Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lost

Lost

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Wow, he was uh... Really clueless, huh? Like... What, was he just not born under normal circumstances at all? Well, wait, then how'd he, like, even get this old. Now Cass was getting confused and it was starting to hurt his head! Agh, maybe explain less and just focus on getting to the cafe for what he really wanted to look at... Eh heh, that was kinda selfish but, uh, so was this guy not understanding anything! Kinda...?

"Oh boy... Eh... Because... Uh... Like, if your clothes get dirty and stinky you have to wash them lest they become unwearable later. And if you only have one set of clothes when you have to wash that one set of clothes, you'd be naked. And being naked is bad. Why is it bad? Because rules say so. Why do rules say so? Because rules are there to keep us safe. Why are they there to keep us safe? Because rules say so. Got it? Hah! I bet that answered all of your questions! I'm, like, a genius!" he'd say with a happy smile and expression across his face. Wait, wasn't he supposed to not explain things? Well, if he just put them in a loop like that the logic of someone as seemingly simple minded as Kayle, it'd probs be flawless.

"Yeah, uh... Expression? Like how you represent yourself?" he'd say with a somewhat bewildered look on his face. Wait, screw this. "Aaaah, never mind. Just forget I said that!" like, save the headache, jeez....

"Well, no silly. Like, yeah you need food to eat, but don't you have a food you like more than the others? Like, ya know, I like grape soda more than rice and beans! So, do you have a fave food? Like, everyone has to like a food more than the others they eat." he'd say with a smile, though this was really starting to hurt his head. He'd rather die than explain everything a normally functioning person should know! Especially when most of this stuff was hard to understand in the first place! Jeez, go to school! Or, like, read internet articles about squids! Wait... No, not squids, kids! Yeah, wait... Uh... Hmmm...

"Oh, hey! We're here! C'mon I'll go order us some drinks, just choose a table to sit at!" Cass would say as he walked inside of the cafe and up to the ordering station. It was rather futuristic, not at all like a normal cafe. Machines did everything, and everything had this cool, slick design to it! Really neat!
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Surprisingly (or not), Dale hadn't been formally introduced to the idea of washing things, at least under that name. It just wasn't something you needed to know while there was little to get you dirty, and you didn't have to deal with body odour or most other issues associated with hygiene. As it was, as much as a desire for cleanliness had been ingrained into him, he didn't exactly see why he couldn't wear clothes that were filthy or stank. It was, yes, better than being naked.
And then there was the 'rules' thing...he didn't know what they were, but..."Things don't keep you safe because they say so." The words were spoken with a wary and...slightly pained tone?

A question about what the word 'represent' means is cut off. Looked like they were both leaving that for now.

He 'had' to have a food he liked more than others...? Why? That...that didn't make sense. What's the point in that?
He took a moment to think about it anyway. If he had to pick something..."Bread? Easier to find, and I need less of that before I can manage without food for a while."
Cassiel probably would have been appalled by any of the bread he actually got to eat.

As they walk in and Cass directs him to grab a table, he takes a rapid scan of the area and grabs a free table by a window.
One of the people just stepping away from the ordering station scowls in Dale's direction as he takes their intended table, before going off to find somewhere else to sit.
As he waits, Dale looks nervously around the area, getting a read on the layout of the location he was in. After some wriggling in his clothes, the head of a small, robotic dog pops out from the back of his collar, looking out the other way.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 am

Oh jeez... Was he one of those edgey lords? Gosh darn, he just couldn't catch a break with this guy! And he thought his logic was totally flawless for someone as simple minded as this guy! Aw, what a shame... Oh well! Maybe it was better that he at least knew how to question such loops of logic!

"Well uh! E-Eh heh... Uh... Maybe you're right there... But, uh, they protect us in most ways, so don't think too much about them." he'd say, doing his best to not really open up any more wounds. What a strange guy...

