Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Fencing Frog? (Froger)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 5:53 pm

"Hmmm..." Frog tilted his head at Gus. On the other hand, he was quite surprised at Lui's intrusion. He told him what he had to and also removed the dummy. Frog would've been lying if he said he didn't feel pleased when Lui told him he must've been a detail-oriented person. It gave him some more confidence, although striking at an actual human was still being kinda a weird feeling.

"..." The gear was probably enough to stop any stray pokes coming from him at Lui. He certainly hoped so, else none of the attire would've actually made any goddamn sense given how shitty it was. Frog waited a moment, trying to clearly picture himself hitting Lui's chest. He pushed his torso forward with the foil in hand, hitting Lui's chest with its tip. A droplet of sweat fell from his chin behind the mask. He was actually quite worried he would've hit Lui's face or something, but it turned out fine. It was a relief, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 6:22 pm

(after the nightmare that was a full time job and summer school...)
While Frog seemed nervous about striking Lui, the following thrust properly aimed at his chest indicated that he was getting more familiar with his striking range. Lui nodded with his mask and allowed Frog to take more attacks to find the comfortable way to attack. Then, once Frog was getting a good rhythm going, Lui decided to snap him out of his repetitive movements by parrying the attack with a swift swat of his blade and touching Frog square in his chest with his foil. Sure, it might've surprised Frog, but Lui's lunging position would make a panicked counter do little more than swat at the air. He got back onto his feet and spoke with confidence and clarity.

"Good stuff, Frogerio, good stuff. You got the basic lunging down, so I'd say we could work on parrying said attacks next... Oh, looks like we've got about another 30 mins left in club before the club's officially dismissed. Doesn't stop us from training afterwards, but you probably have places to be...

Now, for a parry, the key is to strike the blade to move it to he outside. A blade in the left hand should be knocked to the left to allow you more open space to strike the body. You saw how my parry was short and strong? Try doing the same motion to me while I attack you. Don't worry, I'm taking it slow so you get the feel for it. Ready?"

Lui would begin taking slower but forceful thrusts at Frog. He wanted him to put force into his parry to make sure plenty of space was available for a counterattack, so Lui wouldn't be knocked away with weaker force...
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 8:20 pm

It felt good to get some praise, for whatever, really. Frog responded to Lui's nod with a nod of his own, continuing his striking with more or less proper precision. It still felt like only luck to him, but it was getting easier. He couldn't relax though, as he knew the moment his confidence grew he'd propably mess it up.
So taken was the young man in his striking that the other's parry caught him completely off guard. He had to grip the foil extra hard to keep it from falling out of his hand, and the tin point, a flash of Lui's foil pressed itself against his chest, keeping him from moving until the other finally removed the blade.

"Heh." Frog chuckled bitterly. "Ya caught me off guard. Should've been expecting this in a fencing club." He jested a bit, standing upright to relax his posture. Continuous striking made him feel a bit stiff, especially the leg muscles. Doing a couple quick steps in the spot made it better, though. "I don't really have any places to be..." Under the mask, he diverted his eyes. "But I think 30 more minutes will do just fine for my first time, don'tcha agree?" Either way, it was his time to parry now, and parry he shall. It was harder, though. Frog returned to his pose with the foil to the front, waiting Lui's slow strike. He didn't know which part of the opponent's foil he was supposed to aim for to parry properly and this hesitation resulted in him not doing any movement the first time Lui would strike.  "W-wait a sec. Where am I supposed to hit your sword to knock it away?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Lui couldn't help but smirk under his mask when Frogerio reacted in surprise to his well-timed counter. It wasn't often Lui could pull off such a quick touch with how well his students learned his tricks, not counting the ones he would always keep in his back pocket. Still, 30 minutes would be enough to get him the practice of parrying. With that, the basics would be taught and the foundation of Frog's fencing ability would be established.

"Congrats, you learned the most important lesson in this class I have to offer. Even when you're winning, don't let your guard down. All it takes is one lapse in concentration to give your opponent the point. Either way, you're improving nicely.

Hmm? As in the place on my weapon or what direction to strike? Ah well, I'll explain both. For the position, let's say if you hit the hilt, you've gone too far. I'd say along the midsection would work the best. The important factor of it is not to extend your blade like a thrust. Keep it in relaxed position, like you would for your normal stance. Now, it's a quick flick to the side, but do it with force, like an one-inch punch. As for which direction, you want to slap it so that the sword moves away from the body. That way, a majority of their body is exposed to an attack. Now, let's do a few more rounds before club wraps up.

You interested in coming for another class? Believe me, I can mold you into a great swordfighter."
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Frog listened intently to what Lui had to say. That was usually how it went with him-he was generally uninterested to begin something new, but when he did start, he would always see it to the end with as much attention he could. Usually the deciding factor for him leaving an activity were the people mocking him and ridiculing him and generally being better than him-a sensation he purely disdained. With Lui, that wasn't the case. Sure, he prodded every now and then, but Frog could handle it. Also...prod...like with a fencing sword.
Yeah, it was a horrible pun, but thinking it up made a smile creep up on his face.

Regardless, taking his foil to his hand, he nodded to Lui to continue the practice. It took a few tries for him to finally make the right move, but when he did, he pushed Lui's blade away from his body. In that moment, he could see the entirety of Lui's torso burst into view-easy prey, but far from his capabilities. It shone as he focused on it, droplets of sweat taking hours to finally rain upon the matter floor.

And he was done for the day.
Taking the mask off, Frog ran a hand through his hair to pull it out of his face and looked at Lui for a moment before looking away. "I could probably come by again." He muttered, but it sounded true, and Lui would be able to tell Frog was being serious.
With that out of the way, Frog went on with his day. It was a fun and new experience. He actually appreciated it, especially now that he was a Pee Tee. It would certainly help his combat abilities.

[Frog - exit]
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Lui couldn't see the grin on Frog's face, but he could feel it, mostly because he too was grinning under his mask. Slowly but surely, Frog was learning. He could spy his weakness and, if he was more prepared for it, could have easily followed with a thrust. At the same time, Lui was learning Frog. There was more to his disinterested mumbles and lack of interest. Perhaps there was something else to him that Lui could find...

Whipping off his mask with Frog, the light perspiration on Lui's face made it gleam in the light as the members left for the club. Frog was looking away, but he still said he would probably come again. "Probably". In Frog's words, that probably meant he was interested but found it hard to say what he really felt. Lui smiled, patting his shoulder and seeing him off.

"I look forward to your next visit, Frogerio. I get the feeling we're going to be good friends.
Once the club members packed up and left for the day, Lui would be folding away the mats and putting up the weapons with Ms. Kamizura before he left as well.

"Little by little... I'm starting to see the man you are, Frogerio."
~Lui [EXIT]~
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Saito Lui of the Magus and Frogerio Philip Zander of the Jester have strengthened their bond to Rank 2...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fencing Frog? (Froger)   A Fencing Frog? (Froger) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Fencing Frog? (Froger)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2