Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Matters of Spirit [Pen]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pitherine

Pitherine

Matters of Spirit [Pen] Empty
PostSubject: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue May 30, 2017 5:24 am

Day 4
Morning/Lunch

It was normally easy to sleep. So tired, so sore that even dreams seemed fleeting strangers on their way elsewhere. Being tired was normal as well, yet it seemed different. Until this morning Esra would have said that not a lot scared her, hell she’d still say that to anyone. It was less true though. The last few days have been like it, that she had gotten up on the wrong side of her bunk. That wisps of dark colour would flicker just out of her vision, that shadows seemed to twist in the morning sun. That there was almost a dull haze, faint, not there before was it? On top of that a nun carrying a coffin around that didn’t seem to strike anyone else as weird, was she going crazy?

It seemed the sort of things that a mad person would see, yet, she didn’t feel any different. No headaches, no more tired than normal. If she was if she was to go to a doctor then there would be questions. If they thought she was going mad then she’d be sat in a room with some quack who’d try to dig at all the things she was hiding. That. She’d rather go mad than have to deal with all of that, she would go mad. Same with her friends, by the way I’m seeing things, is that normal? No, it was up to her. In the break between classes Esra went to the library and picked out a few that seemed the most relevant to her situation. ‘Human Psychology 101', ‘Unlocking the Mind’ and ‘Spirits: Friends and Foes’. The last one was on the returns trolley and was taken only with reluctance. That sort of thing was stupid, no one believed in it. Yet, it wasn’t like she’d actually read anything about that sort of thing before.

Heading back to class she made up her mind to do some reading during lunch, the books held against her chest. In uniform Esra looked mostly unremarkable. Tall but not overly so, imposing with red eyes and black hair. That hair hung down low on her back and swished a little with each step, her back straight, eyes front. Being aloof, strict but still being just social enough meant most people just thought she was mean. That kept stupid and annoying people away, meant there weren’t so many questions and most people were not all that interested in her. The concern she had was getting through school, getting a job and just keep on staggering forwards.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Pendleton had settled down with his laptop, during his brief period of freedom, typing quickly. He intended to get a head start on his story for this weekend, so he could use the time for other things. Endymion was a nice place, but there were a few odd things that needed more investigation. Like the Cadets...there was just something inherently odd about them, even if he couldn't quite put his finger on it. His curiosity was getting the best of him, but in Horror Stories there was ALWAYS something to be gained by looking into things that didn't involve...wait, no, that ended with death.

He shook his head with a bit of frustration, shoving his laptop away with a loud huff, before taking a breath. It was fine...he could just get it finished during the week. He wished he had the time to make an actual novel to be published, but for now, the works he sent in to a somewhat popular occult magazine payed well, and got him more exposure in the US. It would help when it finally came time for him to publish a real novel again. It wasn't as though his time in the US hadn't given him a lot of ideas for writing though. Really, muse was everywhere. There were just...questions that needed answering, if only because he had been heavily focused on his studies.

Her got up and began walking, thinking to himself, until he passed by a girl holding...several interesting books. Those titles were a bit odd...even though she seemed a bit...aloof, he couldn't help but ask. "Oh, are you interested in the occult?"
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue May 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Esra walked in her own world. The mumble of people chattering and moving, a grey wave of sound that washed around her. Rare enough for people to try to talk to her when she didn't expect them to that she didn't hear a question until after the fact. Two steps after. Her turn was with a slow grace that mixed with the bemused scowl across her face did little to countenance her demeanour. The question when it finally sank it was exactly the last one she wanted to hear.

She had been so against picking up the book purely on the grounds that even looking at it would make people think she was going mad. Normal people didn't have an interest in spirits and for that mater nor did she. She wanted nothing to do with them at all, she should have never taken it. Turning her annoyance towards the young man that spoke, "No." Eyes thinning and her tone foul, too much. Stuffing her feelings down into the well that kept them she expanded slightly more politely, "I don't know anything about," What did occult mean, magic right? "That." Trailing off a little she shifted the books against her chest and took him in.

