Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Takehaya, Noriko (PU)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uravity

Uravity

Takehaya, Noriko (PU) Empty
PostSubject: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 am

Takehaya, Noriko

Takehaya, Noriko (PU) Person10

"Anime is the spice of life!"

The Biography

Birth Name: Takehaya, Noriko
Aliases: Kitsune (Online, Secret Alias)
Birth Day: February 25th
Arcana: Hermit
Place of Residence: Endymion City > Little Tokyo
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: Homeschooled
Class:

Sorority: Drama (Background tech-support)

Part/Full Time Job: Programming, Hacking(Secret)

Appearance: Noriko is a teen of underwhelming stature. The teen stands at approximately five feet, perhaps a bit lower. Her weight is about one hundred pounds. She has light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her figure is slim, suggesting an extreme lack of brawn. Short bangs cover the teen's forehead. Her hair falls to waist-length. It's mildly unkempt usually, but still relatively presentable. Large, black, thin-rimmed, glasses can usually be seen on her face. An oversized jacket with a sizable amount of pockets are usually worn.

Alternate Appearance: Noriko wears a white porcelain mask. It vaguely takes the shape of a kitsune-ninneko(ninja cat) hybrid. Furthermore, the mask has black whisker-like markings in-graved into the mask. She wears a colorful battle kimono. It has long sleeves, and the primary colors are red and yellow. On her feet are fashionable geta, along with socks.

alternate appearing clothing/shoes reference:

Personality: Noriko is a quiet teen who keeps to herself. She's a smart youth with a knack for and interest in technology. The Takehaya is not a very sociable youth; not at all, even on the occasion that she does go into public. She doesn't attract much interest (or at least not intentionally). Cosplaying is just one of her many interests, though it's often done in the safety of her own room. Her true loves would be anime and manga. A secondary love would be science-fiction. Noriko has a love for the arts in general (namely drama), though wouldn't be an actress due to her inferior acting ability and the attention that it'd come with.

The Potential

Strengths

Strength Name: Natural-Born Wit
Description: Noriko's got innate intellect that sets her apart from the lot. [+1 rank intelligence.]

Strength Name: Inherent Hacker
Description: Noriko was BORN to hack! It'll come easier to her than most. [+1 rank intelligence]

Strength Name: Quick Learner
Description: Noriko picks up on concepts quickly, greatly increasing the rate that she can understand technology and the world around her. [Doubles exp generated for intelligence stat]

Strength Name: Your escape must be swift!
Description: A vast amount of Japanese folkore, anime, and manga have taught Noriko that a swift escape is necessary. This has influenced her to be a generally faster person. [Doubles distance travelled in dungeons]

Strength Name: Mobile Hacker
Description: This character is exceptionally skilled at hacking to a degree where they can hack on smart devices! It adds a new layer of discretion to their hacking, and opens up various opportunities.

-----

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses

Weakness Name: Asocial
Description: Noriko isn't very social at all, she'll have a hard time increasing her charisma and becoming a 'people person' overall. [Halves the Expression exp generated]

Weakness Name: Never a 'people person'
Description: "I-I've got internet friends!" -- Noriko's potential social ability will never be as great as others, due to the extensive time she spends alone or without real people. The chances of her becoming exceptionally socially affluent are slim. [Caps maximum Expression rank at 3]

Weakness Name: Second Time's The Charm
Description: It'll take Noriko a little more effort than usual to evolve past even the most basic of charisma levels. [must max out rank 1 expression twice to get to rank 2]

Weakness Name: Brain over Brawn
Description: Noriko's not the strongest, physically, by any means. It's sure to show in combat. [-10% to dex, soul weapon damage]

Weakness Name: D-Don't Touch That!
Description: Mobile hacking's great, when you've got your programs already installed. The removal or destruction of this person's primary smart device will require them to create their hacking programs on another smart device, unless they get the item back. Restoring their programs is a time consuming process.

-----

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon

Weapon Name: Sentai Blade
Weapon Description: A simple lengthy blade often found in japanese folklore. It's approximately two feet and ten inches long.
Weapon Image:
blade:
Weapon Attack Type: Slash

Side-Arm Weapon

Side-Arm Name: Blaster Pistol
Side-Arm Description: Contrary to the japanese-ish style being developed, Noriko's gun of choice is a futuristic science-fiction blaster that you'd probably see in star wars.
Side-Arm Image:
gun:
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Revolver - Single Shot

The Background

History
      Seperated from what seems to be at birth, Noriko didn't know her parents very well at all. She and her older brother were abandoned at young ages. With no known family, they were automatically put into the adoption system. Their first pair of adoptive parents were, in short, rotten to the core. They didn't care much about Noriko and her brother themselves, but more-so the fact that they'd become more envied and respected for taking children into their homes. There was mainly emotional abuse, which caused Noriko's confidence to rapidly decline as a youth and become asocial as a result. The only person who she could confide in was her brother, until one day he'd disappeared. Her adoptive parents didn't even search, and told Noriko that his disappearance was her fault. This caused Noriko to believe that she'd only hurt everyone whom she'd care about enough for them to abandon her, causing her to cease to care for others (or atleast make her care known) -- only making her further asocial. The goal of this was to help both herself and those she'd cared about.

