Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Gus [Junction Demon]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

Gus [Junction Demon] Empty
PostSubject: Gus [Junction Demon]   Gus [Junction Demon] EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 pm

"Life is not always easy." Says the large man as he sits on the sofa, his figure sinking, a pipe in one hand and a flower-motif teapot in other. The room is small and barely decorated, yet his robes are both clean and regal looking, a noticeable contrast considering the halls you've passed through to follow him here so you could talk in private. On a small round table lit by a single candle, the two cups, fashioned after an open lily sitting there beckon for you to join him just as he does as well by movement of hand, taking short rhythmic puffs with a pleased look on his face.

"Why yes, I do have plenty of time on my hands, but please be so kind as to not dillidally too much." He chuckles. As you sit next on the chair at the opposite side of the table, he places the pipe down and turns around to open a drawer in the cupboard next to the sofa, pulling out a sheet of papers. "Say, you require my data before I can really be born in this world, isn't that correct? In that case, very well. Just tell me one thing..." He places the papers down he glances at you from under his brow, a smile still glistening on his face. You may expect him to do something at this point, though his actual response is far more benign than anything you imagined...

Gus [Junction Demon] Marcei_by_ninjacyndaquil-dbhrol3

** Gustav Marceillo de Vittae **
"Would you care for a cup of tea as we go through the sheet together, dear? It'd be a shame if it went to waste."

The Biography

Birth Name: Gustav Marceillo de Vittae
Aliases: Gus
Birth Day: 9.9.
Species/Race Name: Incubus
Original Homeworld Name: Dreamscape
Arcana: Hanged Man
Place of Residence: Top Ward

Part/Full Time Job: Food Critic
"Hmm? I've written my job's name right here, so what seems to be the problem? Oh, so you've seen me in the Lower Wards, haha! All right, then, if you insist, I shall reveal to you a hobby of mine. Every day at sundown, I gather forgotten children unloved by fate out in the streets of the Lower Ward and read them stories...why such a look in your eye? What I do is not a crime and I assure you my literary choices are far from inappropriate, if you fear I'm trying to poison their minds. Oh stop it, haha, I merely enjoy seeing the bright smiles on their faces."

Appearance: 2,13 m/169 kg. Flamboyantly ginger locks cascading down the back, plus a beard. A proud posture adorned with robes and armor of old. Skin tone is a slightly grayish hue. Tends to wear his hair in a single braided ponytail when at home, letting it fall freely into a fiery mane otherwise.

Personality: Esteemed in both voice and poise. Tends towards the philsophical, contemplating ethics of food and indulgence in worldly pleasures. Feels on a higher position than everyone around him, yet remains stagnantly polite, even mockingly so in his act. Or maybe it isn't an act? Regardless, otherwise charismatic and loveable, albeit reclusive. Not many visitors have ever been allowed in his mansion, for one. On the other hand, when traversing the Junction's cityscape, he will heartily greet whoever means for it to be so. Enigmatic, therefore crudeless. Skewered ethical standpoint perhaps, depending from which point of view one observes existence.
Loves to eat. Loves it very much.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: *Incubation of Will*
Description: Slowly eating away at the victims, the mental disease only ever grows stronger. A demon plaguing any trace of sapiency, the lucidity within one's mind set asunder, spilled like beans. One must be wary when confronting an enemy which can bring forth ruin at that which one holds most dear.

>Enemies below 50% HP suffer a decrease in Lk by 5% for every ailment the user is currently afflicted with [note: elemental ailments don't count; caps at 20%].

Strength Name: *Lucid Dreaming*
Description: Fabric of dreams is a canvas to fill. Incubi have set characteristics, but are altered to an extent depending on what they are dreamed into. At this time, Gus is a senseless devourer. In order to fulfill this role, he became physically stronger, increasing his overall muscle force, able to tear limbs off a regular human like a twig, and crush bones with a bite for that sweet marrow. This further increases during Corruption.

>Physical Strength increasing Strength; ups Dex by 15%.

Strength Name: *Darkness hidden within dreams*
Description: Thriving on the fear of others, unbenknownst to its own, what lies within is merely what was lost beyond. Absorbing energy wasted by one's peers, one can remain forever strong.

>Grants a 2% HP recovery at the start of every turn for every ally under 50% SP, not counting the user.

