Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Longing For Lauderdale

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 pm

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Krq0Z4X

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 JieaXjO

He felt it start to slip. Bits of his sanity felt like it would shatter, yet he held on. The white that threatened to overtake the black found itself in a reversal as it retreated and disappeared. For now, Joshua was back. But he was still somber as the Nyarlathotep Child continued to listen to her. He remembered about Naomi back in Zela Academy when they fought Ananke, so they were friends and not even she or Lune could help her.

But hearing about her talk about herself... it saddened him. Just like him, they both gave up on the world. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck for a moment with his lips starting to form a dark grin.

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 G8MbxGo

"Y'know the funny thing is? It's the same thing I said to Ariston when I wanted him to tell me where you were."

He let his hand fall to his side and continued, "I actually hate this fucking world and I could hardly give two shits about it this time around. Both fucking Zachary and Isla can kill themselves over their pissing contest for all I care. Fuck 'em. I lost my parents soon after the whole Event happened two years ago, hit by a drunk asshole who got off scotch-free. You and Simon are the only ones I have left. The way how you're like this... isn't it also because you tried too hard to tough it out and decided to push people away? You're better than this, Rinna. The Rinna I know isn't pathetic enough to just waste away like this. If the world is shit, why not try to remake it for your sake and the people you care about? You don't have to choose between the two piles of shit piles here. Azami here wants to remake the world and she hates it as much as we do. But to be honest, I could hardly care less about it if it means I have to kill you. So I'm not going to do that, I came here for you and you only."

He offered a hand to Rinna and had a tired, yet genuinely warm smile for her.

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 K8ufr8j

"So, please. Tell me what happened two years ago, Rinna. Let us help you. Simon and I here for you only. Just give us the chance for once. Not just for you, but for the people that care about you. It's tiring and it hurts, I know. But... are you really okay with this? With how it is now?"
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 2:45 am

It was odd. She had expected Rinna to lash out violently against them or shun Joshua and Simon further, but no such thing happened. Perhaps she was smarter than Azami took her for or perhaps she was simply a sentimental woman deep down as her words seemed to imply. Whatever the case, it didn't matter. A fight had been avoided, at least for the moment, and that was good news regardless of the reason behind it. Rinna began to explain as Nyarlathotep's chosen had desired from the start and as she spoke Azami would pay close attention silently taking mental notes over the information she provided.

Annoyingly enough, Joshua seemed keen on revealing Azami's true goals to someone who was working with Isla by her own admission, though she wasn't too surprised to hear him blab about it. She had always doubted his loyalties -- no, not just doubt; she had always known he would choose Rinna over her and her vision if it came down to it. It was something he had made clear from the start himself yet hearing him say those words now... it stung nevertheless. She had done her best to detach herself from Joshua, but try as she might she still felt somewhat of a connection with him. After all, they saw the world the same way; he seemed to share her viewpoint on it and her ability to perceive the flaws that others failed to notice or simply chose to ignore. After many long years of thinking she was alone in her cruel world, that no one could possibly understand her, she had finally found someone like her -- and that someone would be more than eager to toss her aside were it for the sake of Rinna. She felt many feelings in that moment -- pain, anger, loneliness, regret, envy -- yet like always she responded to them in the same way and shoved them deep down inside away from prying eyes. No one had a right to see those emotions of hers: not Simon, not Rinna, and especially not Joshua. Their existence was knowledge for her and her alone.

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Tumblr_n9ig5nxDyM1s4yh14o1_500

Even if keeping them locked away hurt, she knew that voicing them aloud would only lead to more pain. So she swallowed down the words that came crawling up her throat and focused herself on the task at hand. And that task, of course, was convincing Rinna to join her cause (or at the very least not interfere with it directly).

"You said it yourself, didn't you? You don't want to live in the society we live in, you find it hard to keep going on... In other words, you're just like Joshua and I, aren't you? Isla will only seek to restore the status quo because the status quo is what benefits her. If she has her way I'm certain she'll wipe the supernatural from this world and return it to the way it was. Things will continue as they always have: the world will be plagued with suffering, injustice, selfishness, and will have no hope of ever changing. And you're already against Zachary, so I doubt I need to tell you why you shouldn't side with him."

