap for a moment, one of the reasons why he was quiet for so long.'.................." He was pretty much still exhausted from the fight and haven't had any kind of break whatsoever since getting out. So on that end, it would be pretty natural for him to take a nap. Though, his positioning kind of looked like hyde was simply being silent for the time being, unmoving and listening to the sounds of nature. In actuality, he was asleep.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 4:58 am

''......''
Nothing? Well, now he didn't have to worry about Hyde spewing random stuff. Even though that didn't make him feel particularly better. Honestly, anything with Hyde was kind of bittersweet. He could respect the redhead in some ways, but then there were things that just made him feel bad when being around the guy. And it was hard to balance. Mainly when the redhead didn't seem to understand what he was causing most of the time. Saying something, and then waving it off in often a rather lame way as if that solved it. That did not make him feel better at all. For how much Hyde claimed he cared for his friends, he often countered that by acting like a hyper kid and crossing where he shouldn't. Repeatedly.

Sharaku would just sigh, leaning against the tree a bit more, wrapping his arms around his knees. For a moment, he considered just wandering off and leaving Hyde to doze on his own, so he wouldn't have to deal with this any more now. But he didn't even feel like getting up right now. Well, he had silence for now, at least.
''......''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Above and Beyond [Hyde]   Above and Beyond [Hyde] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Above and Beyond [Hyde]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next