Regardless, after bringing back two cups of grape soda! YUP THE BEST SODA EVER! Ahem, after bringing back the greatest beverage even conceived by man kind, no! Nay! THE BEST BEVERAGE MADE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! NO NAY FURTHER! THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE! This went on for a while... Uh, something something beverages brought to the table... after that! He'd sit down across from Kayle, a pleasant smile on his face. At least he could share the BEST THI- gdi...

"Well, we're here now! Ready for the fortune reading?" he'd say with a happy smile, sipping the soda with a... Well, very pleased look on his face. He loved his grape soda. Why? Uh... Reasons...
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm

"Okay...?" He wasn't going to exactly trust what he'd just been told...but he'd find out what it was he was on about.
Later.
From someone else.

Dale looks at the drink before him, and back to Cassiel, noting just how much he seemed to be enjoying his own cup of the liquid. Slowly, he picks up the cup and brings it to his lips, taking a mouthful of the grape soda and swallowing it down. It tasted decent enough, more of a taste to it than just water, but even as he rapidly began to metabolise it he didn't understand quite why the person across from him was so happy because of...
...there was way more energy in this stuff than he knew should be in a liquid. At least, in his experience.
Why...? Just...how was...?
He had to look into this more.
He downed the rest, at a speed that would have probably caused an actual human an intense level of agony, before placing the cup down and putting his hands on the table. "You...need my hands, right? I don't know how it works, but...I think I'm ready?"
Worming his way around his collar was Chip, the little dog making a great effort to get up from out of his shirt. Eventually, he found his way out and onto Dale's shoulder, the pup's visual display looking between Dale's hands and Cassiel as he sprawled out on Dale's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 FOctTEj

"Okay... Let's begin then. Um... Hand in hand, keep your eyes closed. My fortunes get messed up if you don't focus on what could be. Now, ready? Keep your eyes closed and don't let go of my hands."

And thus the fortune telling began. Cassiel's eyes would glow a bright white, black dancing across it every now and again. His veins would flash white, then an inky black. To see both fortune and doom, it danced around him like a waltz, but someone seemed to avoid it.

A single soul stood among the complexities of fate. A lone figure, with no future or past. Someone born not of fate, but of something else. This figure was now holding Cassiel's hands. It was an odd sensation. There was no white, no black, no fortune, no doom... But yet he still existed in fater. All around him, he saw the fates of others, and there he was in it. Doing good, doing bad... It was odd. He himself had no fate, but yet those around him had a fate with him. What exactly did that mean...? What exactly was he?

He'd hum gently, a whisper of a voice escaping him. "What an odd creature you are... Tell me, if it is not too intrusive, what being are you? From what world do you hail from?" Cassiel would say calmly, slowly ending the fortune reading. He couldn't exactly read his fortune, not with so little people around him that is. Perhaps if they were in a crowd...? Hm...
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 3:34 pm

He didn't see why he had to do it, and frankly he really did not exactly feel comfortable doing so, but in the end, Dale closed his eyes. They were around people...and while before that would spell his doom, here it meant there was at least some level of safety.
Plus, he had this guy's hands. If he really needed to, he could swing this guy about like an average piece of wood. It wouldn't be hard.

Focusing on what could be, while a strange thing, was something he at least had something of an idea of. He had to think about what could happen in the future, the things that might happen tomorrow or a month from now.
...that, was even more unnerving. As hard as he tried, bleak visions of the future were all that came. Men in white coats that ordered about people in uniforms carrying guns like his, dragging him away through a swirling form where all he was would end - his mind disappearing first, and then the rest vanishing away with the rest of the world. Visions of being eaten, bite by bite, by a monstrous form with a void for a gullet and eyes that promised only a pain it would take much pleasure in.
Chip, taken whilst he slept, leaving him to wander alone without him wondering where he was as all the things the dog kept away returned to ruin him.
Of all the fates that could befall him, the last seemed by far the worst of any.

