Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
"Gear"

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) 510-65

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) Empty
PostSubject: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 3:53 pm

"No, why doesn't it... Urgh. I just don't understand. None of these test results make any sense!" A distressed voice could be heard from within the Splicing Shop through a door to the backroom. Dime was busy throwing papers left and right over a very messy workstation as multiple different vials of chemicals and liquids sat a top another table. The stressed out scientist would suddenly grab at a specific sheet and read through its context haphazardly, his eyes darting from one part of its explanation to the other to check if it was the missing link he had been searching for. Yet to no avail. Rubbing his blue furred forehead for a brief moment to try and subdue the pounding headache he had given himself after seemingly countless nights of no sleep. Dime would suddenly throw on his lap coat once more, crunching the paper in his hand as an idea sprung in his mind, there was one last thing he could think of testing. He prayed and prayed this experiment would provide any sort of insight for him, he just had to make sure everything he did was perfect... "Come on... This needs to be it... It has to be..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 7:05 am

Onyx Rhine

It's certainly been a good while since he came by this place. Normally, he had no urgent reason to be doing such a thing, but this strange voice message that happened before that recent battle prompted him to try and investigate. Onyx was pretty sure that the voice he had heard had to be the one who was heading these splicing operations. Even if not by the voice itself, the words that were spoken about how it should have just been a method of expressing individuality and the like pointed towards it quite clearly. Who else would it be after all?

Stopping by the shop's entrance, the pale man would knock on the door twice before opening it and poking his head in. ''Is it open right now?''

~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 8:57 pm

"Yes, yes, yes! I think we're getting somewhere with this one..."

The fizzing and bubbling of some strange greeny, orange liquid would be hissing away rather loudly and quite audible alongside Dime's words as the scientist continued to talk to himself about his studies, not even remotely taking in the sound of someone calling if the place was open or not. In no way trying to be rude, just with his lack of sleep and pure unbroken concentration on the task at hand he'd simply not heard the call at all. "Okay, this is progress. Though why the results differ depending on what order the chemicals are added seems off. These shouldn't even react with one another until they are all together, so why does the order prior matter. Okay, now for the last piece to finish th-"

As the final ingredient of whatever experiment Dime was working on was dropped into the bubbling vial, there was not even a chance for the small capsule of the chemical to hit the bottom of the vial before the entire contents erupted, shattering the vial it was in with a noteworthy crack. Somehow, despite his sleep deprived mind not working at full speed, Dime still managed to move himself out of the way just in time before any of the vials contents touched him in anyway. "Urrgghh..." Stressed, confused and worried to death about what he had caused. Dime fell backwards to sit resting against a counter with his head cupped in his hand, sobbing lightly. "It makes no damn sense!"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Onyx Rhine

Ah well, so much for attempting a polite entry. It would seem that he wasn’t being noticed that way. At the very least though, the sounds coming from the inside proved that someone was indeed there, so Onyx technically didn’t need his answer anymore. Or at least half of it, as this did not tell him whether the place was open for customers. Still, he had tried…so, the only option now was to be more attention grabbing.

Walking inside, he would cautiously make his way towards where he was hearing the voice and sounds from, deciding to try once again. “Hey, are you alright there?”
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 3:01 pm

"Huh?" The blue canine like man would look up and quickly push himself to his feet and wipes away a stray tear from his eye as if it was never there, taking a quick deep breath in and out to gain his composure. "I'm sorry about that, I must look a mess." He'd say apologetically with a very soft voice. "I was on the verge of a breakthrough, but alas, it seems to require further testing." He'd let out a short chuckle, trying to make light of the situation when a clear tone of defeat could be heard lingering. "Are you in need of something?"

