Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Let's Try Again [Gabe]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Let's Try Again [Gabe] Empty
PostSubject: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 12:34 am

The music on this particular day was very lax compared to the usual pumping tunes. Kyokudou was personally okay with this. The past few days have been so high speed, she almost welcomed the scene of people dancing and not doing anything. Hell she was half-tempted to not cause trouble. She got her food for the day and was content sitting around and sleeping all day. Today she took the time to cut her hair to where it had shortened to her shoulders, which left a very uneven slash across the end of her hair. Meanwhile her clothing consisted of a shirt with torn sleeves and pants; normally outside of her normal wear. She still had her normal clothes that she took with her hidden away in a part of town, but even she could use time away from them. At some point she would need to find a way to wash them....speaking of which, when was the last time she bathed? "One.....two......fuck...can't remember..." Wasn't entirely a good sign knowing that truth hit her over the head.

Still, she sat back, and watched people dance. For the past few days she has had chance to be with others and speak to them; many of them turning out not so well. She was never a people person to begin with, which wasn't to say she necessarily hated them or was a loner. She did feel she was better than them in a sense, but she wasn't blind to what sheep did for society, what muscle can do and other things. She placed her chin in her hand and took a moment to think about this. What if she had muscle of her own? Maybe she could form a group like that, and they could get some cash out of it, food, it'd be crazy.  

Last edited by Grantus on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 am

Believe it or not, Gabe came to the house of cards quite a lot. Sometimes he liked to play people and bet their drink tabs, then send the tab on over to one of the lovely females in the establishment as a gesture of good will. In other times, it was for fun, he liked to be entertained, and he liked to entertain others. But this time, Gabe found himself in a small drunken slumber. It was slight, which made Gabe doze off for about 10 minutes, but he soon found out that his alarm started to ring.

Let's Try Again [Gabe] BXQqCSDCEAAmswe

“ Hmmm..?” Taking a look at it, he realized that it his alarm for the afternoon. “ Night’s coming soon, but I still have some time. “ Paying his tab, Gabe surveyed the area to see if anything interesting came afoot. However, he did notice someone that he met at a karaoke club before. “That girl…” She did rather badly, and she ended up running out of the place, which made Gabe a bit upset that he pushed her enough to embarrass herself out there. “ well…”

Gabe got up and walked over to her, plopping down in the seat next to her and giving her a small glance. “Care for a drink?” Did she even remember him? Gabe didn’t necessarily have his glasses on.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 am

She wasn't too thrilled to see the kid from before again, after she made a fool of herself singing. She sighed heavily, letting a yawn escape her. "Sure, whatever..something with alcohol," she didn't have it in her to refuse a good drink. She leaned her head back and looked up at the ceiling, not exactly paying too much mind to him in a bad way. She was mostly indifferent to his presence. As soon as her thoughts were roaming about how people were not necessarily pieces of shit, someone she didn't leave on great terms with her showed up. Her mind wandered to a couple nights back where she nearly stabbed a guy. If she was successful, would she have been as passive to him and to others as she was now? She thought for a bit in silence.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 am

"Anything with alochol isn't the best answer...." Gabe would say as he promptly got up and returned to the bar. After two minutes or so, he returned with two glasses, handing Aya one of them. "Coke and bourbon, with ice. I would figure that you would appreciate something that was less trashy or cheap." Gabe had a glass of his own, taking a seat once again and sipping on his glass. " Look, i'm sorry bout what happened last time. It was quite rude of me, and a lady shouldn't be treated in such a way of embarrassment. So allow me to make it up to you, even if the gesture is small. " Gabe would say as he raised his glass up for a cheers.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 am

What the hell did he know about what the best for her was? Still, she ended up accepting the drink offered by Gabe, before sniffing it to see if it had been poisoned. Though she made sure to monitor his actions to see if there was foul play, she did not notice much out of the ordinary. She took a sip, before a gulp. Alcohol was alcohol, so she would drink it. She wouldn't deny the expensive stuff tasted nice. Still, it seemed normal enough. She was slowly starting to grow a standard for alcohol. Maybe she will grab a bottle on her way out without paying for it...