His hands came away from Cassiel's as he felt them being released, and he felt the deep pit that had formed during the reading expand at the words he had heard. He hadn't even noticed how badly he was shaking until he felt Chip nuzzling against his face, granting him just that bit of self-awareness he needed. He took the little dog into his arms, holding him closely and tenderly as he nuzzled into his chest in turn.
Dale drank in all the comfort he could from Chip's presence, the haunted face of his shaking form looking for all the world like he'd come to know a fate worse than any apocalypse. "...I don't know what world. I don't want to know what world. I never want to see that world again. I won't go back there. I won't. I won't..."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 WJIUQf5

"Your emotions are black. They scream of failure. You seek not what good could befall you, instead you peer into the gaze of the void. An endless expanse of despair, hatred, self loathing. A past tangled in pain, trapped in your own regrets and fear. A man, a being, devoid of fate yet filled with own self will. A will that yearns for something, yet what?"

"Despair is not the road you should walk. It leads to only regret. It may seem wise to border on caution, to not let people in, but it will only drown out your own feelings of self will, of your humanity. You are a person, first and foremost. Free from fate, you do not bend to its will. An enigma, an exception. Birthed and given a gift to carve out any future you deem fit."

"Yet he throws it away in fear. Folly is your existence, despair is your partner. Aloof to what you want, what you truly desire. I see now, the visage of who you truly are. A worn torn beast, scarred by battle. An entity birthed to fight, yet he broke those chains long ago. Given humanity, the chance to build forth a life that was truly his own. He died living as he saw fit."

"Yet you sit in front of me a man devoured by fear. One who refuses to take that path. You freed yourself of your chains a life time ago, and yet the wounds they left have never healed. You stand a man free, but the chains have never left. This time, your own heart is the bearer of their grip. You are not free, but you could be."

"But will you? Will you truly step forward? Step away from your chains? To carve out a path that truly belongs to you and only you?"

"... H-Huh...? I, uh... What happened...?" Cassiel would suddenly come too. It was clear something odd had happened. It was as if the world around them had suddenly stopped. Everything fallen away and only the voice was there. And only Dale had heard its words.

"S-Sorry... I forgot what we were doing... Ah, um... Oh, hey, when'd you get that cute puppy?" he'd say without missing a beat. Cassiel was a normally upbeat person after all, it made sense a lapse in memory, a normal occurrence to him, wouldn't stop him from getting things back to normal.

"Ah, anyways, sorry if my fortune spooked you. Your fate is... Unique, it helped me out a lot, you know! Hey, maybe we can meet again? I'd love to talk to you some more. You're kind of funny and your aloofness is, like, super refreshing!" he'd say with an even brighter smile. It was clear he was having a good time right now, despite the, uh... Obvious lapse of memory that had just befell him.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 10:38 am

This was wrong. This was all wrong. They changed. They were different.
Their expression was wrong, unlike what it was. The bright tones they spoke had turned dark and dire, the small boy now carrying a grim bearing and speaking ominous words. This wasn't the person he was talking to before.
They'd become something else. It reminded him of all the things that were wrong before. He hated it hated it hated it hated it feared it ran from it recoiled from it froze before it stared into it heard doom from it felt futility from it it knew it knew it knew it knew it knew it knew it knew it knew

It said to stop it said he failed it said to let people in but the people wanted him gone

Changing, warping, smiling wrong, pretending to care til the care was gone, ripping and tearing into his body, taking his mind and leaving there nothing
Said he was trapped by the heart he had
Said not to fear when the thing was dread
That he could have what we wanted, all that he sought
But before him spoke proof that the idea was-

Blank eyes snapped into focus.

Chip was barking madly, drawing attention to the pair. For a minute, Dale had literally stopped breathing, the passing of air that imitated life grinding to a halt as trauma set in.
He had been still as a corpse.
Dale looked slowly down at Chip as if in a trance, barking silenced for a look of worry. Squeezing him a little closer, he looked up at Cassiel as if seeing with newfound eyes, scrutinising the every facet of the boy before him for any sign of what had emerged.
It was gone.
It had fled.
That thing was gone.

