Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Shut Down Endymion? EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Shut Down Endymion? EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Shut Down Endymion? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Shut Down Endymion? EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Shut Down Endymion? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Shut Down Endymion? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Shut Down Endymion? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Shut Down Endymion?

Go down 
+8
Captain Caliber
Sosina
Moogle
Sheepzami Sheephara
ViniVidiVicci
May Lily
Albrecht
Godai
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do You Want To Shutdown Endymion?
Yes, it took too long.
Shut Down Endymion? Bar_left45%Shut Down Endymion? Bar_right
 45% [ 9 ]
No, I want it to keep going further.
Shut Down Endymion? Bar_left35%Shut Down Endymion? Bar_right
 35% [ 7 ]
Not Sure.
Shut Down Endymion? Bar_left20%Shut Down Endymion? Bar_right
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Shut Down Endymion? Empty
PostSubject: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Shut Down Endymion? 250TyDq

It's probably a long time coming. I heard some complaints that people want to end it right away. And I'm also noticing the growing lack of interest in it. I can't blame anyone for it. It's getting a bit more difficult for me to keep it going since I have real life stuff to do. But I want to see what you guys think whether we should keep going or not. So it's going to be a discussion on what to do at this point. I still have some material to work with, but none of that matters if you all don't want to keep on going. So, let me know how you feel about it.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Muh righteous Crusade
Back to top Go down
May Lily

May Lily

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

So, like, I don't know how much room I really have to add to this considering I don't play Endymion anymore and all but an opinion is still an opinion? Feel free to disregard this though, but I feel as a member of the site I can still say my piece.

I've expected Endy to die for a long time now, especially after Phile left it in the hands of Gran and Godai and especially when Gran became notably distant with its handling. I don't think a plot like Endy can really survive the way it has been and I don't expect it to really go much farther at a reasonable pace without it dragging down the site as a whole. That's really my main concern, that Endy might eventually just kill off the interest of the site due to its nature.

I've said this a lot, but a plot like Endy needs a very specific group of people to play it and really see it through to the end. Opposing factions have to be taken in a somewhat serious manner and have good sportsmanship behind that, but its hard to keep morals high when, say, there are just more players in one faction than the other. Granted, I'm extremely distant from Endy so I'm not sure the current stature of active players on both sides, but last I was on the PU side was dropping like flies.
Really, I feel like a new setting would benefit the site overall. Especially a more easily accessible site if we're thinking about trying to spur new interest in the site and bring in a bigger player base or one that has enough people for a plot like Endy to be handled better. I feel like it was too ambitious for where the site was at its time, and there were many factors that probably contributed to it.

Really, all I have to say is that I have had a feeling it was going to die eventually, and if we're really considering ending it, there's no real reason to keep beating a dead horse.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 11:53 am

I'm using strawpoll for the vote now. There's no way to know who is voting or to stop them at all. Since I don't want Junction people voting as they have no reason to vote. The strawpoll link is up in your respective Discord faction channels. Please vote there.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 2:23 pm

I hop off site to play Monster Hunter for ONE freakin' day...

So let me weigh in on this. I've only been here since the end of October and 4 months isn't that long in the grand scheme of things and it seriously sucks to join up to have it end so quickly before it began. I've put a lot of time and effort into both Endymion and Junction and it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth to see it dropped before I really even get anywhere. That being said my feelings on the matter are complex and I will attempt to explain them the best I can.

I think Endymion should end in its current incarnation. Do I like Endymion? Yes. Would I like to continue playing in Endymion? Yes. But this is a natural progression of things if you look at this from the perspective of a tabletop game or anything else where you have a game master. The original game master dumped it off into the hands of other people who were involved in it for those who wanted to keep playing. So the GM left and whoever wanted to keep things going picked it so that people could keep playing, probably not because they wanted to, it's not even their game. Now the cycle is repeating and that GM wants to drop the game because of real life responsibilities which happens, but does anyone actually want to run Endymion? Everyone wants to play, no one wants to GM, so what happens eventually? Realize that this is a game. Godai doesn't have any obligation to run this game, it's not his, he didn't make that original promise that he would host a game for players to enjoy and collaborate and tell a story together he's just been keeping it alive because no one else would. Do we make someone who doesn't really want to continue be forced to host the game for what enjoyment that's worth? Do we hand it off to someone else, if so who would take the spot and would they want to run it through to the end because I've seen a few people offering to run it "until someone better can come along" but nobody really wants to run Endymion.

If you have a game that no one wants to run it's going to impact enjoyment in the long run and I for one don't want to impose a game on someone and imply that they need to run it. The original game master of this original plot up and left, if you ask me that's when a game usually dies. So what's next? The best option in my opinion would be for a GM to step up with a story that that they actually want to see through to the end, whether that be someone pledging to run Endymion for the long haul, turning it into something of their own design, or scrapping it entirely in favor of something else. But if no one's going to be serious about Endymion all it's doing is stressing out whoever's in charge.

