Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 3:31 am

"Kuh...!"

Ritz gasped as the creature's jagged claws entered her shoulder while she wasn't paying attention. She could feel the rage build at the situation, but not at the beast. The musician had broken all of her rules of combat at once. Do not underestimate your opponent. Do not take your focus away from your opponent. Do not stop moving. Ritsuko had done all three and now she was paying for it, but as soon as the strike landed she leapt back on shaky feet while raising her guitar to shield her face and body. Aoide squealed harshly as her fingers gripped tighter around the guitar in anger. She wasn't angry at the Demon but it was going to feel the effects of that all the same. Heavily intoxicated, Ritz threw all caution and tactics out the window as she ran it down in a blur of motion. Or motion blur. Shit gets hazy when you're blitzed.

[size=14]"I'm gonna ffucking kill you for that!" she screeched as she charged at it, taking a wild horizontal swing at its head with her six-string. Luckily her weapon wasn't a precise one, and she threw all of her weight and momentum into her haphazard assault.

Stats & Combat Modifiers:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 am

H-huh? Callie would jump back from the creature for a moment after landing her first strikes, something felt different about this guy... Her attacks weren't working as well as they usually did. Yet she didn't know what else to do, she hasn't had any other way of attacking things and this hadn't been a problem until now!

"Welp... We're kinda out of other options..." Terra would say to the girl, who gripped her blades tighter and got ready to go in for another attack. "We'll have to make do for now, but I'll try to think of something for next time okay! Just give it your all!"

Noticing that the creature had gone to attack the familiar scented person, Callie would stop her hesitation and do her best to get back in there. She wasn't going to just idly let someone else get hurt now!

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 8xa8EMR

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size!"

Stats:

Passives:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 8:57 am

OoC Note:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 pm

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 7PZCjev

Ghoul, Level 7:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 12:13 am

Actions:

Stats:

Strengths and Weaknesses:

It didn't look like all the cutting and poking was doing much to the spindly thing. Which, honestly, didn't make much sense. It looked like a hard wind would snap it in two, but given that things really didn't seem to be abiding by any sort of logic at the moment, that wasn't something Lance planned on pondering.

Except he pondered it a second longer than he probably should've.

The thing's swing cut him deep, snapping his attention back to two realities. One, he was still in combat with this thing, and two, he was now injured and very much in need of defending himself. And the girls, given that the one with the guitar couldn't seem to catch a break. Kinda reminded him of Ritsuko, in a way, but maybe he just had her on the brain from their earlier encounter.

"Pay attention! If I'm gonna lend you my spear, you better not make any novice mistakes!"

"Right, right. Let's go! That thing's got an edge on it, right?"

"My thoughts exactly."

Maybe the stabbing was just hitting bone and not being as effective as it could be. I mean, the thing was a skin sack shy of being a skeleton, so maybe if they cut away that skin what little organs it had would spill! It was a desperate line of logic, but it was worth a shot. Oniwaka wound up, grabbing his naginata lower on its shaft before unleashing a forceful swing, hopefully forcing back the otherworldly assailant and gutting it in the process.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 am

"Nnnng!"

Her reckless assault landed, but not where she intended. With the demon's movements its head dipped out of the way and she landed a solid blow on its shoulder... one that it shrugged off... and one that left her open to counterattack. It managed to reach around and slash her across the small of her back, causing her to stagger. The little girl came into her right flank to delivery a flurry of ineffectual stabs and Ritsuko had to duck to avoid getting her head taken off by the Devil Summoner's lackey as it delivered a vicious slash across the torso. The one time being short came in handy instead of acting as a punchline or a nuisance. With her guitar still perched on the meat of the abomination's shoulder, Ritsuko pushed herself behind it by shifting her body weight in order to cross it up. Like a pack of wolves on a bear. Tactics were sorely underrated in melee combat, but she wasn't about to funnel herself into a kill chute against this thing.

Growling as she stumbled backward, Aoide raised high, Ritsuko turned focus from her opponent to her melody. Her fingers graced the strings as she could feel a well of power surge within. She would not die here! Not against this bastard! That wasn't about to happen! The striking, vibrating notes coursed through her body, tapping into her stamina as her tenaciousness was brought to bare. If only through stubborn refusal she wouldn't be brought down.

Sson of a bitchh...!

Calm thyself, young one. Thou must think carefully. Be true to thineself...

*haaa... haaa...* ...thiss issn't my fight...

No, it is not.

I don' gotta fight iff I don' need to...

No, you do not.

But I c'n sstill beneffit from i'...

That you may...

And let them take care 'f thingsss.

Hmm hmm... You are learning, my child.

Ritz set her jaw in resolve, swaying slightly on her feet as she played. She was prepared to dodge, to block, to strike. To kill. This wasn't her fight. She'd be damned if she was going to die in it.