But would it come back?

"...are you you?"
"Why were you not you?"
"How did you come back?"
"Nobody ever came back."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 12:15 pm

"What do you mean? Of course I'm me! The mest me that has ever med! Uh, something like that." he'd say with a little laugh, though, he wasn't insensitive. He could see that something had happened, but he didn't know what... And those questions... Ah, they were very different from the ones he had asked before.

"C-Come back? Me not being me? Nobody comes back? Wait, I don't understand... What're you talking about?" he'd ask in a confused tone. Really, he was just as lost as Dale was...
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 pm

...how did they not know what happened to them...? It was their body. They were the one saying all of it, but still...
How did they not know?
"You weren't you just then...it looked like you, but you weren't. You sounded different. Acted different. S-said..." He couldn't talk. He couldn't say it. The words stopped, and he didn't know why.
Skip that bit.
"Happened to people before. Changing. They're like they were until they aren't. Say they work together, live together, and then attack each other while looking like it never happened, everyone else too." He pauses. "You didn't do that. That never happened here yet. But you were not-you. Different. And then, you're this again. Never happened. Always stayed changed."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 HyD5ybG

"So I was me, but different? That sounds odd... I don't remember anything..."

Cassiel would hum gently, a finger on his chin in thought. He had been him, but was someone else? Spoke as someone else? Nope, didn't ring a bell. No matter how hard he thought, he just couldn't think of an explanation of what he was talking about. Maybe he had been imagining things? He was describing not Junction... It was most likely his world. Unless he had temporarily turned into a demon, but uh... Yeah, wouldn't the other customers be a tad bit... Concerned?

"I think you're confused... At least, I think you're talking about your world. I don't really get it, sorry. But, I'm okay! Seriously, there's no reason to worry. Uhm, would you like me to walk you home perhaps? You seemed scared... I'd hate to see you off so wobbly." he'd say with a sympathetic smile. He hated going home when he felt sick. His parents would fuss and say he needed treatment immediately... Granted, he doubted Dale had to deal with that but still.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 3:29 pm

"No memory..." So whatever happened stopped him remembering things? That's why he didn't know?
...what if he'd not remembered things too?

He didn't buy that there was no reason to worry, but for now, this person wasn't doing anything. The other them didn't do things more than say things, but the things they did say were...they made him feel wrong.
And yet, he needed to know. What they meant, how they knew, what it did, how it did, how they showed up and where they came from-
He had so, so many questions, and he needed answers so badly.

Dale shakes his head at Cass's offer. He didn't know how well they knew stuff, how much they knew - if he could find him anyway. But if he went with him, they'd be gone like that, and any hope of learning would go with them.
Scaring people by holding hands would do nothing there, and they weren't strong enough or enough like those before to stop people.
"...don't. I'll find you again."
Walking out under the stares of the people his earlier incident had drawn the eye of, he finds himself with much to think about.
He glances back through the window to where Cass is.

He would find them again when he felt stronger.

]͟͠͏>̨͞͡͝-̶́͞-̴̵͘҉-̕A̸̡҉B̵́S̶̷̢̨̛C̢͢҉̴̛Ơ͘͠N̵҉D̷́̕͟-̸̷-̶̧-͏́<̴̢[̵̢̛͡

[---<{AWAIT}>---]
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 1:23 am

Well... That was certainly scary. He didn't really understand what exactly had happened, but he supposed it, uh... Happened? Eh... Oh well, he supposed. He'd flip out his phone and begin scrolling through the apps for a bit.

Not being himself? That was insane... Right?
Back to top Go down
Demon Flame

Demon Flame

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 am

The future and the past are a scary thing, but very much a part of us all.

The Gears of Fate are ever turning.

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 Soo4M6hEvery Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 UBYhQAY

Cassiel of the Priestess and Dale of the Aeon have forged a bond...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]   Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Every Little Helps [Cassiel/Dale]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2