Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

To drink or not to drink? [Blake]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] Empty
PostSubject: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Onyx Rhine

To be fair, Onyx wasn’t a huge bar person or the like, as he found it to be a fairly boring activity to partake in most of the time. However, there were only so many things to do before one ran out of the more entertaining options, and lounging at some sort of establishment was still a decent way of relaxing. For as long as there weren’t loud drunk customers around, but that was a variable one could hardly affect. Perhaps this time around, he would have more luck? It was hard to say, but he did at the very least hope that this place he found by chance while wandering around the commercial district wasn’t going to cause him a headache too quickly.

With that in mind, he would push the door open, stepping into the Heaven’s Door, his black and white eyes scanning the environment…
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 6:04 pm

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] Wc7Fiie

The door bell rang, announcing the entrance of another customer. Blake hastily attempted to straighten her uniform once the sound had reached her ears, like always the bard had been mostly empty for the day the only other few clients at the moment were being attended by other staff members. As expected the bar was mostly quiet save for the chill tunes played by the jukebox. Though far from sophisticated, the bar had a calming atmosphere to it... it was almost like a cozy hellhole.

The bartender took a good look at the newest client before saying anything. He looked mostly human, save for the fact he was completely white and black, had horns sprouting from his head. But to be quite frank she has seen more bizarre.

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] CYz1hET
"Welcome to Heaven's Door, what can i get you?"

She welcomed the man with a smile on her face. The guy had a mysterious air about him, maybe it's because he reminded her of those dark and brooding types of fiction. A type her 15 year old self fawned over a lot but that's not something she'd rather not dwell on...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Onyx Rhine

Well, the place didn’t seem to be overcrowded, which certainly suited the pale man. Perhaps today was actually a lucky day, and there would be no unpleasant things happening. Then again, when nothing happens, it is a little bit boring. Such a dilemma, really. Too much disturbance becomes annoying, but too little is just a recipe for boredom.

Regardless, Onyx didn’t really have the time to ponder the truths of reality at the moment, as he was greeted by a waitress only moments after he had stepped inside. He would contemplate the question for a few moments before speaking up. “Well, I’ve not been here before, so I am not quite familiar with what you offer. Is there a menu I could look at first?” He wasn’t sure what he wanted just yet, so that was probably the best way to go, unless he went and blurted a random drink which he could end up not really enjoying in the end.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Maybe it was about time she thought about a new way to greet clients, every time she said "What can i get you?" they would point out something wrong with it. Often they have a point and were never dicks about it, so it really made her think. Boss did always say she could be a bit hasty with clients.

"Wait, Blake focus."

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] WFdrvB4
"Oh... my bad. Hang on a sec."

She'd pull out from under the counter a small black booklet and placed it before the pale man. Should he go through the pages he'd see a quite extensive list of options, the drinks would have a small picture to the left and the ingredients in smaller letters bellow the name, and if the drink was alcoholic or not(Though that piece of information as mostly for beings with human-like physiology, there's no way of knowing what sort of effect they would have in alien creatures). They also had a selection of canned drinks and snacks.

"Name is Blake by the way." She'd introduce herself, this time she wore a neutral expression this face, one that was very common for her."Take your time to decide, feel free to mess with the jukebox too as long... as you don't break it, that is."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 2:44 am

Onyx Rhine

Well, perhaps it could indeed be counted as hasty. After all, even those who were already familiar with the selection probably often did not have their full order picked out the moment they stepped foot inside. It would make sense that a lot of people would not have the answer waiting ready at the tip of their tongue just like that. It wasn’t really a wrong question in itself, just maybe asked too early on. He would offer the woman a faint smile. “No big deal.” As long as she wasn’t being rude on purpose, he had no complaints. After all, everyone messes up once in a while.

Once she handed him the menu book, he made a valiant attempt to read it properly, though he probably gave a somewhat comical picture as he held it as far from his face as possible, squinting at the pages. Reading things was simply a pain in the ass when you couldn’t see well into short distance. Sadly, it was simply a thing at most restaurants and bars, thus he did his best to deal with the somewhat annoying snag. He would however, glance towards the waitress as she introduced herself, offering her a small nod. “Onyx. It’s nice to meet you.” Well, at least she wasn’t being one of those grumpy workers that would roll their eyes at your existence the moment they could have you out of their hands. He could appreciate that. “I don’t mind whatever is playing, as long as it isn’t obscenely loud. I do value my hearing after all.”, he would add towards the jukebox comment with a faint hum under his breath, still taking his sweet time figuring out what was written on the menu.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 am

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] 6sp2mOX
"Then you are safe, Onyx."