Strength Name: Taste of gourmandry
Description: Being a food critic and all, Gus has built upon a career for himself, and is often invited and sent to various culinary settlements of Junction's in order to either confirm their claims of mastery or disprove them entirely. This places him in contact with many a high class parties.

Strength Name: Father figure
Description: Despite being what he is and what he was made to be, Gus was also made to be a surrogate family. The instincts are strong, and never wane. Makes him a good pillow to rest on.

-----

Racial Strength Name: **Devour**
Description: Born into being a construct meant to devoure with hate comes with its perks. Restoring one's soul is easy by devouring another's essence, crushing their very existence. It provides regeneration.

>If the user's Physical skill defeats an enemy, this strength provides restoration of SP equal to 10% of the damage dealt in the final blow [note: if multiple enemies defeated by an AoE, count all of them].

"Ah yes, at this point you must be aware of the fact I am a food critic, so devouring of food is not unknown to me. Nonsense though, I would never indulge in the barbaric rite of slaying innocents for my own belly's sake, goodness no. Haha! No, I am to enjoy the process itself. It is by no means barbaric in my eyes, whilst it might appear as such to an outside spectator. This is, however, my choice, for I am no longer directly bound by what I am dreamed into."

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: *Ethereality*
Description: Dreams fade from memory. Having no one to remember them at all makes it almost as if they'd never existed in the first place. Sure, Gus is his own being now, yet this aspect of his formulation remains.

>Decreases Pmstr by 10% when user is under 50% HP.

Weakness Name: *Mobious Refraction*
Description: Hiding under blankets is a valid method of keeping the monsters at bay. As such, it is safe to assume darkness both validates their existence as much as it repels it...or something. Let's just say Gus might've been dreamed into an entity that believed this to be true.

>Takes 10% more damage from Dark skills [note: counting Mudo in PvP].

Weakness Name: *Out of control*
Description: Being as is, to Gus it matters not who he consumes. He was broken once, now there is no way to fix him. No longer technically an Incubus, a being of nightmares, but an actual live entity, when pressured, the chain unhinges, ravaging what is left in the wake.

>Deals 10% more damage when attacking Allies.

Weakness Name: Broken morality
Description: Also knows as lack thereof. When you are what you are not, then you can also act as you may not truly wish to. When you do, however, wish to act in the way you never really could under constraints, then true madness is given ripe grounds to grow.

Weakness Name: Father figure
Description: Being a broken father figure dreamed by an abused boy is a very sickly sight to contemplate. Especially when you were also meant to eat people without remorse by said child. It's fun while it's going, but then it stops and you may or may not regret.

-----

Racial Weakness Name: **Inches from the point**
Description: Unstable at best, for all he appears, within him grows ever deeper void, consuming wasted ego itself. If one cares not of well-being, one will only sink. Incubi are this, at best, when formulated into reality, it clashing with their core existence as mere constructs, resulting in disaster under strain.

>Decreases Lk for the duration of the battle by 5% at start of each turn for every ailment suffered by the user at the time, up to the maximum of 30% decrease.

Soul Bound Weapon:

Weapon Name: The Can Openers
Weapon Description: A pair of swords looking as if they were forged from lava.
Weapon Image:
Spoiler:
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element: /

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Deep Grilled
Side-Arm Description: A heavy looking shotgun adorned with gold in a similar design of The Can Openers.
Side-Arm Image: /
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Shotgun - Scatter Shot - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo. Can shoot all enemies with one attack.

The Background

History: The man sips the tea slowly as you go through the sheet. He nods towards you every once in a while, smile everlasting, with those pupilless eyes. As you're done, he joins his hands together and adjusts his seat on the sofa.

