Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chance

Chance

A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. Empty
PostSubject: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:11 am

Chance sat at one of the many table within the Velvet Lounge. On the specific table sat a board game that closely resembled that of Chess and Shogi put together in one complicated game. It was a creation from Chance's own mind, and s/he was simply dying to play it with another ever since it was conceived. Sadly his/her siblings in the velvet room had no idea how to play such a game. Chance first attempted to try and play with his/her brother Yu. It was safe to say Yu was more fascinated at the concept of the game and not the actual game itself. He didn't wish to play, he only wanted to learn. Chance was upset with this, as s/he never played either of the games prior to be able to explain such concepts. When s/he went to ask their more bubbly sibling, Justine, they were bombarded with a series of jokes and laughter. Justine knew nothing about either of the games, just like Chance, nor did she wish to play. Instead, she wished to know why Chance wanted to play such games in the first place. She picked on him/her for it, and it caused the self proclaimed investigator to get quite flustered. One would not expect s/he were possible to blush so powerfully. It was safe to say all the other situations ended the same way with all the other denizens of the Velvet Room. By the time it was over, Chance found him/herself sitting in a chair across from a.. guest, not a sibling. There was one who enjoyed such mind based games, and luckily Chance had come across him while awaiting their next foray into the real world. With a bashful smile, Chance tilted her head and gave a smile towards his guest. "Thank you for spending your time to assist me in learning such a game. I once asked my siblings for assistance, and I am sad to report none were of use for me. It was a.. spiraling debacle." The Velvet Attendant seemed to have some difficulty choosing their words as they would lean back in their chair and grasp their hat from their head.

Thinking about it, the last time Chance had time to spend with another guest of the Velvet Room was when Genji-san had showed him/her around Shibakuzoi Mall. Oh how it was such an extravagant sight! When returning that very day, Chance had spread all the possessions s/he had bought that day to each of her siblings in the Velvet Room. His sisters were confused at such strange apparel but all received their prizes with smiles. Chance had even kept some of the dresses for him/herself. S/he had always wanted to try something on other than the attire assigned to them from their masters! "U-umm.." Chance began to spoke, lifting a finger to their lips and looking down towards the confusing board game before him. "I am sorry if I seem quite confused about simple things in your world. I'd like to know, do many people play such board games in their free times? I believe I understand: People battle mind vs mind, and the battlefield is this board before us! It is a battle of the consciousness and the winner is surely superb in grey matter!" Chance pumped his/her arms in enthusiasm. S/he seemed very interested in the life of humans. More interested than they should have been. "Do you enjoy playing such games as these, if I may ask? I mean, what sort of joy could one foster when putting their mind to the challenge with such...boardplay?"
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:08 pm

"Different definitions of..fun?" Attendant Chance looked rather confused as s/he looked down towards the board that sat so steady and unfluctuating. Was there anything s/he thought was fun that could align with this statement? Observing and assisting humans was a job and a duty; it did not particularly mean it was not fun, right? The Attendant was having some difficulties processing what their guest had just said to them. "What we've got here is a failure to communicate!" Chance suddenly spoke with enthusiasm as s/he clasped his/her hands together and gave a bashful smile. This was a movie line that hardly had anything to do with the situation, yet Chance saw it as an excellent opportunity to try it out. Needless to say, it felt out of place and caused the Attendant to get quite flustered. Jumping subjects to hobbies, Chance tilted his/her head to the side with curiosity. "A-ah! Naito-san, you partake in Kendo? A sport where two undying souls clash with the means of showing who's honor swallows the other! Astounding! I, too, must try out this..keyndo!" The enthusiastic Attendant removed their journal and began to jot down various notes.

"Is this 'The stuff that dreams are made of.'? I wonder..." Chance mumbled out loud while continuing to jot down notes. Once finished, they'd fold the notebook and place it back into their vest with a smile. Now it was time to play the strange game. Chance didn't know the rules, so instead of making a well thought out move like Naito-san, s/he would grab the far left pawn and move it up a space just because it seemed like the right thing too do. Looking up from the board to meet his/her guest's eyes, Chance would have a confused look to the next comment. "..alot of humans are immature and incompetent. It must be a pain to have to wait hand on foot for them to make up their minds..." The Attendant had never thought of humans in that way, and would tug at a strand of hair as if in thought. "Haha, is that so? Naito-san, as one who resides solely in this room, humans are rather interesting to me. They have the freedom of choice, and are all so different than one another. Yes, some may seem rather ignorant, but I think that's wonderful. That means they have some growing room to find the answers to why they exist. As one who "govern's power", I still wonder about my own reason for existence..." Chance fell rather silent in his/her own thoughts for a number of seconds.

"But I enjoy my duties here in this room. Because I am a denizen of the Velvet Room, my life span is eternal. I've seen many different people come and go from here, and I've learned ever so much. I feel each user teaches me something new about humans...even you, Naito-san. So I must thank you. This does not mean to go easy on me in this game!" The enthusiastic Attendant gave a smile while clasping their hands together. This was a fun experience for them.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 pm

The Attendant gave a bashful smile towards their guest while placing their hands together before their chest. "Learning Kendo? I'd be honored, Naito-san! I do hope I am prepared to grasp the blade of truth and strike down my enemies with one fatal strike!" Chance stood from his/her seat and took a heroic pose like an action hero would do in a movie. It was obvious everything Chance had heard of came straight from the mind of a director. S/he hadn't seen Kendo performed in person, but had seen it in various action films where Samurai laid down their arms and contended in honor vs honor! Oh s/he was so excited to do the same thing! Naito-san had to be a good swordsman, he even had the aura of a cool swordsman that would do anything to save the small broken village he loved. Hohoho! This was like an action movie come true! The Velvet Attendant literally began to float in the air because s/he was so excited. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!" The ecstatic Attendant would giggle to themselves before landing on the ground next to Naito-san. Their face was tinted red and it seemed like s/he was ready to explode in joy.

