Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Running Around [Lloyd]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Running Around [Lloyd] Empty
PostSubject: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 am

Running Around [Lloyd] DgkUPU2

It was one of those chaotic days where nothing went quite as it was planned out. The Chimera man wore a somewhat annoyed expression on his face as he squinted at the displayed tram times for a while before resigning himself to pacing about the nearby area, having nothing better to do but to wait.

He appeared to be dressed rather fancily, indicating that he was, or had been doing some important business of sorts. It didn't seem to be going all too well from the looks of it though, thanks to tram times decided to raise a proverbial finger. Don't you hate when mishaps happen without having ever been invited?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Running Around [Lloyd] Tumblr_p4h8j4L6zM1smaam3o1_400

Going anywhere using the tram system was a rarity for Lloyd. He usually prefered to go anywhere by foot if at all possible, as it was the healthier option, and he just liked to walk, stroll about without much to care about. Wearing a bright set of red headphones over his ears, Lloyd walked down towards the Wire at a rather casual pace. He was in no real hurry after all. Where he was going, there was no real time limit. But walking all the way to the Mega Mall seemed excessive. Besides, his phone battery would only last for so long. As to what he was listening to... Well, he was hooked up to a paticular station called ”The Ring”, which was this sports-radio thing, where they touched upon a wide range of topics, but their main niche was Boxing, as the name implied. While boxing wasn't really a thing back on his homeworld, he understood the appeal of making it into a competiton. Watching two people just duke it out in front of a large crowd without having to fear death was pretty cool, actually. A great way to get rid of pent up stress and aggression... at least, that's what he had been told. Lloyd had never actually tried the sport out... Yet.

Which was exactly why he was heading to the mall. Being somewhat curious about this whole boxing thing, Lloyd had been doing some loose research regarding the subject. He had found a club close to his neighbourhood, and so today was going to be spent getting all the gear needed to partake. It seemed like a good passtime, for sure. And Crow had kind of nudged him in that direction. Had it not been for their conversation yesterday, he wouldn't be out and about right now. Speaking of which... he'd recognize those horns anywhere... "'Sup, Crow?" Lloyd casually waved in the Chimera's direction, taking off his headphones and hung them around his neck.  "Nice to see you around here. You got buissness somewhere?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Crow would pause nearly mid-step as he registered someone calling his name all of a sudden. He had been busy mentally complaining to himself about things, so he hadn't been paying much attention to his surroundings there. Settling himself with his hands on his hips, the Chimera man would fix a casual smile onto his face. "Yo. I'd say it's been a while, but sadly can't." They did meet fairly recently after all. "And I had. Now I'm just running some errands afterwards. Or trying to, in spite of the tram times trolling me today. I knew I should have just walked. Meh.", he'd shrug light-heartedly. "You heading somewhere too?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

"Haha, yeah. It's kinda funny." Lloyd replied with a somewhat goofy grin on his face, happy to see the young Crow again. A funny coincidence for sure, given how big Junction really was. "Ah, I see. Well, I was just on my way to pick up some boxing gear at the mall myself. Our little talk yesterday got me thinking. The whole sport thing. So I did some research, for once, and found this radio station where they talk about this "boxing" thing. So... that kind of pushed me to go get the gear necessary. Wanna come with? If your errands are taking you to the Mall, that is." Lloyd replied with gusto, very proud of having found this new thing to try out. "Yeah, no kidding. The tram times here can be quite inconvenient if you're looking to go someplace specific. I don't really mind walking, but it would take me forever to get to the place I'm heading to on foot, so the Tram really is the most efficient way there. Besides, I'm on a little bit of a time crunch. The shop I'm heading to is closing early today."

"Speaking of which... where are you going anyway?" Lloyd asked curiously. There were plenty of places which a man like Crow could be going, given what his job was, and the quality of life he lead overall.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

"You have a thing for punching people? Well, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised." Crow would kinda shrug one shoulder, mildly amused by that. To be fair, he didn't know a whole lot about boxing, outside of the fact that it involved lotsa punches. Radios were distracting as well, so he did not listen to them either. Most of the time, at least. "Right. Well, had I decided to stop waiting earlier, I probably could have gotten places faster by foot. It's probably not worth my energy though. I'm not on a time limit, as much as I would like to not spend a whole day on getting shit done.", he would shake his head with a sigh.

