Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

We have a fencing club? (Open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

We have a fencing club? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:25 pm

"Why do I need to be out here? Nobody even knows we exist."
This thought kept cycling through Lui's head as he walked around the school with fliers for the Fencing Club, a box of tacks, and a spare tape roll. He was dressed in his white fencing outfit, his fencing saber tucked at his side. He wiped a few stray leaves off his suit and continued his path.

After posting a few more fliers outside the Sorority Hall, he sat down on the bench right in the courtyard, hoping to take a rest before another grueling round of the school. He glanced at one of the fliers again, re-examining the details he included on it.

Join the fencing club!
*No Experience Necessary - Learn from the Academy's Best!*

*Enter national and local tournaments to win incredible cash prizes!*

*$25 entry fee - Fencing gear and foil included*

Meets every Tuesday after school - Flexible attendance

See Ms. Kamizura for more details

"Well, I wish we could actually get into some more national tournaments, but attendance is on the decline. Not as many people dedicated to fencing as opposed to, say, Martial Arts. It's practically the same premise, so why are we losing the students' interest? I'll tell you why. Nobody has the time to dedicate time to this kind of club. We needed to add the "Flexible attendance" phrase just to make it more viable for an outside activity."

As Lui looked up from the flier, he noticed the amount of students leaving the school building and sprung into action, putting on an earnest smile and walking into view of the students, hoping somebody's intrigue would bring them to talk with him.

"Anybody interested in learning more about the fencing club?"
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm

We have a fencing club? (Open) Frog2_by_ninjacyndaquil-db2vi5p
"..."

Frog stood in the courtyard of the academy. Countless people passed him by with every second, without a glance. But he was sort of enjoying the silent solitude after these long night shifts as a Terrorist. Something caught his eye as he observed the world move from his immobile standpoint-som guy with fliers. Dressed in that dumb looking thing fencers wore. Was he even allowed to have a weapon with himself at the academy?

Shrugging, Frog walked over to the guy and took a flier from him without a word. He sized it over, internally facepalming at both the stupid promises it made and the stupidly high admission fee for something that only happened once a week, and flexibly, on top of all that, whatever the hell that was supposed to even mean.

He then looked directly into the guy's eyes (unless he was like, wearing the helmet as well, in which case, he'd glare into his obstructed face), with an expression that blatantly said something along the lines of: "are you fuckin' kidding me". He'd stand like that until he got a reaction from him.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Oh good. Lui could tell from the blatant disapproving look he was getting that this was going to be as difficult as Steven from lunch that one time. For some reason, the kid was just standing there, waiting for him to do something. He decided against whipping his saber out on him and kept a carefree smile.

"Curious? Well, I should probably mention that the schedule isn't fully established. Tuesday's the only day some people other than me bother to show up to club. We're looking for new members to spice things up. Worried about the cost? Well, considering everything we're offering is worth over $100 normally, you're actually getting a deal.

As for the pandering statements, blame the teacher. She said I had to appeal to the students with some pandering statements. If I had my way, I'd just tack the phrase "We need members. Not like you care" on it. So, gonna say anything or just glare at me?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Walkling out with the other students was what seemed to be a large hair snake, poking out over the top of the crowd, it seemed to be looking around as if trying to find a way through the gaggle of people, and when the boy called out the large plume of hair seemed to jump a moment and then turned to him as if looking right at him, he would then hear a very soft voice excusing itself and asking to get by people before a very short girl emerged from the large throng of people, she stood maybe 4'5" tall, but sticking out from her long locks of hair was a massive cowlick, which would explain the periscope like affect while she was in the crowd as it was about as tall as was, he had probably heard rumor of some odd girl in the school with a massive cowlick, if not well he met her and knew about it now.

"Umm..h..hello...Zaku would..like to learn more...t..though Zaku am already in a sorority. she always likes learnign new things....Zaku..." she said in a rather sheepish tone of voice, her cowlick seemign to droop as she talked with him as if it too was suddenly shy, the second thing to not about her was the MASSIVE metal back pack on her back, it was easily bigger then her but she seemed to be carrying it with ease
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 pm

"Curious is a very hard word." Frog replied coldly. "I'd say I was more like, intrigued by your choice of clothes and stopped by to see what all of that was about." But anyways, he got what he wanted, and maybe even more, since he also got a fake smile on top of the full explanational package. This person seemed even less interested in doing what he was doing than Frog was, so that was also sad in the purest sense of the word. "Y'know what I think about your little scharade? I think people tend to flock and gather around things they understand and do not percieve as something utterly stupid. So I suggest you take that thing off." He gestured with a finger from the guy's toes over his fencing gear-clad torso to his head. "Also, I doubt you'll get many more people to listen to you even if you do that. It's up to you to find out why that is exactly."