"Forget the board game, Naito-san, teach me now! I'm ready for my lessons...Master!" The Attendant spoke with much enthusiasm as s/he bowed before Naito-san like a student did to their sensei. When it came to personality it was safe to say Chance was like a child. Especially when it came to things they had only seen in movies and were now experiencing in real life. So there s/he was almost hopping up and down, anxious to start the training of the life time. S/he'd be just like an action movie star in no time! Saving third world countries with nothing but a blade while saying awesome movie lines like "I'll have what she's having!" This was great!
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm

"Yes, I see, Master!" The Attendant would nod their head as they watched Naito-san summon his blade and explain its origin. If s/he recalled, the young man was one with the Emperor Arcana, so the choice of weapon was no surprise to him/her. Chance studied his position and stance and took various mental notes. There would be alot to remember, but the mind of an Attendant was quite superior to your average morbid beast. When Naito-san gave the blade to him/her, Chance took it in a firm grip with a large smile. This was the first time s/he had even touched a real blade, so one could only guess how ecstatic Chance was for this occasion! Once s/he took the blade, the Attendant would mimic Naito-san's initial stance. Bending their elbows and staggering their stance, Chance's face would turn a red tint. It was obvious this was something s/he was always looking forward too. Raising the blade over head and bring it down for an easy swing, the Attendant would listen to his/her master while continuing the routine. He spoke as if the blade was quite heavy, so Chance assumed he must have thought the Attendants had the same limitations as an average human. It was quite humorous.

S/he continued the drill over and over, getting more and more used to the O-katana. During the exercise Master Naito-san asked a question about attendants. "..how do Attendants usually defend themselves?" The Attendant gave a slight cough as s/he stopped their exercise and turned towards the Persona-User. "That is a marvellous question, Master Naito-san! Us Attendants have a special weapon called the Persona Compendium." Placing the Katana in his/her left hand, Chance would summon his/her compendium to his/her right. The book floated in the air, and the Attendant would use their free hand to open it up. "We Attendants do not own our own Personas, but instead use the Personas of our guests in combat. We record a skill from your Personas and store it in our compendium for later use. It is quite useful. Please observe this!" The pages of the Compendium would begin to spin as two cards would float from its presence. One was a tarot card for the Hanged Man and the other was for Fortune. Both cards would shatter, and two separate Personas would appear before Naito-san. One would be Genji-san's Belial Persona and the other Kogami-san's Raiza Persona. They were not the original, only replicas, but the mistake would be easy to make to believe they were the originals.

Placing both hands back on the O-katana, Chance would begin to continue the exercise with a smile. "Naito-san, we are those who govern power, but it does not necessarily mean it is our power personally." The Attendant gave a laugh and a smile towards their master before picking up the speed of  the slashes.
Back to top Go down
Chance

Chance

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm

The Attendant gave a few blinks towards Naito-san before giving a smile. "Sou ka desu ka? I never really thought about it that much. I must say, Naito-san, you speak of humans as if you're not one yourself. You should have more faith in your fellow man, or atleast attempt to guide them. It is possible that many of them are just lost." Chance would stop swinging the blade and would give a few blinks with his/her honey golden eyes. "Humans are indeed resilient, but that's what makes them who they are. Naito-san, even you are quite reluctant, aren't you? Reluctant to accept the help from your friends, and reluctant to trust in another to do something just as well as you could yourself. Everyone has their moments, isn't that right? I never really thought about it before, but humans are quite interesting beings, aren't they? You may think we're quite different here, but our entire..."lives"...are based on assisting humanity to the best of our ability. We may not live by the same rules as you humans, but we are created in a world based on a set number of different rules. I do wonder about the true potential of humanity sometimes, but I must simply observe. That is my duty and one of our absolute rules."

Chance would return the persona user's sword with a smile while causing the personas and compendium to vanish in a flash of light. Naito-san continue his second portion of his explanation and asked the Attendant if they understood. Honestly Chance did not, as s/he was not accustomed to their world and saw most things from watching television. "I wish I understood, Naito-san, but sadly I do not. I have much to learn when it comes to humans, but I am attempting to learn. But I must thank you for your compliment. I'm sure there are other humans who share your viewpoints, and I truly hope to understand them the more I assist you and the other guests of our lovely room. To be quite bold, I am quite interested in where your journey takes you aswell. You walk alone, but I have a very powerful feeling that you'll make friends you'll never wish to replace. I could only imagine such a feeling myself...." The slender young Attendant would raise a hand and place it gently upon their chest, closing their honey golden eyes.

Getting back to the task at hand, Chance would become quite flustered with Naito's praising when regarding Kendo. "Maybe you should come by Kizuna Academy during one of our training sessions to try your skill against other students. " His/Her eyes would light up as s/he literally jumped from the ground in joy. "Naito-san! I mean, Master! I look forward to our next rigorous and unbearable battle session! I will make you proud!" The Attendant took his number and bowed like one who would bow to their sensei after a sparring match.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Naito has established a Social Link with Chance of the Heirophant Arcana...

Chance has established a Social Link with Naito of the Emperor Arcana...
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.   A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows. Empty

Back to top Go down

A game of chess.. or maybe shogi.. Who knows.
Page 1 of 1