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 8:05 am

"Gah!" Callie would stumble backwards a few steps as the attack hit her. "Eesh, I said on someone your own size! Do I look the same size as you?" The girl would jokingly protest with a sly smile on her face, trying to buy herself some time to think of what she should do by teasing and distracting the ghoul... Which may just make it more angry but it was her best idea for the moment. Taking a quick glace at the two she was helping, she'd notice how they both looked in quite a bit more pain than she was after that attack... They had to take this thing down quickly before it seriously hurt someone!

"Cals! Wait!" Terra's voice would suddenly stop the girl from charging forward to strike at the demon again. "Your teammates... Or well, whoever they are, look in a real bad way. Why don't you say we do something about that? Nehehe." The shadow fox would giggle as he prepared a trick up his sleeve he hadn't gotten to use yet.

"Huh, how would we do something about that?" The girl would ask back confused, she had never done anything other than a direct attack in combat before... What else were they able to do?

"Bring our blades together Cals and wait for my signal before slicing outwards with them. Trust me I'll do the rest, nehehe!"

"... Is this going to be a repeat of when you thought you could use fire attacks but then forgot how to...?"

"HEY! That was one time! ... Shesh, have some faith in me Cals and just do it!"

With a teasing giggle, the girl would cross her blades together as instructed by her shadow which would then start glowing with a yellowish light. "Oh cool! It's actually working!" She'd continue to tease before being given the mental signal by Terra to slash outwards with her blades sending a wave of healing light to both herself and her allies. The light would fill everyone with a new hope and drive whilst making them feel oddly happier about everything that was going on.

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 N7ENNPt

"Nobody's gonna die on my watch! I got ya back guys!"

Stats:

Damage Taken:

Passives:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 pm

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 7PZCjev

Ghoul, Level 7:

Note:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Actions:

Stats:

Yep, this zombie thing was a lot tougher than any B-movie, leg-dragging shambler he'd seen on the silver screen.

It was pretty obvious that Oniwaka's strike hit its mark--with a blade that big it was pretty hard to miss, he figured--but the creature was still standing. It was becoming pretty apparent that the girls who had come to help didn't have an overabundance of firepower against this thing either, though there was a nagging thought at the back of his mind that told him he shouldn't have needed to rely so much on them. This was his fight, and so far he wasn't even being a good support, let alone holding his own enough to be considered the front line.

It seemed like the guitarist was backing off after her injuries, but the growls coming from her guitar spoke otherwise. She was likely waiting, preparing something or catching her breath before jumping back into the fray. He glanced over at the girl with the daggers just in time to see the wave of light wash over him.

"Hey--" he started to scold, flinching as he assumed she'd mis-aimed some sort of attack. That thought was immediately quashed and corrected as the pain from his injuries dulled and a bit more of his confidence returned. "Huh. Thanks!"

"Hmm... this thing's really startin' to get on my nerves."

Wasn't that the truth. The teenager was expecting the thing to come slashing at them again, but instead it... did something else. He wasn't exactly sure what, but whatever it did made him feel much more tense... like the air itself thickened, or became heavier. Worse yet, his concentration was starting to fade; the white noises of the night were faintly registering on the edges of his consciousness, his eyes were starting to take in irrelevant details like the look of the buildings lining the alley and the duffel at his feet.

Actually, that wasn't such an irrelevant detail.

If he wasn't utterly mistaken, he'd packed that morning like he was going to work. He didn't have a scheduled gig but he was hoping to snag an impromptu spot at a dive, which meant that he should've had the trusty old revolver in that side pocket.

"Take five, Oniwaka, I've got an idea."

The oni in question snorted skeptically as the boy deftly retrieved the gun, loading its six chambers. He hadn't practiced his shot since the family moved to Endymion, but now was a good a time as any to get back into the swing of things. They always did say headshotting zombies was the quickest way to kill them. Again.

Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm

All Out Attack!:

"Hot damn! Nice shot!"

It was kind of nice having Oniwaka there. Despite the somewhat smug smile that pulled across Lance's face as the bullet hit home, he never would've voiced his satisfaction with the maneuver, particularly considering it wasn't actually his intention to shoot the thing in the head. The spear-wielding demon seemed to have a knack for saying what was on the teenager's mind; maybe they were two in the same.

"Here, I think you deserve this for the time bein'. You put it to good use, or I'll be pissed."

With that, Oniwaka offered his naginata to the boy, though what Lance reached out and grabbed felt slightly slimmer. It was a weapon molded to his grip rather than the chubby fingers of the oni, and when he pulled the weapon to stand it at his side, it was a few inches shorter and missing the gold engravings that had glittered across the weapon he saw being used earlier. A quick second glance confirmed that the red one still had it, which then raised the question of where... and how...?