"I remember waking up to this power... I felt alive for the first time in a long while. I felt like I had a purpose -- like I could actually do something to impact the world. These powers we wield defy the laws of reality. They're miracles which if used by the right hands could change this world for the better. But if the 'normal' world is brought back then we lose the chance we have to fight back against our current reality and make something new."

"Rinna... I don't need you to join if you don't want to, but I at least ask that you don't try to stop me. Isla and Zachary are a part of the problem, not the solution. You understand that, right?"

She hoped she did. Because if not then...

Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Tumblr_o47ouv5DoS1s0ifhgo1_500

Rinna shook her head at Joshua. "This isn't like you. If something happened, I understand. But shit, I wasn't this dull..." she smiled grimly at herself. "I can't physically help you. I am under orders, but Hecate won't let me leave this place without her trying to kill me or take my body for good. Isla and I will remain partners cause at this point I won't have a choice. I need you all to hit me. Then if you can take on Hecate, which she will jump in to protect the body, feel free to try if you think it's worth it. It'll get her under control, maybe even get rid of her for good." She held her arm out, and walked towards Joshua, but before she could reach him, he could see the "sweat" falling from her hand, and most of her body. It had a strange skin-like color to it; was it her own? She stopped and shook her head ." These islands were never nice to me. Dally was all I head until Naomi and her friends helped me. And when they all went to save the day, I was left behind wondering what I did, who I was. In all of it, a voice called out to me, a voice I knew. It gave me names, and then power to take them all out. I had nothing else left, even Dally was under protection from her parents. So I killed someone, a Shadow I think. And I think Naomi caught me, but I just didn't care. I've been hiding here for a while now. I had never spoken to anyone but Isla, and eaten merely what they could send, or what I could find. It was odd, and yet comforting. I learned alot, how life was hell, and that some people are just meant to be good or bad. It's in their blood, completely locked in a path that is decided for them. Fate is such bullshit..."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:14 pm

He listened what else Rinna had to say. But seeing what was becoming of her was worrying. That power she received was clearly too much for her and Rinna was paying the price. Joshua finally summoned his spear in his hand, ready to begin. While he had been gone for two years, Joshua wasn't there for her. Now, it was time to help her.

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Tx0b6j0

"You're right. Fate is bullshit. But we can tell it to go fuck itself and take control of our own destiny.
After all, that's why we all fought the Angels and Primordials back then and managed to see the next two years, right?
Same with Isla, there's no need to take her orders if all she sees you as a tool.
And you're better than that and I'm going to give you that freedom to choose when we're done with this.
Just stay alive, alright? This might hurt."

He paused to breathe for a moment before looking back at Azami and Simon. The Nyarlathotep Child nodded at them. He turned back and gripped tightly on his spear. With a flourish, he swung it to begin hitting Rinna at her arm, that was offered earlier, with the blunt pole instead of stabbing her with the spear tip.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 10:01 pm

"Rinna... If Hecate's too much for you to bear then, if it's possible, I'll take that burden upon myself. The more power I can get, the better a chance Azores has."

"There are sacrifices that must be made. You aren't one of them."

"Know that Joshua is here for you and... and sleep tight, alright?"

