Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) Empty
PostSubject: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

He could see sunlight spilling from the windows of the double doors ahead of him just at the end of the hallway. Those doors, and that sunlight called to him. They were the doors...of FREEDOM!

No matter how masterfully he tolerated it, it seemed Ben could never completely hide his true feelings about Academia. A perceptive person would only need to observe the differences in his stride when heading to class and leaving after. During the school day, he would walk slowly with a lazy slump to his posture. After the last bell rang, his steps would become speedy and graceful as his legs swiftly moved between the bodies of other students, never once changing his pace. If navigating through the traffic of a crowd of students was an art form, then Ben would be it's Van Gogh.

Man, what a relief. I thought that last lecture would never end...Ben scratched the back of his head while keeping his eyes fixated on the door ahead. This city school has some interesting stuff, though. At least it's less boring than the kind of school I'm used to. Pretty sure I made the right choice. It's just still...still school damnit! Stupid desks that are always too small. Uncomfortable chairs. Some adult in a droning monotone voice repeats the same dumb thing over and over then calls your name just so you have to repeat it again. Asking permission to use the damn bathroom to perform a necessary body function...RRRrrgh!

A light angered breath flared from his nostrils for a split second before Ben told his inner thoughts to shut up and calm down. That's right, it'll be over soon enough...cool it..

He absent mindedly reached his left hand into the side of his school bag and felt around for the familiar calming touch of soft fluffy plush. The soothing fabric of an old dear friend. And felt...

No.

Ben halted his pace on the spot. Two students walking behind him bumped into his back, giving him a "watch where you're going look and scolding him as they continued on past him.
"O..Of course, I'm sorry." Ben said with a quick bow of the head. With a small look of frantic panic on his face, Ben moved to the wall and opened the flap of his school bag. His hand moved around wildly searching for it. But no luck whatsoever.

This is bad...I have to get him back. My sanity may very well depend on it, but...

A slight panic set in and gave Ben a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had to find it. It was definitely still here in the school, but where would it have fallen out of his bag? He closed his eyes and hastily scrolled through his day. Remembering where he had been and what he had done, but could find no recollection of an obvious point in time where he would have lost it. Opening his eyes, he began to take in his surroundings.

Damn, now I wish I had paid more attention during that orientation. As he began to pace back and retrace his steps, Ben only now started to realize how big the school grounds were, and how easy it was to get turned around in such a place. He inwardly gathered his determination as he continued to travel the halls and a sudden idea struck him. It might be faster to ask for help. I..I hate to risk having someone find out I carry around something so embarrassing, but...I guess it can't be helped.

Ben calmed his nerves and scanned the surrounding area. His eyes glanced over a few potential candidates. It could have just been his own sense of urgency, but Ben thought the first would most likely be his best bet. An older boy with blonde hair and an honest looking face.

Seems nice enough, though...something doesn't seem right about that expression...Though I could be wrong..Ugh! I need to stop overthinking things, especially at a time like this, I have to hurry!
Ben tried his best to retain an outward calm as he approached, though probably failed to mask his dire mood as he spoke,

"EXCUSE ME! Umm..sorry. I didn't mean to get so loud there, but uh..well, I need help with something real quick and I was hoping you might have time. I still haven't really gotten used to the layout of the school here and it's been pretty tough to find my way around without getting shots..no, lots...wait uh lost! I meant lost." Ben's eyebrows lifted as he tried his best to produce a genuine relaxed smile, hoping it would make up for any awkwardness. He knew it wasn't likely, but also had the habit of being randomly optimistic. "My apologies." he said weakly, "So, how about it? Think you could help me out?"

Woah, I might end up having to ask someone else. Guess I blew it. But, who knows, sometimes just the effort is enough for a positive response from people."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Cecil had been going for his earphones when he got a sudden earful from the boy now asking for his help. He might have let out a yell, but mercifully, the shock took hold first.
Dark green eyes blink a couple of times at the person before Cecil, a bewildered expression on his face.
The verbal fumbling seemed familiar. Not as bad as he's accustomed to, but painfully familiar. But that was something that came to mind after the first words he thought of shot out of his mouth.
"...please, don't just do that to someone. Aghhh..." Cecil rubs at his ear. "Seriously...owwww."

He takes a breath, and resets his face back to neutral. "So...ah...you needed help with something?" He smiles awkwardly. Really, he could have just brushed him off, but the thought never occurred to him. He'd have trouble refusing him anyway even if it had.
It...wasn't like he was going to be doing much anyway.
"What's up, then?"
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Ben's eyes faced down toward the floor for a few seconds, expecting the guy to readily dismiss him or call him a nuisance or something. The second Ben heard his earnest answer, the initial flustered panic that he'd been experiencing turned to a calmer anxiety.

