Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) Empty
PostSubject: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySun May 13, 2018 11:25 am

Tomomi never tended to use the school library. Too many people, even if there was the rule about being quiet. Besides, he always felt like he stood out too much. In actuality, he probably did, although if such was the case, it would be his own fault from looking around as if he were expecting a ghost to jump out at him. But, for once, he couldn’t exactly avoid the situation. There were questions in his English classes that he was struggling with due to it not being his native language, and thus being less than optimal when it came to the format of writing it correctly. Of course, it wasn’t like there was a book on reading – at least not one that wouldn’t likely be geared for children. So, to the library it was, not for a book, but for someone that looked like they knew what the hell the English language was, at least in written form.

That being said, he wasn’t exactly sure what to do to go about getting someone’s attention. Surely if he just got someone by dragging them away from their book, he himself would find himself in trouble, and grow more unpopular than he was comfortable being. Not to mention any attention grabbing actions in a library would most definitely draw more attention than he could cope with. Indeed, in front of the anxious boy was a conundrum. So the way he saw it, he had a couple of options.

 >Run with haste
 >Stand awkwardly like an idiot

Of course, like any reasonable person, that is exactly what Tomomi did – stand awkwardly like an idiot, keeping himself hunched over and standing near the door, just looking around, hoping to at the very least spot someone that looked mildly approachable, and not attract too much attention to his attention attracting self.
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 8:58 am

The school library, the only heavenly place in school for someone like Kevin who likes to read a lot. Though, he pretty much have read almost all of the books in the library. He can't stop visiting here in his free time because it is pretty peaceful. The only place for silence in school, it is better than hearing your classmate's random rants about their teachers and talk about their crushes everyday. It's an earsore for him and it annoys him a lot. Why can't modern children be a little bit more intellectual? A question that he always ask himself.

On his way to the library, something else got his attention. As he entered the door, a strange person standing in the middle of the library is obliviously blocking the way. Oops, social anxiety kicked in. Kevin wants to enter the library but in order to do that, he must approach Tomomi. However, his social anxiety is pushing him to have two options: Talk to this stranger or just leave the library. Anyways, he has been social these past few days and he thinks he's doing well. Why not give it a try? So, he tried to approach Tomomi.

Kevin would slowly approach this teenager and tap him on the shoulder. "Umm.... excuse me, can you at least move to the side? So, everyone can enter the library." He politely asked Tomomi, there's no need to be a jerk about it. Unlike, other people who would go aggressive just because you were blocking the way. Strangers can be a big ass sometimes and Kevin hates it. Those kind of people should be burned alive.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:09 am

The tap on the shoulder certainly came as a surprise, and Tomomi practically jumped out of his skin, nearly falling over as he span on his heel to turn and face whoever it was that had tapped his shoulder. Stumbling a bit as he did, he began to rub at the back of his head upon being startled, as if trying to simultaneously calm himself down and reduce how much damage to his self esteem being surprised would have done. Before him however, was someone that seemed a bit upset with him, at least with his wording. Blocking the way?

At the question, he took a quick look around, as if suddenly realising where he was, before nodding quickly and stepping to the side, practically hugging the wall with how close he moved to it, and just generally being quite a discordant sight to behold with how much he fumbled about cluelessly. “Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to… I was actually um… Looking for someone… I, um, before you get on with whatever you came here for, I don’t suppose you know… Oh geez… Um, know anyone that might be good at the written American language? I’ve gotten the hang of speaking it, but some parts about grammar still… How’s the saying go… Stump me? Given that I’ve been here a few years, it’s a bit embarrassing, although that isn’t really an excuse for standing in the way…

Upon realising how long he’d been talking, he let out a somewhat startled noise and stood up straight, shaking his head. “Ah, apologies! I should quiet down and keep out of the way for people in the library right?

Yikes, he couldn’t be taken anywhere could he?
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 11:12 am

Woah, somebody's jumpy today. Now that Kevin sees Tomomi's face. He looked quite foreign. Not the face you would usually see in Endymion. It's an english city after all. That should explain why his statement was jacked-up and a little bit unclear. But due to Kevin's skill in the english language, he managed to understand what he was trying to say. He seems to be asking for someone who is good at english. Maybe he wants to learn? "Oh... Umm..." Kevin scratched his head. He does write his articles but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's good with English. But, he doesn't know anyone else who could be professional at the language except for...

"Hmm... Have you tried asking an English teacher about this? After all, it's their job to teach. As for me, I write poems and articles but, I can't say I am good at English. or if you can read, you might pick some grammar books here, dictionaries and a bunch more about English stuffs then I can explain it to you. But, I think it's more trustworthy if a professional would tutor you." He stated his advice, whether he chooses to let Kevin teach him or not. The offer stays on the table if he didn't have luck with the teachers. "And, conversations in the library is not forbidden but, minimized." He added.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyMon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

An English teacher huh?