Flicking a light on to illuminate the room better from its previously rather dark appearance, Dime would notice who it was that had came into his lab. "O-oh... I remember you... Uh, Onyx, was it?" The scientist would sigh briefly as he picked up and flicked through a few pieces of paper on his desk before stopping on one and reading through it. "Yes, yes. You were the one who was spliced with a Crowned Owl, if I'm not mistaken it was in effort to gain your vision back? Or at least gain it in general." Reading further into one of the background checks he had on Onyx's splicing operation, he'd scowl slightly in confusion at something before shaking his head off and looking up once again. "Are you... Here because of the incident? Were you... One of the people affected? I'm, so, so desperately sorry if you are."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Onyx Rhine

Well, it would seem that this time he did get actually noticed, which was a good thing as Onyx was not sure it would have ended well if he had to use unorthodox methods to get noticed. It would also mean that something was likely wrong, although based on the situation it was nevertheless. Narrowing his black and white eyes slightly, the pale man would observe the sight in front of him thoughtfully. “I see. Are you doing some scientific experiments then?” Probably related to what was happening these days, he’d guess. Otherwise the guy would probably not be as distressed about it as he was.

Closing his eyes for a moment as the sudden light came, his eyes not really enjoying the switch a whole lot as he was more accustomed to the darkness, he would nod slightly. “That would be me, yes.” Well, that saved him the need of introducing himself, albeit he would have to wonder what was up if the one in head of the splicing forgot the people he had done it on. Regardless, he would open his eyes back up as he got accustomed to the light, debating how to address the other questions. Well, the man seemed to know already, so it probably wouldn’t hurt to be honest about it. Offering the blue furred man a faint smile, he would let his powers show, his claws and wing appearing.

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) UeKKUga

“Yes, though I don’t think you really need to be sorry for it. After all, most of us would be dead thanks to those monsters that appeared if we didn’t have a way to oppose them. You were the one saying things during the incident, weren’t you? I came to see what it is you know about it. Curiosity, you could say.”
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 pm

With a tired look in his eye, Dime would look around at the mess of a lab the two found themselves in. There was papers everywhere, vials toppled over on various worktops. Blueprints and confusing looking equipment all jumbled up into some horrific mess that even someone who loved to live in their own filth would cringe slightly at. The man would let out a shy smile, trying to hide him clear embarrassment. "Is it really that obvious?" He'd joke at first, lowering his head slightly. "I have been working near non-stop this past week on experiments, yes. I've been... Trying my hardest to figure this all out, though the results make no sense. Something about that jump last week just seemed to... Change. Everything. I don't get it."

The blue eyelids of the canine like scientist would open slightly more than they'd been before, so it had affected them too... Better yet, they didn't seem angry or upset about the situation it had forced them into either. Hmm... "Do you mind?" He'd ask politely before stepping over to Onyx to inspect the wing that the guy had just made appear, humming to himself with interest as he gently pulled at one of the feathers. "I was, yes." His response caused him to pause in his inspection for a moment as his mind trailed off for but a moment. "Though, I didn't expect anyone would actually hear it."

Turning around to head back to his station, he'd open up an overhanging wall cupboard and searched for something inside. "Onyx my boy, I once again apologize for all this, regardless of if you don't want me to or not. Though, I must ask and feel free to say no but this could be very helpful to my research." With an ominous pause, he'd suddenly grab out at what he was looking for and turn back to the horned man with quite an unsettlingly large needle in his paws. "You see, a blood sample from someone who's been affected by this whole mess... Could provide some crucial missing links in data."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Onyx Rhine

Hmm. Well, Onyx was no scientist, so he couldn’t contribute much to this. After all, it’s not like he knew much about the origin of these sudden powers anyway. It kind of just happened, with no clear explanation as to why it existed, and why it chose them exactly. He would tilt his head a bit. “Perhaps it’s something new? It would make sense that you can’t figure it out if it’s a phenomenon that has not existed before.” Or at least, not on Junction specifically. There was no saying whether this was the only case in the universe or not, but they could only work with what was available to them after all.

No, he wasn’t upset about it. It’s not like it harmed him in any way, and while it was certainly a strange thing, he couldn’t say it bothered him much. It seemed to help one stay alive in case of being attacked, so it was technically being even beneficial, despite its status of mystery. “Go ahead.”, he would nod at the canine man. As long as he remained in one piece and alive, he could deal with a bit of inspection. Even he would like to know what was the cause of this, so there was no reason for him to go against the idea of research. The more information was uncovered, the better they could deal with all this new stuff in their lives. “Well, looks like you succeeded.” Though whether everyone affected but this heard it, he didn’t know.

