Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] Empty
PostSubject: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:36 am

"Mmm... What?....Erg... My head. How much did I drink last night, Oh... Oh no. Please don't let there be someone in my bed. Not again, please not again..." A thousand thoughts ran through Harvey's mind as he slowly woke up from his dreamless sleep. His eyes were clamped shut in fear that the natural light of his room would aggravate this pounding headache even further... Thank god he had today off or he'd be screwed out of the peaceful life he had worked so very hard for... This did, however, make it hard for him to decern if anyone else was sleeping in his bed... and as such it would be even harder for him to react accordingly. As such he decided, with much deliberation, to open his eyes and see if anyone was in his bed.

And he was in luck! No one was in his bed, not even him! As it turned out he was sitting out in front of the bar that he had been drinking at the night before. Grin's Hole In The Wall... Only bar Harvey ever drank at, no real reason, just convenience honestly. "Ugh... Why... Why am I still here..." He would ask shuffling to his feet and trying to steady himself. Slightly unaware of the small bird gracing his shoulder...
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 1:28 pm

What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] E0WqrRw
Malfus - NPC

This was odd behavior, even for his owner. It wasn't the first time his owner had came here, but he was gone for a very long time this time. Malfus thought nothing of it at first, his owner always came back for him eventually. Yet this time when he did finally come back out he didn't even take them home! It was cold and windy out here on the streets at night, why didn't he take them home? Why choose to stay here? It was all very confusing. It didn't help much that his owner hadn't fed him before they came out either. Fortunately, the bird wasn't stupid and knew he had to keep himself warm throughout the night and he knew just the sort of place that would provide the needed cover.

Malfus had slept underneath the overhanging roof of the bar, the roof jutted out a little so provided him with cover from the wind as well as a nice vantage point to perch and still keep an ever watchful eye on his owner. It hadn't been the best nights sleep for the bird in recent memory, he could of probably flown home himself, but he was loyal to his owner and refused to leave him alone. Malfus's efforts eventually paid off and despite the restless night, he was quickly revitalized with life as he saw his hung-over owner stir back to consciousness. With a single swooping motion, the bird had quickly flown its way from its perch back onto the shoulder of its beloved owner. Overjoyed to see that he was in fact okay, the bird would let out its usual happy song into Harvey's ear... Perhaps a little too loudly for someone who had just woken up from a full nights drinking...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 1:19 am

Exiting Professor J.'s totally not creepy clone containment chamber (Or as it was more commonly known: his basement), Selenus noticed that the bar wasn't as empty as he had expected it to be. Sure, J. kept to himself in the deeper reaches of the hole in the wall, Callie most likely had a separate home to be in, god knows wherever 8D was, and it was too early in the morning for anyone to expect any of the aforementioned people to show up to work. There was, however, a man sitting on the counter, groggily coming back to his senses. Most likely he'd passed out on the counter itsef after having one too many drops of alcohol for his brain to retain conscious function.

Selenus wondered if he should bother to speak to the man. Sure, Nola would be waiting for him back at home, and he seriously needed to cut down on public presence if he wanted to keep himself alive... but at the same time, could he in good consciense leave a guy with a hangover alone in a deserted bar, in the middle of the backlight district? He was a personal witness to how much of a pain it was to even get to the damn place from the Backlight's entry, he figured it wouldn't be much different to find the way out...

...against his better judgement, Selenus slowly walked up to the man. The first thing he noticed was the male fairy-wren on the man's shoulder. Cute, but odd. Usually fairy-wrens and superb fairy-wrens kept to the mid-east side of the planet, and for all he knew they weren't exactly super-popular stock for pet shops. The bird, in turn, would maybe notice Selenus, but not in the same way it would other animals. Selenus's inorganic nature and lack of body heat or pulse would make him immune to the common sense in animals that is presence detection - or at least, that's what Selenus expected; that was the way it was with all animals and him. Well, most of them anyway.

"Excuse me sir-" The robot wolf began "The bar isn't open yet. I'm gonna have to ask you to step off of the counter." Clone-tester or not, the fact was Selenus had indeed offered to serve as bar staff until he could pay for his repairs, which meant doing his job despite what he considered risky or not.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 4:51 pm

"Ah... Malfus? What are you doing here boy? Though the better question is what am I doing here... I didn't even order anything alcoholic last night... did I?" Harvey shook his head clear and reached up to pet the small bird gently, out of all his birds Malfus was the friendlyest, though that wasn't saying much really... If any of his birds had to be the ones he woke up to today he was glad it was him. Even if her singing was a tad loud...