So I'm voting going to vote Yes, I want to shut it down. I've had some good fun here for the little while that I've been a part of the game and I would like to keep playing out my characters in this world. However that doesn't mean I think it shouldn't end especially if those in charge don't want it to continue, the fact this vote is taking place at all is evidence enough. I would like to see it continue but I would like to see it continue by someone who wants to and has time to do so, not because of some obligation to someone that isn't even here anymore. If it continues I won't be upset because I would like to keep playing, if it ends I won't be surprised and we can start from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Shut Down Endymion? 8oz2M9e

So it turns out some idiot has been ballot-stuffing this one as well. It was 13 No to around 4 Yes yesterday. Now it's 25 Yes and 15 No's today. And I highly doubt we have 40 members in Endymion. So this is pretty damning that someone's ballot-stuffing. So frankly, I'm going to ban whoever is involved in this. I don't care who you are. You will be dealt with once I find out if you're involved.

That said, if you're involved in Endymion, post in your account here saying which decision you're for.

Right now your choices are this:

• Yes, Shut It Down.
  • No, Keep Going.

I will extend it to Wednesday now. Please make your choice. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:14 pm

No, keep going.
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:14 pm

No, keep going. Muh righteous crusade must go on.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

Ehhh...Nah, Keep it Going.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:26 pm

I would say keep it going.

the only issue I see that may have impacted a lot of things, is the creation of this pseudo "fourth faction" out of the PT's if this was part of the original Idea then I doubt it was part of the original Idea that more then 75% of the PT's would join it leaving the remaining 25% to stick with the original group, (splitting a lot of attempted team making)so I have to wonder if that may add strain down the line
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Keep going. I just made a new Cadet, and I plan on keeping up with the action on both sides best I can.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm inclined to say Yes, Shut It Down.

I'm aware that I've only been around a few months, and as such, I have no idea what Endymion used to be like. But as it is now, it is not doing well, and I don't see things improving.
Endymion is a nice idea, but the execution has left things to be desired. Things are at a slog plot-wise and not, the factions are weighted in ways that show, and only a small subset of the playerbase seem to be interacting much - assuming they're even particularly active.
I've been enjoying playing in Endymion, but I don't believe that has too much to do with Endy itself. With that the case, I can't really advocate continuing this.

What Sosina mentioned definitely doesn't help all of this. The PT split creates a new faction that has to be accounted for as well, one that will probably need a lot of attention of its own considering it appears that it wasn't expected to come into being the way it has. It's a strain for the PTs, especially given the fact that new players are rare and infrequently remain to refill the numbers, and its more work for everyone running this as there's yet another player on the field.

Vini makes good points as well. This can't really be kept going on without someone with both the capability and investment in seeing this through. Even if it doesn't grind to a halt, it's going to be burdensome on whoever's been obligated to run it, and enjoyment is also pretty likely to suffer for the people playing. When the people running it are only doing so reluctantly, it tends to drain on everything else too. It's just not really viable long-term.

I like my character, and I would like to keep playing them. But it's far easier to make a new character than to fix a setting that's been getting mired down enough that we're now voting whether to end it. It's easy to get attached to who you're playing, but as far as I'm concerned, no character's worth keeping something around that you wouldn't keep on its own merits.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 pm

No, keep it going.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm

My point's above and my mind's unchanged, yeah shut it down.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 9:35 pm

I am an old gal, so I am going to be frank here.

First off I think all should have the right to vote not just the current active members of Endymion because honestly some of the folk that went to Junction in the first place or haven't been playing their characters in Endy has reasons and opinions that should be heard. I think that is the only way you can get a overall view of the matter and of course see how the whole site feels versus just those currently active in Endy. I understand the push back against this, but seriously with this system at least you get the full picture.

Secondly, the points for shutting it down are valid and I think the main thing is what Vivi pointed out. Phile left the plot on someone else's shoulder and while i am sure this person has support most of the time, I see it as one man leading the bigger plot. Perhaps it is just me, but that is how I see it. With that being said, I see the responsibility of the site and real life stuff being stressful to the one bearing it. I've been there before and know it is not fun. Even less so when the thing you are running is a chore versus fun.

I think due to this and the fact that Endy seems unstable to me and bound to fall, I think it should be scrapped and something new put it in its place. Give the site a fresh start and see if it grows from there. Does this mean I hate Endy. No? I've come back to it time and time again and find what is there interesting; however, things of late have made me not love it as much anymore and this voting thing is only making the interest for me in it die down more. Even if I am one that likes to see things through to the end I think this voting has been through the blender enough and honestly this and Endy needs to be laid to rest. So yes. End Endy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shut Down Endymion?   Shut Down Endymion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shut Down Endymion?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next