She looked to Gabe when he apologized with a raised eyebrow. "I'm no lady kid. Get real." She said, turning down the toast and taking another sip. "Still, you got nerves of steel coming back to me. Something nice happen to you or something, or do you feel lucky?" Aya said grabbing a cude of ice and proceeding to chomp on it. "I don't care about that. I went up there myself, so I got what I earned. Don't treat me any more special, unless I prove that I'm better, then you can." She said with a cocky smirk.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 am

And I’m no kid, get technical?” Well, they could play 21 questions for as long as she wanted, but it would be a waste of time and leave no sort of progress whatsoever. At best, Gabe felt some sort of obligation, only because he felt like the role he played led for things to turn out the way that it did. If he didn’t get involved there is a good chance that things wouldn’t have been so bad either. “All of the above? Buying a lady a drink, does that seem so out of the ordinary for you? It doesn’t happen too often?”

Wow, so Gabe can’t even give her a good gesture before being criticized of something? For all she knew, Gabe could be having a terrible day. “Hey, with some practice, you could get better. Just keep coming, there's no shame in trying. “ Though, he never knew the woman’s name. However, even if she didn’t tell him hers, he still felt as if he needed to give his name first. “I’m Gabriel by the way. “
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Let's Try Again [Gabe] Aec925a9c2ac982678675305480400de

"No one treats me like a princess they're trying to sleep with so no, it is pretty odd." She never had to get things from others without forcing them to, stealing it from them, or doing something that didn't involve sitting back and letting them do it. Part of her felt strange about it, like she failed to earn it. Not to say she thought she should be grateful, but it never helped if she just got things for free. She would then start taking it for granted and not do anything anymore. "Hmph. Whatever. Call me whatever you like, I got rid of my old name. Or hell, impress me and I'll tell you what I was called." she said with a twisted grin. Even Aya herself was not sure what brought that about in her head. Maybe it was the fights she was going through nightly. She felt like it was better if she reinvented herself. She finished the rest of her drink and placed the glass aside. "So tell me, did you just come to say sorry? Cause now that you don't need to anymore, I am curious what you plan to do now." Her tone was not confrontational despite how she spoke earlier, and moreso of a genuine curiosity. She always wondered why people approached her first when all she did was antagonize them when she showed up unless she needed them (she never did).
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 pm

“I had no sort of vulgar intent with you in mind of course. Chivalry isn’t dead, or maybe it is, and my mannerisms are equivalent to that of a dead language?” Who really knew? It shouldn’t be the base assumption that someone that approaches another person has any sort of thoughts of this leading to a sexual encounter. Quite frankly, Gabe wasn’t expecting anything of the sort, absolutely nothing of this encounter. However, they were here, right now, at this moment, living their lives. “How can someone get rid of their old name? Bad past or something of the sort? The first thing you identify with is the name given at birth, I wouldn’t think it’s so easily abandoned unless you had something to run from. Personally speaking…”

But it was his opinion. “What do I plan on doing now? Well, knowing the name you threw away. If I impressed you, you would tell me, right?” Gabe would say as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a “Deck of cards”” Will a card trick do?”

Let's Try Again [Gabe] 9d336c228ea678f3e33408b2b9285198e1e3522b_hq

Suddenly, Gabe brought out a card with one hand, showing the back. He then flipped it in the air, vaguely showing that it was the ace of spades, and after a few quick movements, he caught the card and it split up into several other cards.

“ can you find the ace of spaces?”

OOC:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 2:47 pm

"Chivalry....chivalry....wait, what the hell is that?" She asked, dumbfounded by the word. She left home a long time ago and she had heard the word more than once in regards to politeness. But was that all it was? Just being polite? When he addressed that she may have been running from something, Aya nodded. "In a way. I ran from a life of boredom and staleness. But you could say I have already gotten away." She wasn't particularly going to lie about that. Much of her childhood life she would rather forget, moreso those she used to know. All that mattered now was how she was now, the things she has done over the course of five years is something she will now keep to herself.

That being said, Aya looked towards the cards Gabe was now holding, and twisted her lips. Whatever, she'd humor him. Or was it a kind of trick? Was he trying to outsmart him now that he thought she wasn't the most intelligent? She'll show him...doing so she placed her hands on both end cards. The original intent was to pull both, but what if he is guessing that too? She glared at him suspiciously, and soon pulled one of them into her left hand while letting go of the other. Did he just beat her in a smart person game? This was annoying to experience, when someone was smarter than you. But you don't need smarts to beat someone, or so Aya guessed.