After a quick check of his pockets and his coat he was relieved to find that his wallet and all it's contents were still where he left them, along with his phone and other pocket trinkets. "Ah... good... I was worried I might have to go to the DMV... And we wouldn't want that now would we Malfus? heh... Sorry I made you wait all night. Trust me I'm just as confused as you are."

Now, had Harvey been an excitable clown or overly hyper fanboy, the sudden appearence of a robotic dog would have prompted some sort of reaction out of him. However sense he was neither of these two, admittedly specific, things, Selenus's sudden appearance only resulted in a raised eyebrow. "Oh... Sorry..." Harvey would mumble as he slid himself off the counter"You one of the doctor's ... *Y-YAAAAAWN* creations?... Do.. you konw wha... what happened... last.. nizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Harvey has fallen asleep standing up....
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 pm

"Tweeeet!" Maflus would reply cheerfully as his owner pet him, he had always enjoyed attention which was a bizarre trait for a bird such as his kind. It didn't matter to him though, any kind of attention was appreciated and his owner always shared lots of it and for that he was thankful. The small bird would tug at one of Harvey's loose hair strands in an attempt to catch his attention again once he went rummaging through his pockets. Yet the loose hair would just come away and float down to the ground slowly, Malfus eyeing it all the way down with extreme curiosity before nestling into the neck of his owner once more.

Malfus, too distracted with playing with more strands of Harvey's hair, wouldn't even notice the metallic pup approach until his owner started to speak with it. At this, the bird would stare at the unknown creature with bewilderment. Tilting his head from one side to the next in an attempt to make it easier to understand what it was he was looking at. Yet no amount of head turning would solve this mystery. And with his owner asleep once more, it was clearly up to him to search this new interesting thing to make sure it was safe for his owner to be around! Flapping his wings softly, Malfus gracefully glided down and perched himself on the creatures head, not entirely aware that it was in fact the creatures head. He'd then proceed to peak gently at the creature head, hopping back slightly in confusion with the metallic sound that echoed back at him.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

So this man knew the proffessor? Interesting; J. didn't really seem lke the socializing type unless the other parties involved in said socialization were scientific minds, and while he didn't want to be judgeful or assume, the man standing before him looked like everything except a scientific mind. "I... suppose you could say that." Vagueness is convenient sometimes "Are you feeling alright? I can call a taxi for you if you wanted, but you'd have to be the one to pay for..." Selenus's sentence slowly slid to a stop as he noticed that the man had started snoring... and... fallen asleep standing up. Huh.

Selenus considered using his tail to shake the man awake, but being grabbed at with a tentacle-ish metal tail wouldn't really be a reassuring sight for anyone. While thinking of what to do, Selenus noticed that the man's fairy-wren had flown down from his shoulder and onto his head, pecking at it a few times before realizing that he was standing on a metal construct. He chuckled at the endearingness of the bird's actions, then kept thinking. He needed to analze how to wake the man up without coercing him into considering him a threat, and to do so he needed to survey him: he was built like a truck, and was wearing business attire to boot, which made it incredibly hard to discern whether he was a blue collar worker or white collar worker. Whichever the answer was, however, he looked like a man that woke up early in the morning to do things given that the previous night he HADN'T gotten shitfaced. An idea springing to his head, Selenus used his tail to gently grab the fairy-wren on the top of his head, carefully place it on the bar counter, then approach the man before opening up an internet tab in his internal CPU. More specifically, a video tab.

Suddenly, the all-too-familiar-to-everybody noise of an alarm clock would blare out from Selenus's mouth, sure to wake up the man in front of him if his speculations were correct.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 am

"ZzzzzzzzzBECAUSE I don't remember in the slightest what happened.... oh hey... Sorry, I must have dozed off there, my bad..." Harvey yawned and booped the robot pup on the nose in order to silence the all to familiar beeping sound. After blinking the last of the sleep from his eyes Harvey would take a moment to compose himself and reach out for Maflus. He had a vague idea of how long he was out for, he always did. He wouldn't so much as call it narcolepsy or anything that major, he just enjoyed sleeping more then being awake. Frankly the idea of the waking world and working filled Harvey with nothing but contempt and annoyance. Sleep was easy, life was hard.