"Yeah, I lost my..." his sentence began rapidly,

Slow down! He doesn't have to know everything!

"...something.." then slowed to a creep,

C'mon, you can think of something. An excuse?

"..that's important.." Ben continued with an upward inflection to his voice,

Deflect! Deflect? Oh! I know - reasonable lie!

"..to my sister!" he finished with a relieved grin.

Nice.

Quickly regaining his composure and posture, Ben continued speaking in a more normal manner. "Y..yeah, I was holding onto something for my lil' sis and it seems to have fallen out of my bag somewhere around the school in the past couple of hours. I have to make sure to get it back to her. Pretty sure she'd be sad if I couldn't find it." Ben averted his gaze from the blonde kid, making sure not to look up towards his right side. That's an easy tell for liars. He sighed while placing an open palm on the back of his neck, waiting to see if his would be assistant was going to buy his improvised lie. Ben would have truly rather been honest with him, but he needed help and wasn't about to risk outright humiliation at a new school. Especially not so early in the year.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm

...that might have been remotely convincing if he'd started with the second part first. Instead, he destroyed any credibility his lie had up front.
That was bad. If it was obvious to him, it was really, really bad.
Forget it. Not worth bothering him about it if it he's that desperate for me to think it isn't his.

Holding back a flat, knowing look, Cecil just continues on. "The last thing anyone wants is a sad little sister...they tend to turn into angry ones, in my experience." He shakes his head. "Anyway...I still don't know what you're looking for...?"
Cecil starts paying more attention to the terrible, terrible liar before him, trying not to give the impression he knew too much, or would be able to. Last part wasn't hard admittedly, but still.
I wonder what it is anyway if he felt such a need to lie about it? How bad can it be?...probably not too bad, if he's claiming it belongs to his 'younger sister'. If he, well, even has one...
...I really hope I'm not about to hear stories about a made up sister. That...that'd just be sad.
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:13 pm

"Oh, so you'll help me? Th..thank you." Ben replied curtly.

Did he really believe that?..No, most likely he knows something's up. Either way, he's probably either extremely oblivious or unnaturally kind He took a split second before continuing to eye this guy's posture, then made a slight corner-lipped smile. Or is it neither? Could it be he's merely curious?
Ben stepped a bit closer, tilted his neck down in a quick small nod, then looked back up at the boy while speaking in a semi-hushed tone. "Well, it's a toy, a soft one. It's a pretty old and rare one too. Collectible, you see." He spoke without any anxiety this time, and any signs of the frantic shakiness he first approached the boy with were gone. After all, whether or not this student believed him about a sister was now irrelevant. He had seemed to offer assistance and now he could speak more freely.

But still, let's see if it is curiosity..

Ben turned his face from side to side in one swift motion, as if to look for someone or something suspicious. He retained his semi-hushed tone as he continued, "I don't want to go into too much detail about it here. Just help me look for a soft toy with a hat and green tail."

He shot a glance over his shoulder, "I think it might be best to start somewhere toward the gym. Ready to get started?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Cecil shuffles back a little as Ben comes in closer, distinctly uncomfortable with the stranger's proximity.
He listens with a wary look. Come on, not so close...a soft toy? Old, rare, a collectible...right...
When Ben's done talking he takes another step back and gathers himself, before allowing a little smile to show on his face. Guess that explains that...an old toy with sentimental value. I can understand that. He sighs. Geez, though...sucks that he has to worry about people thinking it's his. It's not something worth bothering people over.

Turning his attention outward, Cecil focuses on Ben again. "Yeah. Let's get moving."
Cecil leads the way. He hadn't had long enough to get amazingly familiar with the academy yet, but he'd had enough chance to learn where most of the things he needed to know about were. They don't end up taking the most efficient route, but before long, they're around the gym.
"Right...guess it's time we got looking, then. I'll get looking around here." He nods to Ben and goes off to start searching, popping in one earphone as he does.
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Ben watched as the boy simply accepted the information and moved toward the gym area ahead of him. He brought a finger up toward his chin and absent mindedly stared at the floor as he followed close behind.

Uhuh...Well, I guess that's it then. I'm never gonna understand this guy at a glance. No curiosity at all in that blank expression. And what's more, not enough sympathy or concern in that voice. So his help was neither out of altruistic kindness or curiosity. Can't make heads or tails of him...So Cool!

Ben's eyes narrowed slightly as he watched his newly recruited partner begin the search, listening to something, he assumed music, through one earbud.

The only thing that really stood out was the speed at which he...Oh, does he just want to get this over with?