"Luckily for you, I'm heading to the mall as well. Gotta grab some supplies while I'm at it, so I don't have to make extra trips later. Got no time to be lollygagging around too much." Besides, the more trips, the less free time, and he really wasn't a fan of just sitting on work day in and day out. It just makes life be more of a bitch than it already was.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm

"Nawww you don't say?" Lloyd replied, chuckling lightly at Crow's somewhat snarky remark. Yes. He liked punching things. When it came down to it, nowadays Lloyd was a simple man enjoying simple things. Like the adrenaline rush of fighting, or any sort of physical activity that was considered to be risky at best. But cheating death over and over again was just not sustainable. Even Lloyd knew that one day Death would win that game. Hopefully that day wouldn't come too soon. "Yeah, I getcha. Walking can be a bit of a pain, especially knowing that a tram would get you there faster, even if you have to wait for 20+ minutes..." Not like they had horses around these parts like back on Aurendal. Not that Lloyd rode them much, but the accessability was quite convenient, and riding on horseback was quite fun in its own rite.

"Oh? Sweet, dude!" It was almost as if fate willed this. "Supplies? For the club, eh?" Lloyd asked, mildly curious as he crossed his arms while leaning against one of the supporting columns in a relaxed manner. "Anything in paticular you're getting?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 4:23 pm

"Did you expect anything else?" He didn't really have a better response if he tried. Unless he were to ask about boxing, but he wasn't very interested in that. Talking's great alright, but not when you've gotta listen to droning that doesn't mean a whole lot to you at all. No need to get into a long discussion about things that weren't necessarily that important. Actually, he'd bet it was going to be brought up again anyway, were he to accompany the guy to that shop of his. "Eh, if it's over 20 minutes, I could honestly run over there faster than the wait and the ride itself combined. Don't particularly feel like it today though, and I've already wasted some time waiting as is." Racing with trams wasn't even his job. Hell, that wouldn't even pass as a job description for anything, really.

He'd wave a hand briefly. "Sweets rot your teeth, you know?" Well, he was still in a slightly grumpy mood due to the pointless waiting, thus sarcastic remarks were more attractive at the moment. "Yes. Bottles, for the most part. I should also try to find a new sanity, but they don't really sell that. It's such a shame." Wouldn't it be great if non-material concepts like that could be purchased?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 5:05 pm

"Haha, not really no." Lloyd replied, glad that Crow didn't choose to dig deeper into this rabbit-hole. No need to drill a hole through his skull with boxing drivel, after all. He knew just how boring it could get when one was forced to listen to someone drone on and on about a subject they were too dense to see the others disinterest in. Crow didn't exactly strike Lloyd as a fighter, or... at least, not one who sought out one on his own accord. Maybe if push came to shove, the guy could put up a decent fight, but he certainly didn't seem like a warrior-type.

"You're a good runner?" Lloyd asked, just to keep the casual banter going while the two waited for the tram to finally arrive. One would think that with all this technology at their disposal, Junction officials would've found a more efficient mode of transport, but evidently that wasn't the case. Either that, or the tram system was so imbedded into the infrastructure that replacing it would take up so much time and resources, it just wasn't worth upgrading.

A light, yet joking groan escaped Lloyds lips when the pun left Crows lips. "...That was an awful pun, dude." At least the two were getting along. Here's hoping these awful puns wouldn't last. "Bottles? Ah, yeah. I guess those get used pretty frequently at a club. As far as the whole sanity thing goes, we could all use a break from the madness of working."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Crow would offer an amused guffaw. "You could put it that way. Don't try challenging me to a running race if you value your dignity." Or well, he wasn't stopping anyone. It wasn't that fun when you didn't even have to try super hard to beat people though. Most people, at least. He had no idea, but there could always be some extra speedy species around. It's nigh impossible to keep track of what all resides in this mix of existence anyway.

"Hey, it's true, isn't it?" Too many sweets would sure not make your teeth swoon in happiness. It'd be pretty bad to let it get that far though. He'd adjust the cuffs of his jacket absentmindedly. "A lot of things are used at clubs, trust me. I'm sure you'd know anyway." Even things that didn't quite need to be present at times, but that was a whole new story. "Working's not that bad if you do something interesting, though life ain't always generous with options." You take what you can get a lot of the time after all.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 pm

"That fast, huh?" Lloyd asked, crossing his arms, seemingly impressed. "Well, I guess it's to be expected. With how many species there are wandering Junction, abnormal feats for my kin are quite common here." Yeah, no kidding. One didn't have to look very far for that. Flight was perhaps the most common sight nowadays. Sure, he was a damn good fighter, but the supernatural feats he had seen here were quite interesting to him. Like flying, or firebreathing, to name a few. One of the perks about living here were all the interesting people walking around. "Extraordinary human strength aside, I'm not really all that interesting myself. I couldn't race a train like you could." It was quite humbling, even now after living here for five years, realizing how much he had yet to grow... if he even could grow anymore. But instead of feeling dejected, Lloyd instead turned it into a desire to grow stronger. So that one day, he could walk among the other supernaturals here, and feel like he could compete. Something which his competitive attitude certainly wanted.

