Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Empty
PostSubject: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 am

What better time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Tokyo Strip than in the afternoon, just before the sun sets for the day? Especially now that winter was fast approaching, the sun was going down sooner. But, that wasn't why Nadia was here, not really. This time it was business, and she was giddy with excitement.

Only the solemnity of the man who'd given them this mission kept her from asking everyone in the crowded throng of people about pickpockets. That, and common sense. The reason she was looking here in this area was simple. The girl's "name" was "Ronin." That was a Japanese word, meaning a wandering samurai without a patron lord. It was an old word, but one that had garnered popularity in modern culture because, well, everyone loves a lone wolf.

And so here she was, Trying to figure out where to start with her investigation. There were so many people in the streets, she thought it would be the perfect distraction for people who didn't want to be found. And so Nadia wandered around like a proper tourist, enjoying the shops and stalls as best she could while keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, such as pickpockets. At one of these stalls she bought a oni half-mask, much like what some of the other people in the festival were wearing, to slip over her eyes and nose. If she saw someone pickpocketing, she would follow them discreetly as possible until they left the throng of people into a more secluded area.

Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Gearing up for the nightly festival the street was as busy as it normally was, though not as lively as when night fell. The majority of the stalls that were open had the feel of a flea market. Not big, not impressive, and not holding nearly as much oriental charm as those that rolled out when all the clientelle was present but hocking wares of odds and ends. Pickpockets here were non-existent, with the relatively open street not allowing many to hide their illicit activities like they would be able to in thriving bodies in the dark of the evening. But Nadia's vigilance would allow her to overhear a conversation...

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Tokyo_17

"That's so tragic! Is he okay?"
"I haven't the foggiest but it couldn't have come at a worse time!"

QAS Initiated!

> Listen to the conversation
> Join the conversation
> Keep looking
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 am

Nadia was in the midst of searching the small stands for a mask when she heard the voices. If she hadn't been alert, she surely would have missed it. Ears perked, she continued listening while making a show of looking over the wares of a nearby kiosk. No masks here, but they had a few interesting things, some jade (or more likely green plastic) jewelry that was cute nonetheless.

While trying to look enraptured in the shop, she listened to the conversation. So an antique store had been broken into? Interesting. That certainly sounded like something she could investigate. But she wanted to see what else they said before she confronted one of them to ask questions. They might just be nobody, and asking too many questions to the wrong person could bring suspicion on her unduly. She picked up one of the pendants at the stand and turned it over in her hand, but looking past it, to identify the two girls having the conversation, so she could see who was saying what, and identify who she should follow to get more information if they parted ways before she made her move.

> Listen to the conversation
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 11:08 pm

"How bad was it? Do you know?"
"I don't know what condition he's in but I heard he's in the ER."
"Yikes! How's she dealing with it?"
"Not well I'm afraid, the poor girl's a wreck.
They're already about to face a strain on the finances. An absolute tragedy!"
"Do you think it was them?"
"Scandalous I know, it could be possible but wasn't he on their good side?"
"Well who else could it be?"
"Isn't it frightening knowing that whoever it was they're still out there...?"
"DON'T scare me like that! I don't need to worry about it, shut your mouth!"

QAS Initiated!

> Keep listening
> Join the conversation
> Look elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am

Nadia continued to listen to the conversation, looking over a few of the stalls wares on the side closer to the girls, trying to look as casual and unobtrusive as she could. It wasn't until the girls mentioned a "she" that Nadia took notice. Not only was it a break it, but someone was in the hospital, and someone else was dealing with it poorly. This certainly seemed like it could be a promising lead - at the very least it was an entrance into the thieving world, and if Ronin wasn't involved, she could find someone who knew about Ronin, perhaps.
> Join the conversation
Nadia turned around, taking a few steps away from the perturbed shop keeper empty handed, towards the two girls.
"Um, excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but I couldn't help but overhear what you were saying about the antique shop. I'm looking for someone whose gone missing from school, and I think it might be related. If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me more about this person in the ER, and the girl as well? And..." She lowered her voice a little as she glanced around. "Who do you mean by 'them?'" She gave a light, hopeful smile. "I'm afraid I don't know where to look for this kind of information in this district. If you could help me, I would be very grateful."
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 pm

The gossiping women were somewhat alarmed at the sudden approach of this newcomer, although in different ways. One appeared appalled, the other was a bit enthralled to share.