When the man turned around with a large needle, Onyx would blink a few times, not having expected that right off the bat before his expression turned into a more contemplative one. Well…it’s not like it would kill him, right? “As long as you don’t take all of it…sure. It would be best to know what causes this after all.”
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

With a mildly reassured smile, Dime would nod towards Onyx's comment. It was certainly nice to hear someone speak about this whole situation in a rational light, unlike most others who simply expect far too much of him and demand results when not everything can be solved so simply. Yes, he was one of the top scientists on Junction, not that he liked to brag about that title. Yet it didn't mean that he could instantly figure out all these strange new anomalies that appear when entering an entirely new dimension. This was simply nothing like any one had ever seen before, where was the guy even to start when no previous information was documented on such events? It was blind guess after blind guess, honestly he was surprised how far some of his experiments had gotten him thus far.

Dime would chuckle light heartedly. "Of course, even a little would be enough in reality. It's just having backups is always important. You never know how many shots you may get at achieving what you set out for, nor how many times it could all go wrong. Heh." Delicately, the scientist would ask for Onyx to take a seat and try to hold still as he pierced the needle into the guys upper arm. Drawing out a fair amount of blood but not enough to actually cause any ill effects to Onyx himself. Inspecting the blood inside the needle afterwards, Dime would carefully place the needle into a hold as to not have it be knocked over later. Keeping his attention to the horned man instead of throwing himself back into experiments like he usually would. "So... Tell me my boy. Is there anything else weird that happened since... All this? Anything else of note you think was out of the ordinary or would be interesting to note? Or better yet, do you have any questions for me? Sometimes others asking questions that concern them can get me to think about things in ways I usually wouldn't, which has proven to be very useful in the past."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Onyx Rhine

Well, as great as perfect results would indeed be, Onyx wasn’t the type of person to believe big events would be understood in a split second. If that was how it worked, tragedies would be avoided and wrapped up quickly all the time, which certainly did not seem to be the case. Of course, he still did hope that the truth would come to light sooner than later, but that was what anyone would do.

“Back ups, huh? Are the experiments you do dangerous?” Well, this office sure looked like quite the mess so it wasn’t out of question. Hopefully though, the guy wasn’t going to kill himself while trying to figure out what was happening. In any case, the horned man would take his seat, looking at a random spot to the side while the man did the thing. Thankfully, he couldn’t feel too much pain, but he would rather not watch himself get poked into. Hm. “I can’t really say much about other weird things, but I am pretty sure that there are others with very similar powers that are not splicers. So it means that my kind is not the only one to have been affected by this. Have you tried researching outside of your own field? It does seem like the answer might not be specifically in these operations, but something that affected several different groups of people.” In which case, it would likely require more people to work together at figuring out the root of it all.
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 pm

With the question of the dangers of his work being pulled up, Dime would seem to smile and lose focus for a moment as if the very thought was bringing back some kind of fond memory to the guy. "Ah yes. By all means not every experiment has to be dangerous, though there are many others that do pose a threat. Then there is times where experimentation must go on even in a field that has no documented history. At that point its pot luck if we get a break through, a disaster, an explosion or simply no effect at all." Shaking his head, the canine-esk scientist would take a seat, resting his elbows on the seats armrests whilst placing his paws under his chin as he thought about Onyx's answer.

The thought process seemed to take the man quite a lot longer than any previous times he had fell silent for a moment. Dime would be staring downwards at the floor, his eyes slowly trailing left and then right as if reading something that wasn't even there. A small scowl began forming on his face as his eyes narrowed. "Those idiots..." He'd eventually whisper, more so to himself as if he had forgotten there was even anyone else in the room with him. Eventually though, he would look back up at Onyx with a kind of face that showed he was trying to hide back his anger. "So, what you are telling me is. You are in belief that there are others, whom are not splicers, that have the capability of becoming these so called Seekers. Am I correct?" Unlike the soft, calm voice that the man had been using this whole conversation, Dime voice was now stern and strict. Almost reminiscing the voice you'd use to tell off a misbehaving child.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Onyx Rhine

Well, Onyx wasn’t about to try and protest that. Sometimes, experiments did have to be done in the name of discovering new possibilities. Besides, danger could be found even in the simplest of stuff that happens every day, without it even having to be related to suspicious experimenting at all. “I see. Is there any specific goal behind the experiments you do, or is it just to create new things?” Sure, there was the whole focus on splicing apparently, but was there anything more behind it all?