"..Boss wanted it to be the 'Chillest bar' in Junction. Loud and noisy songs don't really make for a chill ambiance" It was quite nice to find a place like this to work at, none of that tacky and show off bullshit you would see in other places. Though she always found the idea of "The chillest bar in junction" to be too ambitious and tad comical, the idea itself had some charm... hell, she quite liked the place. The Bartender eventually picked up on the client's struggle to read the menu, he wasn't the first to have trouble reading it, and without hesitating for a moment she spoke up.

"You need help over there?I can try to find a menu in braille for you or help you pick if need be." Not only she had no other clients but she also wanted to make sure people had the best experience possible... as much as the bar could provide with their budget that is. After the man's reply, she'd look at him and ask. "So, what brought you over here, today?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 am

Onyx Rhine

“I can appreciate that. I find extremely loud bars to be quite the disturbance. One has to wonder how the people there don’t get headaches after a while.” Perhaps he just wasn’t that type of a person, who knew. Some people seemed to love loud parties and any place that offered such an atmosphere, but Onyx would personally say that such occasions could turn out to be rather draining. It’s much simpler to just enjoy some peace instead of barely being able to hear your own thoughts due to the loud music all around you.

When she offered him help with the menu, he would pause trying to study it for a moment as he looked towards her instead. “I’ve never learned how to read that type of writing.” He used to be completely blind in the past, yes, but he had utilized other ways before, and there was also the fact that very few places actually had options of that kind, making it a bit of a lousy investment to learn the language. “I’m not very picky with drinks though. What would you recommend?” Perhaps that would work out the best? After all, someone who works here probably knows which drinks are a good choice and which aren’t. He was up for trying something blindly. He would shrug slightly when questioned about his reasons for coming here. “I was looking for something to pass time with, and decided to check this place out as I haven’t done so before.” It technically worked, yes?
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 1:49 pm

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] HUk88nP
"Well..."

The bartender would fall into deep thought, trying to figure out something to serve that would please him. He claimed to be not very picky, but still everyone had their preferences. He seemed like the reserved type, maybe she could go off from that, additionally he wanted to have a quiet and relaxing time so nothing that would leave you with a bad hangover on the following day would probably be good too. After a few moments deliberation, she'd begin to grab the ingredients and mixing, it wouldn't take long before she had it served in a typical cocktail glass. The drink itself was had a dark red coloration, it was sweet and easy on the tongue. It was also alcoholic, but it would require quite a few shots before you got the buzz.

"Boss calls it Lunapa's Fruit... If you want anything stronger i can provide too." She gave the client a calm nod, hopefully this would please Onyx as they don't have a whole lot of clients and they can't afford to leave a bad impression on those they have. "I see, it's always nice to see new faces as we don't get a lot of movement." Should she even try to make small talk with this guy? Not that he was unpleasant to talk to, he just didn't seem like he'd enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Onyx Rhine

He would wait calmly while the woman was busy thinking and then preparing a drink, simply taking a few moments to look around the place casually. Not that there was too much mystery to be found, but he didn’t plan to disturb her while she was doing his job, so anything was better than staring at one random point. He would nod towards her when she presented the red liquid. Well, it didn’t look bad, that was for sure. “It’s quite fine. I’m not looking to get drunk under the table. It’s not a whole lot of fun.” While he had no issue with drinking alcohol here and there, he never found much enjoyment in overdoing it and then feeling like utter crap soon afterwards. It just didn’t seem worth it to him. He’d rather enjoy things with a clearer head.

“Hmm…” Onyx would hum under his breath slightly as Blake made a comment about the bar not having a whole lot of customers around. “Are you having trouble getting more popular?”, he’d inquire after a short while of thinking, somewhat curious. The place didn’t seem all too bad so far, and with how many citizens Junction had, it was a bit surprising that such an establishment wouldn’t get a lot of visitors.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 pm

He liked, good... well at least it looked like he was pleased. He didn't collapse out of disgust or didn't leave, it should be enough. She can't really afford to displease clients, which can make serving non human clients a bit stressful, humans are easier to handle she understand them but any other race...

"Yeap. We are very recent, our bosses can't afford to hire a lot of staff... I suppose our location isn't the worse but also not the best either. She'd pause for a moment, pondering on the matter. "I suppose older bars are better equipped to handle with the myriad of species present in Junction... They also don't like competition a lot..."