"You don't know about Kobayashi? He's in the hospital! He's in all sorts of a bad way!"

"Ummm... Fushiji?"

"School's a little ways off from the picture though. But when they have to worry about it egads! It'll be such a strain!"

"Fushiji."

"And yeah! So word on the street is he's been involved wi-"

"Fushiji!"

"What?"

"You're doing it again. The thing you do that I warned you about."

"Oh. Oooooooh! Sorry Mitsuki!"

"I'm sorry young lady but this simply isn't any of your business. I'd appreciate it if you left."

QAS Initiated!

> Lie about your involvement (Charisma 2)
> Appeal (Understanding 2)
> Forcefully insinuate (Courage 2)
> Ask again
> Drop it
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 4:18 am

Normal gossiping girls loved to share their gossip with others, or at least wouldn't be quite so defensive about it, Nadia thought, judging by what she'd seen and heard with high school girls. The fact that the girl had verbally shushed the other one meant they were trying to hide something. They knew something about this. That was Nadia's feeling. Granted, there were tons of things that could be going on, and Nadia didn't know if this involved Ronin or not.

The chill of fear settled in her gut as she looked from one girl to the other. It was like the chill she normally got when trying to connect with strangers - the fear of rejection. But it was also mixed with another kind of fear. For all she knew, these girls could know about Personas, or even have them themselves. This could be dangerous. But then, she knew that going into this didn't she? She couldn't back out now, not when she was so close to potentially getting information. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath. And when she opened her eyes back up they were different. Not the wide, curious eyes she usually had, but the chilly calculating ones she'd learned from her parents. Eyes that said she was appraising potential assets. With those eyes, she carefully observed the two girls' reactions to her following words.

> Forcefully insinuate (Courage 2)
(Current Courage: 3)
R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) ForthrightOfficialJenny-small
"I'm sorry, but it has been made my business. There is a life at stake, in case you care about something like that. And even if you don't...I need you to tell me more about this group, please. It may be connected to my missing friend."

Nadia looked from one girl to the next, using their names in turn. "Miss Mitsuki, Miss Fushiji, Any help you could render would be greatly appreciated. If you'd rather talk about it somewhere that isn't out in the open, we can go somewhere else."
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Both women took a step back at once in the change of demeanor of this girl. Speaking about missing people, things being her business now, threats to life and offering to take them someplace else. It was clear to them that she was desperate but how desperate was the question. Was she seeking revenge against them? Or maybe it wasn't so personal. Perhaps she was a rival instead...

"N-No...! No, that's okay...! W-We're fine right where we are...! U-uh, isn't that right Mitsuki?"

"Fushiji."

"I'm doing it again, aren't I...?"

"Yes, w-well... if you absolutely must know Kobayashi... had some debts..."

"Yeah! I heard he was in over his head paying protection to the Yakuza!"

"...I can't believe you."

"And when he got put in the hospital he was in like super bad condition and now he's out his payment AND they look bad so-"

"SHUT. IT."

"Meep!"

"Look we... really can't be seen talking about this so if you excuse us..."

QAS Initiated!

> Allow them to leave
> Beg (Understanding 3)
> Hound them (Courage 3)
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 pm

The Yakuza...Well, that could certainly be the "group" that had put Ronin's head on the market. It was a lead at least. But it wasn't enough to go on. The girls each took a step back, and Nadia pursue them a pace, not in a threatening way, but in an insisting one. in a more hushed voice, she asked. "What happened to the shop - did it happen to have anything to do with the hit on Ronin? Was that hit placed by the Yakuza?"

There it was, she had dropped the name. Now what? Hopefully that wouldn't come back to bite her, because now she'd revealed some of the cards in her hand. But she needed to keep them talking, even if they didn't want to go to a more secluded place. It would have to be here, and it would have to be now. "Please, I need to know if you know where I can find her."

> Hound them (Courage 3)
current courage: 3
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:07 am

The young girl's assertiveness was not making her any friends, nor was her demeanor. She appeared desperate in the worst way, a possibly dangerous way. And just what was she talking about? Was that the name of a gangster...?! Both women stepped back with hesitant expressions, turning toward each other to share an extended look between them.
"Fushiji... don't you have somewhere to be right now...?" The more talkative women lilted her head before letting out an awkward laugh.
"H-haha...! Y-you're right...! I gotta go... ummm... water my cat! I'll talk to ya later...!" The more bubbly woman waved with a feigned smile before walking swiftly down the vendor-lined street, disappearing from view. This left just the sterner gossip with Nadia. She spoke in a low voice but the unease in it was evident despite the vitriol.