That aside, the next subject seemed to have become a whole lot more interesting all of a sudden, and the horned man would cock his head slightly as he watched the canine man get kinda angry. It sure made him wonder why. Was there something wrong with the Seekers not being only the ones that have been spliced? Yes, it made tracking down the origin of the powers harder, but that was the only tangible con. “Yes. I’ve seen others with powers, and clearly not all of them are actually splicers. It seems the fact bothers you though. Why?” Was there a good reason for that?
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

"Oh there are many different reasons as to why experimentation must go on." Dime would begin with a light chuckle. "Sometimes it is for self improvement, others it is for the benefits of those that live here on Junction. You see, not all breakthroughs have to be monumental or even result in anything good. Sometimes, it is simply best that something horrific is discovered under controlled environments. We wouldn't want those nasty events happening by accident on the streets do we? Not like..." He'd pause and shake his head lightly. "Not everything is perfect though. Everyone can make mistakes and flukes are bound to pop up every so often."

A sound almost reminiscent of a low growl would fill the room for just a moment before Dime realized it was happened and controlled himself. "Yes. This information does bother me. Very much in fact. When this all first went down, I was told that Splicers had begun becoming seekers all around Junction. No one was sure why and I was tasked in finding out specifically why, obviously being the person who knows the most about this field I agreed. Yet none of them ever told me this spread further than just Splicers. This information could be vital to figuring this all out, it could possibly be nothing to do with Splicers at all if anyone has started obtaining these powers!" The mans voice would get clearly more agitated as his speech went on before ultimately stopping himself again to calm himself back to a reasonable tone. "I have to thank you for bringing this information to my attention, however, this means I have a lot more work ahead of me. Unless you have anything else important to ask, or more information to share. I would like to get back to my work."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Onyx Rhine

“I suppose that is true. If mistakes never happened, this much chaos wouldn’t be happening now either. Seems like we can never actually know everything there is to know.” Onyx would not somewhat contemplatively at that. Well, he could understand that the nature of science was fickle to begin with, so experiments not always going the way one expected them to was kind of bound to happen. As long as too many didn’t get hurt by them, it was probably more of a good thing in the end.

Black and white colored eyes would blink as he moved one hand to tuck a bit of his hair behind an ear. How odd that this guy was getting so riled up by this piece of information. And even odder that half-truths were apparently circulating around for whatever reason. There’s no way that those who knew that Splicers were getting powers never got a whiff of the fact that other types of people did as well. This was very likely an intentional cover up. Did they do it to motivate the man to research this, or was there a deeper reason…? “Strange. I wonder why would they withhold such information. I do think there probably are requirements to manifest such powers, and not everyone might be able to, but lying about it only affecting Splicers specifically sounds like a derail. They had to know it wouldn’t get solved without the proper information…” The pale skinned man would shake his head. “Heh, well, I wish you good luck with this then. It would definitely be of benefit to everyone if we could figure out the reason behind the mystery. Perhaps I’ll stop by in the future to see how it goes.”, he’d state, giving Dime a nod before he opted to head out with a wave of his hand. He could have stayed to chat more, but it sounded like neither of them got anything smart figured out yet. Thus he might as well leave the scientist to the job for the time being. Even knowing that people were spreading incomplete information was an interesting thing to learn…

~Exit~
~~~~
Back to top Go down
"Gear"

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Not everything can be solved by yourself, taking in outside perspectives can commonly lead to new discoveries.

The Gears of Fate are ever turning

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) FCxhBi5

Onyx of the Devil and Dime of the Priestess have forged a bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)   Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx) Empty

Back to top Go down

Science Rests For No One (NPC Thread For Onyx)
Page 1 of 1