Blonde hair, bye eyes, slim, freckled, four eyes. He had to be staring at her pretty hard to notice the books, why was that? Just being a creep? That made him want to ignore him and keep on working, stuff like that wasn't worth her time. Yet, the situation was unsettling. Esra normally worked everything out for herself, asking for help was weird. It wouldn't exactly hurt to talk to him for a moment though.

Looking like the idea revolted her she took a breath, "Do you?" Trying to sound casual while also trying to speak quietly enough that no one else could hear. For a second her eyes focused on him before turning into the distance, checking the others around them. Dressed in uniform she looked unremarkable beyond her unpleasantness. Pleated skirt, tights and blouse. No sign that a few hours ago she was jumping rope until her knees knocked.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyTue May 30, 2017 6:56 pm

It wasn't that he had been staring at HER, really. He was just very aware of his surroundings when it came to books. Finding people with similar interests was the only way for him really to find friends, at school. And she was the first student he'd seen with books related to the occult, or horror. Well, the first that didn't also just tell him to get lost when he tried talking to them. The response wasn't THE warmest, but he would make do.

"Oh! Well, that book's probably a good start,
then. I've read that one, the spirit one, back when I was doing research for a ghost story. Sorry, I've just been looking for other people interested in the horror genre."
He admitted. It was nice to be friends with people with common interests, after all, rather than having NOTHING in common. "Sorry if I bothered you or anything. He apologized.

"Oh, yeah! I know tons of things about The Occult.
Ghost stories aren't my usual focus, but I felt like I should know a lot about it anyway. I write short stories on the weekend. It pays,
you know? And switching up genres helps a lot...considering the
magazine I write for is ABOUT the Occult, I learn a lot from there,
too."
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 2:22 pm

"I see," Esra did not really see what being a paid writer had to do with anything. Everything she wrote came across as stilted and dry, mechanically beautiful but she had no flair. Taking it as him posturing, since she had not asked about his writing after all she didn't feel impressed. Normally she might have left it at that, letting him bask in his own talent as a writer but, well. If he really did know a lot about the, occult then.

Dropping into the chair opposite and placing the books on her lap rather than the table. Looking around before setting him with a very serious look, "Do you believe in it, or just write about it?" She could read a horror story, but she didn't believe in it. Writers must be the same, he reads all this stuff but he doesn't think it was real, does he? Does she?
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 pm

In reality, it had just been an attempt to justify paying attention to her books, and to assure her he knew about the Occult. However, he had a tendency to ramble, and end up off track... "Oh, sorry, did I ramble again? Ugh, I didn't mean to.
I just kind of get carried away sometimes.
He shook his head.

"That's a bit of a loaded question. I don't think I can really give an answer either way, honestly. There is a LOT of proof on both sides...and after all, Demons are real...who's to say ghosts aren't real? Or that the Demon's existence proves the occult? Until I know for sure about that...b-but to make it easier, I'll just say 'not yet'." He just...wasn't entirely sure.

Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Like religion Esra tried her best to ignore the fact that demons were a thing. They didn't even feel occult to her, more like a natural disaster. Honestly like a lot of things she tried really hard not to think about them. That is what adults always said be careful and not to get involved with that sort of thing. That would be sensible, that would be lots of things. A sick feeling deep in the pit of her stomach made Esra tilt forwards a little, looking at the desk intently with her red eyes.

It was a terrible idea, she shouldn't, it was already out of her mouth in a strained whisper, "Then what do you know about demons?" It felt taboo to even consider it yet she was asking a stranger about it. What was wrong with her? What would it mean if what she was seeing, what she was feeling was because of something like that? People would dig deeper, ask her questions, she... She afraid, it was wrong. Emotionless, maybe angry but fear, she thought she had buried fear. It made her watch to punch something, her hands balling into fists.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Pendleton frowned. "Well, not that much actually.
Most information on demons is kept pretty...secret. I know they exist, and they're dangerous. I...wouldn't go looking into them too much, if I'm being honest. There are tons of other, safer things in this town to investigate."
Pendleton offered, sheepishly. He really wished he could have been of more help, but it seemed like that just wasn't happening. He wanted to ask...he really really did. However, she seemed a bit...abrasive. Or at least, slightly annoyed with him. Finally, he managed to gather enough courage to come out and ask her.