Aya picks:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm

"Oh, would you look at that. You managed to get it right!" Gabe would say as he took the card back and shuffled it back into the deck. "Looks like i won't be knowing your real name anytime soon, but i did learn something about you. Care to know what that is?" Regardless of what she said, Gabe would let that presumption linger around a little bit more. "It seems like whatever you ran away from, you are in a place in your life where you experienced something in it's stead. I mean, if you ran away from home and can sit casually here in the bar without a care, i'm figuring your new life has you occupied, no?"

Gabe flipped the cards back and forth like a skilled dealer. " Chivalry comes from the time of the old knights. Courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak. Their way of life is quite facinating, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:47 pm

She hated not being in the know, and as such hearing Gabe definitely lured her into curiosity. Now she really wanted to know. "What then?" She said tilting her head with a glance. Hearing his strange presumption made her chuckle, and perhaps she would have laughed louder if he wasn't right. "....Hmph." She grabbed another sip of her drink and looked at him strangely. "Courage is good. Can't get anywhere in life without some steel. Honor gets you killed, and justice is a false concept. It's got so many different meanings that the word means little now don't you think? But hey, those guys are dead now, so maybe back then it was easier. Can't live like that now though can ya." She drank another sip, and sighing heavily. "Whatever, if they are able to win with honor then maybe it was worth something to them."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 8:40 pm

"Oh, i'm curious. Usually, people can't speak much of the background unless their past holds some weight abut themselves as well. "Gabe would say to the woman as he adjusted his posture. "So, enlighten me. What dobyou think is needed to survive in the world today that made the men of chivalry go extinct? " Anyone could say something basic, but he wodered if her answer would be something different and complex." The attraction to having a code of ethics, to be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if i was the only one in this room that felt this way.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Let's Try Again [Gabe] Tumblr_mzwtvipfZs1sh590oo3_1280

"Or they just think privacy still exists and anyone poking around is like to get hit. You know, that is a thing too." She said in a matter-of-fact tone. What is so hard to get that some people just don't tell everyone their life story? It's none of anyone's business if she or anyone want to keep to themselves. What they do or will do never needs to be shared unless they choose to. She's heard plenty of talk that the Queen knows all, and punishes Terrorists in many fashions; which never sat well with her. Who would want to be known by name by someone they have never met? It's so creepy. She pulled her legs to her body on the seat as the music began to change.

"This world has always been in a desperate need of an update. The problem with honor is that it only stretches as far as your "code" extends. It means nothing to promise not to backstab you, and find some other way to screw you in the end. Men of chivalry were idiots to think that honor is the only thing worth living by back then. It just gives others reason to use you, chew you up and spit you over the side of the road. There is no shame in playing dirty to get what you need. That's all there is to it. People can get alot done if they just ignore the idea that others will just automatically be good to them. You probably are just out of the wrong time kid."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 2:04 am

“I wonder how far that statement travels. Is it the same for all people, regardless of status and lineage? In the sense of chivalry, an outward of honesty among the sea of shrouds certainly has appeal to it. You see, my lady, it’s not just chivalry among men that interests me. It’s chivalry among the very ethics and responsibilities of who you are and what you stand for. “ Gabe started to passively shuffle the deck of cards. “ it’s a responsibility you hold to yourself….that you hold for yourself, in the sense of ethics that you choose for yourself. That is what I think it means, what I gave you before was the stories of the past. “ Gabe then revealed a red queen to the woman. “ I don’t think it’s selfish to live for yourself….i just like to pick at the riddles in our language.”

Gabe then smiled at her. “ Ahh..then I would be a terrible knight. I think the fear that lies there is that I’ll prove myself to have those beliefs in a superficial light, with self-preservation for my way of life being the only thing that’s important to me. To protect it, in image alone…. A beast.” Though, he felt he was talking too long. “ Sorry for the fortune cookie talk..make of it what you will.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 2:10 am

"I guess you're dumb way of thinking is respectable. If you have something to hold onto you damn well shouldn't lose it or it was never that big a deal anyway. But that's not for me...I don't have many of those ethics. I do what I want cause I get food and I have fun. Ethics only matter if there are others to project them onto." Without people what is the point to have a sense of honor? No one would ever be around to join you, ridicule you or egg you on. It meant little to someone like her. Maybe it meant something to Gabriel though. She genuinely did not understand it. "So what does that mean for you? What are you gonna do if you're out of the place in this chaotic place?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Try Again [Gabe]   Let's Try Again [Gabe] Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Try Again [Gabe]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next