"Anyway... Sorry for the mess... I honestly don't understand how it happened. I didn't order anything strong enough to make me pass out, much less so inst-instaaaYAWN Instantly....Unless the clown drugged me again... Or I just fell asleep... That is a possibility after all heh... " Harvey would lazily crouch down to be eye level with the robotiic dog and smiled a lopsided and tired grin, "Anyway, my names Harvey, I'm a regular around here but I.... I haven't... havent seezzzzzzzz... Seen you around, Are you a new invention or somezzzzzzzzzzzzzthing?" How the man manged it was a wonder of science in and of it self, but Harvey was indeed falling asleep mid sentence, only to wake up and finish said sentence not two seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 12:54 pm

The small bird would watch the approaching tail of the metallic being he was standing on come towards him with interest, hopping onto it and balancing on it as it lifted him up to the counter where he hopped back off again, continuing to stare down at the weird unknown creature below as it began to load up an alarm.

Flapping his wings suddenly in a sort of panic, Malfus would fly back up to the small outset in the roof he had been sleeping in over night when the unexpected noise came blaring out of the creature. The poor bird couldn't make head or tail of all of this, it didn't seem to make any sense at all! Although, the weird noise did wake back up his beloved master whom he'd fly back down to when he reached his hand out towards him and chirp happily. No matter what could be going wrong, he knew that if his master thought it was safe then all was well. Re-perching himself on Harvey's shoulder, the fairy-wren would make his best effort to nudge at Harvey's neck with his tiny talons or to pull on a strand of his hair with his beak each time he nearly fell asleep to keep him awake. The bird was hungry and was smart enough to know he wouldn't be getting any food any time soon if his master kept falling asleep over and over.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 pm

There is such a thing as being sleepy, and then there are severely worrisome cases of chronic narcolepsy as the one Selenus was currently faced with. Not only was this man able to fall asleep while mid-sentence and standing up, apparently jolt-starting him did jack shit to make sure he would remain awake after waking up. Glancing over at the fairy-wren on Harvey’s shoulders, he wondered how such a sleepy man could possibly take care of such a small bird. The smaller they are, the more needs they demand are met, after all. ”Your owner’s really a handful, isn’t he?” Honestly, seeing how Harvey kept falling asleep and his fairy-wren kept trying to wake him up, it was more like the fairy-wren was the owner and Harvey was the pet.

Suddenly, an idea sparked into Selenus’s mind. He went behind the counter, grabbed some coffee beans, put them into the coffee machine along with some boiling water and waited. After a short time, there was a steaming cup of fresh coffee ready to be drunk. He understood that caffeine would do jack shit to wake up a fast metabolizer, but Harvey looked like the very antithesis of fast metabolizers. Gently, Selenus set the coffee cup on the counter in front of Harvey and waited for the aroma to do its job.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 pm

"ZzzzzzCoffee...." Harvey's head snapped up at the smell of the heavenly aroma of he hearty brew. His half lidded eyes locked onto the cup like a hawks readying itself to strike at it's prey. No sooner had Selenus set the cup down, did Harvey take and chug it like a frat boy chugging a light beer. "HOOO! That's what I live for! Love it! Feeling GOOOOD! Now were was I little guy?"

Harvey's eyes, though still half lidded were full of energy, vim and vigger. "All right, thanks for the coffee guy. How much do I owe you?" Harvey reached for his wallet to pay the coffee. First he checked his back pocket, then his front, then his coat pocket and under his hat. After checking his hat he realized that he didn't have a hat, which made it rather hard to check his hat. Then he checked his shoe, which also did not have his wallet."Uh... We may have a problem there little robot guy."
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 11:33 am

After countless failed attempts at keeping his owner awake, Malfus would look down at the strange creature that he'd investigated earlier as it spoke. Twitching his head from one angle to another multiple times still trying to figure out what exactly it was he was looking at, it still confused him greatly but he would chirp a happy little song anyway when spoken to.