"Do...do you believe the Occult...or Demons...,may be effecting your life somehow?" He frowned. It...would explain her sudden interest, if she never had any before...and she did seem a bit desperate for information.
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Esra looked up with a fiery look directly right at him, hard and silent for a while. She just didn't know him, anything. Some weird guy who stared at people and read books, enough that he'd comment on a title. The fact that he asked the question meant that he knew, or that he knew enough. Without breaking eye contact she kept speaking in just above a whisper, "What were the other books I have?" Biting her lower lip hard enough to make pain trace across her face she sucked in breath. Her body going taught in the chair as she rose up, as tall as he was and seeming taller.

Maybe she was spelling it out for him, but she wanted to be sure where she stood right now. If he was too stupid or just hadn't noticed then she'd know by his reaction. If he knew, then she'd see. What on Earth could she do about this? Some guy she didn't know going and gossiping about her. If that happened, she'd have to destroy him, somehow. There were ways, distasteful ways.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:57 pm

"Er, not really sure...I think...one was about the mind,
and the other was a psychology book?"
Pendleton offered, with a slightly understanding look. He...believed he was starting to see what was going on here. He wasn't the gossip type though, there was enough talk about his unfortunate tumble down the stairs already. "I only really noticed the occult one..." He shook his head. He didn't know why she seemed...almost mad at him. It was an innocent enough question. "I...won't tell anyone, if that's your problem. I didn't mean to make you upset, or anything."

B-but! If you're having some kind of problem, maybe I can help you! Or at least help you study it a bit. We could get more books covered faster! Maybe we could find some sort of solution." It was starting to become clear that she was dealing with something. And since demons were real...he was inclined to help her...demon stories without help almost always ended poorly. At least in books he read.
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 pm

He sure did talk a lot, seemed to think a lot of himself. If he didn't know much about demons and it was them then how much help could he be? How much danger would she be in? God she she was being stupid, yet. Was she willing to risk anyone other than herself if she was right? No. It wasn't her place, nay she had no right to deserve anything like that. Then again, if he wanted to do it. The flip-flopping in her head was even more infuriating than he was. Get the dam thing over with, "Just, don't. I." Real cool Esra.

"Don't tell anyone, or I'll kill you."
Bile flushed up into her throat. Esra gagged and thrust her hands over her mouth, almost punching herself in the jaw as they unclenched. The fact that she was capable of making that threat, scared her as much as anything else so far. Her face paled before turning scarlet, her left hand pulling back into the air hammered into the table, making it skip in place. People turned to look, "Just, don't." Trying to fold that much anger away, it felt like everything inside her was going to burst out.

Glowering at where she hit the table, she took a breath before standing up.
Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 pm

He flinched, seemingly taken aback by the threat. "O-okay. If it's that serious, I'll just...leave you alone. Sorry for bothering you." Well, he had never been threatened with death for trying to help...He probably needed to just stay out of other people's business from that point on. He turned on his heels with a shake of his head. He should of noticed that she didn't want him around in the first place... "...You probably won't learn anything about what you're looking for from any of those books, though. They're pretty much worthless." He offered.

People really were weird in this city weren't they? He needed to keep his head down until he graduated...
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Esra folded the books hard against her chest and tried her best to keep a level head, failing. His parting words falling on deaf ears as she stalked away, her first hurting. Stomach roiling she headed back to class for the next lesson, she could hide the books in her locker for now.

As the day went on she cooled a little and gave some serious thought. There were only so many new students, writers, asking the right questions and only the most minor abuse of power, she had his name and address. If nothing else she could make sure he didn't tell anyone. Esra needed to calm down, control the situation and not lose it again. She needed a plan.

END
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Bonds could not be formed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matters of Spirit [Pen]   Matters of Spirit [Pen] Empty

Back to top Go down

Matters of Spirit [Pen]
Page 1 of 1