"I don't know what you're getting after and frankly I don't want to, I have half a mind to call the police...! Poor Utano nearly had a miscarriage after that scare, I can't imagine how her family will recover from this. Her husband beaten and in the hospital, forced to fend for herself after all she's been through... I can't even fathom why their sleepy little store would be broken into by... b-by punks like you...! It's all over the district lately, just a bunch of no-good hoodlums taking what doesn't belong to them with no regard for who it comes from! Y-you keep families out of our little gangster politics young lady...!"

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Facele11

QAS Initiated!

> Threaten her to keep quiet
> Press for more info
> Leave
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:45 am

Nadia watched the more talkative woman leave, curious eyes dark and observant. She had to admit she was a little concerned about the other woman staying with her alone. But what the woman had to say...made Nadia feel a mix of emotions she wasn't ready for. Adults had rarely reproached her like this, and certainly not with such accusatory conviction. She took a step back, looking hurt. Surely, it must seem like Nadia was one of the gansters. Why hadn't she anticipated this. Nadia pursed her lips, briefly internalizing the woman's words and picking names and information from them that she might need, before nodding and stepping closer.

"It may not seem like it, but I'm actually trying to help. And I...might be able to help their family too, legally and fairly. I'm not in a gang, though the person I'm looking for might be on their bad side. Please, if you know anything about the people who broke into the shop...a name, or a location, anything would help. If not, then I won't bother you any further." She smiled sadly. "I'm sorry that I caused you so much distress."

> Press for more information
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 am

The woman paled as Nadia took a step closer. She was shaken and uneasy, glancing nervously over her shoulder in some faint hope to be free from this entire mess but would find none. She would be accosted by this young punk in a festival mask whether she liked it or not.

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Tokyo_18

"I-I don't buy that for one rotten second! They've had enough heartache as it is without getting involved in... i-in some kind of barbaric turf war, you keep away from them...! Honestly, robbing honest people, sending them to the hospital, it's small wonder the mob is after your friend. The Reisi Tea House was off-limits all day today for those goons, no doubt for them to talk on how to deal with trash like that. They might be scum but at least they're scum with respect for their own community!"

The woman's outrage was rising above harsh whispers, long sick of dealing with criminals like this. The pair were beginning to get some looks.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:10 am

Nadia was hurt by the woman's scorn. She was wrong, but she didn't have the wrong idea. The playhouse was something like a gang, and the fact that they were getting involved with this at all was reason to be concerned. But that didn't change the fact that someone's life was on the line. So...the Yakuza was holed up in a place called the Reisi Tea House. A meeting big enough to stop all other business from the restaurant. Nadia couldn't pretend to know what that might be about. And honestly, this was all so far over her head she wasn't sure what to do about any of it.

The real victims here seemed to be the family that had lost their business and who had been hurt. Nadia decided she would do something to help them. She didn't know what yet, she'd have to talk to the rest of the playhouse, but she had to do something. For now though, as she looked around, she saw that their heated conversation had garnered some attention. Nadia didn't spend much time in this district, and she was wearing a mask, but this other woman might be seen by the wrong people, and Nadia couldn't have that. Nadia bowed at the waist, deep and respectful, and offered a nod as she came back up. "Thank you for your assistance, ma'am. I won't trouble you any further. Please take care on your way home." and watch the shadows she wanted to say, but that would definitely sound like a threat coming from her, so she abstained. Instead, she simply turned on her heel and moved back into the nearest alley way, looking for a safe and quiet place to call Cecil and arrange a meeting with her other friends in the playhouse, to see what the others had found out.

> End Investigation
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 am

"Hmmph! Good riddance!" That was all the response Nadia received before turning tail and leaving the woman alone to fume. And none too soon as it would seem. Not long after she was completely out of sight would the woman she was speaking to be met with her chatty friend once again... with an officer of the law in tow.

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Pig_pn10

"Excuse me miss, can you tell me what's going on here? I've gotten a report of a disturbing individual in a mask making threats and associating themselves with the local crime element. I'll need you to point me where they went and give me any details you have regarding your encounter."

Consequences:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)   R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon) Empty

Back to top Go down

R is for Ronin (Case File 37 - Afternoon)
Page 1 of 1