"Haha, yeah. I guess it's true." Lloyd replied awkwardly, not really sure how else to respond. He wasn't wrong, but... the context was completely out of whack. "Yeah. Not just bottles and stuff, but the actual drinks, refills, ice and garnish and whatever other ingredients you'd need for drink mixing to start with... and the list just grows from there. There's way more to the club manager job than people perhaps may realize." Then again, the same could be said about any profession, really. "Well, do something for long and frequently enough, even the most fun tasks can become tedious." Lloyd looked at the clock. "Geez... still 7 minutes left? What's taking them so long?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Giving the other a brief measured look, Crow would then proceed to laugh under his breath shortly. “You’re sure running off with the subject though. I don’t recall actually telling you just how fast I am. Can you be sure it’s abnormal just because I show confidence in my ability to outrun someone?” It was an implication yes, but he found it kind of amusing that the guy started linking it to special abilities and different species right off the bat like that. Nevertheless, he would half-shrug. “Can’t say I’d want to race a train though. Not side by side, at least. That’s a little too ambitious.” Most vehicles had a pretty high cap in terms of speed, and while he could go and find a shortcut maybe, an actual race with machines? Nah, he wasn’t that reckless. “I’m not the one to fight extensively however. You can keep your punching instead. I can appreciate the thrill of some pain, but that’s where it ends for me.” He wasn’t built to give deadly blows or whatnot with his own strength. While he wouldn’t run from some roughhousing, you weren’t about to see him rush into a dangerous match with just his fists.

He’d raise an eyebrow with a huff. “Technically? You can’t say it’s a manager’s job to be the one to take care of everything though. I ain’t no bartender, and it’s not like one person is capable of providing for every little thing. That’s what employees are for.” Hell, he’d off himself if he had to be personally in charge of all the stuff. That was just impossible to manage. “Perhaps. Life doesn’t always offer options left and right though.” Yeah, a lot of things felt like they overstayed their welcome. Too bad it wasn’t possible to just switch all the time effortlessly. “Time seems longer when you’re waiting for something to happen?” Seven minutes wasn’t ‘that’ long.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 am

"Considering you just said you could get places faster on foot than a tram, yeah, I'd say that's pretty abnormal for a normal human where I come from. Sure, we have horses, but... in a foot-race, that's kind of cheating, isn't it?" And for someone to be able to compete on foot with that speed was quite impressive, even if you didn't outpace it side-by-side. "Mind, I'm not holding it against you or anything. That feat is quite impressive. As far as the standards I go by. I have no idea what's considered to be the norm where you or others come from." Lloyd chuckled lightly. "And there's really no point to it either, bragging rights aside." And Crow didn't strike him as a bragging type.

"And it is a wise mentality. Pick your battles, as they say." Even Lloyd followed that motto, to an extent. He usually never picked a fight he didn't have a chance of winning. There was a keen difference between being brave and being foolish. "Knowing ones limits is key for the survival of a warrior. That of course doesn't mean those limits can't be broken. Which is what I'm aiming for. I want to improve, become stronger. Reaching the top isn't necessarily my big end goal though. I just enjoy the feeling of growth, y'know? Like, where's the fun in being on the top? There are no more barriers to break. It leaves your strength with little purpose in the end." And on Aurendal, there was always a bigger fish in the sea. A stronger demon than the last one you beat. And that was the source behind Lloyd's motivations.

"Of course not. Being a manager involves mostly everything the customers can't really see." Lloyd replied with a nod. "And doing everything one-man-band style wears on you fast." You try to do everything, but as a result, you end up doing nothing at all. "Yeah. In fact, I'd say it's quite rare that your options really are that limited and simple as choosing between going left or right." And what a boring world that would be... a world where the only options came in pairs. Yes or no. Right or left. Up or down. "I guess I'm just getting a little impatient, haha."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Around [Lloyd]   Running Around [Lloyd] Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Around [Lloyd]
Page 1 of 1