Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread]   Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Now I know what yer thinkin' there. Grubby, what's all this money fer anyhow? An' normally I'll tell ya yer momma ain't as cheap as she looks but I'd be lyin' through my teeth if I did, so I'll tell ya the real reason. Money's worth somethin' an' worth somethin' to everyone. Now thing about money is it represents work ya done an' how much it's worth. Ya got more valuable stuff folks'll pay a higher price fer it. Yer work's hard to learn're hard to do an' ya get to charge more. Now money ain't everythin', yer talkin' to a goblin here. We learn to get by on scraps an' trash an' I can damn sure get more done with a rusty pocketknife than some greenhorn with a dungeoneerin' backpack an' some magic knick-knacks but fer everythin' else ya gotta have money, that's the way the world works. Wanna sleep somewhere's? Well ya can sleep on the ground out in the cold're ya can pony up some gold an' stay in a safe tavern. Wanna have a refreshin' drink at the end'a the day? Well if ya can't grow yer own hops an' let's be straight her only a couple'a jagoffs got the time an' the land fer that yer either stealin' it're payin' fer it. Now some people'll tell ya that money's everythin'. Some people're also pretty gatdamn stupid. Gold'll getcha far on the promise that it's gold but it can't ever getcha all the way now, that's what ya need skill fer. Or smarts. Or just some good ol' fasioned daggum grit I tells ya. A man with all the gold'n the world can't ever beat a man with all the skills're smarts in the world, he's just eatin' a bit better'n not sleepin' in piles'a hay on the side'a the road.

Now why the fuggam I talkin' 'bout this now? S'cuz things ain't how it used to be back in the day. Ya ain't gotta work a lick fer yer bread no more if'n yer smart about it. Just gotta be luckier're got a good idea. Now some people take to connin', some folks'll play the market, but they ain't workin' fer it they let the money work fer them. Now that's real smart there. So today I'm gonna let the money work fer me an' I gots a good idea, a real classic there. I know me a wizard, gonna turn lead into gold. Went ahead an' asked Hilderbrandt if'n he could do me this 'lil favor in between tryin'a get us the hells home. That man needs a damn break I tell ya what, 'lil side project'll do'im a world a good. So we's down in what's left a the guild hall there, home away from fuggen home as close as we can get it. Hilderbrandt's got the place covered'n fuggen candles'n books, ya got Alabastor with his holy symbols'n shit 'round the bar, El'Sino'or got her own room which I'm thankful fer cuz it's less time talkin' to her whiny ass an' I got a 'lil corner carved out with stackable boxes. Got my scoutin' station all set up, got some takeaways, bug-out pack, sleepin' mats, tools you fuggen name it if it's useful it's within' two steps. Walk in the door there with a heavy bag over mah shoulder, pouches filled to the fuggen brim with metal.

"Aright there, got me as much lead as I can find in this here shithole without takin' the pipin' apart. 'Least most'a it anyways," I says, dumpin' all the findin's I got all over the table.
"Hmmm... yes, yes very good Grubby," he tells me, strokin' his beard. The hell is it with wizards'n beards? Think with all that readin' they do shavin' just ain't come to'em. He inspects the metal fer a bit just like I did to make sure it's lead but we both know it is. Hilderbrandt's got his way with the color'n the sound, I just bite it. Lead's got a certain amount'a give to it, softer'n steel're copper is. Ya bite hard enough it's got a certain amount'a give to it.
"Vaguely impure though I can understand how difficult it must be to acquire pure lead in such a ramshackle domain as this one. No matter. I suppose we'll just have to separate the chaff from the wheat, so to speak."
"Long as it ain't causin' ya too much trouble there, Hilderbrandt. 'Preciate the favor like this, I ain't wanna put ya off from doin' yer work no more than ya gotta."
"Quite alright friend. I must admit it's slightly cathartic to engage in such work I'm familiar with over the endless, ceaseless equations of star charts and omniversal quadratic formulae. And you say Junction has... 'jumped'?"
"That's what they's been talkin' 'bout there. That's what the boomin' was ya heard a few days back. See, figurin' we ain't on the Plane'a Shadow like I thought-"
"Yes, as I've discovered."
"Well if yer so fuggen smarter'n me I ain't gonna tell ya the rest, now clamp yer jaw shut an' listen to an old man. Well, ya figured it but this place ain't exist in just one spot, keeps on dimensional portin' around every so often."
"Much as the lost Ruins of the Moon Goddess as I understand."
"Yeah like them Moon Ruins, only this place goes everywhere it can go an' not just 'tween two planes."
"And this 'jumping' you speak of?"
"We up and went somewhere's else. S'why ya heard the boomin', ya got buildin's merged in other buildin's there, happens everytime it do it. S'why this place looks like Azmodeus's fuggen toybox."
"Pheh, what a sloppy method. Even magic has a failsafe for that sort of thing. At least proper magic. I hypothesize this a crude device or natural phenom. Moreover I conclude that my work for the past few weeks has all been for naught."
"Ya sure seem to be takin' it well there ol' geezer."
"Oh Heavens no, I'm absolutely livid. I just need time to process it. I had an inkling when I noticed the star charts were suddenly wrong once more, t'would explain it. At the minimum this alchemy is quite relaxing yet alas, I'm already finished."

I look down at the table there an' he ain't fuggen lyin' a damn bit. Couple'a different piles a metal, some bigger'n others but in the center'a the runes he drew there I saw...
"This is it? Outta all that lead, a good damn 30 pounds'a the shit this is all the gold that come from it?" I pinch the nugget 'tween my fingers there. Damn thing's so fuggen small I could fit it up my nose if'n I wanted.
"Equivalent exchange my dear Grubby. Gold is inherently magical, lead is... not. I have condensed the mana from the lead into a tighter form whilst simultaneously shaping a container to store it, hence why you see gold. That gold in your fingers is worth just as much as all the lead you've brought me. In intrinisc value, that is."
"Well ain't that a kick in the fuggen pants there." I take the gold an' pocket it. Least it's worth fuggen somethin' to somebody. "Thank ya kindly there Hilderbrandt, s'posin' I should be hittin' the trail here. Gonna have to get this gold to market fer somethin' we can use. You'll catch wind'a me here 'fore too long, might be a few days. Gotta keep eyes on the shop I got fer a time." An' with that I hobbled my wrinkly green ass out the door. Beggar's can't be choosers now, ain't stickin' my hand in a sleepin' gnoll's mouth. Gonna pawn me some gold I tell ya.

~~Final Word Count: 1,291 Words~~

Boon:
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread]   Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread] EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 am

"Oh, I see up until this point you misunderstood Junction's jumps... Well I could have told you all this."

You have earned 3000 VC

+10% for being very well written!

+10% for an interesting work experience!

Total, 3600VCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccc

Tzt....

Total, 3700VC

This total has been deposited into your citizen account.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down

Alchemy Fer Idjits [Grubby's Work Thread]
Page 1 of 1