And then one day, soon after the disappearance of her brother, Noriko's adoptive parents had sent her back into the foster system. That experience surely hadn't been pleasant for Noriko, being abandoned yet again, but she didn't form much of an emotional attachment with Noriko. Her following adoptive parents had been relatively affluent, giving them a place in the upper-middle class. They were far more caring and understanding  than Noriko's previous parents, presumably partially due to the fact that they were unable to have kids themselves. The two had first gifted Noriko with an expensive laptop in an attempt to break the ice. Noriko, using the gift, had found that she had a knack for usage technology and a great interest in it aswell. It was what caused her to become a programmer and hacker(latter secret of course); she'd finally found an outlet for the intellect that she wasn't even aware existed. In the internet world, Noriko had begun to gain minor notoriety for hacking small no-name businesses and causing dismay among other websites under the alias of 'Kitsune'. This is also where she was exposed to the legendary concepts of science-fiction, anime, manga, and Japanese folklore. While Noriko does not attend school, she still attends the drama club and runs all things technical -- namely technical support, but isn't very sociable ther at all. That's probably the only time that she does leave her room -- to attend drama club. Her adoptive parents made it a necessity that she at least joined one club. While there, she'd come to adore acting; the idea of being someone else was great.

[/b]

Last edited by Uravity on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Hello, I'm Gabe.

I'll be looking over your app so please bear with me. For starters, from the way that your app stretches out, can you please put a spoiler over the sword?  Everything seems's ok, from my understanding, your intelligence social quality will be starting at rank 3.

You equaled out one of your social stats for another, giving a cap and putting in the experience quality as well.  Good Job!

I don't know why everyone does this, but the only thing you should leave blank is your floating strength/weakness, you'll never know when you get one. However, my personal recommendation is that you use up that last strength, it does not have to be mechanics related whatsoever, it could be something with your hacking skills where you can do things with your phone or something. Could be something not related to hacking.

It's your call, since you have that right to use it, but if you don't want to go through the hassle of making another weakness, I understand.

Give that sword a spoiler so the page doesn't stretch and this will have my preapproval.

P.S-  you mean -10% to dex attacks with your brains over brawn.
It's slash or pierce for the soulbound weapon. It can't do both. Once you decide on that you'll be ok.

Last edited by Gabe on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops, one more thing)
Back to top Go down
Uravity

Uravity

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 pm

i added a fifth strength + weakness !!! and thanks for looking over my app + noticing the effort put in !! all of the other mistakes were fixed up and i think it should be fine now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 11:40 pm

preapproved!

I'll inform Azami for a final look over
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am

The place of residence section is asking which district in the city your character lives in, so you should note that there. Each one has a topic that gives a brief summary of what they're like and what sort of attractions are available there stickied to their individual sections on the site. Little Tokyo and Suzie Q seem like good fits if you need any help deciding given that they'd reflect her interest in Japanese culture and the arts respectively.

You should attach a numerical value for your character's weight in the appearance section. It doesn't have to be exactly on point, just needs to be at least a rough estimate.

Your strengths and weaknesses look good for the most part now, but there is a minor thing that needs addressing. "Brain over Brawn" says that you have a 10% decrease in dex, but it's a little unclear what specifically you mean by that. Is it a decrease in the Dexterity stat itself or a decrease to the damage you inflict whenever you use your weapons? Either would suffice in my opinion, but if the latter then I'd say you could get away with it only applying to one of the weapons (i.e. you can choose whether it affects your soulbound or your gun).

It should be noted that your last strength won't have a mechanical effect on hacking in dungeons. Your character's proficiency in hacking will still be reflected though since the minigame is reliant on the Intelligence social quality, so no worries if that's a concern to you.

Everything else in your application looks great to me. Once you've made the necessary adjustments I'll approve it.
Back to top Go down
Uravity

Uravity

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:54 am

hi !! thanks for reviewing it. i think i've done the required edits, and have chosen on little tokyo. thanks for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 am

This gets my approval too then. I don't see anything else that'd need to be changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takehaya, Noriko (PU)   Takehaya, Noriko (PU) Empty

Back to top Go down

Takehaya, Noriko (PU)
Page 1 of 1