The thought entered his mind, although he can’t say he’d desired to try that. The teachers had a tendency to treat any failure as complete incompetence, and that was something he was not quite fond of being associated with. His parents always liked him being on the top of the class leader boards, and even if that wasn’t a thing, even if they weren’t around, it was a habit and mind set ingrained in him. Still, if this person was fond of teachers, then perhaps mentioning that wouldn’t be the best idea.

Instead, he rubbed at the back of his head, nodding slightly. “I have my reasons for it, but, I can’t really… Ask my teacher about it. It’s not like I have trouble speaking the language, I’ve been living here long enough to know… It’s more… Grammar, spelling, and other… Written things. As for learning through books, well… That requires the ability to understand what’s in the book… I think…

The offer to teach him was certainly a surprise, one he can’t particularly say he was averse to. He fumbled in his pockets, sighing, before speaking up. “Ah, I’d love to take you up on that offer, but, I’m afraid I don’t actually have any money on me, so… Sorry, I’ll go look for books and try to figure it out I suppose, since I couldn’t ask for you to aid without offering… What’s the word… Recompense? That’s it I think… Sorry for being in the way… Um, mind giving me directions to the right book section?
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 1:44 am

Ah writing, it is something that Kevin can call his expertise. He doesn't boast much about it but, he's pretty confident when it comes to the topic. "I see, you want to learn how to write better in English, huh?" If he doesn't want to ask a teacher, then Kevin could teach him. After all, it is only normal for students to help each other, no? "Wait? what? No, you don't have to worry about the money. I can help you, free of charge." Plus, he's not some kind of professional tutor to need some kind of pay.

"Oh, the section where the English books are right here, follow me." Kevin said as he proceeded further into the library. He was a big patron here, so he knows what's in the every lefts and the rights of the library. "So, umm... Basing on how you look like, do you live somewhere in the Orients? You know like Japan and Korea." He tried to start a conversation along the way.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyWed May 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Ah, thank you.” Out of habit, the boy bowed his head slightly at the other person, and as he began to guide Tomomi towards the right books. The question he posed certainly got his attention though. “Where I live...?"

After a moments pause, Tomomi thought on whether he wanted to answer or not. After all, in a way, he’d been here long enough that he considered himself a resident. Would answering about where he was from cement him as an outsider?

Whatever, if he regretted answering, he’d regret answering. No reason not to just get it over with. “Yes. I am originally from Tokyo, Japan, although since that big event I’ve been living in Little Tokyo here. So, if you were to ask if I live over there as you asked, I would say no. I am from there though. What about you, mister… Um, actually, before I ask that, may I ask your name? My own is Tomomi Jōmyaku.” At the self introduction, he offered a slim smile. Whether the other boy was facing him or not, the gesture was made.
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:45 am

"I see..." Kevin said, scratching his chin. He knows the big event, he doesn't pretty much talk about it. Well, that should explain why he is stuck in this city. "Tom-omi Jomya-what?" Kevin twisted his tongue in the end. As a non-oriental resident, he finds it hard to pronounce oriental language. "Anyways, my name is Kevin Wright. Nice to meet you, Tom-omi." Kevin introduced himself, extending his hand offering a handshake. Introductions should be formal, no?

Whether Tomomi would accept the handshake or not, Kevin would stop on his tracks after awhile. They've arrived on the section where the English books are found. Kevin doesn't know where to start unfortunately unless, he knows how much Tomomi knows about writing. "Okaayyy... Before we start, I want you to write something like an experience or anything. Just express yourself, don't worry about errors or how long it is. I just want to know how much you already know about writing."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyThu May 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Kev… Inn… Right, understood.” With that, the boy nodded and smiled, accepting the handshake with a light grip but an emphasised gesture, as if not used to the act. Still, he indulged it, before listening to Kevin’s suggestion and request for Tomomi to write something. Tomomi nodded, taking a pen and holding it in his left hand, before looking for a piece of paper. Upon acquiring such, he set it out on a nearby table, and with a gentle sigh, began to write.

Tuesday picked rubbish. Was festival on at that night. Mostly broken bottles and party streams. Got paid and went home. Was stressful but at least gave pay. Did the maths corse work then bed. Expected moderate to good grades for it. Got above average.

Rubbing the back of his neck as he put the pen down, Tomomi stepped aside. The act of writing western alphabet was different to kanji that he was taught growing up, so he expected errors. Having someone watch his writing only made it more awkward for him.
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:08 am

"Hmm..." Kevin read the paper silently. The sentence is always missing a subject and the thought is a little bit jumbled. At least, Tomomi already knows how to connect each words. All in all, it needs improvement but it's not bad. "Okay... To start, your sentences always doesn't have a subject. I mean Tuesday picked rubbish sounds like someone named Tuesday picked a rubbish unless that's what you really mean. That also applies to the rest, who was on the festival that night? who got paid and went home? who did the math? who expected good grades? and who got above average? I know it would be obvious since you wrote it in front of me. But, any reader wouldn't know who did these actions without the subject." Kevin looked again in the paper.