Suddenly fluttering into the sky, the small bird would be startled by the sudden movements of his owner. To go from so lifeless and drowsy to such a sudden spring of life frightened him a little and he'd hover from above for a short while to assess what had just happened. Although with no clear and visible threat in the area to make his owner jump like that, the fairy-wren would eventually re-perch himself, this time on top of Harvey's head. Staring down from above at the drink he was lifting up and down from his mouth. As the blue feathered bird did this, it's eyes would get distracted by something glinting on the floor below, tucked slightly underneath the bar counter. Diving down and swooping up to land slowly, the small bird would start pecking at a shiny metal button that was used as a clip to keep the wallet it was attached to closed. Malfus had seen this thing before! And he always enjoyed watching the way the button shined in the light, he'd try to drag it out yet try all he might the bird was simply too weak to actually carry the thing.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 6:05 pm

“…Nothing. It’s on the house.” No it wasn’t, it was on him. J. would most likely berate him or worse if he were to give away free drinks without even knowing how much they cost. He’d just put the money in the cashier later. “Are you feeling fine, though? You fell asleep standing up and mid-sentence… twice. From what I understand that could be the symptoms of a stroke.” The concern in Selenus’s voice could not be any more natural. Sure, he’d just met the man, but Selenus couldn’t help but worry for innocent people in need of help (or at least, people he though needed help). The fact that this man had a pet fairy-wren was not helping either. It was too cute to potentially leave ownerless.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:10 am

"Ah... well that's... rather nice of you uh... You. Sorry I don't think I caught your name little guy... If you have one. The other one tells me something different every time I'm here...." Harvey yawned again as he noticed the sudden absence of his little bird friend. It took him a few moments to react however, the high from the coffee having long sense worn off. Normally his morning cup of joe would last longer, but with his tolerance levels  and the relative weakness of this brew... it's a surprise it lasted as long as it did. Though that's not saying much, his normal cup is a pint of triple shot espresso.

"And don't worry about it.... You... It's not like narcolepsy or any...zzzzzthing. I just *YAAAAAWN* like my sleep... Oh hey."  Harvey would gently and slowly bend down to pick up Malfus, careful not spook or harm the bird as he gingerly put it back on his shoulder and picked up his wallet. "Good.... Good boy Mal...zzzzzfus. Anyway... Pooch. I tried asken before but... but passed out. What exactly happened last night?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfie977

Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Try all he might, Malfus just couldn't seem to move this shiny button off of whatever it was attached to, which was a shame because he really, really wanted it. Maybe his owner would know how to get it? That was worth a shot in his in the moment mind. "Tweeet~!" The small bird would call trying to catch his owners attention or at best the weird creature that he still hadn't quite figured out yets attention. At first the bird was overjoyed as he watched his owner bend down to pick up the wallet and hopped up onto his shoulder hoping to be rewarded with the shiny thing for finding it. Yet then he watched in dismay as Harvey put the wallet into his pocket instead.

Fluttering down to hover beside Harvey's pocket, Malfus would try to come up with some kind of way of retrieving the button. Yet it wasn't really something he could do, birds weren't known to come up with plans for situations like these. Instead trying two of three times to grasp it in his beak then fly back just to have it stay in place. Eventually he'd get bored and returned his attention to the odd creature. His attention span wasn't that impressive really and he already was no interested by this again almost instantly forgetting of the buttons existence. With a quick swoop the fairy wren would land on the robo-dogs back and hop about a few paces in each direction to see if there was anything interesting to find...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:12 pm

“Hmm… if you say so…” Now that he considered it from a more rational perspective, it’d be an incredible feat for somebody suffering from a stroke to wake up multiple times. Still, he remained cautious, just to be sure. “It’s… Selenus… and the other one’s name is Grins – or “8D – by the way.” He realized 8D probably didn’t want him revealing his true name to somebody he was messing with, but after what happened with the clones and his running away from the bar… Selenus didn’t really care.

Selenus’s attention shifted to the fairy-wren (whose name he’d picked up as “Malfus”) that had perched atop his back. Not being able to resist the temptation of spoiling an animal, Selenus used his tail to reach for a few sunflower seeds he’d been keeping behind the counter (for 8D-revenge-seeking purposes. Don’t ask.) And sprinkled some of them before the bird on his back.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know.” Selenus would reply politely. “I was busy last night keeping Grins in line.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]   What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning] Empty

Back to top Go down

What a way to wake up... (Selenus) [Set Durring Morning]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next