Frog crossed his hands, put the flier into his bag, turned around, but then stopped as he was poked into his nose by what seemed to be hard-rock hair wiggling around from somewhere below....looking down, he identified a girl. She was actually interested in the fencing club, but that was far from her most interesting characteristic. Nono, she actually fashioned her hair that way? If Frog didn't live under a rock, he'd probably have heard mean rumors about this weirdo, but alas, he lived under a rock, so eh, this was his first time finding out about her.

"Ow..."

So he turned back around to look at how the interaction between the two would ensue. That could very well turn out to be interesting and fun, all the while rubbing his poked nose.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Ok, dropping the cool guy act was an absolute necessity at this point. First the king, now this little snot. Why was everyone he met so ridiculous to interact with? While his smile kept up, his eyes shot into a glare towards the insensitive student. Making sure to lower his voice to avoid a scene, he leaned in to Frog.

"Look, I may not seem it, but I really do care about this club. It's the one sport I found some genuinely intelligent people in, and I've been trying to keep this club afloat forever now. Plus, I already know how people work around here; they're just byproducts of this obnoxious government, talking about some stupid trend on the internet rather than... well, anything important. Yeah, I could try to figure these people out, but I'm not going to drown in their mediocrity."

As he quietly shooed Frog away, a little girl came emerging from the sea of people, her unique hairstyle bumping around as she moved. He may have heard hearsay about the "girl with the massive cowlick", but he couldn't be bothered to remember whereShe seemed incredibly shy, so he quickly softened his expression and spoke softly to her.

"You're interested, ma'am? Good to hear. We're a pretty small group right now, so we're more than happy to accommodate a busy gal such as yourself. You're welcome to ask whatever. I'm the club captain, after all."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 pm

she looked at the one boy that seemed to have gotten there first, he seemed upset about something but she couldn't tell what, so she didn't bother asking, he didn't seem the type to want to talk to people anyway. but then the first boy started replying to her and she looked back at him, and she nodded when he asked if she was interested, "Zaku is in the martial arts club...a smaller sub group of..of it rea...really...but not...m..many people are in that sub group...s..so we are looking for a place that..m..may host us for ..a..additional m..meetings....i...is fencing full contact? Zaku?" she stammered out as her cowlick seemed to bob about as she talked, every time she stammered the cowlick seemed to respond by wriggling about a bit like it was helping her think and when she said the word Zaku it seemed to stand strait for a moment.

Last edited by Sosina on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Frog raised an eyebrow at the guy's response. He was actually...not expecting that at all. Wow. So this guy too could see the corruptedness of today's modern society and critique it from a crooked angle just like he always did! It made his heart flutter at finding its soulmate, if only for a brief moment. He eased it though, by staying silent as the other two discussed. He remained present at the scene, of course.

Meanwhile, the 'little weird girl with odd pointy bouncy hair's speech was barely identifyable over her constant and distracting stuttering. And even if he could hear through it, what she was saying made little sense to him. Maybe the other guy, who was actually into sports, could get what she meant about gyms and schedules and not having the space to practice. Frog found it highly illogical and also kind of demeaning for one person to be asking such stupidly big favors from another. He couldn't get how those people didn't implode upon themselves upon uttering such idiocies. Still, though, it might be common practice among jocks. He wouldn't know, so he wasn't gonna judge.

Too harshly, of course.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Lui noticeably grimaced at the mention of the Martial Arts club. While he understood that people would be more drawn to their club than his, he also distinctly remembered a few cocky members who would come to openly criticize their miniscule number of members. He would've had half a mind to whip out his saber and see how well they could defend themselves. Instead, he smiled at the little girl and handed her one of the fliers.

"No, fencing isn't full contact, at least if you're doing it correctly. The worst that'll happen is getting poked by the plastic end of an epee or saber or whatever. So, you're looking for a little space to practice martial arts outside of the club? Well, our room is fairly sizable. So long as you keep out of the way of training, we shouldn't have a problem. But I'll run this by Ms. Kamizura just in case."