"and... corse? do you mean course with a u? because corse means corpse." Kevin said. Now, it's his turn. He will try to fix what he wrote. He took a his own pen and paper and started to jot down some words.

Tuesday, I was on a festival that night. I picked up rubbish, mostly broken bottles and party streams. It was stressful but at least, I got paid and went home. I did the math course work then bed. I expected moderate to good grades but, I got average.

He lended the paper to Tomomi. "Now, try to differentiate. See? There's a subject now. You can clearly understand who is doing the action. Never ever forget the subject in the sentence even if it's you."

"Also, you need to try to fix your wording. What do you mean by course work? is that homework? You should get an English Dictionary if you're having difficulties finding the right word."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyFri May 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Tomomi watched and listened in silence as Kevin gave him tips and says what Tomomi did wrong. To him, it seemed fairly… Redundant, as surely someone could assume from logic what the context was? Then again, his parents did say that was a bit of a shift in mind set required… When writing the English language, assume the reader is an idiot. At least, that was always his father’s wording. The comment about his spelling got a bit of a chuckle out of Tomomi though, as he found it quite a small but amusing point. “Ah, my bad. Kanji and this type of writing are different. Even romanji is different in a way…

He sat forward, watching as the other boy began seemingly creating a transcript of the writing. Tomomi just stood quietly, continuing to watch and nod, as if taking the information in. “I see…

On the comment about the wording, Tomomi grew confused, tilting his head. “I had heard of course work as a term a few times. When my parents were in places like that swear happy country England, they would tell me about some students they met. What was it… Oh, yes, they described it as ‘work over a period of time handed in at a set date’. So, I guess home work could be accurate? Although I believe it also can be done outside of home… As for why it would have such a name, I would not know. Ah, but if I still used the incorrect word, I understand. The last I desired was to write about a dead body by… Um… Accident.” With an awkward laugh at his failure, he smiled before rubbing at the back of his neck and nodding. “So, um, say, what got you interested in writing?... Oh, if it’s okay me asking! I understand I am taking up some of your time, so, I apologise…” He asked, continually quieting himself as if reminding himself constantly it was a library.
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySun May 20, 2018 4:23 am

"I see... course work is British English. I'm not really familiar with that type of English. They sound like Old English, you know like knights, queens and kings? Too formal for my tastes" Kevin shared his opinion, if Tomomi would understand or care. "That's nuts." Except for writing a news about murder, who would write about a dead body? How can you even write that by accident? Kevin laughed at thought, he thinks it's Tomomi's humor.

"What got me interested in writing?" Well, it's a really long-long story. But, Kevin's gonna make it short. "Well... I want to be a journalist. You know the people who fills up the pages of the newspaper. But before that, they would explore around for juicy events in order for them to write something. Well as for me, I seek for the truth. That's why I wanted to be one."

"Okay, I guess that's all I can do for now" Teaching Tomomi would need a plan and a kind plan that can't be done on the spot. "I can refer you to an English Teacher if you want, but there's always me. I'm available most of the time but, I can't guarantee that you can learn alot. You know, we're both students after all and we're both still learning. Yeah, I'll be glad to help and I have to borrow a bunch of books, now. Bye" Kevin waved Tomomi goodbye before proceeding to an another section.

~Exit
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptySun May 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Tomomi listened, silently, as Kevin spoke. He watched, taking in his every word. He knew what a journalist was, since there were a few instances where he parents had worked for translating for them. But, one of the words he spoke resonated with Tomomi. Truth? What… What was the truth? Would he ever be able to figure it out? His words escaped him.

He was swiftly shaken out of that silence however, as Kevin announced he would be leaving. “I will probably take you up on that offer some time, thank you Kevin senp-…  Kevin... Thank you for the help, and see you around.

As Tomomi waved goodbye in return, he looked down at the pieces of paper he had, lost in thought. The truth… The truth?

Shoving the pieces of paper in the pocket of his trouser, the boy stood up and began to look for a relevant book in the area that Kevin had pointed out. He then took one such book, and after signing it out, walked off with it to read through. Still, his thoughts got caught on that sole word.

The truth…

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) EmptyTue May 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Through the maze of Life we find ourselves chasing pursuits, leading us further and closer to each other as time crawls ever forward.
The pursuit of Knowledge, as common a pursuit it is, draws many onto its well-worn road.

Kevin Wright of the Justice and Tomomi Jomyaku of the Lovers have established a bond...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)   Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright) Empty

Back to top Go down

Speaking My Language (Kevin Wright)
Page 1 of 1