"Backstory, you say?" He asks in a deep bariton. Noticing your cup still full, he frowns slightly, ever so slightly, and continues. "I wanted to tell it to you personally, as I read to younglings every so often. Forgive and humor an old man." He takes the pipe and relaxes. "As you must be aware, I am what a human would refer to as an Incubus, but that name is merely an arbitrary marker. Still, for the ease of use, I shall continue the term. So, let us start at the beginning. Incubi are barely what one could call a species. Instead, we are constructs that have the potential for existence but can only be brought to life by a sapient entity's needs. We reflect on their pent-up sensations and emotions, ones hidden from the public, pickled up in jars of their dreams. Oh, why yes, we are the dreams, and we are the nightmares. The concept of lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis is common. Why? It's a ritual, one that temporarily gives us bodies. Not all is pretty, though. As much as others need us, they also fear us. I've not yet visited a being whose eyes didn't writhe in fear as I rose up from the footing of their bed, only to rest my chest upon their guts. By the time morning comes they might even forget me, but the mark remains, for while we make what others do not true, we do it for ourselves more than anything else, feeding on their essences in the process. As one can assume, this often causes the one fed upon to slowly degenerate mentally and physically, until they are but a husk of their former self. Incubi require that sustenance to survive and they require vessels to further reproduce. Do not frown, please, we never indulge in what you presume unless it's needed of us. Our children are born through the dreams. Yes, we do plant them into suitable beings as they sleep or else are entered into a REM or similar state of brain function, as it varies across species. Anyways, new Incubi are born and then spread via stories. When one person reports what had happened to them, the knowledge is shared, as is the seed. Most of the young never survive as the victims either never speak or never wake up. The process is then continued.

Cruel? Might be, yet it is no different than life, really. Or would you disagree? I didn't think so.

This is where I come in. I woke up one night in a room. It was by no means a special room, it had everything one would need, but no more than that. On the bed, a boy slept. Children snore oh so peacefully. What I was dreamt into doing, though..."
The man's eyes shift to the side, or so you guess from the movement of the eyelids, as they are as blank as always, only milky whiteness. "The boy's father was abusive, the boy wanted to fight back, I appeared. Now, there exists a misconception that all that Incubi do is sleep with women and bear them witches as children, at least by christian demonology. They really do like making us demons look bad, just from a couple delusional incidents. Pah! In reality, we do so much more. It is easier to target those with irregular REM patterns, so easy to lock them into sleep paralysis...this boy wasn't paralyzed. He saw me, he looked at me...and he forged a pact. All demons need to forge pacts, right? At the very least I was dreamed by someone whose perception was as such, so I had to abide. My days were over at that moment. I could no longer thrive on others' fantasies, for I was trapped within this naive one, a personal monster of a child's. At first I thought I was merely to scare off the abuser, but I was wrong. I was to eat him alive. Eat him slowly. Cut him up, make him watch as I cooked and ate him bit by bit. The boy watched as well. I never learned who the mother was. After that, I continued being the child's guardian. He would tell me who he hated, and I would make sure they were ridden of." He gives a chuckle, which grows in intensity as he places a hand on his face. No longer does he address you directly. He is more entranced in the story. In the next blink of an eye, his arms are spread, him standing up, pushing the tea table off, spilling what was left on it all over the floor. You raise your feet so as to not get wet. "And I liked it. Not at first, but soon, yes, I grew into my role. Very soon. Years passed, the child grew, I remained the same. He slowly degenerated, left as nothing more than a ripped apart rag of a man. It came the time to end him too. I could feel his wish, but he would not admit it and he ran. I followed him into the tower, the tower that broke the reddened sky of his world. And I lost trace of him within. I no longer feel his heart beating, so he must've died. Yet I remain. As curious as it may be, for I am supposed to be lost now that his dream is over with...perchance it is Junction itself? Either way, I was left as is, now yearning for what that naive child yearned for as well. Food. Texture. Blood. I hunt down in the slums. It's easiest not to get caught and I can safely do it at night. Sometimes though, I do venture upwards...for there are so many different species to try. So many delicious treats waiting to be discovered! Hahaha!" His laugh is bellowing, shaking the entire room. As it ends, so does his rush, and he settles down on the couch, placing a hand on his bearded chin. "Excuse the mess, I lost my manners. I believe you won't be missing the spilt tea either way, so not much was lost. I also hope you liked my story." He raises an eyebrow at you and smiles. A shiver runs down your spine as you gather the papers, careful not to turn your back on him. He watches you as you leave, and waves you goodbye. You exit the large mansion, the large empty mansion.

-----------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

Gus [Junction Demon] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gus [Junction Demon]   Gus [Junction Demon] EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Analyzing Character Data

All Requirements Met.

Congratulations New Citizen Of Junction, ID #GLT7563929 Otherwise Known As Gustav Marceillo de Vittae.

Welcome To Existence.
Back to top Go down

Gus [Junction Demon]
Page 1 of 1