He looked back up at the once rude student, remembering that he seemed noticeably surprised by Lui's response. It wasn't an offended surprise, but it looked like something... clicked with him, as if Lui spoke the right words. He kept this in mind as he nodded towards the Frog.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Zaku took the paper and as she read it it looked like her cowlick was reading it as well, and then she looked back up at Lui and she nodded a bit "Thank....thank you, Zaku will..a..also like to...join...Z..Zaku means t..technically she can only be in one club..b..but she would like to help by..paying the f...fee..a..and she would like the gear to s..study.....b..besides..umm...Z..Zaku c..could he..help b..by maybe..k..keep..keeping the rapiers in..g..good repair? i..it would c..cut down on t..the clubs c...costs to r..run wouldn't it? Zaku?" again as she spoke her cowlick seemed to be reacting as she spoke wriggling about when she stammered, and seeming to stand up strait whenever she said her name and as she waited to see if she would get a response she would look to Lui and then to Frog, though her cowlick was doing the opposite action, looking at frog then to Lui which...if you thought about it, it shouldn't have been able to do
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Though Lui made no mention if it to the stammering Zaku, he kept an eye on the cowlick as it seemed to react to her words. It felt like something was under there, but it would seem pretty inconsiderate to try poking holes in her hair. First impressions matter, at least when it comes to other people.

When Zaku mentioned that she was interested in joining despite being restricted to joining one club, Lui's eyes lit up with content, a rare sight for people to see Lui do.

"That's very generous of you, Zaku. We normally use the fees for tournament entry and upkeep of our supplies, so if you're actually considering helping with upkeep, I wouldn't need your fee. And what, may I ask, would you like to examine our weapons for? We use a few different weapons in fencing, so I guess I can help with whatever questions you have."

After addressing Zaku, Lui then looked back up at the other student.

"What about you, pal? Still not interested in the club, I'm guessing."
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

"..." Frog swayed his look to the side as the fencer set his eyes upon him again, even nodded, whatever the hell that meant. And then he inquired about his interest in the club. Was Frog giving mixed signals or something that confused this fella? Truthfully, not even he knew what he was interested in. He couldn't say for sure, but he wouldn't be opposed to having an after-class activity (that wasn't Terrorist busines) to look forward to, even if only once per week...flexibly. Not looking back at the guy, he began talking.

"If you'd want me to join, I'd first need to see for myself what kind of stuff you do around here." He said, only turning towards the other when he was done, crossing his hands. "I'll see if I can make it on Wednesday. I expect you to welcome me and prevent any of your teammates from kicking me out. I won't join anything unless I first see it."

Turning to the odd girl aftwards, Frog sighed. "So what's the business with your hair? It's creeping me out, honestly."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Zaku looked at Lui and as he asked why she wanted to study the weapons she seemed to blush a bit "Z...Zaku wa..wanted..t..to s..study..t..them s..so she..c..could ..l..learn h..how to make them. Zaku" she answered honestly, as she studied things like weapons and not to mention her personal hobby, as she answered she shifted the large metal backpack on her back a bit making sure the straps where on properly before looking to the boy as she talked to the other boy, waiting her turn to be brought into the conversation, though she felt she should clarify how she would help with upkeep then again she did have a little shop run from home that she made knifes and things for people fixing metal things and clothing, but it was more from hobby.

Then the other boy turned to her and asked her about her hair, as he asked her cowlick shaped into a question mark shape as she looked at him with a slightly confused look on her face "what do you mean? Zaku's hair is just Zaku's hair it's not different then the hair of anyone else is it? Zaku?" she said as she looked up at the cowlick as it seemed to look back down at her then she looked back to frog still looking a bit confused as the cowlick resumed looking like a question mark.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Lui was actually quite proud; despite the fact that the fliers were going to be trashed within the week, he still got 2 potential members to look into the club. Though he was curious about this subset from the Martial Arts group, he decided not to question little Zaku at length. After hearing that Zaku wanted to learn how to fashion her own blades, Lui considered her to be some sort of handicraft master, reflective in her metallic backpack.

In response to the boy's desired appointment with the club, he got onto his feet and held out his hand for a confirmation handshake.
"Consider it done. I'm there after school every day, so feel free to hop by whenever. I'll be sure to get the members together for Wednesday... after I fixed that stupid flier. Can I get your name, pal?"

After the skeptical student would introduce himself, he turned back to Zaku and thanked her, admiring her metal backpack as he spoke.

"Well, I don't know much about making weapons, but feel free to take a look. We mostly have training epees and sabers, with a few real weapons locked away. Just be careful with the real weapons, alright? Can you make it on Wednesday with our friend here?"
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Frog raised an eyebrow at the girl and her weird cowlick, slightly disgusted even, as could be seen from the grimace he made as the thing formed a question mark, even going as far as to flinch a bit and take a step back. "O-okay...I just...I mean, how does it do that? Like, move and stuff?" He asked her, staying that step away from her.

He accepted the other's handshake, of course. He was still a civilized part of society, no matter how solitary he got or how shitty the world got, he had his own ego and pride to feed. He did however, cringe internally at the word 'pal'. "Frogerio. I'm glad to meet you." He said briefly. "And you?" He added. "I don't think you said anything."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a fencing club? (Open)   We have a fencing club? (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

We have a fencing club? (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next