"Huh. Thanks! Hey girls, let's capitalize on this!" he called over to his combat allies, giving his new weapon a quick spin to test its weight. It was almost too perfect, like it was made specifically for him, but he'd never used a spear before... Still, he knew a bit about balance and counterbalance, so now was as good a time as any to get some field experience. Without waiting for a proper answer he charged in, eager to head the fight now that it seemed to be in their favor, and now that he had a literal new weapon in his arsenal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:34 pm

The wave of joy was nearly lost on the demonic guitarist, the happiness she felt countered by indignant scorn. Aoide wasn't one to appreciate anyone but her toying with her thrall's emotions... yet the boon was put to good use as she siphoned away the positive emotion to sate her own thirst. Ritsuko growled to herself at the prospect of receiving help, she wasn't one to appreciate it either. She didn't know what it could do to her and even if it was a positive thing she didn't need any help! But she'd shake it off as a familiar stench hit her nostrils. It was decay, but a noxious sort of gloom came along with it. It smelled like her own tears did. Worry. Disease. Dread.

"That thing'll ffuck with y'r head if you don't watch it!" called out the delinquent. If there was anything she was familiar with, it was toying with minds. It's what they trained her to do. When the shot rang out Ritsuko flinched, but turned that subtle jump into forward momentum as she witnessed the creature's head snap back. The Devil Summoner didn't even need to tell her twice, she knew an opportunity when she saw it. No sooner did the abomination's torso connect with the ground did Ritsuko's guitar come crashing into its chest.

TWANG! TWANG! TWANG! TWANG! TWANG!

A hammer of blows rang out with a rhythming song as the punk savagely beat the demon into the ground along with her allies. But no sooner did it start to rise than Ritz would peel away from it, keeping her distance as she strummed a fierce combat melody communicating the desire to kill and destroy.

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:55 pm

"Gah! What is that stench!" The young vixen would quickly pull the scarf part of her hood up over her nose which only helped a little considering how powerful her sense of smell was. Sheesh, what did that thing eat? Did it like let off wind or something? That's disgusting! In the middle of a fun game of fighting too! Well she wou-

"GAH!" The poor girls sense of smell worries were quickly over turned by the gunshot that rang her eardrums causing her to tense them flatter on her head. J-jeez... Sometimes having powerful senses wasn't much of a benefit... "H-hey! C-could you warn me before you next do that! S-shesh that was loud... My ears are ringing!" She'd call out much louder than she needed to due to how loud the ringing in her ears were still, geh... It was making her get a headache.

Shaking her head to try and gain back some kind of sense of what was going on, Callie would notice the opening that the gunshot had created. Well... At least it was good for something! "Let's rumble this thing Terra!" She'd cry out as she joined in the full out flurry of attacks the trio lay into the creature before jumping back so that it couldn't counter attack right away or anything. Her head was still a little fuzzy from the gunshot, but she still had time to lay waste a few extra hits before this thing was ready to act again and with the motivating music the guitarist was supplying returned, she'd make sure to not let any opportunity go to waste.

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 QEz1IYX

"We can do this guys!"

Stats:

Passives:

Gun Shot:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:58 pm

OoC:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 12:42 pm

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 LrJ62CW

Ghoul, Level 7:
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 1:19 am

Actions:

Stats:

As the trio pulled out of the brutal smashing they delivered to the unnatural being, Lance registered the scold from the dagger-wielding girl. He gave a sheepish shrug, never taking his eyes off their enemy as it began to rise.

"Sorry, got lost in the moment. Expect a lot more where that came from, though." he admitted, retrieving the revolver from the obi belt of his jacket, where he'd tucked it before the rush. He took aim at the green man, but hesitated. Something didn't feel... right. Everything was unfocused and annoying, and he felt like he was worrying too much about making the shot to accurately make the shot. "Hrm..."

He drew the weapon back, perching his elbow on a crossed arm as he took a moment to focus again. He didn't want to ask Oniwaka for help again, thus he tried to recreate exactly what he felt when the oni worked his magic the first time. It was a lot like the feeling he got in the middle of a run, where he'd built up so much momentum that it felt like it was just him and that ever-flowing motion of the world. He closed his eyes, trying to force out the distractions of the ambiance and let the guitarist's aggressive melody get him into the zone.

Naturally, Oniwaka also felt this shift in mentality, and grinning teeth gnashed into a monstrous snarl.

"Heh, you learn quick."

He unleashed another crazed warcry, the resulting wave of confidence the bellow left in its wake enough to mentally put the teenager right where he wanted to be. Now, maybe he could score another shot like that. Cocking the hammer of the weapon, he raised it again, taking aim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]   A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Trudging And Crawling Evening [Lance's Awakening]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next