Squating toward the ground by some potted plants, Ben began to search fervently for his lost item.

I get it, .well, one thing at least. I'm not the only one hiding something. No one is that gray....unless they're a robot...OH SHIT! Is he a robot!?

Ben pushed the ridiculous thought of the student's green eyes bulging out to shoot laser beams at him, and continued his sweep of the area. Failing to find anything, he moved swiftly toward a couple of benches and thoroughly searched underneath them. He stood up from his knees with a sigh and began to think of other areas he had been that day. Ben had pretty much lost hope of finding him here. He turned toward the student and gave a weak smile.

"Eh, it doesn't look like it's here. Unless of course you've had any luck..Well, if you haven't found him either, then I guess I'll start heading toward the science lab." Ben smiled and waved his hand casually, "Y.You don't have to look anymore if you don't want, but it'd be awesome if you could do me one last favor and help me find my way to the lab? To be honest, I've just been getting around by recognizing students I have class with and following behind them..."

Realizing how weird he had just sounded..
"Ah! I mean, not like stalking people or anything! They're going to the same place anyway, so I just kinda let them lead the way, ya know." Ben placed a hand on the back of his neck and glanced toward the floor.

Uh, I have to change the subject..Oh!

He brought his attention back to the student and spoke in a light apologetic tone,

"A.anyway, I just realized I didn't even introduce myself. That was rude, huh. I'm Ben. Thanks again for helping me out."[/color]
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Cecil hums along with the track currently filtering into his ear as he searches. With his head relatively clear right now, it was mainly an effort to stave off the splitting headaches that came when it got too silent.
Nothing was turning up from his own search. He examined the fixtures and looked through the greenery, but it didn't appear the place had any secrets to hide from him - at least, none right now. If there was a stray pen or some loose change here, someone claimed it earlier.

As Ben calls over, Cecil stops looking, and pops out his earphone. He just listens attentively as the boy speaks, not making any move to interrupt. At the first lull in Ben's speech, he starts to say something, but the words rapidly die out as it turns out he wasn't done talking. This repeats with each halt in his speech, his attempts to cover for a statement that even register as anything of notice to Cecil in the first place only making himself seem more awkward.
...who's he had to deal with that he's so afraid of what I might be thinking? It's...honestly a little sad to think about.

As Ben says his final pause, there's a little pause as Cecil's uncertainty as to whether an attempt to speak would be interrupted again gets the better of him. When it's clear that he wasn't jumping in at the wrong moment again, he lets out a little sigh and speaks up. "Relax. I don't know why you're so worked up, but you really don't need to be." He shakes his head, a wry smile on his lips. "I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't want to, alright? Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal."
Signalling for Ben to follow, he starts making his way to the lab. As he walks along, a pensive look develops briefly on his face as he glances down to his side away from Ben, before he looks over to him with a relaxed smile. "My name's Cecil. And, ah...seriously. You don't need to act like that. It's a little uncomfortable being treated like I'd tear into you at the first opportunity."
If one were to be looking for it, there's a hint of sadness in his green eyes as he says that.
Back to top Go down
Syntax_Error

Syntax_Error

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Cecil's words almost sounded insulting until Ben considered how erratic he had been acting. Not only was what he said accurate, but oddly calming. There was some kind of feeling in the way he said them. A genuine sort of friendliness.

So, you really are just kind...that's a bit boring. Nice, but boring.
Either way, I guess I can take your advice and relax now.

"Alright Cecil." Ben said lithely while strolling along and raising both arms behind his head. "I'll try and calm down. I can see you're a nice guy, so there's nothing I need to worry about, right?"

Ben continued his casual pace as they rounded the corner of another hallway. Still, if I don't find him soon..I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to keep my shit together.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Is he asking me, or himself?
Cecil quickly clears the thought from his head. Regardless of the peculiarities of that statement, this was no time to comment on it.

It's not long before the pair hit the science lab, and Cecil wastes no time in getting looking. The science lab wasn't the smallest of the rooms, and there were more than enough crevices for something to hide in.
Where could it be...? Time was starting to creep up on them. If this took too much longer, they might have to clear out, and he doubted Ben would have a particularly great time from here on if he had to leave without what he was looking for.
This would be less of an issue if this particular room wasn't turning out to be such a pain to search.

A science lab wasn't a great place to lose a soft toy. Even assuming nobody found the thing and decided to mess with it, there was the potential for all sorts to happen to it, intentionally or not. If it was here someone, he had just to hope that nothing had happened to it.
He hadn't found it yet, but he still had a fair amount left to search. Cecil pops up, and looks over to Ben. "Any luck?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)   The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Search for Chompface (Ben/Cecil)
Page 1 of 1