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] WFdrvB4
"We already had trouble with the clients physiology not taking our drinks very well..."

She followed the sentence with a rather awkward laugh. Not really a good idea to go out telling clients your products got people ill in the past, but she wanted to be truthful to the people she served.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Onyx Rhine

“Ah. You do have a point I suppose. It must be a tough job to be able to satisfy so many species.” Having such a large variety of different citizens definitely had to make it hard for any business to prosper properly. Even if it was something as simple as selling clothes, as measurements could vary so wildly it might make it impossible to create a fitting outfit for everyone. The pale man would take a taste of the drink, for now finding it to be okay. Well, he could hope there wasn’t anything in it that would make him sick, but to be fair, he didn’t even really know whether there was something he was allergic to or such. “I think that any establishment probably experiences problems even if they don’t talk about it. New species come around with every jump, yes? That means everyone has to adjust every so often…” You can only learn from the mistakes, honestly. Unless you were to ask every new person about what they can ingest and what they cannot before serving them a drink. Hmm, such an odd thing…
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 4:27 pm

"We are trying our best to accommodate more species every day but... well... easier said than done." She let out a sight, clearly frustrated at their situation. It felt like an uphill struggle, specially whenever there was a new jump. They managed to serve a few species though. "Ever since the incident we have added a section on the menu with the composition of the ingredients that we use... Though we were unable to repair the damage, i'm pretty sure that guy shit talks about us to everyone he meets... accusing us of being speciest or something." That certainly didn't help with their client problem but still, they had enough to get by.

The bartender would lean on the wall while watching Onyx having his drink, she'd remain quiet for a while until something popped on her mind.

"Mind if i ask you a question? Why don't you wear glasses? Or use something else to correct your sight problem, i'm sure you could find something in Junction."

Last edited by Albrecht on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Onyx Rhine

“Sounds like someone could use a chill pill. Everyone makes mistakes, and it doesn’t sound like he had died. I’m sure not everyone would believe one man’s opinion though.” And besides, the customers themselves could practice a bit of caution and ask about a drink before consuming it without a care in the world. Can’t really expect that everyone knows every race in the existence perfectly. It’s kind of impossible, in all honesty.

Nevertheless, he would take a few more sips of his drink before pausing as he heard the woman ask an additional question. “Ah, well I used to be completely blind in the past. I’ve managed to get my sight to be the way it is now by being a splicer. I’m not certain whether glasses would help me much. It’s rather specific. If there is something, it would likely be rather expensive.”, he would shake his head slightly. “It’s only close up though. I see perfectly into the distance. Better than most, actually.” The former half of it sucked, but he had kind of learnt to deal with it by now. It was better than not seeing at all, after all.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 2:44 pm

"Likely not, but still not good for Heaven's Door image." She'd twirl the tip of one of her twintails around her finger as she spoke. Blake agreed with Onyx wholeheartedly though, Heaven's Door even offered to compensate the guy somehow after the incident... yet he refused and continue to sneer at the staff, guess they were just stuck up and entitled."Still, life goes on... The few clients we do have are pretty 'faithful', so that's neat."

She'd nod along as Onyx answered, it was silly of her to assume it could be just fixed with regular cheap glasses. Otherwise he'd have done by now. At least he could see well from afar.

To drink or not to drink? [Blake] HNgQdix
"Should i stand a few meters away while holding the menu for you next time?"

She chuckled, he didn't seem like the type who would mind such jokes so she felt the liberty to do so.

"Is there anything else you would like, Onyx?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Onyx Rhine

"Good for you then. If you've got a couple customers already, you can surely get more in time." The few that complained could just find a different place to visit if it was such a big deal for them. With so many people living in Junction, there were plenty others that could fill their place. Onyx would smirk faintly when the woman joked about the menu. "About five meters would work perfectly, yes.", he would retort, going along with it. Did she plan to actually do that? He had no idea, but he wouldn't lose anything either way, so it was fine, yes?

"Nah, not for now. Maybe next time though.", he would wave his hand when she offered him further services, drowning the rest of his drink afterwards. Once that was done, he would proceed to pay for the beverage before saying his goodbyes for now.
~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To drink or not to drink? [Blake]   To drink or not to drink? [Blake] Empty

Back to top Go down

To drink or not to drink? [Blake]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next