Yellow stained her eyes and she slowly nodded at Joshua. Azami Aihara clenched her hand into a fist and a shinai appeared within it while she began to walk forward. She came to a stop and swung the weapon downward at Rinna's head as asked of her. No words came from her lips, though perhaps her silence conveyed more than what any sentence could.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Rinna smirked sadly. She was however disappointed he didn't have full conviction and didn't genuinely try to hurt her. Had it not have been a soulbound weapon, the monster in her would never have cared. However, it was aware, and not too happy that her vessel was coming under harm. Before his weapon connected, her skin began to contort, and strange blue tendrils burst to grab a hold of the weapon, holding it in place and attempting to wrench it free. Among Rinna's body, she began to sweat even more, and it appeared that her skin was slowly melting off her body and onto the ground into an ugly slime. Rinna herself lost her skin color, and her body was turning an almost sick shade of blue as she fell forward into the muck, before soon, the goo began to take shape and rise in the air. Rinna's body hung weakly in the center of it, forced to stay connected to the Demon she agreed to serve. Her body hissed quietly as she weakly raised an arm, and a strange light began to glow in her eyes. The two of them would be able to feel a strange connection to her body, as though she was anchoring her very soul to them. Hecate's presence however remained the stronger. If they failed to stop her from taking what was left of her, then they would lose someone who could preserve their future; a person who never truly deserved what happened to them...

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 2hezms1

PvS Combat has Begun ~ Hecate: Error, Human is Dead. Mismatch.

"You dare harm my vessel that rightfully belongs to me?! I will show you the error of your ways and send your souls to the afterlife! You will know to fear my magick!"

" . . . . . . . "

Hecate:

Rinna Lauderdale:

Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Joshua simply dismissed his soulbound weapon as the tendrils grabbed hold and immediately backed away to lay his eyes on this monstrous sight. There was a tingling in his spine, it was a familiar apprehensive sensation since he fought against the likes of Ananke and the others. Yamato-Takeru no Mikoto was summoned upon his will. He was in no mood to take any flak from the Tainted Persona, determined to continue the task at hand.

But what the demon had said made him livid. Someone was going to die today.

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 LlVsMMg

”Rinna belongs to you? Don’t make me laugh, parasite. She's not a tool or a toy to be owned. I’m going to excise you from her like the cancer you are. Do us all a favor and eat shit and die.”

Action:

Joshua’s Stats:

Last edited by Godai on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Just only edited the dialogue. No randomizers were used, just guarding.)
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Equipment:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Before Azami could strike Rinna, Joshua's attack would trigger the emergence of Hecate and several tendrils would attempt to latch onto his weapon only for it to disappear. It seemed that they didn't need to all attack her after all; his attack alone had been enough to draw her out and, judging from her tone, piss her off. The creature was an abomination, a monstrosity which would no doubt strike terror into the hearts of any average person who laid eyes on it, but Azami felt no such fear. Seeing its true form revealed removed any mystery and uncertainty surrounding the entity, and the sudden surge of power she felt flow through her overwhelmed any remaining worries she possessed. The woman's glowing yellow eyes glistened with hunger, albeit there was still some semblance of reason and rationality within them (unlike when she had fought YumiAmi).

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 R86no2
"Hathor... Come forth. There's no need to attack. Not yet anyway."

The Persona would nod at its master and turn its eyes to the beast with a brief, but inquisitive stare. It seemed to be trying to fully analyze the potential enemy and gather as much information as possible on it. Meanwhile, Azami would look up at Hecate with a calm, arrogant grin. "Don't be foolish. None of us had any intention of destroying or harming your vessel, especially not Joshua. We only wanted to draw you out."

"My name is Azami Aihara and my life is tied directly to that of this world. I am the anchor which holds Azores afloat: if you insist on fighting and manage to kill me then both you and your vessel will be consumed by the Core. Raising a hand against me or anyone else here will spell your demise one way or another. So, if you wish to live, then how about we all take a seat and discuss the situation like adults. Your call, though if you wanna be consumed so badly then I'm sure Bhima and I can arrange that."

Azami Aihara:

Personas:

Action:

Passives:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Hecate:

Rinna Lauderdale:

Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Support Action:

Joshua's Action:

Stats:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 28bb7v5

Support Action:

Joshua's Action:

Stats:
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 2lbfhhs
"Nice one Joshua!"

Azami Aihara:

Personas:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Hecate:

Rinna Lauderdale:

Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Support Action:

Joshua's Action:

Stats:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longing For Lauderdale    Longing For Lauderdale  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Longing For Lauderdale
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next